Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

BeautifulDistaster420 x Traveler

He didn't like the smirk of triumph he thought that he saw in her reflection, and her 'Told you' was almost as loud as the shutting of a prison door. He sighed. It was bad enough when he made an honest screw up and had to pay the piper, but when he was certain that he was doing everything right and he still got screwed... it pissed him off. He flipped on the blinker and slid out into the street, his cruiser quietly navigating the dark streets of the city.

Victor Renaldo. The way the dispatcher said it sounded so familiar, like a name mentioned on the news but usually overlooked. "Alright," Talon finally said when they were still a few miles away from the station. "What is it I'm missing? What's so special about your father that you expected that the rules of society don't apply to you?"

He refrained from glancing at her in the rear view mirror as he drove. There was no reason to be distracted while he was behind the wheel; plenty of cops found out the hard way that they were just as susceptible to accidents as other drivers.

As they pulled into the station cruiser parking lot he could see that his supervisor was waiting outside, arms crossed and a frown on his face. For the Lieutenant to be there at three-thirty in the morning was not a good sign, and Talon felt the heavy feeling in his chest grow more burdensome. He nearly groaned in irritation as he turned off the car and glanced up at Victoria in the mirror. This was not going to go well for him, he could already tell.

Victoria couldn't contain the wide smile that was across her face, even letting out a soft giggle at the his face. He clearly had no idea who she as or who her father was for that matter, but he was sure about to find out.

Her eyes stayed on the mirror as they pulled off, the streets were quiet and hardly any one was out. The few cars that were, quickly moved to the side for the cruiser most of them being Dui drivers themselves, most people weren't out at three in the morning unless they were coming home from the bar or heading to work. "You really don't know do you?" she asked after Talon asked what he was missing and what was so special about my father. "Let's just say my father signs your pay checks, this ne cruiser, the new station none of it would have happened without him. I'm not saying I'm completely above the law, but I do NOT got to jail, especially for something like this." she sad back leaning her head back once more staying quiet until they pulled into the station.

Victoria smiled to herself as she seen the Lieutenant standing there looking less then placed, her eyes met Talons seeing he was clearly frustrated with the situation. The lieutenant didn't hesitate to walk over and open her door up "Tori, sweetheart. I am so sorry about this mix up. You can be sure Sergeant Eise will be dealt with properly" he says shooting you a dirty, irritated look. "Get these cuffs off of her, now." He scolded.

Victoria's eyes moved to Talon see the look on his face before she turned towards the Lieutenant "No, No really there's no need for that. He was just doing his job, he didn't know. He was very professional about it the entire time, there's no need for my father to hear of this" she sad to him. She had a change of heart, though she had threaten she was going to make him pay, she had no real intentions of doing so, he was a nice guy. "Very well, Sergeant Eise, take her back to her place and make sure the two company takes her vehicle home and I will talk to you about this in the morning" he said letting him no that even though Victoria said it was fine, he was in some trouble.

He was more than irritated. He was pissed. Not only did she think she was above the law, but apparently so did his lieutenant. Talon felt like he had just been dropped in a bad '70's cop show and was about to find himself tied to a chair in a dirty warehouse somewhere with a gun to his head. He watched the lieutenant open the doors for Miss Renaldo and call her by a pet name...

...shit, it was going to get worse, wasn't it? Talon got out of the car and walked over to where the other two were talking. It vaguely registered with him that his boss was ordering him to give her a ride home as if it hadn't happened... and that she was defending him. Really? Defending him now? He scowled slightly as he watched Lieutenant Braun ordering him to uncuff her.

This was one of those moments, wasn't it? When a man's true nature was tested, and he was put to the fire? Talon looked to his boss and then at Victoria. He saw something there... pity? Sobriety?

It didn't matter.

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant. I'm not going to do that. She meets all the criteria for a DUI and I'm putting in for a blood test."

A vein began to throb in the older man's forehead. "What? Are you that full of shit, Eise? Do you understand how deep in shit you are?"

The sergeant took a reflexive half-step back, never seeing his boss lose it so quickly. "I..."

