Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fantasy Come to Life (Sinner/butterfly0408)

butterfly0408

Singularity
'"To the dawning of a new era," Elizabeth said, raising her glass towards him with a smile, her new fangs seeming to sparkle as they caught the light of the moon.

Alexander only smiled as he clinked his glass with her before pulling her close. Lowering his head, he kissed the mark upon her neck that was proof that she belonged to him and him alone, "I do ever so hope you mean the rising of the moon my dear."

"Yes," she leaned in and kissed him on the nose, "to
our moon."'

Emma sighed as she finally settle back in her chair. Finished. Her fifth romance novel. It was really a great feat for her. She was only 24 years old after all and was already a best selling romance novel. Though... no one knew it. Her publisher said that if her fans knew how old she REALLY was, they would never read her books. They had even hired some lady in her forties to make her appearances for her.

Still, even if she didn't get the credit she thought she deserved, at least she was doing what she loved. Especially in this book. She glanced towards the cover art drafts she had been sent and just stared at the image. There was something about the characters in this book that she just connected with more then the ones before it. Elizabeth and Alexander felt more like friends then fictional characters to her. Even in righting their love scenes, they just flowed naturally from her fingers to the keyboard. Like each one was second nature to her.

Making notes about changes she wanted to the cover she found she had a lot to say about that as well. No characters had been so vivid for her in the past like these two. She knew exactly how each looked and would not let his book be published until it was just right...

-----

That just right was two months later. Upon release, the book was already dubbed a must read and sold more copies then all her previous books before it. A few weeks later, her stand in was sent on a book signing tour for two weeks before returning to her home city for the last signing. Emma could not help but go to it, standing off to the side and just watching as the fans fawned over the book to her stand it. It made her proud to hear the things they said about her book, even if they were not saying it right to her.

Alexander had been keeping to himself after being injured by a group of hunters who had ambushed him when one of his fledglings had found him and given him a book. The first thing he noticed about it was the character on the cover, though he hadn't seen himself in over two hundred years he recognized the amazing similarities between himself and the character. He felt a strange feeling and couldn't help himself from looking closer at the cover trying to see it from a different angle. He wished he could because for some reason he felt that if he was able to he would see the wolf tattoo on his back shoulder depicted on the character. He read the book carefully the entire thing seeming familiar to him, when he finished his stood and rushed out of his room looking for one he had turned. He finally found the one who had given him the book, he told her he had to leave for awhile because somehow someone was writing his past exactly as he had experienced it.

Alex stood in the bookstore wearing a black jacket and pair of tight blue jeans staring at the old women who was being shown as the author. He had spent hours on a plane to get here after learning that the author would be here. He wanted desperately who this women was and how she knew so much about him. He stood in the line his hands in his pockets his pale skin slightly reflecting the light.​

As Emma sat at one of the tables, pretending to be reading a book and sipping some coffee, she watched the line as each person came forward to get their book signed. Really, each woman. Men were never at these things. Like they would be caught dead reading a romance novel let alone in line to get one signed. And yet, low and behold, there was a guy in the line. At first, she only could see the back of his head from where she sat, but she all of a sudden she was having the strangest feeling. Like some kind of deja vu or something. She watched the man intently as he made his way through the line, still unable to see his face, until he made it all the way to the table where her stand in sat.

The older woman looked nothing like Emma. Emma was short and fair looking with her blonde hair, blue eyes, and curvy form in her younger more casual clothing. This woman was tall, shapeless, and down right matronly in her business suit, her black hair just starting to fade into gray. She smiled at Alexander approached her table, "It's always good to see a male fan of my books. You're brave to come out here in public like this. Who should I make the autograph out to?"

