Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost and now Found(Lounger/Moon)

"I'm sure. I can't just sit here all day. Infact I don't think I can even stay still right now" Samantha was already feeling herself filling with energy, not just from herself but from the Earth as well, its energy flowing into her, filling her. It didn't feel like something foreign though, it felt completely natural to her. Then again it was completely natural, after all, the Earth was rather literally part of her body now, its energy really was her energy, there was no longer any distinction between them. For some of the inhabitants of this place, they would be unable to separate Samantha from the Earth unless they could actually see her in order to do so.

"Shopping district? That'll be amazing to see, I wonder what kind of things they have to buy here" Samantha's curiosity hadn't dulled in the slightest, if anything it had only been enhanced. "Just don't go taking advantage" Alison spoke up as Daneas had offered to let them buy whatever they wanted. There was no need to go crazy right away after all, they could always come back another time after all, and Samantha would have all the time for shopping she wanted.
As they made their way through the city, all three women were looking around in absolute awe. It was obvious for the world to see that they were new here, but none of them cared. This place was simply too incredible not to be impressed. Even in a hundred years, their awe wouldn't have dulled. If the rest of the world knew about a place like this then people would be flocking to it from all over. And then there was the people, Samantha outright stopped and stared at some of them as they passed, though fortunately they didn't seem to mind the stares, then again they were probably more than used to such stares from newcomers. Still, Samantha had to restrain herself from just reaching out and touching some of them.

Sam was snapped out of her staring at the sound of another voice calling out Daneas' name, turning around to see an elderly woman approaching, looking entirely human and speaking a language that the three women didn't understand, though the more she heard it the more familiar it became to Samantha, as if the Earth's understanding was becoming her understanding. Though she wasn't at the point of actually knowing what Elizabeth was saying just yet, she would certainly pick up an understanding of the language in time if she heard some more of it.
"Feed me?" Samantha blinked and tilted her head, then laughed nervously as her stomach rumbled loudly. Yes, food sounded very good right now. "Well, it would be rude to refuse from the sounds of things, and I am rather hungry. So I'd be more than happy to accept. Besides, I'm looking forward to trying some of the food in this place" "The food here is safe for human consumption isn't it?" Katherine spoke up, always the Doctor. "Or is there anything we should avoid due to it being poisonous to humans?"
Regardless of the question, Samantha had already stepped forward to eagerly accept Elizabeth's offer, giving her a bright smile to show her happiness and acceptance.

he smiled a little. "your going to be hyper all day now, aren't you?" he asked with a smile. "that's okay. that's normal." he assured her. "your a bit more hyper than anticipated of course but somehow i think that's going to be a running theme with you." he admitted as he shook his head and led the way. "there is everything you could ever want. artwork, nicknacks, paints, pencils, paper, parchment, clothes, cloth, fabric, fish, fruit, vegetables, moss, tea, coffee, something that looks like Coffee but tastes like dirt." he admitted with a grin. "shoes, animals. anything you could ever want. it's like going to a mall mixed with a food court coupled with a couple dozen mom and pop grocery stores." he admitted. "and you can't take advantage." he promised. "newcomers are very welcome. they bring in new genes, new life, new ideas." he admitted. "it's one of the reasons why this place is so like human cities. those that came in from the Human realm settled here and built a place that was a nice mix of human and Fayne culture." he admitted with a smile. "it helps them ease into the life here." he admitted.

no one did seam to mind the staring. the people who lived there where used to it. "i thought so." Daneas admitted with a chuckle when he heard her stomach growl. Elizabeth looked entirely too delighted and clapped her hands happily. "there are ways to decline." Daneas admitted. "but i figure this is a good way to let you get to know some of the local life." he admitted. "plus your hungry." he teased with a smile. "not all the food available in this realm is safe for human consumption." he admitted. "but as Elizabeth is one hundred percent pure human, the food will be edible." he promised. "if there's anything you shouldn't eat i'll make sure you don't eat it." he promised. "in the markets, anything that is poisonous to specific creatures is marked." he promised. "humanoids will see a stick figure with a circle and a slash through it if they shouldn't eat or drink that particular thing." he promised. "just like reptilians will have a lizard insignia with a circle and slash." he explained. "it's all very heavily regulated." he admitted, smiling as Elizabeth shook Samantha's hand, quite happily before she led them all to a large apartment complex and into a very comfortable, very normal looking apartment. she spoke again and Daneas smiled.