"You what?!" Lieutenant Braun gritted his teeth. "I'm giving you one more chance to do this right. Take her back to her place and make sure the company takes her vehicle home, do you understand?"

"Yes Sir, I do. But I won't." He held his gaze with the lieutenant, knowing that she had been right; this was going to cost him. "No one is above the law."

Lieutenant took a few breaths, then he smiled at Victoria. "Don't worry, Tori... we'll fix this." He turned his gaze back to Talon. "YOU. You're suspended immediately. Give me your gun and badge, and report to me at nine tomorrow." He held out his hand.

Talon felt his heart clench. Motherfucker. He said nothing, just unpinned his badge and handed it to the lieutenant, then withdrew his pistol and released the magazine before clearing the chamber and handing the unloaded gun to his boss. He didn't bother to look at Victoria. What could she do? What would it matter?

Victoria stood there as the two of them went back and fourth, this was getting way out of hand. Why did he have to be so stubborn? Was it such a big deal that he took her in? She was starting to get a little pissed herself. She knew he wanted to do what was right, but at the cost of loosing his job? That's definitely where this was heading, especially after Mr. Braun demanded his gun and badge. Victoria had never sobered up faster then she did in that very instant, actually feeling bad for getting him in trouble but she sure as hell wasn't going to offer to spend the night in jail, No way.

Victoria turned around as Mr. Braun undid her cuffs, pulling her hands back in front of her and gently rubbing each of her slender wrists. Handcuffs were always a little painful. She smiled up at Mr. Braun nodding her head "I know we will, just give me a call in the morning if anything more needs to be sorted out and as always thank you for your help." she told him with a smile. She knew Mr. Braun since childhood, her father and him very good friends. He always helped to look out for her, not that her fathers money didn't play a huge part in that.

She walked Talon start to walk away after handing over his things, thanking Mr. Braun once more and telling him she was gong to catch a cab, determined to find out what Talons problem was and why he was being so hard headed about the situation.

Her heels clicked on the pavement as she followed after him, having to run a bit to catch him. "Wait" She said finally catching up and lightly grabbing his arm. "Are you crazy? You know he's going to fire you if you don't comply. Why are you making such a big deal out of nothing?" She asked looking up into his eyes.

He could hear the high-powered click-click of her heels as she hurried after him, and it annoyed him to no end that she was pursuing him. Wasn't it enough that he was being sent home like some truant schoolboy? He felt her grab his arm and he grimaced. Why did they always have to touch him? Why did people think they could grab each other for no reason, other than to force them to do what they wanted?

Okay, he knew that was a bit of an overreaction, but still... he turned to look at her, irritation and impatience evident in his eyes. "Look, he can't fire me for that. He can suspend me for three days and dock five percent for the next three months. It's insubordination; I've been through this before. Just... not here." Talon closed his eyes and then looked to the side. How did he explain this to her? She was still drunk, as far as he knew, and probably high too.

"It's not 'nothing'. Okay? It's the law. Innocent people die when people like you get back on the road, over and over again. I'm serious, Miss Renaldo; what if you had hit someone? You can obviously afford to hire a cab. Hell, you can afford a limo every night of the week, apparently. Driving yourself home is immature and selfish, not to mention downright stupid." His jaw twitched in irritation as he looked her over, taking in the soft flush of her cheeks an the earnest way she was looking at her with her blue eyes. It was almost enough to make him forget that he was angry with her. Not that it was necessarily her fault that her father had such pull, but because she was out there, having to be arrested for her sins.

He pulled his arm out of her grasp. "Now, If you don't mind, I'm going to go home and have that drink. I suggest that you not do the same."

Victoria stood there quietly as Talon went off, not that he was yelling at her but he was sure giving her a piece of his mind. She let go of his arm, raising her eye brow slightly as he finished talking, "Are you done?" She asked with a bit of a tone. Who did he think he was. Twenty minutes ago he didn't even know who she was, now he was making all these assumptions about her. Even though he was right, he had no actual idea if this was the first time she'd ever driven drunk.

