Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragons and Rouges {Whitewolf/Wildwolfking}

White-wolf

Probably drawing something
For a village girl she sure knew her way around the wilderness, at least her father had taught her something in the long haul. Plainly put village life was stupid and slow paced for her likes.

She would much rather hunt and be on the road of adventure than to be shoveling cow poop all day.

--- Some days later after days of travel.

"There it is." She assured herself with a slight grin as she made her way towards a distant mountainside castle, well it sure looked big and it could definitely accommodate someone like herself along with piles of loot.

She had always dreamed about living in a large house and just lying back and enjoying the view. But her dream was far from being a reality as she approached the old frost bitten doors.

Mainly because the owner of the estate wouldn't be too happy about her arrival...he wasn't even human to begin with.

Edward Rodrick Von Wulf the Second Esquire was lounging about his castle as usual. This was the most common event is his life. Lounge, terrorize the villagers, and get more treasure......that was his life currently. His treasure hoard was the only thing that attracted visitors now a days and it would always be some overly cocky young person or town drunk that would eventually work up the guts to challenge him for the aforementioned hoard. However, he had grown tried of the loneliness his hoard had consequently brought him, always knowing that any who came to visit were more interested in it than sitting down with him for tea and a nice platter of crumpets and finger sandwiches. He turned his head now, almost flinging his tam o' shanter from its' resting place on the crown of his head which covered his horns. "Joy another annoying twit of a human to "challenge me." He cursed under his breath, walking out of the mountain of gold coins he had fallen asleep in. He now went to the front door as usual, it being the entrance into his sizable abode, and waited for his prey to open it before lunging at them.

(Also yes I had the weird need to look up what that style of hat he has on is called XD)

Seeing that the door didn't open by it'self she pressed herself against the heavy door as it slowly creaked open. It probably looked ridiculous how she continued to loose her footing and then continuously ram against the door.

"now where would a dragon hide..." She muttered under her breath while looking around at the empty castle for the first time, wondering if the beast might even be there to begin with.

Well once she did come into view he'd probably be surprised to find that a female rouge was the ext challenger, surely he was used to the wannabee hero's by now.

"Hello...If you can hear me I'm not carrying a sword and I would rather strike some deals than to use brute force." She called out while continuing to make her trek down the main hall, surely if any dragon was still here they would have been amused to hear speeches about deals.

Edward laughed at her words, "If you don't wish to slay me then reveal yourself girl. I am a gentleman after all and will not eat you." He replied, beginning to look for her. "And don't you dare touch a single piece of my hoard.....I've seen enough of you tricksters to know that your kind is as greedy as mine." He added in an oddly angry tone. He had robbed of many pieces of his hoard through the years, the last occasion being the town mayor who stole a quite beautiful large silver statue that he had melted down and re sculpted in his own image.

For a moment her body froze as she heard some laughter in the background, well it appeared that he had found her first.

"Well, Yes I am kind of interested in some part of the loot...I won't lie. But I'd promise not to take anything that is of importance to you." She said calmly while looking in the direction of the voice, her green eyes scanning the area for any movement.As she looked around she came to a conclusion that the dragon must have been of a darker color in order to evade detection so far...hopefully that wouldn't be a bad thing.

"I only wish to strike a deal and get only as much as I need, you see I travel across the lands in search of valuables. I have no place of my own so basically I live from getting loot."

He sighed, "As much as I hate to admit we are alike in that way......alone with no companions to keep us company. .......If you desire, You may stay with me here. And you would be thus entitled to lets say........a quarter of my hoard? I think that should enough to keep you content." He quipped, coming out right behind. "And for the record dear, never try and hide from me in my own castle......makes you seem like a shady sort of person that I rather not would like to associate with." He remarked, picking her up by the back of her shirt to bring her to eye level. "So what do you say little girl, Willing to keep this old dragon company?" He asked, a kind of playful glint in his eyes.

"Well there is many like that really..." She said a bit surprised about his answer but she guessed the life of a hoarding dragon was rather lonesome.

"Deal, A quarter would be fine by me. And a room here would be too yes?" She seemed to have hit the mark and the moment she did even her voice changed. Well this was sure her lucky day she could have sworn that some complications might have happened.

