Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MLP:FiM - A Journey Across Worlds

Saren Crimson

Planetoid
Hey there, guys and gals. I'm writing because my sudden surge of imagination hit me at the best possible time! So, I'm writing story on a subject that I haven't yet, so here goes nothin'! Going to start this out as a series of letters which will serve as the story before the character gets to Equestria and that's when the story really happens. Enjoy the pre-story!

"I'm Saren, Saren Crimson. For those of you who may not know, I'm a writer. I like to write. Write about different stories, different worlds, all of the lore and history of them all. Character interactions and development. I just love it. I've written many stories but I always thought what would happen if I was suddenly thrown into the world with no way to know how I got there nor how to get back. It'd be terrifying. It really would. Yet, it was in the back of my mind that I really wanted that to happen...I was sick of normality and wanted something impossible to happen. To meet characters that don't act like normal people do. To face dangers that doesn't happen in real life and be a hero for once. To actually to be the one to make a difference. I was thinking that while I was on my way back home from the airport. As I was driving, I couldn't stop thinking about it nor did I want to. It was nice to let my imagination wander a little and there was no cars on the road in this stretch of desert that I was currently traveling on. Just me and the long stretch of road. While I was traveling, however, I saw something very strange on the road way ahead of me. Something or someone was lying there in a dark robe-like coat on. Common sense told me to keep going and pretend like I didn't see it. This would be the kind of thing you'd see in horror stories and movies. Terribly cliche, right? Yet it was right in front of me and it had been a boring car ride so far since I was traveling alone. Yep, I was going to throw myself into potential danger because I was bored. What else is new? When was the last time you seen something interesting? Don't judge me! ...Sorry, anyway, I stopped in front of this mysterious figure and I got out the car. It...was wiggling around and squirming, struggling even. I was cautiously getting close to it but at the same time I was taking one step back for every four steps. When I finally got to the unknown entity, I moved my shaking hand toward the cloth then pulled it fast while stepping back faster than that. What I saw nearly gave me a heart attack! Not because it was scary, not because it could've been dangerous and it wasn't even because I couldn't believe it. It was that the thing I saw was completely illogical and impossible to exist in the real world. What I saw or what my brain could interpreted as was a horse...though it was much more smaller than a horse. A pony, maybe? Then again, it was much smaller than what the real world has. While I was in my moment of shock, this...pony or whatever it is had gotten up. I noticed it was and the first thing that came to my mind was. "Are you alright?" instead of what I wanted to say was "What are you and who are you?" but yet my protective instincts kicked in at the worst possible time and before I knew it, I was helping this creature up onto it's feet...er, hooves.

I was just staring at this creature in awe and not saying a word. I mean, come on. How could I? Could you come up with any reason why a miniature pony would be standing in front of you? For some reason, the thought crossed my mind that it might be intelligent. Seriously, let's face it. This already impossible creature is in front of you and you'd probably find it incredibly more strange if it couldn't talk...Oh, I didn't even describe it to you yet. From what I could tell you about it's features, it's definitely female...I guess. She has wings which she was flapping. It's cyan in color and a rainbow colored mane. Yep, I know. I know what you're thinking and no, I'm not taking any drugs. I'm not hallucinating because it's hot out here and I'm fairly certainly that I'm not dehydrating either. This pony or whatever was more colorful than the rainbow...uh, well, it HAS a rainbow colored mane but...I don't know how to explain it! How would you explain it? That's besides the point right now. It spoke to me...this pony was using real words and it even knew english! This was amazing yet I was disturbed because I knew after I saw this, my life wasn't going to be the same again. Good. Was what I thought at that moment. I don't know if it's because the universe decided to throw me a bone or scientists were right all along but this was the end of a life of normality. When she spoke to me, she asked me where she was and of course I told her that she was on Earth. She looked at me like she didn't know what I was talking about. I kinda expected that reaction because there was no way something this unusual would ever know of the real world and it would be complete fiction that it did but then again, a pony of this size, color and the fact that it had wings was more unusual than her not knowing what Earth is. So I told her again, it being a planet and all. She seemed even lost than she was before then called me an egghead for knowing basic science lingo. I felt a little offended, don't know why. I've been called worse. I guess I felt as if that the first otherworldly being I find calls me a name for saying something remotely smart...regardless, I didn't get mad at her. How could I? Well, she told me that her name was Rainbow Dash and that she was the fastest pegasus. Whoa, what? There was more like her? The only Pegasus that we humans know are in greek mythology but she was throwing it around like there were thousands like her. Certainly can't be here in the real world, there would be an international uproar for this sort of thing and no doubt little girls would smother the poor pony before she gotten back to where she came from. Speaking of which, I asked her where she came from and she told me Equestria. Made sense considering that she's a horse and seemed fitting, at least. So...I guess you're wondering how she got here and you know, I was wondering as well. I doubt she and the rest of her kind lives anywhere in the world and if they did, they certainly kept themselves hidden great until now. Well, this world wasn't Equestria and I told her that. She seemed angry, maybe a little fustrated. I guess she must've been thrown from Equestria to here in the real world or at least our own reality.