Alexander stood with his long hair hanging down in front of his face as he waited in the line. When he finally made it to the front he saw the women who was signing the books and was surprised by her. For some reason he had expected someone younger "My name is Alexander Rahl" he said as he smiled lightly' what can I say your book just really touched me it made me feel as though I was their with the character". When she signed it he turned to leave and saw Emma at the table his dark almost black eyes locking with hers. He felt some sort of connection with the unknown women and felt pulled in her direction. He didn't know why but he was compelled to walk towards her, quickly reading the name of the book he stood smiling down at her. "so good book?" he asked as he looked down at her wondering why he had felt any connection at all to this mortal women.​

Emma could not help but wonder what the two of them were saying as her stand-in signed the book. Oh what she would give for super hearing like one of the characters in her books at that moment. And then, he turned, and everything seemed to stop for just a second. One look at his face as their eyes connected and she felt like she knew him. But from where? She couldn't put her finger on it as she watching him approach her, seemingly memorized by him. Heck, she didn't even seem to notice he was talking to her until he was already standing there for a few moments. "Hmm? OH!" she snapped at last out of her trance and looked at the book in her hands. It was one she had already read, before so, "Yes, it's pretty good. I'm actually re-reading it. The author is great. I see your here for Maggie Turner's book signing. You're pretty brave, aren't you? A guy getting a romance novel signed and all." She pointed to the book in his hands and looked to the cover. She froze again, looking at it, then looking at him.... "You look just like the guy on the cover." She knew she was the one that had decided what she wanted the cover art to look like but how could she had designed it to look JUST like this guy she didn't even know?

He held a small sort of lopsided smile on his face exactly like the one described for the character in the book as she snapped out of her trance. Listening to her hearing that she was re-reading the book he smiled, so often nowadays people didn't take time to read anything once let alone more. "yeah I guess I've always been the odd sort and actually it was the cover that drew me to it' he said making up a story' I was walking past it and when I saw it I was shocked by the similarities between myself and this man". He looked down at the book in his hands that practically held a photo of him on it "I really enjoyed it and to me a good book is a good book meaning the author herself must be good enough to get recognition for it" he spoke in a soft sultry voice just as the character was described to. He turned and looked at the old women "I must say though I was surprised when I saw the author and spoke with her' he said turning back to her' for some strange reason I was expecting someone younger to write a story such as this. Something that could draw someone like me in so deeply that I felt as if I was living the experience".

"The resemblance it's..... it's uncanny..." she said softly, more to herself then to him. The way though he spoke to her then, it was like he knew her secret. How could her possibly though. No one knew. Not even her closest friends did. She hoped that her blush didn't give her away as she took another sip of her coffee, "Don't you think it should be the other way around? Shouldn't you expect someone older with much more experience in writing a story. The longer one has been writing, the better they are at it." She of course thought that was a total crock of shit. Heck, she was living proof of it but she didn't think this the time or place to go revealing herself as the best selling author right there only a few feet away from where her stand in signed HER pen name to HER book.

"You felt the same way about it too though, huh?" She went on, motioning to the chair, offering it to him. It was nice to actually get the chance to talk about her books with someone, even if they only thought her a fan. "I thought I was the only one that really felt like I was right there with Alexander and Elizabeth."

"theres a certain style of writing that can only be produced by one younger living in a rough scenario like their characters. That women back there seems awfully old to be able to write as though she were so young and in the heat of the moment" he spoke softly and kindly though his words may not have been the nicest. He looked out and saw something on the street smiling he looked back at her "I'd love to talk more with you about the book and being 'there' with the lovers" he added a very slight emphasis to the there' would you be willing to have coffee or something with me tomorrow night at the cafe down the street?" He stood watching in his peripheral vision seeing his sire standing across the street with her arms crossed. He figured she was here for the same reason he was, after all it had been she that had turned him and Elizabeth all those years ago. She knew more about them then anyone else, or at least that was true until this author wrote his life in a book.​

"Coffee?" she repeated, her cheeks carrying the slightest hint of a blush. She never got to go out for drink and talking with anyone, not even her friends. She was so busy with her writings. Sure he was a total stranger but never the less the fact that he looked like her book cover intrigued her. She knew it was impossible that it was a coincidence. She wanted to know more. "Sure, coffee would be great. What time?"

