Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The girl who saw his face. (Warthog155 x MissLaVan)

warthog155

Moon
The sun shined high on the small Caribbean island. Chance woke from his sleep as the cool ocean breeze blew in his balcony door. He stretched and stood, walking toward the balcony like he had for the past 5 months he'd live on this island. He stared out at the waves crashing in on the yellow sand. It was peaceful and harsh same time. He missed it so much, like a lover he hadn't seen in years. His gaze was brought down to a man who was passing by bellow. His face looked, familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it. "3 hours." the man said and then he dropped something on the sand.

Like a trigger word Chance's face curled up into a grin that was so big he felt like the ships in the cove must wonder what made him so happy. Chance jumped the balcony and rolled onto the sand regaining his balance. Walking down to the object the man dropped he knew what it was instantly. A cutlass, thick, made from Japanese steel, the hilt encrusted with jewels from a Persian king, and the handle made from a cherry wood in the English kings courtyard, stolen in the black of night. It was the cutlass of Captain Rongin, a high pirate lord of the seas, it was his cutlass. "How I've missed you old friend. We will fight, but not yet, first we must have breakfast...with our love." His smile grew stayed as he went back into the house.

A few minutes later he emerged from the front doors to the street, Dressed in a grey cotton shirt that had three buttons going down the top of the middle on his shirt, all undone. His pants of a thicker material, looked to be of a hide of some animal and tan like most were. His boots were of the same color of his pants and look to be for running, escaping. This wasn't how Chance had been dressing on the island the past few months, no to him he was a lord from the colonies. Dressing in these fancy clothes that cost way to much, it made him sick, no this was Chance. With his sword on his side he went to the cafe like every morning and sat at the table he always sat at. "Excuse me, just a water this morning." He said, the waitress giving him a strange look to see him dressed as such. Chance kicked back and put his feet on the table. "Soon.......so soon."

Isabella Ann Harper, the beautiful daughter of the lord who ran the small Caribbean island. She was a beautiful girl inside and out, always caring about those around her. Her long red hair was pulled into a neat bun as her blue eyes took in the island around her. At 18 she was expected to marry soon, and for the last few months had been seeing a man unlike any other. While most men she meant looked at her as away to a lordship, Chance had never done or said anything about it. He was handsome and it took little time for him to steal her heart. While her father didn't agree with him as a husband, her mother had liked him.

That morning like every morning she was on the way to meet him for breakfast. Her body was hugged in just the right way by the light green dress. It showed off her body with out being lewd about it. She smiled lightly to the people she passed as she made her way to cafe she knew all to well. Her soft hands lifted the dress just inches from the ground. Her shoes had a small heel and were made of the finest leather. Her skin was soft and pale, and with big blue eyes she had a almost doll like look.

She had spent hours talking to Chance, and had told him things she had never voice before. She told him how she longed not to be thought of as a way to a lordship. How she wanted to have a much simpler life on the island she loved so much. How she feared being used by a man who would never love her. She had never been so open to another person and she knew that she truly loved the man she was going to meet.

Chance grabbed the water from the lady and took a sip. "Ah, amazing, I've tasted water from around the world. The east to the west and yet this here, is the best I've ever drank. You my lady have a gift, and every man needs water." She turned away giving him a look as she walked off. As he drank he looked out into the street and spotted her from down the street. Of course she stood out, oh Isabella, his scarlet treasure. He stood and held out his arms as she got closer. "Isabella, my love." He said as he embraced her giving her a slight kiss on the lips. "Sweeter than the purest peach my love." He said as he looked into her eyes. "Come, come sit. It's a wonderful day! A special day at that." He directed her to the seat at the table pulled out the seat for her.

"Sorry I'm so under dressed love, I never liked those fancy cloths. They put so many damn textures on them that you can feel all the stitching on the inside. No I'd rather have a soft shirt and good boots any day." Off in the distance a slight scream could be heard but Chance paid it no mind. "You though my dear, look stunning, always do, I always loved green on you. What do you feel like eating today?" He asked, then a cannon could be heard firing. A scream, while telling that something was happening, still wasn't something they needed to worry about, but a cannon, cannon fire ment bad. Everyone in the tavern stirred at the sound but didn't move until another cannon shot, then people started to run for the door. "SIT....DOWN....no one is leaving." Chance said as he looked at everyone who piled at the door. Not even moving from his seat he stared at the people and his right hand rubbed the hilt of his sword. The owner of the tavern who was at the door saw the sword, he went white. So white that it looked like he'd never seen the sun. "E..E-Everyone...sit down...please." The tavern owner said as everyone slowly went back to their seats as the cannons fired.

