Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Professor, can you help me? (Charliesweb7 & Sho)

charliesweb7

Supernova
It was a beautiful August day. Then again, the weather in Miami was generally good. The winters weren’t all that cold, sunshine and of course the beach. Even the Keys were incredibly enjoyable but now everyone was getting back into the hustle and bustle of school. Eh, somewhat. It had only been a week so far. So people were still adjusting. The campus was particularly alive today. People resting on the grass and chatting, people outside and practicing their elements (which you know caused some chaos and pranking). Just a general feeling of happiness on campus. The girl made her way through, holding onto the bag slung across her body. A soccer ball rolled onto her path and then hitting a tree before coming to rest. Someone shouted “Yo! Over here!”, wanting the ball back. The girl smiled before going a few steps to the side before then sending the ball back with a sharp kick. Everyone had normal lives here. They all played sports, did music or dance. And in those cases, your powers could not help you. In every game, meet or match, they had little black boxes that inhibited powers. Relying on your natural ability. That may be the only case where they were anything like “normals” besides being humans.

Normals...the freaks of natures. The degenerates, the screw-ups...there was lists of derogatory terms for these people. It was their genetic mutation. Being born without powers. Which is exactly who Reed Breccan Kessler was for 18 years. She was a normal. Her family had a long lineage of greats. Her mother’s family was great Earth and Air benders, very successful in their careers and such. Her father’s side was all Water benders. Her father actually stepped out a bit and married and Earth bender. They were highly respected in their fields and their children were great benders as well. All except Reed. She was just...normal. She could always tell her parents were a bit upset that she was normal. But they never said it nor did they try and treat her any different. Only other kids who picked on her for being normal. She was in a different school than her siblings, one for the ungifted. She excelled in school and sports, but she was just missing the one thing. A power. Finally, she had had it. She was tired of being normal. Of being an outsider and picked on. There was a doctor a few hours away who promised her a new life. So she saved up money and once she was 18, she had the surgery. He told her the risks. Powers going haywire, takings years or so to develop, losing powers and even death. But she still went through with it. And she got water bending. Of course, she was able to control simple things in every element.

She headed up the stairs, then going into one of the buildings. She would be meeting with a professor today about tutoring. She was doing just fine in the non-magic classes. The other ones? She was really struggling. On her own, she had been teaching herself for the past 2 years. But she could only teach herself so much and explore without hurting herself or something. And in college? She was so far behind. This professor had a class after one of hers. He would always come in and erase the boards after, setting up. She had sat in on one of his lectures, of course in the back. He said he was willing to help any student with any problem. So she decided to go to him. She had sent an email and he said that he was flattered that she had asked him. They were to meet today. In his office. C-207 at 1pm sharp.

Reed was wearing a pair of worn and washed jeans shorts, a few rips and frayed ends in them. They were also splattered with various colors of paint. Was that the way she bought it or did she do it herself? You couldn’t really tell. On her feet were a pair of multi colored running shoes in shocking colors. Green, Blue, Orange, Yellow. On her frame was a plain white v-neck shirt, some black details at the trim of the v-neck. It highlighted her bust very well. She was busty to say the least. She had that hourglass shape, but she wasn’t very skinny. Nor was she fat. But she did have a fair amount of meat on her bones. She liked to consider herself womanly. You couldn’t see her hips bones, she didn’t have a thigh gap or a protruding collarbone. And she liked it that way. But she was athletic and toned as well. Her golden brown hair, with reddish tones in it and it fell to past her bra line. It was a mixture of colors, hard to exactly pinpoint. Her eyes were hidden by a pair of small aviators that she slid into her beachy waved hair one in the building. She had ice blue eyes, indicative of her being a Water bender. Perhaps a tint of green or gold in there as well. Each bender had eyes to match. Blue eyes for Water. Green for Earth. Gold or Amber for Fire. And Gray or very...very pale blue for Air. She pressed her lips together before approaching the door. The plaque on the side read C-207. This was it. She saw that it was propped open. She knocked on the frame, standing in the doorway. “Professor Leon?” She asked gently, hoping she did not startle the man. Her one hand laid against her hip with the other held onto the strap of the messenger bag.