He smiled "just meet me at dark' he said winking at her as he started to walk away stopping and turning back to her 'my names Alexander by the way, it was a pleasure to meet you". He walked out of the store without waiting to hear her name. He knew by the way his sire was standing that she didn't want to be kept waiting any longer. He walked across the street stopping in front of her "can I help you?" he said crossing his arms and watching her. She sighed glaring at him "what the hell, why would you tell your story to some bimbo so she could write a book about my two best fledglings?" she asked obviously confused and upset. "I didn't tell anyone anything, this just came to my attention not to long about" he said sighing glancing back at the bookstore he grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the area down the road.

She was smiling his way, until he mentioned his name. Her face changed to a confused glance then as she watched him walk away. Was that a joke? He looked like the cover art AND shared the same name? It simply had to be a joke. Yes... yes... had to be. After she was finished being in denial, she got up and collected her things. There was no reason for her to sit around watching her stand in an longer. Her mind wasn't set on it any longer anyway. Going and placing the book in her hand back on the shelf, she started for the door, only having another book catch her eye. She lingered there in the store another hour just looking through one book that caught her attention after another until she left, having bought 5 more books for her collection before heading back to her apartment at last.

((Skip or did you want to add anything more between now and their next meeting?))

Alex stood on the street arguing with his sire for another thirty minutes before dragging her into the cafe. As it got later and later in the day he finally left returning to his home still curious as to how this strange women knew so much about him and why he had felt a connection with a lone women reading then with the supposed author. He sighed and nodded off sleeping deeply through the day his mind wandering to the women he had met. He awoke the next night yawning, sifting through his clothes he pulled on a dark shirt with MUSHROOMHEAD across the front in large letters with a picture of the band underneath.

Stepping into a pair of dark blue jeans and donning his leather jacket he stepped out into the night. He walked through the town towards the cafe entering it he got himself a small cup of coffee, more for the pleasant aroma then anything else, and walked sitting at a table in the back wondering if the women would show. He sat sipping the coffee savoring the scent that assaulted his nostrils watching every individual that entered the shop that night, glad that such a place was open all night.​

Emma was running a little late. So like her. Daydreaming about this or that or reading one of her books. Heck, last night she stayed up until nearly dawn reading it, sleeping half her day away afterwards. Coffee sounded like a great idea to her, even if it was already after dark. The better to keep her up so she could finish her book. Coming into the shop, she glanced around, not seeing him at first as she went up to the counter and ordered her drink. It was only after paying for it and waiting for it to be mixed up that she at last spotted him way in the back. She gave him a smile as she waved, holding up a finger to show him she'd be along in a moment. Once she had her coffee, picked up a handful of sweet and low packets, and poured a good half a cup of creamer into her drink, she finally joined him. "Sorry I'm late. I hope I didn't keep you waiting to long."

He smiled seeing her surprised at his own reaction to seeing her. Watching the way she moved as she got her coffee he couldn't take his eyes off of her. When she walked over to him and spoke he smiled "no not very long" he said, he had only been there for awhile waiting for her. The scent from her coffee drifted to him and he noticed the strong scent of cream "so long day?" he spoke softly curious as to her reasons for actually getting coffee this late in the day. Most of the people in here were grabbing coffee to keep them awake during night jobs and he wondered if she worked nights as well and was here until she had to leave.​

She shrugged a bit, "No, not really, why do you ask?" she started to open a number of the packets of sweetener, adding quite a few of them to her coffee. It was as she was stirring it she got the idea. "Oh, the coffee at this hour huh?" She laughed lightly, "I'm a bit of a night owl. Coffee in the evening is a bad habit of mine, but one I don't really care to break anytime soon. I like it at this hour and this sweet." Taking a sip of it, she smiled, clearly enjoying the taste of it as she set the cup back down again. "How about you? You're drinking coffee same as me. You have a long day?"

"i guess you could say my reason is the same as yours' he said chuckling' I am always awake at night and I just love the taste and aroma of the coffee. Its never really to wake me up, its kind of like my tea. Therapeutic in a sense I guess, its just the way I relax". He smiled at her still wondering why he felt a connection to this women "I realize I never caught your name" he said laughing lightly at the thought.​

"Yes!" she exclaimed, her face bright with a smile. "I know EXACTLY what you mean! I mean tea tends to keep me awake more then it relaxes me." She was feeling the same way he was. Already, they have only spoke about coffee so far but there was just... something there that felt deeper then just some coffee. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Emma and you were... Alexander right? I'm sorry but, is that your REAL name or was that just a jest yesterday. I mean, you look like the cover and you have the same name as the character? That's got to be impossible."

