Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you have any hobbies?

Southern Dream

Planetoid
Outside of RPing of course. :p

I myself, enjoy making alternative history maps. I also get a lot of inspiration from map-makers on DevientArt, mainly from QuantumBranching and RoyalPsycho.

I am proud to say that I have a few maps under my belt. :D

Well, I like to write. And I'm talking just writing stories in general, not RP-style. I also play video games, read, watch anime and play piano (among other stuff, but those are the biggest bunch for me). It's good to have outlets...goodness knows I need them. >.<

Same here. My two best friends are in a committed relationship with each other, so I cannot spend as much time with them as I would like. So my own hobby helps with boredom greatly.

For me it's not so much about boredom as it is for other things/reasons. Like keeping my mind occupied. <.< But, I get your meaning nonetheless. And my hobbies are pretty much all things that are sort of 'solo' type stuff. Yeah. I'm kind of an introvert like that. XD

Yea, I tend to feed off of the energy of other people. Like, I am only an extrovert if the person I am talking to is.

Well, there's a hobby that has me... I am a supporter of the Soldiers' Home Railroad Club. Every so often I'll bring over a box of "old train stuff" and work with the guys on a Tuesday or a Thursday. When I was active in the hobby on my own, I'd get stuff for two, two-fifty that costs $29.95 now. Mostly, my use to them, it seems, is as a "third vote" when "The Two Donalds" are divided on some subject. There's grumbling about this, to be sure, but there would be anyway....

Postscript: I'm into "Alternative History" too; I have been since I read "If the South Had Won the Civil War" by MacKinlay Kantor.

That is very noble of you!

Also, I enjoy Alternate History regarding the CSA as well! *See username.* :p

Southern Dream said:
Nice! I would do something like that, but I am not good with computers.

Its just about having a good sense of space ^^
and alot of imagination...

Eh, it's all good in moderation. And it wasn't like anyone spoke up either. I get irked when people bitch and act like they've been bitching when, well, they haven't been and instead have been silently letting it fester. Shit is irritating.

Thats a good point... I gotta go to bed soon... Ugh... We should probably move any conversation thats not about hobbies back into chat.

Mhm. And.....

YES! haha!

More hobbies...... probably other things to do with music. I play piano like I mentioned above, but I also sing and just love to listen to music in general. It's a pretty big thing for me.

Oh I cant live without music! Like, I need time to listen to it daily. It so calming~ Or the opposite, if you find the right music. It really does change your mindset like a speech.

I wish I could play any type of music. I have a type of Arthritis that is not THAT bad. It hurts my fingers sometimes, but it makes my hands shake a little, and that does not work for any instrument. Plus, I just cant read musical notes. Its impossible for me.

I enjoy playing League of Legends. I main Nidalee in Middle Lane and I also take Caitlyn as ADC and Leona as Support. :p
I love to draw on my tablet, even though I'm not all that great at it...
Here's an example of my work...

For drawing on the tablet, (which is kinda unwieldy), those are good! The second one is really good in my opinion!

I cant draw humans myself, I do love map making though!

Southern Dream said:
For drawing on the tablet, (which is kinda unwieldy), those are good! The second one is really good in my opinion!

I cant draw humans myself, I do love map making though!

Tablet as in a Bamboo tablet, not nothing like an iPad or anything of that nature. :p

I think that's so cool, I would love to see your work! Like maps for games, for example, World of Warcraft?​

Well, so far. I have one about a REALLY OP Japanese empire, where the POD (Point of divergence from our timeline.) Was in the 1300, where Japan was not as isolationist as they were.

Another one, is where the first world war carried onto the second world war. Fascism and Communism still rose due to 40 years of warfare radicalizing the nations involved. The Confederacy also reformed, due to Americas discontent with the war. This one kinda more out there. I do have a few others.

I do some fiction writing, mostly fan stories, and they can get pretty lengthy. Of course, there's also video games. I used to play MMORPGs a lot but I haven't been able to find one that interests me for more than a few months for the past few years. Not since Star Wars Galaxies went down... Gaia Online has kind of taken the place of MMOs for me, not that it's a worthy replacement, but...

Besides that, I've been working on a free Star Wars game for the PC for fun. I'm also a cosplayer and a movie-accurate Star Wars costumer. I'm in the Rebel Legion and hope to be in the 501st before the next Star Wars Celebration.

I also watch a lot of anime...

Well, 'Dream, your premise about a Southern resurgence on this continent will certainly bear some conversation! Whether there'd be a role-play coming out of it or not is another matter, but there's only one way to determine that!

Back
Top Bottom