Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost and now Found(Lounger/Moon)

Katherine knew that Duke had been exaggerating about the injuries that Daneas had inflicted upon him, a few bruises had been the worst of it when she had treated him. Though she was a doctor and even for something so small she couldn't go telling everyone about what his injuries had really been, even if she might have wanted to. Still, his reputation preceded him and most people would likely just assume he was exaggerating or outright lying anyway.
"That's.....a cat...?" All three women looked at the animal with a look of slight suspicion and disbelief...none of them had seen a cat anywhere near that big before. "And...you're sure it's definitely harmless?" Katherine was still standing somewhat protectively infront of her wife and daughter, though after a few more moments Samantha came out from behind her, approaching Dragomir and smiling softly, looking down at him before reaching out to gently rub it's side, much like Daneas had done. "Wow, his fur is a lot softer than it looks" She grinned, then squeaked as it hurried away into a bedroom, then came back with a ball. "A cat that plays fetch huh? Now that I have to see"

With a bright grin Samantha picked up the ball, holding it up for Dragomir for a few moments before gently tossing it across the room. Alison laughed as Dragomir gave chase, clearly more relaxed around the animal now which allowed Katherine to relax as well, though she sat down to watch rather than joining Samantha and Alison in. "So Daneas, now you've had time to settle in, what do you think of the town?" Samantha looked over as Alison took a turn throwing the ball. "I mean besides the molestation attempts anyway. You seem a little more comfortable than when you first arrived here, like you've gotten used to the place, but I can't help getting a feeling that there's something missing...I dunno, it's weird, like you're looking for something y'know? Or maybe I've been watching too much TV and I'm just reading too much into everything" She grinned, then yelped as Alison threw the ball at her rather than across the room, Samantha quickly dropping it to try and avoid Dragomir outright pouncing her.

Daneas smiled a little as he nodded. "yes, just a cat. he's a Savannah Cat. an F3 actually... Savannah cats are actually what happens when you breed wild cats with house cats. an F1 is a cat whose mother is a house cat and father is a wild cat, or vice versa. they're more wild and very hard to train though. an F2 is when an F1 is bred with a House cat, and an F3, this guy here, is when you breed an F2 with a house cat. they are very large, yes, but the house cat genetics have overridden any 'wild' tendencies... well, except for the hyperactivity. Savannah cats are extremely energetic." he explained with a chuckle. "i have to play with him a lot, which is why i love having one. he's as active as i am. plus, no ones going to come in here and steal my stuff with a monster cat yowling at them." he admitted with a chuckle. "yeah, he's super soft. i have to give him baths all the time because he goes and rolls in the mud." he admitted, sounding vaguely annoyed. "sometimes i think he does it just so i WILL give him a bath." he admitted shaking his head. "he's softer than most because of that... i think." he admitted with a grin.

Dragomir went spastic chasing after the ball, batting it and chasing it all over the house. he was a lean, mean, ball catching machine. "i really like this town." Daneas admitted enthusiastically. "everything is quiet and the people here are all wonderfully nice. i know that my manners are... odd, compared to yours but no one seams to mind that i bow instead of shaking hands." he admitted with a sheepish smile. "where i come from, shaking a person's hand means you don't trust them, enemies meeting for peace talks shake hands for example... to check for weapons hidden in their sleeves." he admitted. "and the molestation attempts have stopped. i've started reporting them every time now, they got so bad." he admitted. "most of the women have backed off now...though, the one girl, she doesn't seam to like me too much. Sally Ann? the Pink Monstrosity." he explained. the richest, most popular girl in town. her daddy was the tow sheriff, and she was spoiled rotten. her 'mummy' was a CEO of some big shot company, so until Daneas hit the school she had held all the power. now Daneas did, and she didn't like it. even more so because he didn't give her the time of day, and he spent all his time with the 'misfits and freaks'.

"well... i suppose i am looking for something." Daneas admitted with a smile. "everything is different here, i'm still trying to.. place myself, figure out what i want to do with myself and where i fit in, in this society. i was a Romani. my options back in Romania where Gypsy camp, a gypsy camp, or a Gypsy camp." he pointed out. "sure i might have managed a place in my fathers company, but the Romanian's wouldn't have liked it." he admitted. "now i'm here and i have so many places i could go. i could be a baker if i wanted, or a lawyer... the many options are..." he smiled. "exhilarating." he laughed as Samantha failed to drop the ball in time and she was pounced on by Dragomir who decided Playtime was over and flopped himself onto her, demanding pets. "he knows not to use claws." he assured the room with a chuckle. "and he knows not to use ladies as springboards. scratch his chin." he suggested. "he loves that... oh! i completely forgot. what kind of Pizza would you ladies like?" he asked with a smile. "and would you like anything to drink? i have apple juice, orange juice, peach mango smoothie juice, milk, water, flavored water in strawberry and in cherry, and i have diet coke and cream soda."

"Well I'm glad you're learning to like it here. You seemed ready to just run away on that first day. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't" Samantha grinned over at him. "I'm still not entirely sure how you didn't come to think of it, must've been something keeping you here" She giggled softly, returning to playing with Alison and Dragomir whilst Katherine continued looking over at Daneas. "Ah yes, Sally....she has a reputation even outside of the school. Between her mother and father, what she wants she usually gets...." She shook her head. "Far too many blind eyes turned where that girl is concerned. From the sounds of it, I don't think 'molesting' you is what she might have in mind. Be careful with her though alright? Very careful. Her father is the town Sherriff, and if rumour is to be believed he's not entirely by the book, do you understand me?"
Normally Katherine wouldn't put much stock in rumour, but there was fairly strong sentiment through the town that where Sally's father was concerned it was more than just rumour. Though his bending the law to suit her whims weren't the only rumours surrounding Sally and her father. There were also plenty revolving around what happened between the two whilst the mother was away running the company for Sally to keep her father wrapped around her finger, though Katherine didn't think those were something to mention right now.

