Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Island of Sexual Hedonism (Revised Gender Roles)

GoldenGateSon

Supernova
Hey everybody. So I've had this idea in my head for a long time now, and I figure that I'd try to see if there was any interest for it. The basic premise is that there is an island (or a community in some distant location, most likely tropical), where sex is a very open and free thing. Several whole families live on the island, and anybody can have sex with anybody else, no matter who, including family members, but with consent of course. Basically, it's a sex civilization where we the players will make up the traditions and customs of the island's inhabitants together. As you might guess, this is fairly smut heavy, though we can also work together to try and possibly figure out a plot of some sort if you're interested in that.

As I mentioned, I've been thinking about this scenario for a long time, so I have a few starting traditions/customs in mind already. All of these are of course negotiable as we'd be building an island on which we'd all like to live. Be warned that a lot of these things are my personal fetishes that may not interested or sit well with everyone. That being said, these traditions/customs may merely be optional things that the inhabitants can either choose to partake in or not. I repeat again, all of these customs and norms can be OPTIONAL. I merely stipulate that they are things the islanders acknowledge as completely normal life choices. Below each of these items is a short description and clarification of what I had in mind for each one specifically. Also, I'll either be updating this list or creating another master list, perhaps in the OOC thread when the time comes, to properly reflect what the members of the RP have decided on.

The Customs and Norms:
- Nudism
An alternative to being completely nude could include wearing very sparse and skimpy clothing. The primary thing I had in mind would be a simple loincloth with just one or two flaps of thin fabric to cover the front and/or the ass crack, but with nothing wrapping up from underneath. I'm not sure how clear my description was of that, so ask me if that didn't quite make sense haha. Women could either wear a thin piece of fabric that would hide their nipples and hold up their breasts, or they could go completely topless.

- Incest
Pretty self-explanatory. Anybody and everybody is open to have sex with, so long as they give consent that is.

- Lactation/Breastfeeding
People on the island partake in breastfeeding their whole lives, and all women on the island lactate.

- Public Sex
Pretty self-explanatory. People have sex with each other in the open freely and in front of other people without giving it a second though. Another image (or rather sound?) in my mind is that the island is constantly filled with the moans of pleasure as people have sex at all times all over the island. :)

- "Marriage"
My perception of marriage within the context of the island differs from "normal" marriage. My idea is that because of all the sex everybody has with everybody else, babies are born left and right and women get pregnant a lot of the time (or a little if that's not your thing for the RP). As such, being married simply means that you pick a partner with whom to live and build a home. All the children are raised communally and can have multiple "homes" they live in. These marriage arrangements can be polyamorous, meaning a person can have many spouses. Another idea that I've done a lot of is that the marriage ceremony itself is more of a mating ceremony, in which the two intended get down and have sex in front of a large crowd of their friends and family. Relating to incest above, mates/family networks can be incestuous.

- Gender Roles
After some advisement, I've re-imaged this section. It makes sense that on a sexually open island like this, individuals would be free to pursue whatever roles they most desired. As such, men and women can be either dominant or submissive to their partners depending on the individual. Jobs and vocations on the island would also be up to the individual and their particular skill set, whether a hunter, a craftsman, or something more domestic like cooking, cleaning, etc.

NOTE
When you respond to thread to show your interest, please state your thoughts on my listed customs and traditions so I know you've read them, and also list any other ideas you might have for new customs, thank you.

Again, I repeat with emphasis that the things listed here are things that your characters/families maybe OPTIONALLY participate in, and many of these things could be entirely excluded from the RP if a majority of players don't like them. The corollary to this is that there could be a myriad of things added to the RP that I haven't listed yet, so please feel free to chime in on things you'd like to include.

Well, I guess that's pretty much the gist of what I was hoping for with this RP. Please, if you feel interested at all, reply to the thread and we'll see if we can get things rolling. All in all, I'd like to keep the ratio of females to males 1:1, though I don't really have a cap in mind yet for how many players would be good or appropriate. After all, this is supposed to be a whole civilization of sexual hedonists with many people, but of course the limits of text based RP'ing will limit us in that regard. Happing RP'ing to everybody out there, and I hope to get some who are interested! :D

P.S. I'll be playing a teen male. More detailed character descriptions can come once we establish a character sheet thread as interest builds.

PPS:
Character Profile Thread
OOC Chat Thread

I'm not usually 'angry' though I have been having a bad day which only seems to be getting worse, not including whats going on now, so I apologize if I seemed...maybe a bit touchy, I'm editing Wes' information, though I think I'll probably take a break from the internet for a while and hope something good happens.