"she's inviting you to make yourselves at home and offering you something to drink. don't touch the wine, it's very strong and you'll be drunk before you can even blink." he warned with a smile. there was soon a table full of rather common looking foods. cakes, pastries, cookies and cups of coffee with cream and sugar in little bowls. all the while she chattered and Daneas offered up translations. cups of red tea was offered and some sort of juice that was purple and tasted like muskmelon and honey. there was even little finger sandwiches with sliced turkey chicken and ham. some watercress sandwiches and cucumber sandwiches for those who where vegetarian, if there where any. all in all it was very welcoming, and informative too. Elizabeth had been there long enough to know pretty much anything that the three might want or need to know.

"Well, at least we'll never be lacking for a shopping trip hm?" Alison grinned as Daneas explained the shopping districts to them, snuggling into Katherine's side. A shopping trip sounded good at some point, though eventually they'd need to get some money of their own. They couldn't rely on Daneas to go buying everything for them after all. So far though, both parents had to admit that everything Daneas had told them was coming true. Samantha really was this...Queen he had spoken of. This place really was welcoming of them. But then people didn't know yet exactly who Sam was. At the moment she was just yet another being come from the outside. When they found out who she really was, there was every possibility that could change. Right now though, they were both just happy to see Samantha happy. Clearly the girl was loving every second of this. Rather than feeling shy and out of place, she seemed just as natural here as she had back home.

Samantha's stomach grumbled again before they were brought inside. Then, as soon as the food was presented Samantha all too happily dug in. Everything that was offered, she more than happily accepted, munching away with a beaming smile, then taking a sip of every drink that didn't contain alcohol. Even if the wine hadn't been 'too strong', there was certainly no way that Katherine or Alison would be letting her drink. Queen or no Queen, there would be no drinking alcohol until she was 21 and that was the end of the matter.
"This is all so delicious!" Sam looked up to Elizabeth and grinned, giving her a thumbs up instead since the woman couldn't speak English, before happily tucking back into her food. Hungry had been an understatement, she was eating like she hadn't eaten at all in the last 17 years.
Finally though, the array of food and drink came to an end, Samantha leaning back with a satisfied look on her face. "That was great! I sure needed that. Thank you so much Miss Elizabeth" She smiled, standing up and extending her hand in thanks. "You've been very kind, thank you so much for the food and for your hospitality in having us here"

"of course not." he agreed with a smile. "they sell a little bit of everything here. even human things. like jeans." he admitted with a grin. "we haven't figured out TV yet but sometimes we can get a signal on the televisions they bring back from the mortal realms." he admitted. "we have huge theaters though if your interested." he admitted. "some of the plays we have are even from the mortal realms. Romeo and Juliet and Phantom of the Opera are favorites in this part of the realms." he admitted, pleased to see that Sam was fitting in well here. interacting easily with the people, even though they where weird by her standards. Elizabeth was delighted that Samantha was eagerly tucking in and beamed at them while they ate and chattered about the Peoples Ball that was coming up, Daneas translating the entire time. all the food was delicious, the stuff that Sam recognized tasted like it was supposed to, the things she didn't tasting exotic and delicious. as promised, he wouldn't let her eat the little round balls of what looked like raw meat mixed with various spices, peppers and garlic slivers. explaining that she didn't have the digestive system to handle it yet and that it could, and probably would make her ill. didn't stop him from munching on them though.

"i'll introduce you to Honey Ale later." he decided. "it has a little bit of alcohol in it but nothing that you would feel unless you drank an entire gallon. "most of our younger children drink it to introduce them to social drinking. like at dinner and dancing parties or balls." he admitted. "they tend to start at the age of eleven and twelve, and get started on something a little stronger once they hit fifteen to sixteen. every alcoholic beverage has a strict age limit on it." he admitted. "and until they reach the age of twenty one, yes just like your culture, they cannot imbibe anything that's stronger than a single beer unless they have parental consent, which is fairly rare." he admitted. "after they reach twenty one there is a 'coming of age' party. your not considered a full adult here until your twenty one either." he admitted with a grin. "something that tends to annoy the Changeling population and delight in their parents." he admitted with a chuckle as he helped Elizabeth clean up the mess, since Elizabeth wouldn't let Sam or her parents help.