When Dragomir pounced her, Samantha squeaked and fell to the floor, fortunately landing on some cushions that Katherine had kicked over at the last second. She wasn't hurt though, Samantha just laughing happily as Dragomir curled up on her, reaching up to pat him on the head. "He's not as heavy as he looks actually is he?" She switched to scratching his chin as Daneas suggested. "Well don't worry about not knowing what you want to do, I haven't decided either. I haven't even figured out what I wanna study at college when I graduate High School, let alone what I wanna do for a career after that" "I keep telling you, you can come to the hospital with me one vacation and see what it'd be like being a doctor...." "I know I know mom, maybe in the summer" She looked over and smirked, then looked back to Daneas. "Well....I do like chicken on my pizza...oh! And a diet coke please" "I'll help with the drinks" Alison stood up quickly, glancing around for barely a second before immediately heading for the kitchen, already humming to herself as if she were at home.

he chuckled a little and nodded. "i would have if you hadn't talked to me like a rational person instead of a crazed person." he admitted with a smile. "even the teachers where bad." he admitted. "they kept making me stand up in front of the class and tell the most ridiculous things about myself. like my favorite color... how in the world could i have a favorite color?" he demanded, looking baffled. "as if one color is more important than others, i mean really..." he complained with a shake of his head. "i made up stuff, i don't think anyone's realized yet that i gave different answers in every class." he admitted with a chuckle. "Sally is a silly girl." he stated simply. "i have protection of my own, outside of some silly sheriff." he admitted with a smirk.

"she can try what she wants, if her father goes outside the law to 'take me down' he will find at least three Lawyers on my side." he admitted. "i hired them as soon as i landed in America. i'm not legally an adult yet, though they emancipated me because i'm only a few months away from eighteen." which was a lie but they didn't need to know that. "i refuse to become a political chess piece, and i refuse to be bullied by a little girl who thinks she understands politics. i was raised by an american dignitary, i learned politics and business on his knee. she holds no candle to me." he sniffed. "and when she grows up and lives on her own, she'll learn what real politics are." he admitted. "i've heard the rumors, i don't know if i beleive all of them, but i am certain Sheriff Carter will do whatever he pleases, in or out of the law, to keep his little girl happy." he admitted watching Dragomir bouncing around. "Sheriff Carter will find himself in a great deal of trouble if he tries to do something to me or to someone i hold dear in an effort to make his spoiled brat happy." he admitted. "i am a Gypsy after all, we're renowned for not playing by the rules but obeying the laws. we're very good at it. if Sheriff Carter makes the rules, then i will simply break them."

"he's about thirty pounds." Daneas admitted with a smile as he watched Dragomir soak up the attention. "oh, i have a basic idea of what i need to do." he admitted. "after all, i do have to take care of my Pater's businesses. but that only takes a little amount of time." he admitted. where someone to actually look up the cel Tradat Family, they would see generations upon generations of businesses. every generation of Daneas's 'family'...which was all him really but you couldn't say that to humans, had built up their power, political, and financial base over time. they descended from Russian royalty and spread across the world, buying businesses, investing, working the stock market and overall just making powerhouses of themselves. anyone in the public could Google Daneas Llewellyn cel Tradat and find everything he had said was true, even if it wasn't. Daneas had built his power base for the Royalty, or rather, under the Royal King's command. as the Marquis it was his job to do whatever the King, Queen, Prince, and Princesses needed. for four thousand years, he had made a very good job of playing the human economics.

"Chicken." he agreed with a smile as he stood up, smiling at Allison as she offered her help, letting her do whatever she wanted while he ordered four medium sized Pizzas to order. "so... uh..." here he flushed. "the Pizza man said the order came to fifty eight dollars and seventy four cents..." he offered Samantha a few hundred dollars of bills. "how much is that please?" he didn't know American currency. in the Motherlands, they used something different. they looked like tiny beads actually, each made out of a different metal. the more expensive the metal used, the higher the currency. this paper stuff was extremely confusing to him. "and what am i supposed to Tip him?"

"Well just be careful. People who get cocky in America tend to get taken by surprise" Katherine smiled slightly as Daneas outlined some of his family history. Whilst it was very impressive, being so high up usually just meant further to fall. "I know you're sure you can handle her, but you don't have experience with just how manipulative American teenage girls can really get when they want to be. I should know, I was one myself once y'know" She smirked and folded her arms. "Besides the occasional vote, I try to keep myself out of politics. I'm just a small town Doctor after all, I'm no politician. Besides, the last thing I need is to be on the wrong side of a Sherriff who doesn't particularly care much for the letter of the law when it doesn't suit him or his little girl" She waved her hand and leaned back in the seat. "But stay out of his way and he'll stay out of your way. Best thing to do is just ignore that daughter of his and make sure there are plenty of other people around you whenever she is. Doesn't matter what she or the Sherriff say if there are a huge amount of witnesses saying otherwise first"

