Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Text Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGateSon

Supernova
Hey everybody. Sorry if this stuff is answered in a stickied thread somewhere, but I couldn't quite find it. I know how to to do the basics such as changing font color and size, bolding and underlining, etc thanks to the handy little buttons on the full text editor. However, I'm trying to figure out how to use that (Show Spoilers) button/link that I see around a lot. I'm trying to clean up a thread that I'm about to post, and it would be really helpful. Thanks.

Awesome, thanks! And sorry for these two followup questions that are pretty stupid, but how do you insert a newline and how do you indent a line? Sorry >.<

I actually wondered this too.
Ha!

Not sure what you mean about 'newline' and if you want to indent a line, I believe it's just
text goes here[/ indent]. But it won't indent the whole bit, just the first line of text.​

Like I understand hitting enter gives makes you go the next line, but I'm trying to have a space between paragraphs basically, if that makes sense.

You mean like this?

[hr]

That line?

Or perhaps the list function.
  • This indent?
[list][/list]

I think it's more do to with my the spoiler tags I'm using. I'm basically trying to have an empty line between spoiler text and the next actual line of text. Enter doesn't seem to do it.

Just hit enter twice to take care of that problem. That is what I do. XD

Example:

Testing my....
SPOILER TAGS!!!
Enter once.

And now test those
SPOILER TAGS!!!

Enter twice.

How my code looks:
PHP:
Testing my.... [spoiler]SPOILER TAGS!!![/spoiler]
Enter once.

And now test those [spoiler]SPOILER TAGS!!![/spoiler]

Enter twice.

Lol, silly of h me :p Thanks for all the help! Is there a stickied thread somewhere about all the formatting tricks? It might be easier to reference that in the future in case I'm not sure about something than to reply to this thread again or create another one.

Hi there. I'm resurrecting an old thread because I have another question related to this. darkangel76 kindly showed me how to use a spoiler tag, but I was wondering if there was any way to that "Spoiler" part that comes before (Click to View) to some other text.

May not be answering the right question here since I think you missed out a word or two and your question didn't quite make sense... but if you're asking if you can alter the text where it says 'Spoiler' - I'm afraid the answer is no, you can't.

The best you can do is explain what is in the spoiler, e.g.

This spoiler contains something shocking in nature.

Electricity! >.< yeah it was a bad joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom