Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Kingdom Broken

Frogger

Pulsar
White silk pooled around the queen's waist, glowing in the light of the full moon. The grass around the woman was flattened, bloodied. The stars glittered coldly in the sky overhead. And, resting on the cushion of the queen's shimmering dress, was a girl. Hardly five years old, with a sweet babyish face that warmed Queen Ambrosia's heart.

The woman closed one pale hand around the locket at her throat, closing her eyes. For a long moment, there was not a sound. It was as if the entire forest was holding its breath, waiting for what she would say. Then she took a shuddering breath, and placed her other hand on the child's forehead.

"I, Queen Ambrosia Dalea of Nievae, pronounce Crescent to be my successor and heir to the throne." Her daughter would be livid. But right now, she couldn't think about that. In her heart, she could feel that the best choice was Crescent, the little orphan girl she'd taken in as her own.

Her breath coming in ragged gasps, the queen began to feel desperate. "M-may she be guided by the stars. May she be wise as an owl, and swift as a deer. I ask the wolves, defenders of this forest that I love so dearly, to protect her and guide her, as you have guided me. And I give her my..." She coughed once, before steeling herself and continuing. "My throne, when she comes of age..."

Her necklace glimmered, then became dull. A silvery white streak raced through the sleeping girl's hair, and she groggily blinked open her eyes. It was then that a man stepped out of the shadows, his face ashen. "We shall protect her, your majesty." He tipped his head back, letting out a long, mournful howl. The rest of his pack joined in, and Crescent began to cry.

~~~~~~~

Thirteen years ago, the queen named her heir. There was only one witness, the alpha of Pine Pack. Be that as it may, most of the kingdom knows who the queen must've chosen. Her true daughter is a spoiled hothead, the kind of girl who likes everything to go her way. So when Alpha Greyson returned that night with her nuisance of a sister with the news that the five-year-old was the new queen, the girl was furious.

She even attempted to kill her sister.

Of course, there was not enough evidence to prove anything. But Greyson worried. So one night, he snuck the girl out of the castle and brought her out to the forest, a place where she'd be safe from her sister. The wolves, shifters, quickly warmed to the idea of having the young queen under their care.

Greyson eventually passed away, but his son, about the same age as the new queen, took charge of the pack. He became a good friend of Crescent's, and all was well until her 17th birthday came around.

Tension had been building up, and although the alpha knew why he refused to tell Crescent. Then, on the night of her birthday, the pack split in half. The splinter group took off, heading for the castle.

Now that Crescent is old enough to take her place as queen, her sister has grown more desperate. She decided to invite Crescent to the castle for a ball, but both girls are on high alert. It's only a matter of time before one snaps.

Okay, there are a few things you need to know before you join:

1. First, let me just say that this is a fantasy RP. That being said, your character can be whatever species you want. However, if you choose wolf or werewolf, your character is most likely part of Pine Pack or the splinter pack. Just...keep that in mind.

2. You can play anything from a servant to a head guard. Be creative with your rank choice.

3. If you want to be the princess (not Crescent) or the alpha of the splinter pack, keep in mind that a) they don't agree with Crescent, b) they don't like her, and c) they don't have the...friendliest personalities. Sorry, I'm just...picky about "evil" charries.

4. Some characters can have powers or special abilities, but that depends on the species. Powers need to have limits.

Anyway, here are some rank choices:
-Princess
-Heir to the Throne (Crescent)
-Leader of Splinter Pack
-Members of Either Pack
-Head Guard (for either side)
-Servant
-Spy (PM for details!)
-Seamstress
-Healer (often has magic)
-Whatever else you can think of.

I'll be posting a character sheet for my Captain of Guards for Crescent shortly. I have a question though as to who will play the heir and the Princess? Will you be fulfilling that role, Frogger?

So is she going to be an NPC at this point? Since I'm playing on her side, I can incorporate a lot of her side as well if necessary, but I wouldn't be "playing" as her so to say.

Crescent is a character, though the other Princess is a NPC at this point. If a person was to be on that Princess' side, a lot can be incorporated.

I'm surprised you made a healer too, Frogger, I feel as though you think I've thought out this order in great detail, which I totally have (shakes head "no"). Though being the evil villain is not a role that everyone wants, while others love being a villain. Each to their own, I suppose.

Well is this still open? If yes then I am interested in joining as the head of the "good" pack.

Still open for what I know. There is a link to a thread in the character profiles section with the same name as this one. In that thread is the template to follow. Welcome by the way, arch nemesis.

Alright, how many characters do we have thus far? If you are still interested in this, and have posted characters, please speak now, or forever hold your peace. Just kidding. Just speak up, so we know for sure how many are gonna be involved if I start things off now.

Back
Top Bottom