Whilst Daneas was ordering the pizza, Alison got everyone their drinks, seemingly having no problem when it came to finding glasses for everybody, making sure everyone had what they wanted before she sat down herself.
When Daneas returned, Samantha would be sitting on the floor with Dragomir rolled over onto his back whilst she rubbed and tickled his belly. Though when he offered out the money she raised an eyebrow, then hung her head. "Uhhh....that....just one of these is worth almost twice as much as the entire bill...." She picked out a single bill for him. "This is worth a hundred dollars, see?" She pointed to the number in the corner. "I can guarantee you he wont have change for this. You're either gonna need something smaller, or that delivery guy is gonna get one hell of a tip and you're guaranteed to be their favourite customer" She had a distinct feeling that he had no smaller bills than those given that they were what he had pulled out. "If you're gonna live here in America, we're seriously gonna need to give you a few lessons about money here it seems"

he chuckled a little and nodded. "i know. i have no interest in... putting her in her place, as it where. so long as she starts nothing, i won't have anything to do with her." he admitted with a nod. "i have no interest in her. the only reason she wants me is to further her own 'glory' anyway. a gold digger." he shook his head. "besides, there's not much she could blackmail me with anyway." he admitted with a grin. "she won't make a move until she can find someway to 'control' me first... unless she's stupider than i thought." he admitted. "in any case, if i DO get in trouble with her or her Pater i certainly am not going to drag you, the Lady Alison or Samantha into it." he promised. he was a little amazed at how easily Alison had found everything though and he had to smile as she simply made herself at home. he was glad she was so comfortable here. "your such a soak." Daneas accused Dragomir, who simply ignored everything and purred with all his might.

"...oh." he muttered, examining the money. "alright... so it's like counting? this is worth one hundred and this is worth fifty?" he asked, picking out a few more bills from his pocket. "and this is worth twenty? so... if i give him three of these, that equals sixty?" he asked, blinking at it. "so... what is seventy four then?" he asked. "i should give him a fifty and a twenty for seventy right?" he asked, examining the paper money. "but if i owe him seventy monies, why did he say i owed him fifty!?" he demanded, scowling at the money, his head cocked to the side. "i am confused." he admitted with a sigh. "i will just give the man a fifty and a twenty monies and he can keep the change." he decided before smiling sheepishly. "i... just give the Cashier money and if it's not enough i give them more, and then they hand me money back. i never really bothered to learn because they seam to know what they're doing. what do i care if they steal from me?" he asked shaking his head. "besides, the people here are all very honest. it's very nice." he admitted as he struggled over the money. at least he'd understood the counting properly. "i don't understand though. there is a one monies, and a five monies, and a Ten monies... why not the numbers in-between?"

"The Lady Alison hm? I'm gonna have to remember that one" Katherine smirked, glancing over at Alison who was already blushing in embarrassment at the nickname, though she didn't look at all unhappy about it either. She was just glad that everyone was relaxed and having fun, it was what she loved to see more than anything, her family happy.
"That's right...it's easy once you know where to look on the money" Samantha couldn't help but giggle, she couldn't believe she was explaining money to someone so....well...rich. Still, he seemed to be picking it up pretty quickly, just as to be expected from someone so intelligent. "Well it's goo to hear nobody is trying to take advantage of you by keeping more of the money than they should, though most people tend to be pretty honest around here, so you don't really need to worry about that too much" She grinned, then leaned back to watch him as he counted and re-counted. "Hm? Why not? Well....then there'd just be too many types of note really, if there was one for every number. So we just have them for some of the 'important' numbers for money, then we have coins to fill in all the gaps" It was actually rather adorable to be seeing him and explaining this....or rather, it was making Daneas more adorable.... Samantha blushed and quickly tried to push such thoughts out of her head, though it seemed both Katherine and Alison had seen the blush, and immediately glared at Daneas despite his earlier assurances.

When the pizza finally came, the delivery boy was indeed very happy with his tip, almost seemingly reluctant to take quite so much until he was assured that it was fine, Alison smiling and waving him off before turning to bring the pizza back in. "Alrighty then, dinner is here everyone" She chirped happily as she set the pizza boxes down and opened them up so everyone could grab a slice of whatever they wanted, Samantha almost immediately reaching over to grab a slice of her chicken pizza and rather unceremoniously stuff it into her mouth. "Samantha..." Katherine sighed and shook her head. "What have we told you about taking a little more time with your food?" "Ah, sorry mom...." "Do try to be a little more ladylike wont you dear?" Alison looked over and smiled sweetly, having been taking just small nibbles of her pizza, somehow even making eating pizza with her hands seem graceful and ladylike.

he blinked a little. "well... she is a Lady. i would call you Lady Katherine but you don't seam to like it much." he admitted. "so monies is easy." he mused. "and i hadn't really bothered to look at them really." he admitted, examining the pile of paper bills. "i only got these because some places don't take my Bank Card." he admitted. "and i was told that people who deliver don't take bank cards either." he admitted. "i use the monies at the grocery store too... uh, change?" he asked, looking confused. "oh!" he got up and headed over to his room where he picked up a coffee can. "people keep giving me these when i use the monies." he offered her the can full of pennies, quarters, nickles, and dimes. "is this the change? what are they used for?" he asked. "i thought they where just collectables or something..." he admitted, sounding quite embarrassed to realize he had been wrong. "...american money is so complicated." he groaned. "why on earth do you even have 'loose change' is so... so... useless!" he complained, sulking at Samantha. "i think i'll just shove monies at them and let them figure it out..." he grumbled. "and use my Bank Card like every other civilized tourist."

Daneas pretty much ignored the Pizza boy's issue with the overly large tip and when the boy continued to hem and haw, threatened him with another fifty 'monies'. he himself had cheese, cheese, more cheese, peppers, onions, both kinds of olives and... sardines. eaug. basically if it could be put on the pizza, it was. including sausage, chunks of tomato, pineapple, pepperoni. it was 'junk pizza' on steroids topped with overly nasty fish from his own pantry. he was nice enough to offer them whatever they wanted, including hot sauce, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, and additional toppings they might want. "so.. excuse me if this is rude... but, you mentioned earlier that you, found, Samantha?" he asked, looking curious. "she did say she was adopted. how did you find her?" he wondered, hoping he wasn't 'stepping on toes' with such a question.