Thomas Leon took his time turning his head. "Yes?" he called out, giving permission to whoever was outside his door. He sighed as he lowered and placed a box by his table. "Wish I got these a week sooner; they're only going to last 2 days...." he remarked with annoyance. Regardless, he yawned and made his way to the door.

Today, Thomas decided to only wear cotton pants and a collared shirt that were both made from a material friendly to the weather. With his pants white and his shirt black, he had sandals and a few colorful bracelets on both wrists. Wearing a necklace that held a yellow/blue/red colored coin, he yawned again as he rubbed his head. Yeah, this guy was as laid back as they came, as his assistant, was resting on his head. He was pretty tall and not just because of his hair, as his eyes continued to change color just because they could.

"Ah, you must be Reed? Welcome~" he said, holding out a hand to shake her's. "Hey Wanita, get some tea please?" he said, looking upwards.

His assistant made a typical sound, as the monkey jumped off his head and slid down his back, before heading towards the other side of the room. While standard, there was the noticeable fact of actual tree branches that attacked from the outside of the building, and into the ceiling itself, bringing this room a bit closer to nature. Personally he wished that he could get some palm trees....

"Hope you don't mind ice tea by the can~" he remarked, as he snapped his fingers. His monkey appeared again, hanging on a branch that grew downwards, where she held two cans: one by her arms, and the other by tail. He took the one in her arms, while she offered Reed the one that her tail held. "So please, sit down with me~" he remarked, turning away and poping the can open as he walked to this table.

Reed looked to the box he made a comment about, wondering what it was. Food perhaps? She treaded into his office, slowly at first and just a few steps. She looked up to him when he held out his hand. She did notice the monkey upon his shoulders. Well... alright then. "Yes...I am Reed..." She added, grasping his hand and shaking his hand. Her blue eyes glanced around the office, noting things.

"Oh, I am fine..." She mentioned about the ice tea. She thanked the monkey though, taking the can and moving over to the chair in front of his desk. She moved off the bag, setting it down onto the floor before she lightly took a seat. "Thank you for taking the time to meet with me Sir." She explained, crossing her legs and looking up to him. "I was wondering if you had the time to tutor me one on one..." She explained to him, tapping her foot softly. her body language screamed that she was nervous. And she was. Rightly so. Would she have to tell him? Or could she get away with not telling him?

"So from what I understand." he responded, referring to her email. "Ah...." he sighed, drinking his tea. Helps the soul in more ways than one, and the body as he smiled at her. "From what I remember, I think that I may have seen you in my class at least once...?" he asked, as Thomas eyed her up and down while drinking his tea. Yes, she was familiar to say the least, as he knew that he had seen her from somewhere before. "So why don't you tell me more on how I can help you? You decided to choose me despite not being in any of your classes from what I can understand..." Thomas stated, as he looked at a list of students in front of him.

"Yup, no Reed in my list...." he pointed out. Personally, he did enjoy helping students with whatever issue(s) they had during their courses, but this was the first that one, who was never even a student of his to begin with, would ask him for help. Regardless, he was willing to listen to what she had to say as his monkey moved on to his lap again. He smiled as he opened the drawer and pulled out a small cup, where he poured some of his ice tea and the monkey took it in order to drink.

Reed decided to open up the can, placing it to her lips and taking a small sip. She was slightly shocked that he seemed to remember her in the class. She had sat in the very back in a very big lecture hall. She was surprised that he even remembered. "Yes. It was one the first day of classes...." She explained to him. "Is that alright?" She asked him. Did he think that was bad? Reed nodded her head when he spoke. He even made sure to check that she wasn't on his list. No, she wouldn't be on his list. She could have asked one of her own professors. But for some reason, Thomas seemed way more approachable to her.

