Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love for system games?

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I've noticed that system games seem pretty sparse here, and the one I offered to GM didn't have much interest. Are system games just not really liked here...or is it the combination of group and system games?

i would love to get into them, like i was with yours before i found out/figured out/was told it was city based only. The problem with them here is that we don't have a large amount of system players.

That's what you think. I managed to scrounge up enough folks on here to run a game. It's just play by post doesn't work so well for ttrpgs.

The fact that you had to scrounge is still a significant difference, though. Normally players are climbing over each other to take part in them.

I didn't really scrounge, I found four individuals quite easily. Also have some open invitations to others if their schedules allow.

It's just that a good number of group rps die here.

Fate Core is pretty rules light and pay what you like/free. The rulebook is detailed and engaging, but even better: really easily summarized for all that. Even easier: the character sheets they provide on the website are form fillable pdfs.

It leans more towards a narrative angle, so it could be more manageable in terms of on boarding people who haven't or don't often play pen 'n paper. Might translate better into a play by post way. Also very flexible, can apply to any story.

tl;dr version: it's easy and (legally) free.

I very much enjoy system games but I prefer to play them off the site, play by post doesn't overly appeal to me because I like the interaction with the other players in person (or as in person as the internet allows for). I am apart of two campaigns at the moment and about to join a third.

The people that enjoy them are here, you just need to find a group that works well together with you. :)

Yes I do, I have two campaigns I am a part of on Roll20 and I play with a group of friends locally. I have gotten into playing different systems fairly often ^^

She's part of my monday morning crew.

I run Lamentations of the Flame Princess.

Hmm, since there's some interest in TTRPG's we should create a thread for favourite house rules.

Back
Top Bottom