Samantha grinned as she watched Daneas almost getting flustered over the concept of money and change. It was so strange to see someone who was otherwise so intelligent get so flustered over something so simple. Still, as strange as it was, it was also kind of adorable in a way. "Ah I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough. Plenty of time to learn if you're going to be living in America from now on right? And you've got us to help you get the hang of everything right? And besides, you're right that most places will just take your card now, but there are still times when you pretty much can't get away from cash, as much as you might like to sometimes. Ah well, nothing we can do about it for now"

Despite her mothers warnings, Samantha continued to practically inhale her pizza in perhaps the most ungraceful and unladylike manner possible, devouring nearly half of the pizza in just a few minutes. "Ahhhh, that's better, I was hungrier than I thought" "Sam...." Katherine shook her head and let out an exasperated groan of frustration. "I swear, one of these days I'm going to blink and miss you eating an entire meal" "Ehehehe, sorry mom. Sometimes I just get seriously super hungry lately" "Yes, you do don't you? Might have to take you in for a check up soon to take a look at that" "Ehhh? Come on mom, I hate you giving me check ups" "I'm a Doctor and your mother, of course I'm going to give you checkups"
Samantha grinned as Katherine just sighed and shook her head again, whilst Alison watched and giggled at the familiar sight between the two, at least until Daneas brought up the subject of how they had found Samantha, Katherine looking over at him. "Well, we don't mind you asking, though it's not up to me to decide" She glanced to Samantha, who just smiled and nodded.
"Well, it was about 16 years ago" Katherine leaned back in her seat to get comfortable. "I was pretty much fresh out of medical school, me and Alison had just moved to town when I got assigned to the hospital here. I remember it was raining really badly, there was a storm outside, worst in the towns history" Alison moved over to sit on the arm of the chair beside Katherine, placing a hand onto her shoulder. "I was working the night shift and I had just finished making my rounds when I heard a noise coming from the maternity unit. I knew nobody was working there that night since there hadn't been any births for 2 weeks, so there shouldn't have been any babies there to take care of. When I went to check though there was a baby there. No notes, no name tag, nothing. She was crying so loud, but as soon as I picked her up she stopped and settled. And I felt..." Katherine stopped, quickly turning her head away to hide the tears that had formed in her eyes. Alison smiled and reached around to wipe them away, giving Katherine a moment to compose herself.
"I checked everywhere, with everyone. Nobody had any trace of who this child was or where she came from, but I knew, somehow I knew that she was meant for us. It didn't take long for me and Alison to file for the adoption and bring our little girl home"

he huffed a little and shook his head. "i'm sure i won't." he grumbled, though he already had a bit of the concept once he applied math to it. a dollar was one. a penny was .o1. a nickle .10. it was a matter of decimals really, though why they needed so much unnecessary clunks of 'change' was beyond him. especially pennies. they seamed to be fairly useless in the day to day exchange. "well i think i kind of understand the money at least, even if the 'spare change' is rather pointless." he admitted with a scoff.

Daneas seamed very amused by Samantha's eating habits, it only proved his theory all the more correct. she was exactly who he thought she was. "sometimes, a teenager experiences a late bloom growth spurt. maybe she is having one of those?" he wondered. "i had one just a while ago. it hurt quite a bit and i was constantly hungry. for some reason, i was convinced i was dying." he admitted rather sheepishly. "they told me it was just a late growth spurt." he admitted as he nibbled rather daintily on his nasty pizza. "...is it allowed?" Daneas asked. 'i would think that personal feelings would get in the way." he admitted, blinking curiously at them before he leaned forward, curiosity etched on his entire face. he knew how Samantha had appeared, but he had no idea how they had found her. he wasn't entirely sure what method had been used to get Samantha to safety. "Storms are often warnings of great change." he mused, smiling. "sometimes bad, but usually good." there was a massive storm before Daneas had appeared actually. "that's amazing." he breathed, knowing instantly which method was used. it was a specific spell, used to envelope the baby in a protective barrier, they would then travel through time and space to the people who needed her, and who would love her the most, human or... not. it was a special spell created to keep an infant both safe, and loved.

"that really is a remarkable story." he admitted, sounding amazed. "perhaps an Angel left her there for you?" he mused, smiling. not an Angel, but not far off either. "it's wonderful that you where found by such loving Mater." he admitted, smiling at Samantha. "they love you very much." he admitted sounding almost wistful. it wasn't hard to imagine why, his own parents where dead. of course, they'd been dead for over three thousand years, but that wasn't the point. "so... would you like to play a game perhaps? it's still fairly early. i have many games." he admitted, looking quite eager to have someone to play with. monopoly, Clue, Uno, Phase Ten, Chinese Checkers and Royal Rummy with chips included.

"Of course I'm allowed to give my little girl a checkup, I've been her Doctor since they day she came to us, I wouldn't trust anyone else to examine my little girl. Besides, I'm the best Doctor in this town, so who else better?" Katherine grinned proudly, though her voice had such a sure tone that it didn't seem like mere bragging. All truth be told, she really was the best doctor in the town despite still being relatively young to be in such a position.

As she finished telling her story, Katherine smiled, Alison still wiping away several tears from her eyes. "An angel huh? Maybe so...it certainly felt like a blessing to have Samantha brought into our lives like that. Coming out of nowhere, right when we were thinking of a way to have a child of our own..." She took Alison's hands into her own, giving them a gentle squeeze. They truly did love Samantha very much, as much as any parent could love a child. Blood mattered nothing to them, all that mattered was Samantha, she was their daughter and nothing would change that.
"Y'know speaking of storms" Samantha had perked up again between slices of pizza. "There was a seriously bad one not long ago, just before you arrived actually Daneas. It was definitely the worst I'd never seen one that bad before, the house was almost shaking, I barely got any sleep at all that night" "Ah, I remember" Alison shook her head. "The lightning was so bright that you didn't need to turn the lights in the house on"