"Well I need some help in my classes..." She replied to him, shifting in her seat. Her eyes watched as he poured some iced tea in a cup. She looked as the monkey took he cup of iced tea, drinking it as well. "I uh..." She added, wondering if she should really tell him right now. "I am having difficulties in my classes." She admitted. Well, that was honest. Even if it didn't seem like it might be honesty. "I was wondering if you could help me out." She asked him.

"Of course; I don't mind having anyone who is willing to learn in my class, relax in my class~" he explained. As he listened in to her explanation, he gave a nod after each sentence, just as his monkey left with her cup of ice tea. "Hmmmmm....." he said, nodding even more as she seemed shy. "And I am going to guess that you study the same subject, which is hardly surprisingly; this university really has requirements for students such as yourself." He leaned backwards. "So if you don't mind, can you be a bit more specific with where you need help?; overall knowledge regarding the subject, remembering how to properly use your abilities, or is everything just NOT clear for you?"

One thing that Thomas preferred when helping students, regardless if they were his or not, was if and when they were HONEST with him. Of course, there was also an odd factor about her; sensing the magical stature around all living things, he could tell that she wasn't an ordinary user.

"Oh, do I study plants? No..." Reed explained to him. "I am actually water." She told him. Well, that is assumed all she could do. It is what she had been studying and she could manipulate it at a basic level. She was unsure what element she was supposed to be. After all, it wasn't a science her surgery. She wasn't guaranteed to have one power. After all, the surgery could give her nothing for all she knew. Maybe she could manipulate everything? Yeah right. "I can understand the theory and I can read anything...I guess practice is sometimes hard for me. Getting in the right mental state and getting focused." She replied. That is what she really needed to

The way that he looked at her, she wondered if he knew something. Did he know her secret? Did he know somehow? She had been trying to keep it a secret... All required for this University was a good essay and a proof that she had powers. That was easily signed by a doctor.

He looked at her for a few moments before deciding to just go with her answer. "Fair enough. Water is actually easy to use in this field of study, but that doesn't guarantee excellence automatically; hardwork does. And the best type of hardwork, comes for those who work hard on something that interests said person...." Thomas leaned back and asked, "Tell me Reed, do you have a personal interest with this subject, despite it being a requirement? If you don't have a personal interest, I CAN help you find something that can influence you to have a bigger interest, thus, making it A LOT easier for you to understand; our minds work like that. So, do you have an idea on how this subject can you help you even after you're done with the course?" he asked, already predicting that she was going to do well and actually pass.

Water was easy...alright. Well if he assured her of that, then she would believe him. She just hoped he didn't backtrack and then say that it was too hard for him. "I do want to learn." Reed replied. "I just have a hard time staying completely focused when bending. Some people can get in the right mind set but I find it hard to block out everything." She told him. Reed so far hadn't told him the secret yet and she was wondering if she really had to. Probably, otherwise he would figure it out. But what if he reported her and then she got kicked out of school. This was really a slippery slope that she was going up. "How it can help me?" She asked. Uh, well she hadn't thought about that...

"Well for one thing, what if someone is dying in front of you? Just like CPR, this is an essential; think of all the good you can do if you have the right knowledge." Thomas leaned back some more against his chair. "Imagine if your child was injured, or anyone that was close to you in general. You would obviously want to do everything within your power..." he paused, before leaning forward. "...to make that much of a difference, no?"

Thomas stood up and added, "Blocking out what can help you isn't healthy; as humans, our minds value the crucial points of information that can lead to survival."

Reed furrowed her eyebrows at the mean, looking to him. "Well yes. I mean I understand that CPR can save someones life." She told him. "But how exactly is water bending going to help? I mean, can you take the water out of their lungs? Can you stop them from drowning?" She asked, wondering if that is where the line of thought was going. "But if I had a child, I would do everything to help them.." She explained to him.