I asked her how she got here from Equestria to the real world. She told me that she was with her friend that she called Twilight. Sounds pretty dark, the name I meant. Anyway, she told me that she and Twilight were conducting an experiment. Hmm...guessing that this Twilight must be a scientist or something. Sorry, I keep getting off track here with my own questions. I promise it won't happen again...maybe. In any case, she and Twilight were trying a more advanced teleport spell. Whoa, these ponies can use magic? Why does this sound like something I heard before? Gah, I'm doing it again! Sorry, I'm really sorry but just bare with me a bit, okay? Okay...Well, Rainbow said while Twilight did the spell correctly and from what Rainbow had described it as riding on a river of light. Sounded nice until she told me what happened next. She said that Twilight said to her not to let go of her tail or she'd be teleported literally anywhere and I mean anywhere. Rainbow said that Twilight condensed the whole science in a five minute lesson that Rainbow said that she wished that she had listened to Twilight. She did manage to remember the name of this phenomenon, The Weststar Sling. I wondered how Rainbow could've hold on to a pony who was making them both travel at the speed of light. That's because she couldn't, she said that her hooves slipped and she was sent flying in a random direction within the stream of light. Rainbow said not even her wings could slow her down which is a given seeing as she got flung in a random direction at the speed of light. I'm surprised she's not dead, then again, she'd not normal so maybe certain rules don't apply to her because I mean, she had a cartoonish body and knowing cartoons in our world, these characters were nearly indestructible so I guess it's fair to say that she would still fall in that category.