I don't think the editing/deleting is worth harping on anymore. I already saw what the deleted post said.

I looked over the changes you've made to Wes, but now instead of just being an annoying, mischievous bum, he's just a secretive, spiteful bum. I'm still not a fan, but as I've been saying, I'll let the rest of the members pass their judgements and decide on what to do.

Take all the time you need though, and I hope you feel better.

Er...I made that edit, true, though I'm still in the process of editing right now, I've decided to make him less of a bum or just not that much a bum at all, I may still keep him lazy, you know not wanting to do work, but still doing work in the end.

I usually hate saying things about others' characters, just because it is supposed to be their own. However, I've already put up a profile for myself and thus am a part of this myself. I have to agree with certain things. As a person with a high work ethic behind the screen, that already makes me kinda ... iffy. And especially if no one else can come on or leave the island. It means everyone who joins this RP are essentially the only residents here. That being said, everyone will need to pull their own weight, per se.

It's just my own personal opinion, but I really can't stand men (be them actual ones or RP characters) who choose and judge women for only looks. I don't care that you prefer older women; fine. But going off if she has big assets? That's ... where I say 'Nu-uh'. I purposely keep all of my characters to a limit (no higher than DD in bra size) for my own personal reasons. I dunno, it just .... lemme put it this way.

If you really wanna keep that part of him, okay. But rest assured, you're gonna have a really, really hard time finding a partner. As for myself (and most partners I've been with here), they never judge on appearances nor do I.

So ... I'll leave that completely up to you. But at the minimum, the part on refusing to pull you own weight when only a select few are given the honor and privilege on living here? Unacceptable in this case. If this were any other RP, maybe I wouldn't mind so much. But because of the limited people who can reside here ... no. It's not gonna work out in this type of society.

Sorry, Spirits. But that's my honest point of view.

I hope you guy's are alright with my character, Jonathan, being the island doctor. If there's no modern technology, that's fine. He can be knowledgeable about herbs (anti-pregnancy herbs ladies? Since there won't be any contraceptives if the island is isolated like that). Feel free to drop in for a physical or anything.

I am fine, Benny. We'll probably need someone good in the medical field for other issues like illnesses and such along with anti-pregnancy herbs. So sure, go for it.

Doctor would be good to have, and yeah since this is an island seperated from the rest of the world it could have a few medicinal herbs that are rare and unique to the island so yay for that.

I'm not sure what my guy should be doing, if anyone has a suggestion for a good job with Eric just tell me what we need, and he can do it. I was thinking of having him be a handyman capable of fixing things around the island. Carpentry and stuff like that, a man who works with his hands.

Since Jonathan and Tessa (AndNich123) have a child together, one of the females could take on a babysitting role, and we can have one of those plots going on as well. Any takers, ladies?

@malin A handyman would be perfect. Gotta keep those huts maintained and such. We could use a hunter as well, and some berry/fruit gatherers. Maybe a seamstress to repair and make new clothes?

Interesting thought. I wouldn't mind. Since Julianna's an only child, it could be good practice for her ... if/when she has her own kids. Even without that factor, it'd be something for her to do.

Okay. Well my husband is Doctor Fu.....well, *grins* He's the good doctor. So what should Tessa do? Assistant to him? Chef? I do have many talents in the kitchen.

I noticed everyone put their height and weight amount. Is that really necessary?

@LadyYunaFFX2 Sounds good! We can start with your character's first day on the job, though I guess we have to leave the finer plot details for the OOC thread when it's up.

@AndNich123 I guess Tessa can be the one who goes out and collects the various herbs and roots that Jonathan uses in his medical practice but can have simple nurse duties as well.

I do height & weight (along with other vital statistics) more out of habit than anything. I'm used to it. It probably isn't necessary but ...

Shrug

I just do it instinctively.

Alright, thank you Benny~ Sounds good.

Thanks for all the inputs guys. Again, it was just my personal opinion and idea that the island be completely isolated with no technology. It's up to you guys if you actually want it that way.

Jonathan being a doctor is great though, as doctors/healers are needed anywhere. The special herb/plant spin on things is a really good way of going about birth-control and such as well.

Julianna being an only child could be okay too. Would she still have a partner, Yuna? If not, it'd make a threesome group and might leave malin out in the cold. She could also of course be part of that threesome plot line while still having a partner outside of it.

Eric being a handy man sounds good to me, as that'd definitely be a needed thing.

I like Benny's idea of Tessa being a gatherer, and it'd sort of help connect the couple a bit more.

Also, I had in mind that, in line with the established civilization idea, that our characters wouldn't be the only ones on the island. There'd be dozens, or more likely hundreds, of other islanders that we wouldn't necessarily see or interact with in our RP. Just my 2 cents though. What do you guys think?