"Sorry love, it's just how are we going to get served if everyone leaves. Anyway I was thinking of eggs, I know their a rarity here and a little expensive but it is a special day." Sounds of swords clashing and pistol fire riddled the street. Chance acted as if it was a perfect day though as he ran his hand through his shaggy black hair. He usually had it combed back and slick but he felt that today he should look as he wanted. His hair ending just above his deep drown eyes in a slight curl. His face was clean cut while he'd been here but now you could see a 5 o' clock shadow on his face. He looked up with a slight grin, "What about you Isabella? What do you want to eat?"

Isabella was slightly taken by the look at Chance, but it didn't stop her from walking right into his lips. "Chance" She smiled and hugged him, giving him a gentle kiss. She blushed at his words and let him lead her to their table. She felt a glint of hope when told it was a special day. Maybe, just maybe it would be the day he asked for her hand. She gave a small nod when he spoke of his dress, not that she cared about what he wore. Again she blushed at his words. She knew he liked her in green and had been sure to wear it for him.

She opened her mouth to answer when she heard the cannon. She felt fear bubble inside her as another shot was fired and people started to rush out What scared her more when Chances reaction. She let out a yelp when he yelled and ordered everyone to sit back down. Tears burned her eyes as she looked at him with confusion on her face. She took in his handsome face and felt her stomach turn. "Chance ... I ... I" She stuttered a little stunned by his line of words. "I think we should go... something is happening... I should be home." She said as yet another cannon shot was fired. She let out a yelp and jumped at the sound. "Please Chance.... whats going on.... I don't understand."

She couldn't understand why he was acting so weird. Shouldn't he be trying to get away, to get her safe. She swallowed hard and hands shook as she kept them in her lap. Her blue eyes burned with tears as she looked around the fearful faces of the others. "I want to go home.... Please Chance... can I go home?" She asked the fear clear in her voice. She was scared to move and in the months she had been seeing Chance had never felt such fear.

"Home?" He said it like it was something he didnt understand. "No, no my love your not going home." He said as he got up and walked across the table and knelt by her. He grabbed hold of her by the chin and turned her to him. He looked into her eyes and embraced her with a kisser someone would give to their lover the night before they went off to battle. He broke it and smiled at her. "My scarlet treasure." He whispered.

The front doors flew open as 5 men entered. The one leading them was huge 7'4 in height. He had a tattoo that ran across his bald head and onto his face. His skin was of the deepest tan. "Captain, the soldiers are dead and reinforcements are being held at bay by the cannon fire to the south." His voice was as low as the cannon shot earlier. Carter stood and turned to him, looking in the giants eyes with shuch rage. He reached for the hilt of his sword and the man growled at Chance. They stayed like this for a moment then broke into laughter. "Khajet it has been much too long my friend. We are so close to the final score though. So close.." he paused and turned to Isabella. "So close I can see it." A man ran forth with a coat as red as Isabella's hair. He slipped it on and fastened the belt with the two one shot pistols on either site. "Ah it is good to be back. Good people! We wish you no harm, we've just come for our spoils and then to be off." Chance snapped and Khajet grabbed Isabella throwing her over his shoulder. "You'll be fine love. Khajet is a gentle giant." The other four found that hilarious and started to laugh. "Onward boys!" Chance said and started to turn but stopped. "Oh... right, you barkeep.... you recognized my sword...didn't you?" The man slowly nodded. Chance let out a sigh. "....of course you did." Chance pulled out a pistol and shot the man through the head watching him fall. "Onward boys..."

Confusion and fear danced across Isabella's face. "I don't understand." She said her voice weak and soon her whole body shook. For the first time since they had started to 'date' she didn't return his kiss. The name he called her, his scarlet treasure, no longer made her feel loved but made fear rush through her. She jumped and looked toward the door as five men rushed in. She swallowed hard as Chance and the tall man laughed.