"Games?" Samantha blinked, then grinned brightly, quickly nodding. "Sure! I absolutely love games, and I've never been beaten yet at home" She looked to her parents and smirked, Alison just smiling whilst Katherine glared rather competitively. "Well then missy, today you're not at home are you? So I think it's about time you got a taste of defeat" "Oh yeah? Well bring it on mom" The two girls stared at each other, smirking before looking to Daneas. "Monopoly to begin with then hm?"

he chuckled a little and nodded. "i suppose so." he agreed with a smile. "remind me to arrange for someone else to be my primary doctor though. i'd hate to have to see you if Samantha is upset with me for some reason or another." he admitted with a chuckle. all freinds had fights after all. "you must have studied very hard to be so amazing." he admitted before smiling at the story. "sometimes people are just meant to be blessed. i can't imagine two people more suited to being parents than you." he admitted. "and you've raised a wonderfully brilliant daughter... even if she doesn't understand thermal physics or probabilities." he teased with a grin. "was there?" he asked, looking as if he knew something they didn't. "well how about that." he mused as he nibbled on his final slice of pizza. he'd eaten his entire large pizza! that was a lot of food in such a skinny body. but then, he always ate a ton.

"alright!" he stated with a grin. "just be careful. Dragomir likes to take off with the Yorkie piece." Daneas warned with a chuckle. "i think he finds it insulting or something.... actually you'd be better off not touching it at all. it's gone through his digestive tract a few times." Daneas admitted. "i disinfected it after of course, but i think girls are sensitive about stuff like that." he admitted with a shrug. "whose going to be banker?" he asked with a smile as he let everyone pick their pieces. Dragomir watching from a shelf above their heads, as if waiting for the most opportune moment to cause chaos. "...are they always this competitive?" Daneas asked Katherine after a following hour of playing where Daneas was loosing. badly. he was down to his last 10. "i think i've lost..." Daneas admitted, sounding amused. "i really am bad at this." he blinked as Dragomir suddenly moved, made his way onto the table and flopped into the middle of the board, scattering pieces everywhere. "Dragomir!"

"Well you can see another doctor if you want....so long as you don't mind not seeing the best" Katherine folded her arms, her smirk one of earned confidence rather than arrogance. She didn't think she was the best doctor in town, she knew that she was, and so did everyone else. Still, hearing about how well she and Alison had raised their daughter turned that smirk into the grin of a very proud parent. "Well we did do our best to raise our daughter with all the love and affection we could muster" Samantha just squirmed in embarrassment, then shot a glare at Daneas, both for bringing up the subject causing her embarrassment and for bringing up science and math, two of her worst subjects in school. "Oh shut up. You're just weird for knowing so much about those already. You and your getting educated ahead of everyone. Hmph"

As soon as the pieces were taken out, Samantha immediately snatched the ship just as she always did. "Mine~" She chimed happily at being able to take her favourite piece, though Katherine looked mildly annoyed as she had been reaching for that too. Luckily, neither Katherine or Alison took the dog piece, just as well given what Daneas went on to explain about it, all three girls looking at the piece and backing away from it just slightly.
By the time the hour was done, Samantha and Katherine had more or less made the game a competition between themselves, almost as if they had forgotten about Alison and Daneas, though Alison looked happily resigned to the fact as if she were used to it. Neither girl noticed when Daneas announced his loss and seeming withdrawal, money going between the two furiously. Just as Samantha was taking her next move though, about to land in a space that would bankrupt her and render Katherine the winner, Dragomir leapt down and flopped onto the board, knocking the pieces everywhere. "Uh-oh, looks like the game is a draw" "Huh? Ah! Oh no young lady! I saw where you were going to land, I would've won that" "Well I guess we'll never know will we mom?" Samantha grinned as she made the declaration in a happy sing song voice, reaching out to pet Dragomir as if in congratulations for his 'excellent' timing. "You're a good boy aren't you?"

Daneas chuckled a little. "i doubt i'll ever need to see a doctor. i am Romani after all. we have iron in our blood." he admitted, thumping his chest. "never sick." he admitted with a chuckle. he just smiled oh so innocently at Samantha, as if he was completely unaware of her embarrassment. "i did offer you some tutoring." he admitted with a chuckle. "enough to pass your classes anyway." he promised her with a smile. "and just because i'm taking collage courses doesn't mean anything." he complained with a superior sniff. "and just because american schools are lackluster it does not mean i had superior schooling to you."

he had to chuckle as she stole the ship. he himself always played with the Iron. he was just a little afraid of the two women by the time he had realized he had lost. "...are they, er... always like this?" he asked, looking nervous. "i'm going to assume i shouldn't bring out the more competitive games..." he muttered, looking a little amused. "...well i'm staying out of this argument." he admitted with a shake of his head. "so, Lady Allison, shall we go play Scrabble while they fight about who won?" he offered with a smile. "...can you get overly competitive with Scrabble?" he asked, hoping the answer was a no. Dragomir just purred very happily as Daneas started packing the game away. "...has anyone seen the....." he paused as he watched the metal dog vanish down Dragomir's gullet and he sighed. "...sometimes Dragomir. i really hate you." he admitted, sulking at his cat. "now i have to dig through your poop again." though, why he didn't just toss the dog away was a mystery. then again, he was a boy, a smart boy sure, but still a boy. "anyone want some Icecream? another soda?" he offered, headed for the fridge as Dragomir, all self satisfied, stalked off.

Alison giggled as Dragomir ate the piece just as Daneas had warned would happen. Despite knowing it was probably going to happen, she just found it rather amusing. Katherine seemed more amused at Alison's reaction than what Dragomir had done, whilst Samantha just shook her head. "I really thought he was joking about that....geez...I can't believe he actually ate it..." She sighed, then reached out to gently rub Dragomir's back. His fur was surprisingly soft really, certainly not something that could be guessed just by looking at him. "You just be careful eating things like that alright lit....not so little guy?" She grinned slightly, he was almost big enough to ride even for her. She really had no idea that there could be cats this big. It was something of a miracle that Daneas had even got him into the country. Maybe it was a money thing, or maybe the influence left from his parents that allowed him to get past anything like quarantine or animal transport rules.

"Ice cream?" Samantha's attention was suddenly directed entirely away from Dragomir, her head snapping up in the direction that word had come from. Before Katherine or Alison could realise, Samantha had jumped to her feet and practically ran to the kitchen. "I'll take some ice cream!" She grinned brightly, Katherine groaning and putting her face in her hands, whilst Alison just giggled madly. Samantha had a hidden sweet tooth. Normally at school she kept it so hidden people didn't even know, but when at home, or visiting a friends house it seemed, the sweet tooth would kick in and override everything else. The two women stood up and walked over to the kitchen, watching as Samantha was leaning in close to Daneas, leaning over him to try and see into the freezer. "Come on come on...you're taking too long Daneas...I want that Ice cream...."

Daneas sighed a little at the cat. "rotten thing." he grumbled, shaking his head. "Dragomir is just a weird animal i think." he admitted as the cat purred happily and licked his paws all self satisfied. the cat chirped at her and started licking her chin as if to give her a bath as well before he took off after a dust particle into Daneas's room where he curled up in a large hammock and took a nap. "yes, Ice-cream." he agreed with a bright grin. apparently Daneas had a sweet tooth too, because the only thing in his freezer was about eight pints of different flavored ice-creams, three bags of various kinds of candy bars, a tin of fudge, and what looked like a few dozen frozen dinners. "help yourself." he offered with a grin, letting Samantha take her pick. "Lady Allison, Katherine? would you like some?" he offered, letting them have their pick too.

he did offer them bowls and spoons, unlike Samantha, who just got a spoon an an order to 'go ahead'. it didn't take a genius to figure out though, that Daneas probobly didn't know how to cook, and was living off of frozen meals, ice-cream, and canned food. he was also blushing a little bit from having Samantha pressed up against him the way she had been. the fact that he couldn't cook was only accented by the fact that the kitchen seamed quite unused. "so, now that i've learned that Monopoly can be a very dangerous contact sport. what shall we do now?" he asked with a smile once they all had the Ice-cream they wanted. eating right out of the carton just like Samantha probably was. "i'm hesitant to offer Mario Cart." he admitted, sounding amused, wondering if Samantha and Katherine where always so competitive. he'd heard about sibling rivalry, but mother daughter rivalry was a new experience.

As expected Samantha passed up the offer of a bowl for her Ice cream, instead just hugging onto the tub with a bright smile. Despite her happiness though there was a definite foreboding sense that anyone who tried to take it from her would most certainly regret it and, should they have any hands left, would be all too quick to apologise. As she was handed a spoon she almost let out a gentle squeal like a child, immediately digging into the Ice Cream with a few spoonfulls, licking her lips. "Ahhhh, that's good Ice Cream! We gotta get this brand more often" "Alright dear, we'll get some the next time we go shopping alright?" Alison smiled, reaching over to rub Samantha's shoulder, whilst Katherine rolled her eyes. "Always babying her" Despite her little complaint it was clear that Katherine didn't really mind. Hell, she was just as bad half the time....never could say no to her daughter.

"Ah, you have video games too? Well..." Samantha was clearly eyeing the TV, though Alison had a momentary look of fear on her face as she looked between Sam and Katherine. Daneas was almost certainly right about the possibility of the competition spilling over between those two. For a brief moment it almost seemed like Alison was having a momentary flashback of a 'terrible' incident. "Well...um...perhaps we can save that for later hm?" Alison smiled, gently wrapping her arms around Katherine's waist from behind. "Now Daneas, why don't you tell us a little more about how you're finding this place hm? What do you hope to do in the future? You've asked a lot of questions about us, so I hope you don't mind us asking some questions about you too"

Daneas chuckled and settled down with his own tub of Neapolitan ice-cream. a sweet tooth was not unexpected to be honest. in fact, he was sort of surprised she could restrain herself so well during school. he himself found it nearly impossible to go without some sort of sweet, and often had a stash of mini candy bars, Hershey kisses and various skittles stashed upon his person. so far, none of the teachers had commented when he slipped a piece of candy into his mouth, and none of the students seamed to have noticed. "i do have video games, though i'm terrible at them. i've never played video games before, or had a TV before, so i don't really find it as... awesome, as some do." he admitted. "i'll admit, i do like knowing what the weather is going to be like." he admitted with a grin. "it makes planning the day a bit easier." he admitted.

"oh well. there's not much to tell really." he admitted. "i find this town to be very nice." he admitted, mostly repeating what he had said before. "and it's wide open places make my running much easier." he admitted with a smile. that was true. according to 'rumors', adults where almost worse about gossiping than the kids where, Daneas took a three hour run in the mornings, and in the evenings unless it was raining. then he used the treadmill that was leaning against the far wall. "as for my future..." here he paused, hesitating, a look of indecision on his face. "well... i'm not sure." he admitted. "Collage i'm sure, is in my future." he admitted. "but there are so many more options than i was expecting." he admitted. "in Romania, i would have been Romani. i would have worked in the camps, or performed, no matter how smart i was. no one would have hired a half Gypsy brat. no matter who his father was. to suddenly realize that i could be anything...." he shook his head. "it's a bit overwhelming."