"Also I don't act all shady unless I have too okay..." She quickly commented be fore being picked up to his eye level.

"Also Don't call me girl I'm a full grown and independent woman and a rouge." She quickly said while crossing her arms with an unamused tone. She hated being called by such 'small' names.

"Besides you magical creatures can take a human form no? or at least an illusion so don't call me small ether."

He chuckled again "Aye and I spirited one you are." He remarked, his from starting to shrink. Soon she would be held bridal style in the arms of an young Irish men wearing felt pants and a smoking jacket. His cornwall pipe still was between his teeth, "I'm not that old lass....well one hundred and two to be exact but we dragons are slow to age. Also you will have offer meh something in return before i'll part with even a coin of my hoard or a bed to lay your head on." He stated, pulling out the pipe and waving it at her as he spoke. "I think that is at least fair on a count that you and your greedy ilk tend ta not be the most.........tidy sort when it comes to paying me a visit."

"I get that a lot too..." She said lowly at his remark before noticing that he started to shrink. It only took a while before she noticed that she was in the arms of a taller...and well very dapper looking man.

"Oh I see you are quite dapper in either form." She commented before taking a good look at his features, well he wasn't half bad for a dragon in human flesh that's for sure. Not to mention she'd have to remember the face of her new companion as well.

"Oh don't worry I like things being tidy...trust me I grew up on a gross farm and I left that for a reason." She said with a small smile before saying.

"Also my Name is Elora, what would yours be?"

He cleared his throat, "It would be Edward Rodrick Von Wulf the Second Esquire dear. And that is a lovely name you have. Now......what could I have you do.............How good are you at keeping things tidy dear?" He asked, taking a gold coin from his pocket and rolling it between his fingers as he waited for an answer. "Also as a part of your responsibilities as a resident of my castle you will assist in the repelling of your fellow adventurers.......What they steal from my hoard also makes for a lesser share of it for you." He added, glancing up at her.

"Well...that's a pretty long and fancy name if you ask me, I'm guessing that's a dragon thing isn't it? But thanks, I often found my name to girly for my likes." She responded after being told his name, not even the nobles she had stolen from in the past had such long and complicated names. "Well...I am good at keeping things nice and organized...as long as I'm not shoveling cow poop or dealing with farms though." She said while looking at him and relaxing herself now that her shoulders started to hurt a bit from being tensed up most of the time.

"And for the record flipping around a gold coin isn't enough to bribe me." She commented with a slight chuckle...really a gold coin to bribe her into work...not working here Ed...

"And when it comes to fights...well I'd rather rob em blind." She commented with a slight smile, she was used to bribing the weary and heroic traveler who would probably be looking for a dragon instead. "Trust me they will be the one's to loose stuff I'm an expert swindler you see."

"I wasn't trying to bribe ya lass, just keep yer attention. Well then basic maintenance and house keeping should be your responsibilities then I see." He stated. He beckoned her to a seemingly randomly picked door. He opened, revealing to her eyes a small mountain of gold, gems, jewelry and a few paintings. "Well then this should be enough to pique your interest I say." He remarked.

"Sure ya do..." She said with a slight sigh before coming to an agreement, sure she could handle some small stuff like that any day. Specially since she was kind of a germophobe and keeping basic stuff clean had always been a rather odd hobby of hers. However once she was shown her share she nearly jumped out of his arms in a heartbeat "Oh yes this is completely fine by me." she said with a wide smile, she had expected much less...like a sac of gold coins only kind of less. "So that's it all I have to do is keep this place in order then?"

He laughed, "You've clearly not seen this place under seize young lady, damned place nearly is an ancient ruin every time some adventurers come to challenge me.....Trust me, my gold is in good hands and........if you don't keep up with your duties then........I might eat you." He added, backing away. "Blame the other farmers for that dear." He interjected quickly. However both would hear a strange pecking sound coming from another par t of the castle. "Great.......a harpy got in.....Follow me. "She remarked, beckoning her to follow him.

"No problem here, Trust me I learned a few tricks on my travels...mostly form pirates." She said casually while following behind him.