A blood curling scream was ripped from Isabella's throat as she was picked up and thrown over the man shoulder. She was trying hard to understand what was happening to her. Why the man she had come to love was doing such things. She found the laughter from the other four men to be horrifying. Fear raced through her body and she let out yet another scream as the barkeep was killed. She screamed for help and did her best to fight, but nothing would work. She begged to be let go but it only made the men laugh harder.

Fear of what they would do to her raced through her mind. At best they would keep her and trade her back for money. At worse she would pray for death. They would beat her and rape, take away everything she had in the world. "Please don't hurt me... Please Chance.... don't do this to me... " She cried. the tears flowed down her face as she gave up fighting for freedom. She could only beg for some type promise she would not be harmed. "Please don't let them hurt me... Don't let them take me..." She cried in hopes he would keep his men from raping her. It was a fate worse then death for a woman. Her body shook from the sobs that ripped her throat and made it raw.

Chance walked ahead of the group as they headed down to the docks. He heard her screams, her pleads. Nothing, nothing in these past 5 months that he had to do for the cause was to much. He had killed in secrecy, stolen to keep his lavish life style. Hearing Isabella scream though, hearing her plead and beg him, like he was her only hope, like someone she trusted was just watching this all happen. He took a deep breath and look back to Khajet. "Get her to the ship and put her in the hold, no one looks at her without getting a lead eye."
"Aye Aye" the tall man said as they went past him. He stood in the middle of the street regaining himself. "The jobs already done, one ransom note and we're home free." Chance turned noticing the loud screams of soldiers who had got past the cannon fire. "Shit!" he curse as he took off toward the docks.

Running through the street he heard shots wiz past him as he heard the soft clomp of dirt turn to wood when he hit the docks running. The sails were already down on his massive ship "The Tin Cannon" and was starting to leave. With two large steps Chance stepped off two boxes and jumped onto the boat. "NOW BOYS!" He screamed from the ladder bellow, and just like planned a line of pirates popped up from the side of the ship with rifles and mowed down a line of soldiers. When his men went down to reload Chance was already on the ship and in protection. "Be good toy soldiers and tell the lord I have Isabella, if he doesn't want me too take her to every pirate hovel in the Caribbean and let them have a turn with royalty, showing how week the english crown is. Than they will send a ship to Tortuga in a months time." With that he started to pull off.

As they hit sea and the island shrunk into the horizion his crew started to cheer. "Good work boys, we're one step closer to our lives being showered in gold!" The men cheered and Chance nodded at Khajet to take the wheel. heading down into the cargo of his ship he could instantly hear her. He started to drag a chair all the way across the hold to the front of her cell. He placed the chair down and then picked up a hat that was on a hook next to the cell putting it on. He was quiet for a while, not saying a word. Slowly he raised his head and looked her in the eyes. This looked nothing like the man that had kissed her earlier. "Let me properly introduce myself madam'....my name is Captain Chance Rongin, the unseen pirate lord..."

Isabella cried and pleaded to Chance not to let them hurt her. She cried harder as the big man was told to place her in the holding cell. It didn't take long for her to be thrown onto the old bare bed, she landed with a thud. She crawled back wards until her back hit the wall. She watch the man leave her and the only thing she could hear was her own cries.

It wasn't long before she heard foot steps and fear rushed into her heart. She looked up only to see the brown eyes she had grown to love. Her blue eyes were filled with fear and hurt. She was heartbroken by the action of the man she thought had loved her. He didn't say a word and she just sat there crying. She pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them, as she tried to get are deep into the corner as she could. A sob ripped its way from her soft rose colored lips when he spoke. She didn't know him at all.

It took a few minutes before she spoke. "You are using me ... just like all those men who wanted my hand so they could be come lords." There was such pain in her voice that you could almost hear her heart break. "Please.... if you ever had feels for me at all.... either or love or hate ... just don't let them hurt me ... please ...." She cried as she closed her perfect blue eyes and cried into her knees. She couldn't believe she had loved this man, that she had been so stupid to think anyone could truly love her. She was right, he was using her just as the others had hoped to do. While he wasn't after the lordship, he was after her fathers money.

Chance let her finish as he looked on with his blank emotionless face. He had to care for her over the past months as to not tip anyone off so to see her so scared and in pain did hurt him. But not as much as she might have hopped. "We're going to Tortuga. There one of the royal english ships will arrive to ask for my terms, then I will tell him I demand 500,000 gold pieces, in exchange for you alive. We meet later and I trade you for my money." He face still somber he took off his hat and held it in his hands. "Tomorrow morning when we are far away from any mainland you will be let out of the hold to roam the ship. You decided to jump over board than we'll let the sharks have you."

He kept wanting to look away her tears too much for him but he had to hold his ground as he had to do many times as Captain. "John." Yelled Chance, a young boy ran down the stairs to him. "Y-yes Captain?" Watch this lady, if she needs me you come to me and only me understood?" The boy nodded. Chance then stood up and gave her another look. "I am sorry for these events, I do wish it was someone other than you. It's just buisness." He said as he headed up the stairs to the deck. "Khajet!"
"Yes Captain?"
"I'm going to rest do not wake me until nightfall."
"Aye Aye sir!" The tan man said as Chance went into his quarters, The fine silk sheeted bed by the back window was a comfort for sure that he missed but as he lay on it, he couldn't help but feel wrong. The worst part about it all was, he didn't understand why he felt this way.

Some of Isabella's red hair had broken free from the bun that had once been neat. The stuck to her tear stained face as she looked at him. She took in his blank face and let out another cry as she knew then he never cared for her. She listened to the words and then turned away from him. Part of her wondered if the sharks would be better then what the pirates would do to her. She didn't look at him as he spoke to her one last time. While he offered her free roam of the ship, she wouldn't dare do such a thing. Who knew what the pirates would do to her, what he would do to her.

Everything hurt and felt numb at the same time as she tried to understand fully how this happened. How had she been stupid enough to think the man had loved her. She should of known that no one could love her without wanting something in return. Her blue orbs looked toward the young boy who she was sure was no older then she at 18 years. She shifted, her back facing the bars as she curled into herself. Her arms hugged her knees to her chest and she didn't speak. The boy must of gotten sick and asked her a few question. No a word, not even a simple move was made to let him know she heard him.

Her eyes grew heavy and soon she drifted into a restless sleep. She was plagued with nightmares of what would happen to her. A few hours had passed when she woke with a scream. Not just any scream but a scream for Chance. She looked around and found herself feeling sick. She slowly got up on weak legs and walked to the bucket in the other corner. She emptied what little she had to eat, but it wasn't much at all. She hadn't eaten before she left to meet Chance as they normally had breakfast. Her stomach growled as she moved to sit on the bed again. She wouldn't ask for food, she would starve herself, any kind of death would be better then what the pirates would do to her.

She had seen the girls in town who had been taken in pirate raids. The scars that littered their bodies and the ones that hunted their mind. She had heard the stories they told and feared that would happen to her. She wondered what would happened if they didn't show in Tortuga, or hand over the gold.

Night came and Khajet softly knocked on Chance's door. Chance had barley gotten a wink of sleep. His mind was to heavy, he was trying to figure out why he was feeling, remorse? No it wasn't remorse, it was guilty, but why? "Thank you Khajet, I'll be there in a moment." He said as he adorned his coat, weapons, and hat once again. As he walked out and up the stairs to the wheel he heard Isabella's scream, instincts told him to run to her, save her, comfort her. Then he remembered who he was, Captain Rongin doesn't care about her he wouldn't do that. He told himself as he grab the wheel and held it steady.

"Khajet, before you go rest, please go unlock Ms. Harper's cage, tell her that everyone is asleep as well, she may do as she pleases. Also if you could, watch her for a little, from the shadows of course." Khajet seemed to have no problems with this as he nodded and walked off down under the ship. He heard the metal gate of the hold soon open and took a deep breath. While his feelings were at mass confusion now he was so happy to be back at sea. The chill of the waves, the soft sound of crashing water and a creaking boat. While behind the wheel of The Tin Cannon he felt right, well....except now.

Isabella did her best to claim down from the nightmare. Her blue eyes moved to the tall man who had brought her onto the ship, Khajet Chance had called him. As he moved to open the cage door she moved back against the wall again. Fear filled her eyes. "Please don't hurt me." She whispered. Her voice was raw from the crying and screaming she had done. She swallowed hard winching from the pain the action brought.

She just looked at him when he opened the door and gave her chances message. She didn't make a move thought, unsure if she could trust the giant of a man. She waited until the man was gone and got up some nerves. She moved slowly, carefully through the ship and soon found herself on the deck. She looked around from her spot in the door before slowly moving out. Her knees buckled under her as she held onto the side of the sip. Her blue eyes took in the dark blue water all around him. There was no land to be seen and fear dug its way deeper into her heart. Tears slid down her face as she shivered, both from cold and fear. She hadn't seen Chance at the wheel, but from his spot he would be able to see her. Her stomach growled and placed her hand on it. She held it for a moment before thinking it best she return to her cell.

Chance saw the red headed girl come onto the deck and slowly walk around. He figured she hadn't seen him yet and he now had hours to have thought about what happened and how to handle it. "Isabella!" Chance said from up at the wheel so she could hear him. "Come here." He said without moving from the wheel, it was a command but it was soft, not the hard Captain Rongin. He hung his head slightly as to not look at her, he didn't even know if she was up there or not. "Isabella, I want you too know that while on this ship you have my protection, nothing bad shall happen to you on my watch. You are to be given back to the english in 3 months time and you will be safe, warm, and feed while under my protection. I know you're not fond of this situation and you shouldn't be, but I had to do this, the money they will pay for you will be enough for any man to live out his days....and I need that money."

"The hold is cold and dark so I offer you my quarters bellow, the bed is of kings standereds and you'll be away from any prying eyes, I will be sailing tonight so I will not be using it." He got silent again, still not having to look and see if she was there. "I wish you could understand Isabella but I won't expect you too, I never do." A wave splashed upon the deck. "While all of what happened on the island may not have been entirely honest, I still ment you no harm and still don't. I just want you know that..." He continued to stare out to sea. He let himself get lost in it. All the stress on his shoulders soon was blown away by the ocean breeze. The ocean took him to a place where it was just him and a ship. But for the first time, he couldn't get rid of Isabella. He was getting mad now, why couldn't he forget about this damn woman. She was a job and yet she wouldn't leave his mind, it irritated him to no end.

Isabella jumped with a yelp when her name was called. She moved slowly to where Chance was standing. He didn't look at her and as she looked at him she felt the ping lost. She felt a little relief when told nothing would happen to her. The softness he had when speaking to her reminded her of the man she feel in love with. He wasn't that man though, he had lied to her. The tears burned their way down her face, and she wondered how she had any left. She wanted to tell him that if he had just asked she would of gotten him all the money she could. She had truly loved him and would of done anything for.

Hearing him speak of what had happened on the island made her want to question him. She wondered what had been honest and what he had lied about. Yet again she didn't dare ask, fear of his reaction. He seemed to get lost in his thought and she turned to walk away from. Stopping at the top of the stairs she spoke, not daring to look at him. "I had truly loved you .... if you had only asked ....." She cried, her voice was weak and raw. And she didn't know if he would be able to hear her over the waves. She slipped back down to the deck and found herself wondering around, she didn't know where his quarters where. She had never been on a ship before and soon she found herself hiding from everyone. She sat in the dark corner and hoped that no one would find her. It didn't take long for her to sleep again.

Chance went to speak but her crying made him close his mouth as she walked down the stairs. He watched her wander around the deck looking like a scared puppy in a new home. Finally she seemed to just sit down and stay on the edge. As the time went on though he noticed she wasn't moving and must've passed out there. He put the lock on the wheel so it would steer straight as he wanted and walked down deck. "Isabella....Isabella." He whispered to her to see if she would answer him back. When no answer came he figured she must be asleep. "Damn girl, you sleep out here and you'll catch pneumonia. Come here." He said knowing he was probably talking to himself. Picking her up in both his arms, resting her head on his shoulder. He slowly walked to his cabin under the platform that held the wheel. Inside was a warm, cozy room that was his. He then moved to her to the bed and laid her down gently.