"Are you kidding right now? You can't be that naïve to actual think that they would fire you by the books? Do you not realize how much pul my father has in the whole force, this town this whole damn state?" she asks looking up into his eyes. "If you don't cooperate then it's not going to end well for you. If my father catches wind on this they will find a reason to terminate you, maybe not tomorrow it could be months, but it will happen." she told him, trying to help him out.

"Second, you know jack shit about me, don't assume that I've driven drunk numerous amounts of time or put me in this group of 'People like me', How dare you. I have not done one thing to you and you just wont get off your high horse, stop being so damn stubborn." she says letting out a little huff. If you were some random officers she would have demanded that Mr. Braun fire you on the spot, she would have made true on her threat to make you pay for this but she had a soft spot for you and she just couldn't figure out why.

Victoria gave Talon a little bit of a look as he mentioned going home to have a drink. "You could at least give me a ride home after all the trouble you've caused tonight" she teased, she decided to push her luck a bit trying to lighten the mood a bit by teasing him.

She had a bit of a point; he didn't know her. He was assuming, and he had no way of knowing if he was assuming correctly or not, but he had a feeling he had hit the mark in his assessment of who she was an what kind of a life she had led. When she mentioned a ride home his eyes softened minutely.

"Sure... alright. I'll give you a ride home." He drew in a breath and nodded, as if convincing himself that it would be alright to do that one thing. He walked over to a silver two-door Toyota Tacoma and unlocked the passenger side door, holding it open for her. He looked tired, but he still remembered his manners, and he didn't seem to care that her custom-looking purse was probably worth more than his eleven year old truck. Once she was in, he reminded her to buckle up and then closed the door before walking to the other side.

The car was bare. Usually people had coffee cups or fast food bags in their cars, gum wrappers or some other sign of life, but his car was completely empty. He didn't even have something dangling from his rear-view mirror.

"Alright, princess." He climbed into the driver's seat and checked his mirrors before starting the car. "Where do you live?"

Victoria smiled when she seen Talons eyes soften, giving in and agreeing to give her a ride home. She walked over to his truck, following behind him, her heels softly clicking on the pavement. She could help but smile as he held the door open for her "Thanks" she sad softly before climbing up and slipping into the seat, rolling her eyes playfully as he told her to buckle up. God he was so a cop, but not like any one she had ever met. Most of the cops she came across were crooked in more ways then one, you were the only one who had even refused no to let her get away with anything and that peaked her interest.

She glanced around the truck as she buckled the lock into place, sitting back a bit. He was either really neat, or never drove in here, or just....she couldn't find the words but it was very bare, making her start to wonder what his actual home or apartment looked liker, her mind starting to wander a bit before the sound of his door closing and him slipping inside reeled her back.

She let out a soft laugh as he called her a princess, shaking her head some. That was a good one. "I'm right down the street from where you pulled me over, I almost made it home" She smiles "I really do appreciate this and I get that you want to do the right thing here but just let it go, it's really not worth it." She told Talon, being very genuine about the situation at hand.

He shook his head and let out a little laugh when she said that she lived right down the street from where he had pulled her over. "It figures. Look... if you'll stop driving under the influence, I promise I'll stop arresting you, okay? But it's worth it. It's not about it being you, or getting at your dad or anything like that. It's the fact that justice should be blind. We should all follow the same rules."

Talon pulled out of the precinct and began to drive towards her neighborhood. "I didn't pull you over because of who you were. It was because of what you did; that's how it should be. Would you want someone to be pardoned because they were rich if they broke the law? Is that the kind of world you want to live in?" He spared her a quick glance as he pulled into her neighborhood. "Anyway, it doesn't really matter, does it? It's not like it'll make a difference what I do." That was the closest he had come to admitting that his gesture was pointless.

The neighborhood was ritzy. That was the only description that jumped to mind. "So... is this your dad's house? Or your house that we're going to?" He felt completely out of place there; the houses were like mini-mansions. They came to a gate and he stopped there, turning to her for the passcode or key so they could get in.

Victoria looked over at Talon as he spoke almost feeling a bit of pity for him. He was almost naïve of the ay of the world. Did she want to live in a place like this? Of course not, but it was the way it worked. Rich people or anyone shouldn't get a pardon for anything, but they did. Money ran the world and those who had it pulled the strings, like it or not. She shook her head softly as she looked over, "I get it, really I do, but that's just not how it it. The world is a cruel and harsh place, eat or be eaten things that shouldn't happen, happen every single day and there's nothing we can do about it, especially if our suppler and bosses or parents for my matter are pulling the strings" she said to him.

"No, it isn't gong to matter, as horrible as it is, that's the truth" she told him honestly "Don't rock the boat because you will end up drowning, you seem like a good guy, but my father would destroy you in the blink of an eye and not loose any sleep of it, I'm only trying to help" she smiled.

"It's my place" she told him as they pulled up to the gate "6972" She told Talon, giving him the code to get inside of her place. As they drove down the path it was line with trees, apparent that landscapers were here weekly to keep the appearance up, and as they drove closer a huge lavish house coming into sight, sitting three floors high and quite beautiful. "Home sweet home" she smiled looking over at Talon as they stopped in front. She hesitated for a moment, wanting to ask him to come in, she wanted to spend time with him, wanted to get to know him a little more but it was clear he had a long night already. "Thanks again" she smiled opening up her car door.

The number was easy to memorize, too easy, actually, and he wondered if each home had their own code to track guests or if it was all the same for everyone. He didn't like gated communities; they gave people a false sense of security, in his opinion, but he knew that they helped to deter the petty criminal from getting in.

"I appreciate that you're trying to help," he said, eying the lavish homes. "I do. But you and I are from different worlds, and I'd never be able to have any respect for myself if I started to bend the rules to survive." He pulled up in front of her house and was reaching for his door handle so he could go around and open her door when she beat him to it. He paused, looking over at her. How was someone to be polite when she already opened her own door?

"You're welcome," he replied, feeling like a heel for simply sitting there while she got out of the truck.

He waited to see her get all the way in and close her door before he backed out of her driveway. He supposed he could have volunteered to go out and bring her car in for her, but he was certain that the lieutenant had people already on it. As he drove out of the neighborhood his hunch was confirmed; a uniformed officer was driving Victoria's car in, and he was followed by another uniform in a cruiser. They looked at Talon, their glances suspicious, but they simply passed him by at the gate and continued in.

His own home was less grand; he had a studio apartment in the center of the downtown district, the two perks being a space in the parking garage under the building and a balcony that had a glimpse of the ocean, miles away. Talon's life was routine; go home, lock the door and hang up his keys. Usually he took off his gun, but that morning it had already been done. He stripped off his uniform and hung it up and then pulled on sweats, then, barefoot and bare chested, he poured himself two fingers of rum and went to sit on his balcony and watch the sun rising over the water.

Nine o'clock was only five hours away. It wasn't long to await his fate, but it wasn't long enough to have more than one drink and then to go to sleep. He thought about the woman he had spent the morning with and wondered if that was going to be the last time he saw her. For his sake, he hoped so.

She gave one last smile to Talon before heading inside, punching in the alarm and closing the door behind her. It was a long night and she definitely hadn't expected and of this to happen tonight. She slipped her heels off at the door and headed upstairs to take a shower, wrapping a towel around her petite frame as she stepped on and slid into an over sized t-shirt and crawled into bed, quickly dozing off.

Victoria felt like she had just closed her eyes when she heard her cell phone ringing, grunting softly and rolling over, not ready to get up. But the calling didn't stop until finally it irritated her enough and she reached for it, her eyes squinting as her dads name popped up on the ID. "Great" she said to herself. "Hey dad" she said still groggery, pulling the phone from her ear as he started to scream, demanding that she came into the station right now. She sighed and hung up the phone. Her dad was pissed off about last night and as furious as he was with Talon for refusing, he was just as pissed at her for putting him in this position. She slipped out of bed, throwing her hair up and slipping into a pair of tight jeans, a white V-neck shirt that fit her body perfectly and some shoes heading out the door.

Victoria and her father were there before you arrived, the two of them having a spat in the hallway as you approached the hallways "God damn it Victoria, why do you do this? When are you going to grow up? Do you have any idea how big of joke this makes you look like? You're humiliating me and I'm tired of you ruining my image" He said to her through gritted teeth.

Victoria rolled her eyes, having a pretty terrible relationship with her father, sure he gave her everything materialistic but that's not what she wanted. "your image, that's all you care about. All you do is work and spend time with that trap, no wonder mom left you" she hissed back at him and before she had time to speak he slapped her hard across the face, stumbling her to the side. "You don't talk to me like that, now let's get in here and take care of this" he snapped at her turning and heading in the office.

Victoria stood there for a second, not aware Talon had just seen and heard everything that happened, running her hand over her cheek starting to turn and head inside, stopping when she seen him standing there. She didn't say anything, simply turning and heading into Mr. Braun's office.

He was sipping on a coffee, wondering what he was going to do with three days off and how he would manage with 5% less pay for the next three months when he heard an argument in the hallway of the precinct back offices. Talon paused as the arguers came into view. One he recognized immediately. Even tough she wasn't in a dress, her lithe form and the way her hair fell around her neck seemed familiar, as if he had seen her every day for the rest of her life.

The angry sounds from her father were harsh and unforgiving, and it was evident that they had had this argument before. Talon started to walk towards them when the slap rang out and he saw Victor nearly sending his daughter spinning with his strike. The elder Renaldo turned away and Talon locked eyes with Victoria and he felt like it had been his fault.

He swallowed hard. What kind of man did that any more? This wasn't the Middle East; women had rights, and chief among those rights was the right to not be afraid of their own father hitting them! He watched Victoria turn and walk into the Lieutenant's office, and a moment later he followed her in.

Talon had dressed casually for the meeting, not expecting there to have been anyone but Lt. Braun present. He was wearing black jeans and a long-sleeved blue tee shirt that clung to his well-toned, lean frame. And, because he had given up his badge a few hours earlier, he had a visitor's pass hanging around his neck. He eyed the Renaldo's warily before looking at his boss and nodding. "Am I early? Or late?"

Victoria looked pretty defeated when Talon walked in, completely avoiding his eyes especially after what he just witnessed in the hallway. Her getting slapped across the face like she was a child. She was pretty humiliated. She hated the way her father felt like he could lay his hands on her whenever she said something he didn't like. She knew she shouldn't have made that comment about her mom leaving but she got worked up and carried away, but boy did he slap her back to reality. Mr. Renaldo had a tough time dealing with her mother leaving and it didn't help that Victoria was almost a spitting image of her, so he was trying to deal.

Her head stayed hung a little low as she sunk down into the chair, Victors eyes meeting yours as soon as you walk in. "Sergeant Eise" He said extending his hand out for him to shake. "Let's get right down to business." He said with a nod, sitting down for a moment. "I understand you have a problem with the special treatment the department shows my daughter" he said looking over at her before turning his attention back to you. " respect that, I respect that you're just trying to do your job, but surely we can come to some kind of understanding." He sad pulling out his check book fully intending on bribing him.

Victoria shook her head some at her father, she knew he wasn't going to go for that. He wasn't that type of man and that's one of the reason she respected him. "Dad.." she starts to say softly before he shoots her a glare, instantly making her shut up.

"So what's it going to cost me? How much do you want to make this all go away?" He asked looking up at Talon "And let me just say Mr. Eise, be smart about this, do not fight me" He sad a little coldly. Mr. Braun stood there quietly not saying a word, but clearly ok with what as going on.

Talon looked at the extended handshake and then at Victor Renaldo, and did not extend his own hand to the man. He had no use for being falsely friendly to him, and there was no way he was going to shake the hand that had just slapped Victoria. He looked to Lt. Braun for direction but the lieutenant looked at Victor and the politician took the floor. Great. Now he knew who was running this show.

From the very first word that came from Victor Renaldo's mouth Talon felt like he was being covered in warm, putrid oil. The man was sleazy. The officer had spent some of the morning researching Victoria and her family, and what he saw made him both sad and disgusted. Once Victor was done trying to bribe him (which Talon also ignored), the young cop drew in a breath and made his decision.

"It's not the preferential treatment your daughter gets from the department that disappoints me so much as the special way you treat her. See... where I come from, men don't hit women. They protect them." His eyes grew hard as he stood and looked at the older, richer, and more powerful man. "Now... if you want to help your daughter you'll let her pay her fine and take the driving classes. And if you want to keep her alive, you'll hire a driver to take her to her parties. Otherwise you might be getting a call from us one night to inform you that we're scraping bits and pieces of Miss Renaldo off the interstate."

He glanced at Victoria, thinking that it would be a shame if that happened. She seemed so much more the scared, lonely kid today than she ever did, and the almost wondered if she was really just a hurt little girl inside. The anguish he had heard that morning in her voice seemed real... despite all her privileges she seemed lonely and scared.

Victoria's eyed widened as Talon refused to shake her fathers hand. Man he was really starting to make things difficult. Why couldn't he just cooperate, why was that so damn hard? As soon as Talon called out her father for hitting her, she shot him a dirty look. That pissed her off and surely pissed her father off. What did he care? He wanted her in trouble. He wasn't cooperating and he was completely stand offish to her Its not like I was his girlfriend, he's my father. Father's hit their children. Victoria shook her head to herself realizing what she was defending and kept her head down, still avoiding Talons eyes. She was humiliated right now.

Victor stood from his chair, his expression letting everyone know just how pissed off he was as he let out a little growl before he spoke, narrowing his eyes at Talon. "First off, what goes on between me and MY child is none of your concern, so I would tread lightly here." He told him, trying not to raise his voice. "Tor is old enough to have a driver, she has a driver, I can't force her to use one. Im more then sure my daughter had a drink or two, she wasted so wasted that anything terrible would have happened" he says sounding completely ignorant. "You want the fine and the driving classes fine, but this ends here. No papers, no official report, she will take the classes, not but the charge" He told talon and Mr braun, his eyes letting everyone know that this was not up for discussion. "Do we have an understanding? He asked

Victoria had enough, before anyone finished talking she slipped up from her chair and walked out, slamming the door behind her. Fuck everyone in there, she told herself heading down to the parking lot. She needed some air, she could feel her eyes tearing up from pure frustration and that wasn't something she was going to let anyone see.

"She's an adult, and what you did is called assaul-"

"Eise! Stand down!" Lieutenant Braun stood up and leaned forward on his desk, his knuckles white from tension. "You will not talk to Mr. Renaldo like that!"

Talon closed his mouth and stood there, his jaw twitching in irritation. Victor Renaldo laid down his terms, and the lieutenant nodded, agreeing to them all.

"Of course... that is very generous, Mr. Renaldo. Thank you for your understanding. I'm sure that in the future-"

"In the future if I have to come here and straighten out any of this bullshit again someone is losing their job!" He glared at the impudent cop but his words were for Braun. "I assume that your department will deal with this trouble-maker appropriately." He used both hands to straighten out the front of his suit, obviously done with this discussion. "Now if there's nothing more to discuss, I have constituents to meet."

"Certainly. Thank you." Braun walked around the table and shook the man's hand, walking him out to his office door and saying something about golf on Friday. They spoke briefly, all animosity between the two wiped away, and then Victoria's father left the lieutenant to deal with his man.

When Braun turned around it was evident that the axe was about to fall.

Ten minutes later Talon was in the parking lot. He had been suspended not for three days but for seven. The rest of it was as he had suspected, and he had been given a written reprimand for insubordination, as well as a direct order to never bother the Renaldo family again. He wasn't one for obeying those kinds of orders, though, so when he spotted Victoria in the parking lot he began to walk towards her. Whatever had happened between them had been simply a matter of circumstance, and he wanted to make sure that she knew it wasn't anything personal.