He laughed gently at her outburst, he found it interesting that she agreed with him. "its a pleasure to meet you Emma, and yes my real name is Alexander. I know what you mean though I find it interesting that the names matched as well. It was almost creepy, like reading something about me." he smiled at her still wondering about her. "so I take it you like that book since you were there during the signing and watching the author" he said sipping at his coffee.​

((Sorry it's been a few days. I hit some writers block.))

She was sipping her coffee when he questioned her about her interest in the book. The irony of what he was asking her. She couldn't help but smirk a little as she set the coffee down, "You could say that. It's funny really. You've already sort of put it into words for me. It was like.... reading something about me as well. I can't say why. Just... some kind of connect to the characters in it. Especially Elizabeth. I felt like I knew her even better then I know myself at times." She laughed slightly, "I must sound crazy to you."

His face fell as she spoke of Elizabeth the memories tormenting him. "no you don't sound crazy to me' he said sighing' I can remember the look on her face and the smell of her hair the night we first made love. Watching the moon slowly slide across the sky as the wolves howled through the night holding each other tight". He blinked and looked at her realizing what he had just said "or well I feel as though I was there" he smiled awkwardly the thoughts still moving through his mind haunting him.​

As he spoke of being able to recall the night, see Elizabeth's face, smell Elizabeth's hair, she in turn saw the other half of the picture. She could, for just a moment, see Alexander's face. Smell his hair. And when the memory faded away, she still say him there before her. She saw her fantasy Alexander in the face of the Alexander right in front of her. "It's... uncanny...." she mumbled a little bit. And then she was blinking, looking at him, realizing what SHE was saying as well. She didn't smile awkwardly, but started laughing awkwardly instead. "This is all such a long line of consciences, isn't it? You see her, I see him. You share his name, you look JUST like him which is so odd since I made VERY specific details about how I wanted the cover to look on the book and her you are looking like... how I..." she started to trail off at the end, slowly realizing that she had just told him something no one else knew. "I... mean...... oh damnit..."

He smiled at her as he listened to her speak his eyebrow raising slightly "I knew there was something special about you but I never guessed this' he said laughing gently' your the real author aren't you? You just had that women sign the books for what appearance sake since your so young?" He watched her face his bright blue eyes seeming to swirl in the light "oh and don't worry I won't tell anyone your secret if you want to keep it hidden, trust me I'm good with secrets" he said smirking.​

She groaned a little, and sighed. Cat was out of the bag. "You really can't tell a SOUL about this! I mean, I didn't hire her to do it. It's all my publisher's idea. They say that writers in my field are just more accepted and welcomed if people think they have more years under their belt. They said that once I have a few books on the best seller list and a dedicated following, I can start presenting myself for as the author for real." She sighed once again and sipped the coffee, "So, now you know. And now you know why I am so interested in how you have walked into my life seemingly right out of the pages of my book..."

He smiled as she spoke "I won't tell anyone trust me' he watched her face' I understand what they are thinking but someone doesn't have to look old to have an ancient wisdom about them". He looked out the window watching the people walk by outside "I think if they let it be known that you were the author you'd probably gain a entirely different following then they are thinking of". He shrugged at her last statement "maybe it was just fate, or maybe you knew without knowing about me?" he said softly believing the last thing he said.​

She shook her head lightly, "But it just... it doesn't make sense. I have never meet you before in my life and yet.... I have dreamed of Alexander, the one in my books, VIVIDLY for years and years before I put the dreams down on paper. How..." she shook her head, starting to get an ache from thinking to much about it. "There just has to be a reason. I'm a logical person." She started to smile and laughed slightly, "I suppose you might as well BE the Alexander from my book. Fangs and all..." she had no idea how right she was.

Back
Top Bottom