Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you have any hobbies?

I have various hobbies, from playing sports (basketball, football, soccer, baseball, but I hate watching them on television) to simply sitting on my back porch and losing myself in a good book. World-building for RPs is pretty fun for me as well, though that probably doesn't count in this conversation!

I enjoy map-making and alternative history as well, though mostly the grand strategy video games type. For map-making, there used to be a program called Campaign Cartographer 3 that was excellent for making maps, especially for RPs. For alternative history, if you like computer games as well, try Victoria II. It has a steep learning curve but its very accurate, set between 1836-1936. Every country that existed in 1836 is available, and if you play as America and initiate the Civil War, you can pick either side. Even the choices you make beforehand can decide which state sticks with the Union or sides with the Confederacy. But like I said, the learning curve is ridiculous.

I forgot to mention I take awesome photos. c:

I love video games. Right now I've been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf and it's an all time favorite. There's lots to do like decorating your house, dressing up, bug catching, fishing, talking to animal neighbors, special holiday events, earning money... It's relaxing and without a concrete goal, so it's easy to lose yourself in.

I've also been watching TV with my parents. I don't like watching TV by myself, but it's fun when I watch it with other people. We've been watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Those are fun shows you can get involved in, and it's especially satisfying when you yell out a correct answer.

I think it's fascinating the way the process plays out. Many times, you don't even have to "go looking" for a particular hobby, i.e. researching what it's all about. The hobby will come and find you! Also, certain hobbies seem fixedly to seek organization where none is required, and such organization by its nature can destroy the hobby, as is happening right now among the scrap-bookers. Their hobby is turning into a civil war! Well, actually, it's not that civil.

@UnluckyGambit

So why don't you use those stories you created into your RP? Likewise a story of that Black Templar Astartes.

Mostly because they're very undeveloped, and have very niche interest. I'd have to take some time and convert them to a more appropriate format.

As for that Black Templar Astartes, there is already a story out for him. I believe it is Helsreach? I think that is it or it is something close to that.

-Writing stories/screenplays/fanfictions (Although no inspiration has been coming to me as of late which has been thoroughly annoying me)
-Listening to music
-Singing (Though not always in front of others and typically with the song on in the background. I'm working on getting over my anxieties with this x.x)
-Playing piano
-Typing up my lessons for HEX (Some could argue this is an obligation. Partly true, yes. But I find myself learning and thus deem it a hobby also since I'm always improving my skills and abilities in/with HTML)
-Reading books/manga/both
-Watching online TV shows/anime/both
-Looking up pictures to use for OCs/characters
-Spoiling Veinexes & my kitten Ares
-Playing video games (on consoles and/or Steam)

There's probably more but those are the things that immediately come to my mind.

Well aside from the obvious (roleplaying), I love to read and write though I'm less of a fiction type of writer and a lot of my focus tends to go toward opinion pieces, blogs, humor, etc. I also love to collect out-of-print horror novels from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s because some of them were just so bad that they're fascinating and good. Sort of like how V.C. Andrews couldn't write for anything, but her books were just so badly written and filled with so much awfulness that she is easily one of my favorite authors (may she rest in peace) because of that. I have respect for the awful things in life. lol I love, too, to play video games. Even though my Xbox is dead (and probably can't be revived), I still play on Steam. Of course, I play a lot of horror-based games like Amnesia, Outlast, Left 4 Dead, etc., which I sometimes record to place on youtube for friends to laugh at me and my lack of skill. Other things I love...hmm....I love editing pictures in Photoshop specifically for the characters I have and play (I only possess a few pictures that I didn't make myself), I love looking at photographs of women because I have a strong appreciation for how beautiful women are in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Since I'm not a fan of watching television too much, my preference for programming lies on youtube. I love the gamers especially and might have convinced myself at some point that I'm going to marry SeaNanners. lol Just don't let him know, I want it to be a surprise. That's about it!

Parkour (pretty much my only source of exercise at this point, aside from climbing an inhuman number of stairs at work)
Vidja Games (mostly strategy or RPGs. I have a bit of a power complex, so the affinity for the first is obvious, and I like good story)
Roleplaying
DMing / Worldbuilding
Reading

I build and ride motorcycles, have a penchant for horse back riding, generally like to spend my free time shooting firearms these days if I'm not weight lifting or working one of my three jobs ( IT SysAdmin, Security for a Night Club and Car Salesman. . . my fetish is money?).

SV6.jpg

1st Gen SV650 with a Ducati Monster rear cowl​

1329444536567.jpg

Horse with DRZ Fairings​

DSC01156-1.jpg

Stupid custom AR​

I kind of miss writing with people, but things tend to go down hill and they disappear. Though that's just the way the game is played. In the twenty years I've been writing with people online, I've only managed to finish ten plot lines.

I'm probably a sucker for continually trying, but thus far my record sits at finishing one every two years. It's either that or I really suck. :D

If I switch out the internals, it can shoot at full auto. These days I tend to keep it semi-auto as I've been doing more marksmanship with my relatively new scope.

I collect piercings and tattoos.So far,I have 7 piercings (Cartilage x2,lobe x2,snake bites and my septum). I also have 2 tattoos.

Some hobbies I have are: Videogames, playing guitar & singing, fishing, geek-boardgames, being too sexy for my shirt, and warhammer 40k.

Back
Top Bottom