Victoria needed to breath after everything that just happened inside. She headed out to the parking lot, inhaling the fresh air and feeling the warm sun on her skin, closing her eyes for a moment and taking a deep breath. It was beautiful outside and just for a slight second she forgot about what happened inside there, that was until she seen her father storming out to his car, the driver hoping out to quickly open up his door for him, hearing him talking to her step mother on the phone, complaining about hat just happened making her roll her eyes.

She started to dig through her purse to search for her keys, well purse was an understatement, it was huge, more like a tote bag then anything. Frustrated she set the bag on top of the hood and started to dig, still having no luck. It just wasn't her day today, frustrated she dumped the contents of her purse angrily and shook them out, sending things flying everywhere. "Great" She mumbled to herself leaning down to pick her things up. Once she glanced up she seen Talon approaching and rolled her eyes.

She really wasn't in the mood to deal with any of this, especially after what he had seen, she'd been more exposed to him in the five minute fight then she had ever even been with any lover she had, she hated to feel vulnerable and weak, fragile like a child. "What do you want?" she asks softly, tossing things back into her bag.

He was expecting her to cuss him out or just ignore him, but instead she spoke quietly, almost inaudibly. "Let me help you," he replied, kneeling down to help her scoop her belongings into her purse.

Usually a purse was a private place; sort of like peeking into someone's diary. He'd been raised to respect a woman's privacy. His family was old-fashioned like that... but he figured she'd want her personal effects back in her tote quickly before some paparazzi snapped shots of the things she kept close at hand. Some of those items might be a little bit embarrassing. Or.. a lot embarrassing. "Listen... I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry for how this all turned out."

He raised his gaze to look at her and his chestnut eyes sought hers out. "I don't know if I would still handle last night the way I did if I knew what was going on with your dad but... I never meant it to cause you to be hurt. Only helped." He put the last few things into her purse and paused before standing up and offering her a hand. "I just want you to know that I'm not mad at you for what happened back there."

"I don't need your help" she almost snapped "I think you helped enough" she said taking her things from him and tossing them in her purse. Though it wasn't his fault, she was mad and had no one else to take it out on. Poor Talon.

She let out an irritated laugh as she grabbed her keys, turning to face him. "You're not mad at me for any of this? Your fucking kidding me right? I warned you, over and over, I tried to help and you through it in my face. I helped at the club, I tried to help when YOU arrested me. This is all your fucking fault!" She yelled at him not taking his hand as she pulled herself to her feet.

"You got your way, be happy. At least one of us is" she said sharply, sliding her bag over her shoulder and side stepping him a bit "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go get wasted and do this all over again" she said hitting the unlock button on her keys walking over towards the drivers side and opening it up, tossing her bag inside.

He was about to follow her, to try to convince her not to go and get herself into any more trouble, but he caught a glimpse of Lt. Braun watching him, and Talon had to let her go. He dropped his gaze, feeling himself shamed for letting the fear of losing his job keep him from doing the right thing, but he was already reeling from the financial hardship that his suspension and docked pay was going to cause.

She was so mad... it probably would have only made her drink more and party harder if he told her not to. Talon slid into his truck and started to drive home, his mind going through the events of the past twenty-four hours over and over again, trying to figure out if he had done the right thing, but every time he went through it he came to the same conclusion. Yes... even knowing what had happened he would have done the same thing.

Half the night had passed, and he still couldn't get his mind off of Victoria, so he grabbed his keys and got into his truck. It was a long shot, but he was going to drive around in the off-chance that he found her or her car. He didn't know what he'd do if he saw her, but he had to look. If he didn't and she turned up in the morning news then he'd never forgive himself.

seeing the look on Talons face as she started to yell made her feel bad, it wasn't his fault. if she would have never drove drunk they would never be in this position, but god why did he have to be so stubborn, he got the both of them into some shit when it all could have been avoided. Tori had one thing on her mind and that was getting drunk enough to forget about all of this, most of the time that's why she drank to just escape her own pathetic reality, to everyone she had it all but in reality she had nothing.