"...Just try sir...Because sometimes I wonder what dragon tastes like myself." She said dangerously with a creepy smile while keeping some rather dark expression on her face...oh two could play at that game and having been on the road for years had shown her that most animals where edible... just simply put she's eaten things that most other people would faint at. "Oh just blame sticking around pirates for a while...trust me they eat anything"

"Ooh Harpies I never seen one before." Her tone and expression suddenly changed completely as a smile spread across her face...perhaps at some point she was dropped on her head but that didn't seem to stop her sudden chameleon like personality at all.

He turned around for a moment, "If I wanted you dead dear then you wouldn't be speaking right now." He quipped, opening the door to the library. Somewhat about squirming on one of the study tables they sport what could only describe to human eyes as a woman with the wings and legs of a large white bird. "Oh a beauty you are.......ok new plan we take it alive." He stated as he handed her with looked like a crude metal collar with chain leash attached. "Now then, get that on her and then hand the leash off to me."

"Excuse me, but no kind of mythical creature serves as a good pet...trust me my uncle caught a unicorn once and the next day the townsfolk found his carcass impaled multiple times by what was clearly a horn. Moral said...Don't take things because they look nice or pretty." She said while scratching the back of her head.

He couldn't be serious this was ridiculous...who wanted a damn harpy anyways...and what's with the collar...that sounded rather dark and sinister...at least in her weird forever shifting mind full of strange places.

"You still sure you want that thing under a leash?" She questioned with a rather unamused look on her face.

He laughed, "The leash is temporary, Harpies are dangerous when they are riled up so its' just so I can haul her inside and calm her down.........fine I'll do it." He quipped, approaching the harpy that now was preening its' wings for some odd reason. "There dear, lets get you some nice food and have a chat shall we." He cooed to the bird woman, it only staring at him with curious but increasingly frightened eyes.

"Seriously you are talking to it like if it was a bird or something...It's gonna screech and blast your eardrums inta hell." She commented before sitting on the floor and looking at the whole situation unfold. What the hell was with dragons anyways, perhaps their weird habits left them to extinction...save for a handful.

"Oh yeah once you are done with that...under coincidence would you have some magic sword...particularly one who's handle is bound with basilisk hide?" She asked while looking around. Surely he would be aware of the immortality that thing gave...but no one probably noticed the other things it could do.

"And why would you want that old thing?......There we go." He managed before the harpy abruptly bowled him over by tackling him, however allowing him to get the collar around her neck. "The sword of thieves was it? That little trinket is one I've yet to lay eyes upon for a good while." He quipped, stroking the harpy's hair affectionately as he walked back over to her. "Don't......call me......a bird." The harpy managed in a very dry raspy voice.

"Meh...Well I wish to become the King of-err Queen of thieves one day and that thing would plaster that title onto me for all eternity...as long as I don't die at least." She said casually, clearly she wanted the thing to be underestimated...under coincidence only the wielders would learn of the other things the sword could do...and she had met the descendant of one some years ago and learned said secret...

"Yeah yeah whatever all mythical creatures are kind of the same down the line ok..." She commented...except for that flying kangaroo that thing was the devil incarnate when she was traveling with pirates to find some weird invisibility cloak.

"And what makes you think I would turn over such a powerful object to your care? You could flatten like a pancake with simply your imagination...." He quipped, the harpy oddly nodding in agreement for some reason. "And I don't like being lied to dear, how much do you know about its' power?" He asked, his eyes making it clear that being eaten could be the least of her worries if she continued to abuse his good nature.

"Oh for pete's sake I'm not that stupid..." But she was dropped on her head once as an infant...if that count in some way. And it was her mother's fault because apparently a cow falling into a river was more concerning than the health of her child...yeah odd times.

"If you wanna know I met one of the descendants of the last bearer...poor bastard his body was so unstable with power, why he was born a natural shapeshifter but he was never taught how to handle it." And poor thing really he clearly regretted being born to begin with and he hated his father for even siring him in general.

"Anyways the sword chooses it's master, if one can weld it properly it will grant semi immortality along with the ability to appear as something else...do you know how much loot I could steal with that..." She suggar coated the answer because truly he probably couldn't handle the truth behind said mythical object.

"I mean who would suspect a mangy dog of stealing a chest full of treasure right?...why I could even prevent challengers from even coming here at all." She finally said while looking at him in hopes to convince him, perhaps with some practice with said sword she could really abuse it's power to scare people off for good.

Back
Top Bottom