Her upbringing was probably the only reason Samantha did have any restraint when it came to sugar, her parents always being a little more strict on that than other things when they had found the sweet tooth she had. Of course given the opportunity she would probably live on sweet foods, probably to both the delight and horror of the local candy stores. She hadn't really noticed Daneas occasionally munching on candy anymore than anyone else had, perhaps it was simply just one of those things that people didn't notice, or just attributed to being a 'foreigner' thing and dismissed it without any further thought. "A teenager who doesn't like TV or video games?" Katherine looked over at Daneas and shook her head. "Maybe I should make you an appointment for a check up at the hospital after all, there's something clearly very wrong here. I've never heard of a teenager like that, I could probably write an entire medical journal on you" She grinned slightly, Alison giggling and giving her a gentle nudge. "Oh stop picking on him. I'm sorry Daneas, my wife has a very unusual sense of humour" "Psshhh" Katherine waved her hand dismissively whilst Alison smiled and shook her head.

"I guess it would be easy to go for runs or jogs in town, though I never really see anyone doing it really. Even the track team usually just stick to the track at school" Samantha leaned back as she thought on the subject for a moment, though didn't stop spooning the occasional scoop of Ice cream into her mouth whilst doing so, almost as if she wasn't even thinking about it by this point.
"Well I suppose you would be a little spoilt for choice hm?" Alison looked back to Daneas as he spoke about the options he had. "You could probably do anything you wanted from the sounds of things, a lot different to what it sounds like you were expecting. Do you have any idea what you might like to study at college? There's not much more than a year left before you two will be getting ready to graduate after all. Oh I can hardly wait, to see my darling Samantha in her Prom dress, and then see her at graduation....oh she'll be the most beautiful girl in the world....a shining beacon of the town" Alison's eyes sparkled as her imagination began to take off, whilst Samantha hung her head in embarrassment. Katherine meanwhile seemed to be following along with Alison's fantasy, though knowing her it was more likely she was imagining using her medical knowledge to cause immense amounts of pain to all the boys who might be letching over her daughter in a revealing prom dress....

Samantha glanced up at Daneas, having now finished the entire tub of Ice Cream. "Sorry, they get like this sometimes. I swear they day dream more than any kid you could ever meet. They'll probably snap out of it in a few minutes....though last time this happened and we were out shopping they didn't snap out of it until some guy grabbed my ass to cop a feel....."

he smiled a little as he watched them. "well i've never had one before." he admitted with a smile. "TV was extremely rare for the Roma. only a couple of people in my clan had a TV and it wasn't for children." he admitted with a shrug. "the adults would gather up each night to watch the news while we played." he admitted. "and i try Video games but i am very bad at them, and i don't really understand what their purpose is..." he admitted. in a population of people too poor to afford anything, everything had to have a purpose. had to have a use, or more. most of their toys where handmade, and most of their tools where too. more than that, the people Sam was soon to be Queen of, didn't have 'technology' like TV or microwaves. they had better things. like plays that actually had a plot, comedy acts that actually made you laugh, and drama's that truly made you cry. food was always hand made and healthy and delicious. the American lifestyle was quite baffling at times.

"oh, i'm not too worried." he promised Allison when she apologized for Katherine. "i'm sure i'm not like most american teenagers. but then again, i'm not exactly american." he admitted with a smile. "and i don't want to run on the track at school. the other students won't leave me alone when i try to run there. running the streets is more beneficial to my state of mind." he admitted with a small smile. "i am a bit overwhelmed by the options." he agreed. "i know i'll be going into various Business classes so that i can take care of my fathers businesses. and probobly a few politics classes, money management and whatnot. but i don't know if taking care of my fathers businesses is what i want to do with my entire life." he admitted. "i have a year at the very least to think about it. maybe even two or three if i just do the bushiness classes first." he admitted before he blinked at Katherine, his head cocked curiously. "oh, i'm not too concerned. i like them." he admitted to Samantha with a smile. "they are very nice, and welcoming." he admitted. "i just have one question... what is Prom and why is she so excited about it?" he asked. "and would you like me to cut his hands off? the ladies downstairs have a saw, i could borrow it for you if you'd like."

"I still can't believe you're getting hounded nearly non stop at school" Samantha shook her head as he explained why he wouldn't use the track for his runs. "You'd think by now they might have settled down. Then again I suppose you are the first new student we've had in as long as anyone can remember....and you're foreign to boot. I guess they just find you exotic huh?" Sam grinned and laughed softly, then glanced down at her empty Ice Cream tub almost sadly, though she knew if she were to ask for more she'd get a scolding from both her mothers to not be so greedy when it came to dessert.
"So, a lot of business classes huh? Well I guess with all you might have to do with your dads company it makes sense. Who knows, maybe you'll like it and want to do that full time? I can think of worse jobs than running a giant successful company. Good pay, make your own hours and never have to worry about the boss since you are the boss"

Samantha nodded as she seemed to be imagining it was her in that position rather than Daneas, though she snapped out of it when he asked about the Prom. "Ah, well Prom is...kind of like a big party after you graduate. The guys dress up in fancy suits and the girls dress up in fancy and or revealing dresses. There's a lot of dancing, a lot of making out, alcohol always ending up in every drink no matter what the school tries to stop it, a lot of sneaking away to have sex in classrooms, bathrooms, hallways, outside....anywhere a drunk teenager might think is a good place, which is probably pretty much anywhere now I think about it.....but yeah, it's a big tradition really" She blinked as he asked about cutting off the guys hands. She honestly couldn't quite tell from Daneas' tone whether he was being serious or not, so all she could do was laugh rather nervously. "Ehehe, no that's ok, really. I think he more than learned his lesson once mom got through with him"

he huffed a little. "thank goodness i'm graduating at the end of the year. i don't think i could handle more than that of those people." he admitted with a shake of his head. "you know, that big one, i forgot his name, it starts with a B. the wrestling guy? he tried to tell me it was 'my civic duty to the school' to join a sport." he admitted with a snort. "ridiculous." he admitted with a shake of his head. "must be. personally, i just wish they'd all stop touching me. it's like they think Physical contact will make me like them more. it doesn't." he admitted with a shake of his head as he absently slid his half a tub of ice-cream over to her, as if he hadn't even thought about it.