After asking Rainbow about it and her answering me, she wanted an answer from me. It was fair considering that I had been hammering her with questions for about an hour or so. She asked me my name and so I told her though I didn't think that would be a good idea to do that but hell, I was already in too deep when I decided to help her out. She instantly told me that my name was awesome and that I shouldn't change it. Not gonna lie to you, I was a bit proud that she said it then she told me to call her Dash and not Rainbow. Maybe it was too formal that I called her that and she wanted to just let me know? Regardless, I asked her did she need a ride. Dash had looked at my car which was a Dodge Viper that a friend and I had recently had gotten fixed for me to use. She told me that cars barely exist where she came from. I would've expected her to say not at all seeing that she has wings and all. Fairly certain that she could fly so why would she and the rest of her kind need cars? Maybe all the ponies that come from her world don't all have wings but she also said that cars wasn't widely used either so I'm guessing that they don't look anywhere as modern as I have right now. Dash asked me how fast it was and I told her. She laughed. Why? Didn't have any idea, I was more confused than insulted at this point and then she told me that she could break the sound barrier. It was my turn to laugh which I did...a little harder than I should have, admittedly. Though how would you take it? I mean, a pony faster than the sound barrier. It'd be absurd is what it would've been. She didn't take too kindly to that, however, she flew into the air faster than what I've seen in person. My face was frozen with both amazement and wonder. She was actually faster than my car, this little pony was faster than my car and she was going to prove that she could break the sound barrier. I know the skepticism in your voice because I had it in mine but believe me, I never would've believed her unless I saw it but her speed was already faster than my eyes could keep up with. When I focused my eyes again, she was so high in the air that I could barely see her. She was like a very tiny speck among the blue sky. Had it not been for it the dry weather of a desert, I probably never would've spotted her up so high. Well, she was just hanging there with a smirk on her face and she was looking dead at me. Oh, I didn't like that. My blood felt like it was freezing on the inside. I mean, I still don't know what kind of potential this pony had and I felt like I was about to have my answer. She suddenly started to make her decent down toward the ground and I stepped back the more she gotten closer toward my direction. She was getting faster and faster, a rainbow streak flowing behind her as she was plummeting toward the ground at breaknecking speeds. I hid behind my car but I couldn't take my eyes off Dash, the air around her was starting to show itself around her body. I began to wonder if she had what it took to break the barrier of air surrounding her body. While I was thinking that, her body started become stretched a little then BOOM! The sound of a rainbow colored sonic boom rung in my ears like a church bell is to a bell ringer. Despite that, that explosion was real and I was seeing it. It was fuckin' awesome! I mean, my face was just frozen with that same shocked look of disbelief. She gotten back down to my level and before she could ask a question, it seems the look on my face was the answer she was looking for. She fell to the ground laughing at my reaction and I shook out of it, watching her. A smile had stretched across my face at that time. I was getting comfortable with this creature...why? I didn't know but the biggest question I had for her was why she was not alarmed that she was seeing a human instead of one of her kind which I also asked. She told me it was because Twilight had been here in the human world. Wait, what? Really? A pony like her was in this world before and no one had said anything about it. No news stories or reports on it, not even the internet knew anything about it? Now that was impressive, if not, impossible. Someone had to say something about it but if nothing had surfaced about this whole thing, I guess someone must've kept their mouth shut about it. It would be the sensible thing to do since these ponies weren't exactly normal and I don't think that kind of publicity would be a good thing either. Well anyway, Dash gotten in my car while we were talking and she relaxed against the chair. Well, I went ahead and went on my way though I felt as if that I was going to have to do my best and try to hide Dash so no one would find her. This was going to be a long ride...I don't know if my sanity can take it but I sure as hell going to try!"

Signed, Saren Crimson. Letter 1 of 4

Dear, To Whomever It May Concern

"Hello again. I'm writing this as I'm currently living out my life with this...pony. It's still extremely weird for me as it would be for any human. Seriously, would you be completely normal knowing this kind of thing could happen? I don't think so...no, scratch that, I KNOW so. With that said, I'm going to tell you what happened next after I found Rainbow Dash. Now that I've gotten a little more comfortable with her, I let my personality out a little. Make no mistake, I have no intentions on letting her or friends if they come for her know my true self but at least I can make her visit to Earth a pleasant one, right? Right. Okay, here we go!

