Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reluctant allies (Saber Arturia/ OstrichFromJoust )

Revelations

He'll smite you with metaphor fists!
Staff member
Administrator
This was suppose to be a simple job, kill the man and bring back proof... So why was it so damn hard? Maybe his so called ‘allies’ thought this bounty wasn’t worth it, or did they just send him here to die? “Can’t run forever!” The hulking man called out in a mocking tone as Justin kept low, hiding behind a crate. His right hand held his blade, de-activated as he tried to keep a low profile, other hand holding a pistol as he took a short breath.

“Two down... Three to go.” The brute was Clyde Owenfell – a wanted merc and pirate who was wanted by the government of the planet dead or alive on counts of robbery, arson, assault, and even murder of starport officials. Of course no one but the stupid and reckless would go it alone, as he had a crew... One that seemingly abandoned him to this fate. Hearing footsteps, he could guess that this was one of Clydes subordinates, and waited. His thumb glided over the trigger of his sword, waiting for just the right moment as the footsteps continued. Just as he counted to three and he could see the incoming shadow of the man Justin acted in a flurry of motion. His blades edge lit up with the telltale heat of the molecular edge as as he lunged the blade effortlessly cut through the mans armor and his opponent – a wordless scream as he bisected the man. Justin was athletic, his toned and firm body making the movements easy, his lightweight combat armor not even getting in the way as his eyes narrowed at his opponent, the body falling to the floor.

“Alright Clyde – what do you say you show yourself and make this an even fight?” A bit cocky, but he knew that Clyde much preferred actions to words... though as he heard the sound of gunfire and saw the crates nearby him burst into shrapnel from the blast of a shotgun, Justin began to move, cursing his luck.

“Hah! You’re on – You’ll be the sixth little bounty hunter i’ll send to them in pieces!” he could see the large, armored figure moving in, and Justin was already on the move even as he felt like a mouse being chased by a cat as he ran through the abandoned storage facility.

RE: Reluctant allies

"Heh heh, Clyde's got dis boy on da ru-" the man's voice was cut off by a silenced pistol shot entering his skull, making him fall to the floor of the catwalk he stood on. "Wrong place, wrong time, buddy," a female voice said, her boot pushing into the man's side and shoving him to the ground, several cracks and 'sploosh' noises emitting as he hit the concrete floor of the facility.

"Somebody else is after this a-hole, they better not think they're getting my bounty," a black-haired woman mused to herself, laying down on the metal of the catwalk. With a couple clicks, she set her sniper up on its bipod, rolling her neck to crack it before peering through the scope. She quietly hummed a tune to herself as she got the view aligned properly, watching the pirate as he chased the other bounty hunter through rows of crates and boxes.

"There we go, got your ugly face lined up perfectly," she said, exhaling carefully as she moved the sight with him, waiting for the perfect shot. Patience was the true game of the sniper, most of your time was spent waiting for the perfect moment, and then it was over in the milliseconds it took to pull the trigger. If you missed it, that was it. That was also what made it so much fun.

She saw it just before they did, and slowly a grin formed on her face. "Hope you don't like that leg too much, Clydey-boy," she said, moving the barrel off of the pirate, and to the mechanism of a large bay door they were rushing towards. Timing was crucial, too early and she'd miss him, maybe hitting the bounty hunter. Too late, the door would just shut behind him. Either way, her position would be compromised and he'd still be raring to go. Another exhale, slow breath out, and she fired.

The bullet flew true, and pierced the steel bar holding the door in its place. It started to fall down just as the other guy ran ahead of Clyde. No time for the bastard to stop, just as his leg was about to pass, it slammed down, crushing through his armor. He fell to the ground, crying out in pain, clutching the bloody limb that was under the door. "Yay! Got him!" she shouted out. Mary grabbed her rifle and stood. "He's mine, don't even think about it!"

Even as Justin used the terrain to his advantage he could feel his adrenaline beginning to pump in an almost unhealthy way. Each footstep from Clyde as he reloaded his shotgun brought Justin that much closer to the edge as he felt the soft humming of his blades edge, keeping it in one hand as he slowly holstered his pistol. “C’mon, Clyde! They don’t call you a brute for nothin’, so put the gun down and-” As he then heard the gunfire he instinctively recoiled and backed off, praying that if it was Clydes ally that his suits shield could take the hit. Of course, there was no sudden fluctuation in power as he waited, and soon saw what happened to Clyde as the steel crushed his leg. Reacting, Justin moved in for a lunging kill as he poised his blade to slice through Clyde’s throat before he turned to the feminine voice calling out. “...Yours? The hell?” Was this one of his allies? No, he remembered their faces, and none of them had a rifle like hers. He held his blade out in the direction of Clyde, given that if he could still move or pull out a concealed weapon he was still a threat. Yet his true focus seemed to be on the woman now as he began to back off very slightly. “Been tracking him for a week or so, most of it on my own. I can really, really use the money from this bounty and rifle or no, I’m intent on taking it.” There was a slight pause, looking to the pained Clyde as the man’s cries of pain steadily died off as he drifted into unconsciousness “...Plus if you need him alive, he’s gonna need some treatment. You don’t seem big enough to carry him alone since he’s a fair bit bigger than that rifle of yours. My employer doesn’t care about his life, only that I bring proof. So you’re gonna have to work on that by yourself if you wanna bring him in.” Afterall, a rifle like that could have killed him easy if she aimed well enough.

Using the strap on the back of the rifle, Mary hoisted it around her shoulder and held it with her other arm. She moved back from the catwalk, finding a stairway down, sitting on the rail and sliding down. Now that things were calm, she took her time in walking over to them. Her other hand held the pistol she'd used earlier, wary of this guy. He seemed to be fine, Clyde clearly didn't like him, but she didn't get this far by being naive. Her eyes narrowed in a glare, not appreciating the, albeit true, statement that she wasn't big enough to pull him out alone.

"Well, I got him, so there's that. I don't know if you're used to getting paid for running from the target, but typically whoever takes them down gets the payday," she said, getting a better view as she got closer. Clyde had drifted away from the pain. This guy was right, she'd need help getting him out and the bonus from bringing him alive. "Look, I got no beef with you, and hopefully you have nothing by me. We'll split it, I'm a fair girl, I can appreciate the fact that I'll need help getting him out, and you want to prove that you got him. Sound good?"

“I’m use to getting paid doing my job.Which I would have, eventually. I mean, I’d have found a way to deal with him size or no.” He spoke after a moment, the blade flickering off as he began to sheathe it on his hip, the blade sliding into the holster as he looked at the woman. “Still, I do have to thank you for saving me on that. Just because I could have found a way doesn’t mean it was gonna happen easily...” As he approached the heavy steel door he’d soon shuck it off the man, the metal falling with a somewhat loud crashing sound. “I’ll get the legs, you get the arms? I hope you had something you can bring him back in, I came here light so theres no way i’d be able to take his body with me.” Justin figured he could play along, if she really did want him dead she could have tried that already before approaching him.

"No problem at all," she said with a smile. Of course, the shot was more or less to take down Clyde, saving him was just a nice side effect. Mary moved forward, strapping her rifle tighter to her back, adjusting the strap so it was around her chest and not just hanging from her shoulder. Crouching, she took a tight grip on the armor of his arms. "1, 2, 3," she said, exhaling and lifting with the other man. Her enhancements were paying off, having some slight cybernetics in her body to create a shield and increase leg/arm strength had proven to be great investments. Besides, with the shield she could wear what she liked, loving the black/red outfit she had on now. "Land glider outside, should work," she said with a grunt as they moved towards the door.

As he knelt and helped shuck off the steel door with a bit of a heave Justin would continue to keep low as the woman approached. Nodding as she started to count he’d soon lift on three, using his knees to rise and his arms helping lug the giant of a man. He was still a tad heavy even with her help so as they continued to the door he’d kind of take the lead as he went through it and continued on to the glider she had described, helping place him a bit unceremoniously onto the glider before kipping on. “Alright then, If that’s all, let’s go. I can keep him from bleeding out while you drive.”

She smiled as they dropped him onto the bed of the vehicle with a 'thunk,' not particularly caring about his well being. "Perfect," Mary said, looking to him as he spoke again. "Yeah, sounds good," she said, moving to the front and getting into the driver's seat. It started and the engines roared, pushing it a few inches off the ground. Making sure he was stable, she took the helm, sending them off and away from the warehouse. "I'm Mary, by the way," she said, keeping her head forward.

"Mary? I'm Justin." Last name want necessary for now. "Good shot earlier if you were aiming for the door. What model rifle is that? Don't think I've seen it before, so kind of curious." He'd soon grab hold of something to keep from falling, his tone tone soft but respectful.

Mary tapped the screen of a navigation unit, setting course for the town she'd gotten the glider from. "Come on," she muttered, fingers pressing harder into the screen as if that would solve the speed issue. Finally a line appeared, guiding her back. That's what you get for going cheap. It worked though, so why not? "Actually I was aiming at the other side of the warehouse, I'm just a terrible shot," she said with a heavy dose of sarcasm. She grinned, glancing back. "Thanks. It's a Henner Vigilant, a few mods, adapted it from normal to fit better. It's a good gun. Got it from my dad," she said, tapping the butt of the rifle as it laid next to her.

Back
Top Bottom