"yes. a lot of business. but i like to do thinking and math and stuff, so i think it won't be too taxing." he admitted. "and your right, i might like it. but considering i'll have to deal with old men who won't want a young boy telling them what to do, i think it will be more annoying than pleasurable for some time." he admitted with a huff. "there will probobly be a lot of firing when i'm finally in charge properly." he admitted with a smirk. he already was in charge properly, but he hadn't done anything with them since he had gone to search for Samantha, so a lot of them had 'slipped' a little. he would have to pull them back into line.

"....Prom is an orgy?" he asked, looking rather mortified. "i thought it was illegal for people to drink under the age of Twenty One in this country!" he stated, looking stunned. "i'm beginning to understand why some of the children here are the way they are." he admitted, biting his lip. "maybe i will skip this... Prom." he muttered. "Sex should be a sacred thing..." he grumbled. "not sullied by being hasty in a bathroom stall... if i go, the women would never leave me alone anyway." he grumbled, shaking his head. "well. so long as he was punished appropriately." he admitted. "where i come from, a man would be killed for disrespecting a Romani Woman in such a fashion." he admitted as he glanced at the two women. "how long are they going to be like that?"

Samantha's face lit up with happiness when Daneas discreetly slipped his ice cream to her, quickly swapping it for her own in order to start happily eating it again. "Well you're cool, so by being seen with you, and especially to be seen touching you then it makes them cool too, like really cool. I know I know, makes no sense, but that's just how it works whether you understand it or not" She shrugged, though never stopped smiling as she kept on eating the Ice Cream, making sure to lick her lips if any didn't quite make it into her mouth.

"An orgy? Um, no I wouldn't quite say it's that bad" Samantha's face flushed at the thought of it, now suddenly unable to imagine anything but everyone in the school in a giant naked pile in the gymnasium. Her thoughts lingered on that for a few moments before she quickly stuffed more Ice Cream into her mouth, trying to will the still intensifying blush away, though it wasn't doing much good. "Sacred huh? Well that's not a very widespread opinion in this country anymore. Maybe it's a good thing you don't watch much TV....all the sex might overload that sweet innocent brain" Samantha grinned, reaching over to pat Daneas on the head gently. "As for the alcohol, well yeah it's technically illegal under 21, but that doesn't really stop people, especially at Prom. Honestly, I think the teachers know about it but also know they can't really stop it, so they just focus on making sure it doesn't get out of hand instead"
She smiled, then looked over at her parents. "Hm....probably another few minutes based on how they've been when Prom got mentioned before. I guess we could try and snap them out of it, but I can never bring myself to snap them out of imagining something that makes them so happy"

he smiled a little when she lit up. she really was very adorable. "i still don't understand why it is that i'm 'cool'...." he admitted, shaking his head. "besides, i have to be concerned. most teenage boys don't bathe very often, so every time they touch me, i feel like scrubbing with hand sanitizer." he admitted with a shake of his head. "and the girls are covered in so much perfume i feel like i'm being choked to death." he admitted. "honestly, i'm beginning to think you and your mothers are the sanest people in America." he admitted, glancing at the two women. "well... you are at any rate." he teased with a chuckle.

"you've gone all red again. are you sure you're feeling alright? i might have some medicine here if your not feeling well." he new she was blushing, but he didn't want to tease her for blushing so he'd tease her in another way. "it's a cultural thing." he admitted with a shrug. "a woman's body is hers alone. only her husband is allowed to touch her." he admitted. "oh, i'm not that innocent." Daneas admitted with a chuckle. "i just find American morals loose and unappetizing." he admitted. "i suppose having a class full of rich drama queens who are used to getting their own way doesn't help." he admitted with a shake of his head. "i suppose it is better to have them all drunk under adult supervision." he agreed, shaking his head. "and your right, they do look very happy. we could always entertain ourselves until they snap out of it," he agreed with a chuckle. "shall we pick out another game?"

"Explaining how and why someone is cool is more or less impossible, it's just something that kinda gets decided whether you want to be or not. So I guess you're pretty much stuck being the coolest kid in school hm?" Samantha smiled, giggling as he complained about the other girls wearing too much perfume. He definitely had a point there, though in fairness it wasn't completely the girls faults. They saw so many perfume ads on TV that they tended to take things just a little bit too far. "Sanest people in America hm?" She looked to her mothers and grinned. "Well I don't know about that, even I can have my eccentricities sometimes, something I inherited from my moms I suppose"

She blinked when he commented on her turning red, which only made her blush a little more. "Oh, I-I'm fine really, don't worry about me" She grinned quickly and waved her hand dismissively, not seeming to pick up that he was just teasing her. "Only her husband is allowed to touch her huh? Well when you're married that's true here I suppose, or at least it's supposed to be true anyway. Well, husband or wife" She looked to her parents and smiled, then blushed again. "Ok, gonna stop putting those two subjects together now and pretty quickly. Another game sounds good, both to get my mind away from there and to pass the time. And then when they snap out of it I can thrash mom again" Samantha got a slightly evil grin on her face, her previous competitive streak already showing up once again.

As predicted a few minutes later her parents seemed to snap out of their daydreaming, and as predicted Katherine was more than happy to get back to her competition with Samantha. Alison sighed and shook her head as she did her best to play along, but just as before it didn't take long for Samantha and Katherine to seemingly forget about the others. "Oh my, there they go again" Alison looked over to Daneas. "Sorry again about those two. Our family all has our little quirks it seems" She laughed softly, then glanced at her watch. "Oh my, look at the time, it's starting to get late isn't it? We should really be going soon shouldn't we?"

Back
Top Bottom