Oh i just realized if there is no technology, then how would Eric have his glasses? >_< that kind of really doesn't work all that well should I take the glasses out of the rp?

GoldenGateSon:

I added it on my profile upon deciding I'd make Julianna Malin/Eric's daughter but she technically is his partner. However, she isn't restricted to being only his. At least I'm pretty sure on this. Also, I like the possibility of other islanders. Might be able to be used later on somehow, like for trading resources or something maybe.

Malin, feel free to correct me on that issue since, admittedly, we didn't bring this up over any messenger yet xD

Okay. Gatherer it is. I can do that, but you do know that Tess isn't going to like the babysitter. lol. She doesn't like too many people at all. That's where her husband comes in handy.

Hmmm... that is a toughy. I'm leaning on the side of just not having glasses, but that's up to you, malin.

That sounds like a good idea, Yuna. As it stands, we currently have 4 males and 4 females, though Spirits, iveta, Cassinda and I still haven't paired off yet. Either way, you going with malin would be good.

Going off of this, I mentioned that I have a preference for incestuous couplings, so I'd probably partner up with whoever is more open to that between iveta and Cassinda. If neither of you are interested in that, then no worries. We'll decide on some other criteria.

Since we do already have 8 people, I'm thinking we're just about ready to start. With so many people though, we should work out a system for posting. The problem with a lot of group RPs I've seen in the past is that with too many people and a set posting order, people get bored and impatient, eventually losing interest. As such, I propose that players whenever they like, though they indicate in their post which thread/story/post they're following up on so there's at least some continuity. It might make reading all of this a little choppy, but I feel it will help to alleviate the major problem I mentioned. To add to this though, all the posts should be chronologically and spacially correct, so no teleporting across the island or through time to meet someone or do something that doesn't make sense. Thoughts?

I agree with that. A posting order can be hectic if a certain RPer has a sudden absence that takes them away from the computer and we're all left waiting. I guess we should have some sort of Tagging and Location notificaiton at the start of each post so we know whose being addressed and where they are. We should also have the setting divided up, like Town-square, Marketplace, Hospice, Homes, The Beach, Forest, etc.

Agreed, Benny, and I was just about to suggest that we come up with a general layout for how the island looks so that we can do that. I guess the important tags would be the poster's character, the character's they're currently with, and their location, like you said.

As for the setting's division... does anybody wanna draw up a quick sketch or something in paint quickly? hahaha. I'm currently thinking of something that has mountain in the center of the island, say a dormant volcano perhaps, with a not-so-dense jungle around it that radiates outward until it reaches the beach. The primary locations could be anywhere in those areas, whether in a cleared out section of jungle or on the beach front. I don't really have a preference, however, and that was just something quick I came up with.

I'm just going to let Tess' mindset/personality slide (even though it feels like risking unneeded tension/drama kinda to me) for a few reasons I'll keep to myself. Seriously, Julianna's just going to look after your kid. If you were worried on her trying to seduce your partner, it isn't going to happen. If he approaches her, that's an entirely different story ...

Anyway ...

Tagging/Location seems to really help out quite a bit I've been finding. I'm up for that myself.

What she means Yuna if that Jonathan catches her acting up to a certain character, he'll make her apologize by going down and...well you can guess the rest.

I agree with the island layout, though there should be an inlet or a bay where the main settlement is located, with the vast majority being the mountain and surrounding forest/jungle.

That works for me actually, and it adds a nice sort of serenity and beauty to the place, almost like an island resort. I'm kind of also thinking that there should be a waterfall somewhere, perhaps near the base of the mountain, that flows into a small lake or pool that then as a run off into said bay. I'm thinking of it as a small creek/river, though I'm not if this would mess up the proportions of the island so to speak.

Fair. But why take it out on the baby-sitter?
AndNich123 said:
Okay. Gatherer it is. I can do that, but you do know that Tess isn't going to like the babysitter. lol. She doesn't like too many people at all. That's where her husband comes in handy.

Just .... I guess. Whatever. Like I said, I'll let it slide for now.

And I'm back, and my day isn't going any better, still though I'm somewhat calm now, and so far I'm liking what I see, I particularly like the whole idea for the 'order' of chatting, and how we can...I don't want to say 'work around people who aren't on', but in essense I suppose that's what it is and it's needed to an extent, I mean I know I'm not going to be on all the time so working around someone not being online seems like a good idea, you know not to be rude to the person who isn't on but the rp has to keep moving.. I guess.

But yeah, I like what I'm hearing so far.

Back
Top Bottom