Elizabeth was delighted to shake Samantha's hand and chatter at her that it was her pleasure and to come back anytime. maybe even when her Son was home? she was sure Samantha and Elias would get along wonderfully. Daneas just snorted and looked away, shaking his head. "she's been trying to get Elias, that's her son, to get married for the last thirteen years." he admitted with a grin. "Elias thinks he's too busy and Elves are exceptionally picky when it comes to their mates." he admitted. "especially since they tend to mate for life." he admitted. "she even tried to set me up with him." he admitted with a grin. "and that was back when he was a human still." he admitted as he told Elizabeth how wonderful the meal had been, thanking her for it and wishing her a goodbye. "so. how did you like your first social meal? Elizabeth is one of the most connected women in this city." he admitted. "everyone loves her and she's always inviting people to dinner." he admitted. "she throws the biggest party every year, we've started calling it the People's Ball because everyone comes." he admitted with a smile. "so, now that your full." he teased. "would you like to go shopping, or exploring?"

At the mention of alcohol both Katherine and Alison got rather stern looks on their faces. Clearly that wasn't the best thing to have brought up.....and it seemed that they had their own rules regarding age limits, though the rather mischievous grin on Sam's face indicated just as clearly that she had other ideas. Future Queen or no, she was still a teenager, she had to be at least a little bit rebellious no matter how much she loved her mothers.
Alison had tried to help with the cleaning up, but everytime she went to try and pick something up Elizabeth seemed to have gotten there first, quickly picking up whatever Alison had tried to go for. Eventually, Alison had no choice but to give up in exasperation, Katherine just patting her head gently with a slight grin on her face, she couldn't help but find her wife somewhat adorable when she got like this, not to mention it gave her a great chance to playfully comfort her.

"Uhhh...." Samantha blinked as soon as Daneas mentioned that Elizabeth was trying to get her son married, suddenly getting rather embarrassed as she realised exactly who Elizabeth's latest target for marriage was. "Ehehe" Sam laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her head. "Well I'm rather flattered but I think I'm definitely not ready for marriage just yet. I think that's definitely gonna take some time. Oh yeah, definitely gonna take a while before I'm ready for that" Sam nodded slightly, her parents suddenly looking over as well, as if on the lookout for someone who might be daring to try and take their little girl away. Definitely protective mothers through and through. All three women thanked Elizabeth as the group moved to leave, even if their words couldn't be understood it was clear they were thankful and had enjoyed their time in Elizabeth's company.
"Shopping or exploring? Hm" Sam looked over to Daneas. "Well we've done a little bit of exploring, so maybe a little bit of shopping...then after that, maybe time for some sleep. It's been a long day and a huge meal like that kinda takes it outta you" It was no surprise Samantha was beginning to feel fatigued, her body was still adjusting to being so deeply connected to the Earth. Whilst she had initially had an incredible burst of energy, her body had been working overtime to try and burn through it and adapt, meaning that fairly soon a deep exhaustion would set in so that she could sleep and continue adapting.

he blinked at their stern looks, his head tilted, looking a bit curious. "granted, the Changelings that atre brought in are expected to follow their parents rules." he admitted simply. "i'm only mentioning this so you understand why you see some of the youngers drinking something you might think they're not supposed to be." he admitted, there, that aught to keep him out of trouble. "Elizabeth is old school." Daneas explained with a chuckle. "guests don't do anything, and she's a spry old lady." he admitted affectionately. "oh don't worry, her son is out of town at the moment. he's what amounts to as a dignitary." he admitted with a smile. "so he's always busy." he admitted with a chuckle at seeing their reactions. "don't worry Samantha. legally you won't be old enough to marry for another thirty or more years. the marriage limit for the 'immortal' here is fifty." he admitted. "because we don't mature mentally at the same rate as humans do. which is why Samantha is still so immature compared to other humans." he admitted, though it was pretty obvious he was teasing her too. he decided not to mention that most immortal where sexually active at a very young age. the age limit for sex was fifteen in the motherlands. he didn't think talking about that would go over too well though.

"if your tired, we can continue the tour tomorrow." Daneas offered. "it's not like any if this is going anywhere and we have plenty of things in the palace for you to wear until you've had some rest." he promised. "everything in the palace is yours and we can magic the clothes there to fit you perfectly." he promised with a smile. "so we can go back and sleep if your tired." he promised. "the Markets are open every day and it rarely changes it's stock, being that it sells everything." he admitted. "your going to be crashing soon. the Mother, that is, the Earth, gave you a heck of an energy boost, but it's not unlike a sugar rush. a time of incredible hyperness and then all you want to do is just sleep." he admitted with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom