Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A captain's log (Journal OPEN to comments)

Charlotte Honeycutt

Sailing the open sea
So, I'm making this for thoughts of consciousness, dreams, and what not. I'll spruce it up and hopefully provide you guys with some fun stuff going on in my exciting life. I love opening up to people, and feel free to comment yourself. I love talking to other people just about life too.

Okay, I'm giving this thing another shot for several reasons. This isn't gonna be anything fancy, but just more of a place for me to 'journal' and for others to just 'breathe' at the end of my days. A quick check of the date reveals that it's been almost exactly three years since I last journaled and boy has a lot happened.

1. I graduated high school and went off to college.
2. I discovered alcohol and the fun that entails.
3. I decided I wanted to be a political scientist rather than a regular scientist.
4. I took in over $80,000 in loans to try and pay for the private school I went to.
5. I transferred schools this year and came back home to live with my parents, brother and 12 year old black lab.

So now we're all caught up with the happenings of my sad, adventurous life and I guess I'll be pretty much here to rant around how much life sucks here and there and what sucks about it.

Of course there'll be the occasional bright spot, like the fact that my mom might be getting her first full time job in half a year so that she can work to keep our family afloat, and the fact that the school year is almost over finally. But in the end, I'm really here to just talk... because talking does a load of good to the soul. It helps to offload the bad things, and the good as well; and that's exactly what a journal does.

I want to interact with people on here; it's part of my effort to be more and more involved with Blue Moon as someone whose been on here for about three years now. I've found it helps to offload and talk, even if it's to people who are anonymous on the internet, but that's the joy of it.

I guess that's it for now....

Captains log: Day 2
Morale: Low
Optimism: High

So long for now. Look forward to hearing from you peeps!

Captains log: Day 2
Morale: Ehhh
Optimism: Still highish

Tuesdays are often the toughest day of the week. Coming right off the heels of Monday, I have three of my toughest classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but they're definitely harder on Tuesdays than Thursdays, but enough about that.

I still haven't heard back from any of the dozen of internships I've applied for and have resigned myself that I won't hear back from any of them.

How are you supposed to ever get a political internship if literally every internship requires previous experience for you to be even qualified for the job. It makes no freaking sense... So most likely I'll hopefully be getting a job this summer with the local law firm or something like that. I've also recently become a certified bartender, so on top of a hopeful day job or internship with a night job bartending somewhere downtown or in the city. I'm like 95% confident I'll get a bartending job, so we'll have to see.

For now though, I have to get through the last nine days of class and the various papers and tests coming in the next three weeks. Five exams.... three or four papers/essays. Just a whole shitload of stuff. I'm not too worried about it though honestly. I work best under pressure and deadlines, and I've only really got one or two really tough classes and other than that, I'm not too concerned.

On the home front things are alright. Bro is at a Panic! concert tonight and mom locked down an interview for a full time teaching job next year, which is big for us as a family as she also starts training for her part time job this weekend. My brother is working now as a busboy at a sushi restaurant and I hope to be employed within the next month or so, which will be a blessing. Now if I could only get my lazy ass father off his ass and get him back out there.... he's the reason our family is in this mess in the first place

For now, I'll sign off of my log... happy sailing and fair winds!

Captain's Log: Day 3
Optimism: Lower

Just a rough end to what was an okay week. Hit a brick wall earlier this evening and have only gotten lower since. Trying to communicate with and just hang out with other people usually alleviates the... I don't want to say pain... but just the general 'eh' and 'blergh' feelings I have going on through my mind. Nothing really happened to trigger they way I'm feeling right now... I think... but being involved on the site more this week than I have more so in the past has kept me in general higher spirits ever since I decided to do my 'reboot'.

It is however a three day weekend, so here's hoping that I'll improve through this weekend which is unlikely... see? Low optimism right there. It's just I've got a bunch of church stuff I'm going to get dragged to this weekend since its easter and all... and then on top of that, I have to do a buttload of research for my paper I have due next week.

A reminder or notice. This is IN NO WAY me asking for a pity party.... I'm doing what this section of the forum tells me that I'm allowed to do... which is to journal... so... here I am... docking for the night. Here's hoping we wake to calmer seas and firm strong winds in the morning.

Captain's Log: Day 4
Morale: Better
Optimism: Ehhh

The last twenty-four hours or so have been hectic. Yesterday started out pretty normal... but then we got a call saying that my grandmother had taken a pretty nasty fall. Luckily my mom's family was there, so they were able to get her to the hospital pretty quick. Long story short... I got to spend 7 hours with my two aunts and my second youngest cousin yesterday. So that was okay. And it turns out grandma just got a really bad case of vertigo... her equilibrium has always been off for the last several years. No concussion but we've been taking shifts over at her place to help make sure she doesn't have any other nasty spills. So exciting stuff obviously!

As for school... I'm officially at the procrastination stage of my statistical analysis paper... but it'll get done. I always finish something strong by the deadline.

Bye for now!

I think a lot of polical internships expect previous experience as a way to give internships as a reward for those who work on political campaigns, since even volunteer jobs there can count. It is, after all, politics. That is at least what most of my friends who were in poly sci ended up finding out.

megyn said:
I think a lot of polical internships expect previous experience as a way to give internships as a reward for those who work on political campaigns, since even volunteer jobs there can count. It is, after all, politics. That is at least what most of my friends who were in poly sci ended up finding out.

A fair point. And I won't get into it tooo much because I dont want to upset other users based on their political views on here... but long story short you couldn't have paid me to work on either of those campaigns last year... plain and simple. I'm hoping to maybe get involved with something at city/state/congressional level in the next year or so... but we'll have to see. Politics is all about who you know... its a tough game and shark... and I don't even know if I'll enter the field. It's a little too cutthroat for me to be quite honest.

Captain's Log Day: 5
Morale: Insane
Optimism: Who the hell knows?

Wednesday April 19, 2017 ----

Today and the next 36 hours or so will be hectic for me as I work to complete a paper I've been holding off on doing these last couple of weeks. it's not big deal as I work best under pressure and it has to get done, so it will. My only problem are distractions and my ADD will take hold. I plan to hole myself up in my school's library building all afternoon and into the evening. (4-10 PM) in an attempt to get it done.

Once this is done, I'll be finally re-writing a new request thread, I've had the same silly ones since I joined here and they're in no way indicative of how my 21 year old mind works compared to my 18 year old mind. Honestly, I still love like every single kink on there, but I've lately trended more towards a darker side... I have a certain large Bear to thank for that... cough cough... but honestly, I'll probably start to rework it this weekend and hopefully get something nice and pretty done.

Also... a poll as I recently changed my avatar... do you guys like it? Should I change it? What to?

Here I go rambling again, time to go force myself to stare at a computer screen all day and try and get the creative juices flowing. Here goes nothing!

HeyThereLittleBear said:
Smoochie Smoochie boo. :heart:

Work on your paper

Lolololol easier said than done. Ha. Just found out every single one of my variables for my paper was coded the wrong way. So at least I've got that going for meeeee.... not. ugh.

Captain's Log: Day 6
Optimism: Cofffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thursday April 20, 2017
--------------------------
I stayed up until about 4 AM this morning. Woke up at 8 AM. Paper due at 4 PM. I've had three, going on four, cups of coffee in the last 12 hours.

I went from absolutely nothing on the paper yesterday at about 4 PM to know 3,000 etching towards 4,000 words and likely between 15-17 pages.

Here goes nothing.

I'm just ready for it to be done. Haha.

I am so proud of you for getting your paper done! And you're studying at the feet of Little Bear for stories? You're such a good boy! *hugs*

HeyThereLittleBear said:
I'd say he's studying more under my boot than at my feet ;)

I couldn't resist making this joke

....beary funny you.

I didn't mean to type it that way but I'm going to leave the little pun

AnnaBeth Belle said:
I am so proud of you for getting your paper done! And you're studying at the feet of Little Bear for stories? You're such a good boy! *hugs*

Indeed. Hahaha. Now if only I can get ahold of you when you have a little bit of free time next haha

Captain's Log: Day 7
Morale: Rising
Optimism: Restored

Friday April 21, 2017

Today was a good day. No more paper, so now I can focus on finals next week. I slept in and skipped my Friday class and went to see a movie today... I've done absolutely nothing today, but I have begun to restructure and create a brand new request thread... so be on the lookout for that sometime this weekend. Always looking for some new fun.

Cheers for now!

Off for more drinks.

Captain's Log: Day 8
Morale: Restored... for now
Optimism: High

Saturday April 22, 2017

So far a great day. Woke up relatively early and have been productive... cleaning around the house, weeding the yard and spraying it. Got a reply out to someone I've been meaning to for a couple of days. Nothing too exciting for my Saturday. Hopefully going to finish my new request thread at some point today, so be on the lookout for that.

I might go to the park tomorrow... I just really like the swings.

Who knows what you might run into at the park though, lots of fun animals too.

Captain's Log Day: 9
Morale: Relatively High
Optimism: TBD

Sunday April 23, 2017

Pretty boring day. Went to church this morning. Then got a fire reply off to my new awesome role-play with AnnaBeth, which you can check out Here. it's sure to be a fun time. I didn't get to go to the park today, which kinda sucks, but maybe I'll go with a friend another time soon.

Finals start this week. Wheeee. Not to much honestly to worry about. Here's hoping I'm not under thinking this, but I feel I'm not

Life is pretty alright right now. Hoping to lock down a potential summer job or two down this week, so wish me luck!

Captain's Log: Day 10
Morale: Super High
Optimism: Even higher

Tuesday April 25, 2017

Today was a great day. LDOC was today, but my last day of class was technically yesterday, so I spent the day relaxing and doing nothing.

Tomorrow the studying starts for the exams on Thursday and Friday. I'm not terribly worried though.

Oh... today was extra fun cause I got to meet a special friend for 'dinner'... it was very nice to finally see them after a while.

That's all for now!

CApatain Log: Day 11
Morale: highish
Optimism: high

Sunday April 30, 2017

Hey ya'll. I should be getting out all my replies I owe anyone today. I've been busy trying to prepare for the three exams I've got this week, so that explains why I haven't responded to your PM's or the threads. I'm going Going to try and get caught up heading into the new week.

Hope you're all well!

Captain's Log: Day 12
Morale: Growing Lower
Optimism: Iffy

Monday May 1, 2017

Today was actually a pretty good day right up until dinner. I'll get into that in a moment, but what made today so great has to be that I got the internship I interviewed for this past Thursday. I wasn't expecting to hear back from them until Thursday or Friday, so that was a great surprise in and of itself. Got to really 'chill' today and try and focus on the three exams I have left this week. Thursday can't come soon enough... I've got two 8 AM exams on Tuesday and Wednesday and then an 11 AM on Thursday.

And then... just when you think everything is going great, you hit a brick wall. Nothing happened to trigger it... I was sitting there enjoying tacos and watching the evening programming my family and I watch, and then BAM... like a blinded boom on a tack on a boat... (sorry for all you non-nautical people out there... a boom is basically the noise a large metal pole makes when it hits your head during sailing. It's not supposed to happen, but sometimes it does.)

So... here I am. And it fucking sucks because I can't do a damn thing about it...

Yes, I know I need to see a doctor or therapist, but I don't have the time... or money, to do so right now. So I'm left just hoping I won't hit these brick walls. Sometimes writing helps, so I may take a break and try to make some replies to some people here and there... we'll just have to see how I feel as the night goes.

Depression is a bitch... a silent whore that creeps up and smothers you until you're barely able to shake it off so it can go prepare for the next round.

I love you all dearly, and will probably start being able to get replies out soon. I've just gotta make it through this hump....

Much love, and strong winds....

-Sam

It feels like there isn't much I can do, but you are clever and gentle, and I know you'll be able to go through. Hugs and best wishes from the other side of the ocean.

Captain's Log: Day 13
Morale: Higher
Optimism: Here and there

Thursday May 4, 2017

So... I should start out by saying May the Fourth be with you....

I'm sorry. I can't help myself sometimes.

Today are the last day of my exams. I'm just about officially done with my junior year of college! Wow... that's just insane to type see or even think about.

I'm about to be forced to be an adult. Ha!

So with me finishing up school today, I figured I'd celebrate by replying to everyone in the next 36 or so hours. I want to get them all out by the end of the day, but no promises with stuff busily going on at home.

I love you all and thank you so much for your kind patience.

Best,
Sam

Congratulations! Much love and hugs, sent through the amazing power of the Internet!

Back
Top Bottom