Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

BeautifulDistaster420 x Traveler

It felt oddly familiar to put in her pass code for the entry gate into Victoria's home. Talon was distinctly aware of the fact that his truck was way below the pay scale of everyone in the neighborhood, and he felt what he assumed young black men might feel when they drove a car through an affluent white neighborhood. He felt out of place. Suspicious.

Talon paused to smooth down his shirt before knocking. He was nervous... it felt like a date. Was it a date? Or was it just a... a planning meeting? He had brought her a bouquet of bright gerber daisies and at the last minute he nearly panicked. What if this was just a planning meeting and she laughed at him? What if she slapped him for presuming that...

But when she opened the door he drew in a surprised breath. She was fresh. Breathtaking. She was perfect.

"Hey..." he smiled at her, not sure what to do. "Uhm... I brought these. For you. Because they're cheerful and I thought that maybe you could use something cheerful..." he grinned. He was sounding like an idiot. "So. Do you have any suggestions for our, ah, situation?"

Victoria smiled when she glanced down and seen the flowers in Talon’s hand. As strange as it was, she had never been given flowers before, ever. Any dates that she had would come with diamonds trying to impress her but she appreciated the simplicity of the flowers, it was extremely sweet. “Thank you’ she smiled, taking the flowers from him and letting him in. “I could definitely use something cheerful in this house right now, there perfect” she said walking into the kitchen and filling it with water, setting the flowers in and walking back out towards Talon, setting them on the table.

“It’s really not much of a situation.” she told him with a soft smile. “Basically my father had the story planted, he has a deal with some press that if they keep him out of the negative spot light that he will give them, little bits of information, things they can exaggerate and turn into gossip. It will pass and you did still have your job. I’m so sorry that you keep getting dragged into this when all you were trying to do was your job” she told him with a little sigh. “But on a positive note, they’ll have new gossip by tomorrow and we’ll just be history.” she teased.

“So now that we got that out of the way do you still want to…” she paused for a second, pondering how to ask the question, she didn’t want to call it a date and have him be weirded out, but he did bring flowers, it was a date? Right? “Look I feel silly trying to guess” she laghed softly “So I’m just going to ask, this is a date...Right?” she looked up at him and nervosly waited for his answer.

Talon considered what she had said about her father. She was right, of course; there wasn't a lot to be done for whatever the gossip columns printed, but there was the matter of John's fiancee. Not that John cared if Talon was involved with Victoria... he still wanted Talon to be his best man, but it mattered to Lori, John's future wife. "I, ah, I suppose you're right about the gossip. It's just odd to be thrown out there like that. My friend John, remember him from the bachelor binge? He was worried about what his wife would think about it if his best man was, well... you know."

He cleared his throat, a habit that was fast becoming a trademark for his uncertainty around Victoria, and he smiled at her question. "I suppose it's a date if we both want it to be. So I guess the question is - would you like to go on a date with me?" He reached for her hand and then took it in his larger, warm one. "I'd probably follow you around and insist on driving you home even if you say no, so what do you say?"

Back
Top Bottom