As she laid there he watched her for a moment, he now knew as he watched her what this feeling was, why he was doing this
he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pocket watch, in it was a drawling of a little girl. For a moment tears weld in his eyes but he then walked out and back to the wheel. He thought for a long time and soon the sun broke through the horizon. "Damn.... I love her." He said to himself as the heat slowly took over him. Khajet came up first to replace him followed by a few crew mates. "Captain." They all said in acknolegment one by one until Khajet came up and take the wheel. Chance then went down and into his room, he hadn't seen Isabella stir and he wasn't going to wake her. He sat down in a chair in the corner and tried to get his thoughts in the right place, but the look of his Scarlet Treasure was not helping.

Isabella passed out, not a thought or dream filled her head. She let out a soft whimper when she was lifted into Chances arms. Once placed on the bed she cuddled into the covers, but other wise didn't move. She didn't move, not once the whole night. The sun was just coming up when a ray of light hit just the right spot. She let out another whimper before her eyes opened. The big blue eyes looked unsure and confused for a moment, before it was replaced with fear and sadness. Her eyes feel on Chance as he sat across the room in a chair. She swallowed hard and was hit by the copper taste of blood. Her throat so raw from her screams and crying it was bleeding a little. Laying there she watched him for a few minutes before she moved to get up. "I'm sorry..." Her voice was painful and weak. The life she had once had in her eyes was long gone. They were dull and hallow as she looked from him to the floor.

She didn't move, just didn't have it in her to do anything. She wanted to go back to sleep, but she slowly sat up. She looked around, looking for another place to lay but then a thought hit her. "Are you placing me back in the cell?" She asked lightly. She didn't want to be down there, locked away where anyone could come. She was sure the men knew how to get in the cell if they wanted. While Chance had promised she be safe she knew that he couldn't watch her 100% of the time.

"You have nothing to be sorry about Isabella..." he said as he also looked at the floor he was having a hard time looking at her while she looked as she did. He tried to keep himself steady, the past day had been a big weight on him and the thought of him maybe having feelings for her was killing him. He could hear her scratchy voice as she talked. He put up a finger and went to a cabnit close to him pulling out a pitcher and a loaf of bread. Setting it down on a table in front of him. "Come on, you havent ate or drank in a day and I wont have you die to that." He said as he poured two cups of wine and ripped a peice of bread off putting it in his mouth.

"The hold? No, no that will be your choose. I told you when morning comes it is your choice wether you want to walk the ship or stay there. If you want you can stay here in this room for the next three months doesnt mater to me." He said as he tried to act harder around her. "If you want new cloths you'll find some in that dresser. May not be high lady standered but it'll cover you and that's important on this ship. If you want to sleep you can use the bed. Im about to gl to sleep though as I've been up all night. So up to you if you lay in a bed with a lying stealing pirate." He talked as if he was doing business, he was clearly trying to seperate himself from her but his words betrayed the thought of it. Hanging up his coat and hat he went over towards a pole near his bed where he hung his belt with his pistols and his scabbard with his sword. Sitting on the bed he glanced up at her for the first time since he woke. "You need me...wake me. Talk to Khajet about any problems...."

Isabella shook hear head, she didn't want to eat or drink. She asked if she would be returned to cell. She gave a small nod when told it was up to her. When he moved toward the bed she was quick to get up. Stepping away from the bed, and him. In the months they spent on the island she had never once moved away from him. However as he had said, he was a lying stealing pirate who had betrayed the love she had given him. Her blue eyes moved over the room until they stopped on a small love seat. She moved toward the love seat and laid with her back to him.
She would wait until he was a sleep and change from the green dress. After all she had gotten the dress to wear for him. The thought made a light cry slip from her lips. She hurt so much, and she wanted nothing more then to forget this nightmare. She was unsure how long she laid there before she got, changing into a simple outfit. She eyed the green dress and found a knife on his table, cutting up the dress. She moved slowly toward the door and opened the door, looking out toward the deck. She slipped outside and shut the door behind her. She didn't go far, kept her back pressed against the wall outside the door. She watched the men move and didn't miss the way some of them looked at her.

Back
Top Bottom