Talon was on her mind most of the night, she didn't know why but she felt something for him and that bothered her, she didn't even know this guy and look what had come from it. she headed out to one of the nightclubs with some friends, drinking and dancing, trying to have a good time. When the night came to an end, she climbed in her car and stared it up, but Talon pop into her head. "fuck" she muttered to herself, turning the car off.

It was a gorgeous night out and instead of calling a cab, she decided to walk the few miles back to her place, mostly just to clear her head. she was wearing a red dress that clung tightly to her frame. a little black thong and a pair of heels. She wasn't wasted, but she was definitely too drunk to drive and it showed a bit in the way she walked, swaying in her steps a bit.

She wasn't at the club where he found her car, and Talon knew that it wasn't too far to her house from there. A few miles at best... he was hoping that she would have called a cab, but there was no sign of that either. He knew that he was being stupid. He had been ordered to leave the family alone... but he just couldn't let it go. What if she had gone home with some rapist? What if she wandered out on the freeway and got killed? What if some gang saw her and decided to...

He couldn't stand it. The worst part about being a cop was that you saw the worst in society. You knew what people were capable of, and it was sickening.

As he slowly patrolled the streets in his truck his headlights lit on a shapely woman, her red dress showing off every sexy curve of her body, and her strutting, swaying walk on those impossible heels indicating that she was fuckable drunk. He was both relieved and scared that he found her. Relieved, because she as alive... scared, because he had to make a decision now to engage her or leave her alone.

He pulled in front of her and stopped the truck. He could see her in his rear view mirror. It wasn't even evident if she noticed him yet, but he wasn't going to wait to find out. He turned off the engine but left the lights on before climbing out and walking towards her.

"Victoria? Let me give you a ride home. It's not safe out here for you." Not like that. She practically screamed "RAPE ME PLEASE!"

He hoped she recognized his voice, but he was concerned that she'd either throw her purse at him and scream bloody murder or she'd call her father.

Victoria knew it wasn't safe for her to be out her like this, in the middle of the night walking through some touchy parts of town. a lot of rapist stalked out club and bar areas, just waiting for a drunk women to stumble home. But she didn't care, not tonight. it was careless, she knew, but hell what did she have to loose?

She hadn't even made it half way home before Talon found her, stumbling and swaying around. She didn't even notice him stop his truck, completely unaware of anything that was going on around her. She heard his voice and instantly recognized it, it was something she couldn't get out of her head.

She looked up at Talon, looking a bit confused. What was he doing here? How did he even find her. She was actually glad to see him a small smile coming across her face before it faded when she heard his words. "What's not safe? I'm not driving, you should be thrilled" she said, her voice full of sarcasm. She continued to walk towards him, her heels clicking on the ground. "I'm fine Talon, believe it or not, I can take care of myself, Purse full of pepper spray and all" She said continuing to be a smart ass. "What are you even doing here?" she asked softly, letting her hard exterior drop for a moment.

He flinched when she said that he should be thrilled that she wasn't driving. Yes, he was glad that she wasn't behind the wheel... but he was deeply concerned about her too. How could someone party like that, night after night? She was crying out for attention. It felt like she almost wanted something bad to happen to her, as if she needed something bad to happen.

"I was worried about you." He stopped and waited for her to get closer, not wanting to be seen as a stalker. His voice was quiet and firm, and he watched her walk-stumble-sway her way forward. Yes... she was a temptation in her current state. Anyone with nefarious intentions would see her as an easy target. Easy and luscious... and if she survived such an encounter it wouldn't be without it's damages.

"Please, let me take you home, Victoria." He scoffed at himself lightly, wondering at the insanity of how tangled up he felt himself getting with this woman. "I owe you that." Then, crossing the last few feet between them, he slid his arm around her waist to steady her and began to walk her back towards his truck. He didn't want her to fall and hit her head or to decide at the last minute that she was going to run the opposite direction. The traffic was slow that night, but there was still the occasional passing car on the road. He could imagine her making some dramatic gesture like running away and wind up darting in front of some passing semi.

Besides... it wasn't like he had to be at work the next morning. Aside from John's wedding that weekend, Talon had nothing else to do for the next week besides worry about her.

Back
Top Bottom