"Water is one of the most gentle, yet most powerful elements out there; suppose when you make contact with it by gently making contact with it." He looked to the side to pause. "It's gentle, most of the time no? Yet, if you make contact with a waterfall, the way how water is introduced isn't as gentle as preferred...."

Thomas drank more of his tea and sighed. "Same could be said with fire, depending on its form. For water, the liquid properties exists in just about any living thing that you can thin off. Tell me Reed, given that you're one who is naturally an user of the water element, I take it that your parents were as well? Whenever you felt discomfort in your body, say stomach cramps, bloating, etc., did they every use a special massage on you to simulate your body's system?"

Thomas remembered that his last relationship was also an user like her, with water. And she would use such techniques to help his body filter out the toxics that he received from food poisoning a few years ago.

All of this was just going right over her head. Okay, so maybe she knew next to nothing about bending then. She was starting to feel very overwhelmed with all of this. Her heart was racing a bit and her palms seemed to be sweating a bit more. Wait..was that sweat?

Natural user...oh yeah. She was not. Great...Reed furrowed her eyebrows in concentration. She was trying to remember. "I am not really sure. I just...yeah. I don't remember." She told him, glancing up. She let out a sigh and then rubber her forehead. "Alright look....I used to be normal..." She added, looking to him and allow that to sink in. Now, would he report her? Or would he perhaps not care? Now he would understand that she was having a lot of trouble with her powers.

((So you kinda wanted him to already know? lol))

Thomas raised an eyebrow at what she said. "What do you mean 'normal'; did you experience something tragic? Oh wait, memory loss? I am sorry to hear that; there's incidents like that when dealing with magic." He suddenly frowned with displeasure. "I suppose not having precious childhood memories anymore CAN change one...."

He sighed as he finished his tea. "If you feel an identity issue, I can understand why you feel disconnected with your magic and this field of study." Of course, Thomas had no idea that she was claiming to not be a natural user of magic.

He wasn't getting it. She just decided to let it go. She told him straight up what had happened and he was too oblivious to see it. Was that a good or a bad thing? Eh, she was not sure at the moment. "Yes." She simply mentioned to him. If he thought she had memory loss...that is what they would go with. "Can you help me or am I just a lost cause?" She asked, frowning a bit at him. Was that what he was trying to tell her? She just hoped that he didn't start trying something to bring back memories that weren't exactly there...

He frowned as she asked him that. "Well I am not one who can help you with therapy, but I don't think that you're a loss cause; you're simply not guided on the right path." he suggested, as she did seem completely native to the aspects of a bender. Wondering about, he was curious about something about her. "I was wondering, do you either feel 'unstable'? I can help you if you're under stress or your mind is distracted."

He held out one hand. "If you don't mind, I want to give you a special massage that can be done with both your mind by magic standards, and with your overall system. This is typically used to remove stress by the help of another..." In truth, there WAS something that he was curious about if her magic wasn't stable, or something was hidden from him...

Therapy. Yes, that is what she needed. For someone to tell her that she is mental. With another sigh, Reed just felt overwhelmed with this man. Perhaps it was a mistake to go to him. "I just cannot concentrate. It is hard for me to block out everything else but what I need to concentrate on." She replied to him. Would he be able to help her or would he just drop it?

She looked down to his hand and then up to him. Magical massage? That didn't sound right. She was rather hesitant about all of this. "Perhaps it was a mistake to ask for your help..." She added, lightly getting up and grabbing her bag.

"Hey, I won't take 'no' for an answer." he said smiling, as he remained in the same spot. "You DO want to pass this field of study, correct? You're not the first to have difficulty in this class Reed..." Thomas assured her. "Between a teacher and a student, despite not directly, you have to trust me on this...." With that, he simply waited until she would give him her hand. "I'll only last for a minute, a teacher's promise."

He seemed to be pushing a bit to make sure that she stayed. Oh well, nothing by it. She sighed and nodded her head. "Yes, I want to do well in college in general Sir." Reed explained, her eyes looking and meeting his. He extended his hand again, asking to trust her. Could she? Perhaps...She slowly reached her hand out, placing her smaller hand into his larger hand. "Okay." She simply stated.

"Just don't get too comfortable..." he remarked, holding her hand gently. "...otherwise, you'll pass out~"

With a wink, he used a free hand to slowly touch her forehead. With the one holding her hand, he rubbed his thumb against her palm in small circles. Suddenly, a strange wave of relaxation was sent throughout the veins of her entire body. As if teasing the nerves in her body, everything was similar to as if you experiencing an orgasm escaping from you body. Although, not as intense, the relaxation felt better than waking up and stretching the moment you feel ready to wake up in the morning.

However, as he continued to send waves of his own magic, something was WAY off; normally, the amount of force/buildup that he sent to a human's body by magic, was requiring a lot more effort. And it was just not that; the responses from her overall systems were different than what he normally saw, despite obviously bringing pleasure to her.

Wait a minute.... he thought, as he looked at her but kept his expression the same with a smile.

Oh joy, that was comforting. To hear that she couldn't get too comfortable without passing out. Then where would that lead her?

Her blue eyes almost went crossed eyed trying to look at the hand on her forehead. It was a strange sensation, this feeling of relaxation washing over body. It was as if a lot of the tension was being released, her body suddenly lighter. Wow, it was an amazing feeling. She hadn't felt this relaxed in years. Especially since she got her powers and she had been having issues. She hadn't felt at peace in a long time.

"Wow..." She whispered in a gentle tone, her eyes slowly blinking as well. She looked to him, noticing he kept staring at her. It was a little unsettling to her that he continued to stare so much. "Is it supposed to relax you this much?" She asked, eventually letting her eyes slip closed. Wait, she was not supposed to get too comfortable. But dammit, it felt too nice. This just might be a problem...

"Well that means that it's working!" he joked, smiling as he saw her reaction. However, Why is her system so different? Does she have a birth defect? No; she would have a VERY difficult time here..... he thought, as this was strange.

As he continued to remove the 'stress', he finally realized something; her magic between her heart and mind was not naturally curved; it was as if someone- Oh.

Finally realizing what was up with her, he smiled and shook his head. So that's it, huh? He looked at her and released her. "Better? A mind can be distracted if there's actually 'too much' going on up there..." Thomas remarked, slowly trailing his finger on her forehead, just as he pulled it away.

Blinking her eyes again, she tried to make sure that she was staying away. Not like she wanted to pass out in front of him. But man was it hard to keep focused and not fall asleep. It was like he was trying to put her into a deep sleep. Perhaps one in fairytales right? Reed licked her lips, looking up to Thomas once again.

When he finally let go, she slowly seemed to be more alert. Even if she was relaxed, she didn't feel the need to pass out at this moment. "So...does that help me concentrate? Or just relax me?" She asked, straightening her body a bit more.

Thomas gave a nod. "Both, typically. If you ever feel stressed or unable to focus, then just let me know. But of course, we should get started on a few things..." Thomas said, pulling out some paper and started to write something. "Now, what I want you to review, is on chapters 2-5...."

And so he continued to explain more on the important subjects that was needed to improve, regardless even if she Was a straight-A student or not. Sure he would possibly need to spend an extra hour or two with her if needed, but it was coming all together perfectly. He hope to have an easier time with helping her in the areas that she couldn't fully comprehend, and he felt that he was getting more of an opened persona from her. Hopefully, it would get to the point where she wouldn't need his help anymore, and that was a teacher's responsibility.

"At least with these chapters, they're going to be the 'core' of many future topics; everything after chapter 5 WILL always reference to these earlier chapters. So if you can completely understand these 3 chapters, you won't have any trouble whatsoever with chapters 6-25...." he advised her, knowing how to help by this point. "I've always told every student that fully studying just those chapters consistently enough will make everything else understandable with little effort.

Back
Top Bottom