It's been a couple of weeks after I found Rainbow Dash. I made it home without any problems which was a relief because I was nearly on my wits end trying to keep her hidden away from everyone. It was really a chore to keep her from flying out of my car so she could stretch her wings. Look, I understand that she wants to go out and have a little fresh air but I'm trying to protect her as much as possible. After I got back to my home, she's just been sitting at backdoor just staring outside. She's probably homesick, poor Dash. Uh, did I really just say that? Oh well, no use in denying it now. I'm greatly afraid for this pony's wellbeing and if this continues, I doubt that seeing her friends again will help her much. She's just been sighing and hasn't moved from that spot at all since we got here. Gah! Why can't her friends get here soon? I can't stand to see her like this...It almost makes me wish that I knew magic just to get her home but thinking like that in this world would get you a first class trip to an asylum. Maybe I should just risk it and let her fly around. I live in a pretty remote place anyway...just think of something you see in a postcard. Beautiful scenery, big mountains, and not to mention the woods just in my back yard. When it snows, it really just brings out the beauty in it. It's almost like you're stepping into a different world...Oops, getting off track here. I decided to let Dash go and fly around to her hearts content. If someone spots her then I'll take what I have and run. I'm not opposed to doing so, it'd be great to have a little excitement in my life. I tell that to Dash right away, I told her that she could go around and fly to her hearts content. She told me that she wanted to stay in shape to be recognized by the most prestigious team of flyers named the Wonderbolts. Hmm...I guess these flyers must be pretty fast but considering how fast that Dash flies, it'd be hard to believe that someo-...er, I mean, somepony is faster than her but then again, no matter how good you are at something, there's always someone or somepony better than you. Not saying that would be the end of it, if you always have the ambition to keep going the distance then perhaps you might become the best around. Damn, that sounded really cheesy and lame, didn't it? Ugh, maybe I shouldn't try to say anymore "cool" lines like that anymore. Anyhoo, I told Dash and her face lit up for a slight second then she tried to play it off like she wasn't excited. I guess that attitude is why she isn't the Element of Honesty. Ba-zing! ...Yes, I know, I'm trying to spice it up a little bit, alright? Okay, so I opened the sliding glass door then all I feel is literally like a hurricane of wind fly past me! If I hadn't been holding on to the door, I probabaly would've gotten blown to my fence all the way in the back there.

After taking a moment to recollect myself, Dash was already in the air doing all sorts of tricks. I could only see the rainbow streak coming from behind her. There was no way in hell I'd actually see her doing that. My eyes aren't all that good anymore anyway even though I'm still somehow good enough to not wear glasses. Yay me, I guess. As she was flying at sonic speeds, I decided to just take a seat at the patio right next to the grill I have. I did look at the grill though...just made me think that I can't eat meat while she's here or I'd have to do it in secret and I couldn't let her eat human food. There's no telling how her body would react to that and the fact that she'd be eating other animals would be kinda sick...Regardless, it's strictly a veggie diet for me. Not that I mind, I can eat a little healthier nowadays. A couple of minutes go by and I have my eyes closed for now just feeling the cool wind brush across me then I heard Dash land right beside me. She was looking with curious eyes from what I could tell when I peeked a bit but just enough she didn't notice that I was watching her. She seemed to be looking at my body. I wonder why? It's not like I'm good looking but just average, just enough to get by. Though...I gotta say, this was starting to get weird. I was feeling very flustered but I didn't move an inch. For all I know, I could've been asleep to her. Next, I saw her reach out one of her hooves toward me. Okay, now I was curious, I admit. I could only guess as to what she was curious of. I've already went through the whole thing about humans that she needed to know and I know that there wasn't a single thing I left out...at least for my sake, I hope. She puts her hoof on my stomach then she started rubbing slightly in a circular motion. I feel like a complete weenie for saying this but I sorta flenched when she touched me, I mean, it tickled and I was doing my best not to laugh! She stopped when I opened my eye to her and I sat up, chuckling all the while. I asked her just what was she up to and she wondered about why we humans wear clothes. Not going to lie to you, I nearly froze at the question. I had to choose my words carefully. I told her that unlike her kind, we wear clothes all the time so we don't go around...well, naked. Despite how many people do it, that kind of thing is frowned upon out in the open...depending on where you go. She told me that she didn't get it and that clothes would get in the way of a lot of things then she started to list reasons why clothes were such a bad idea. Now, honestly I couldn't disagree with her. I see where she was coming from but we live in to totally different worlds so neither of us were wrong about our opinions on the subject. Still, that was awkward to talk about. Hope that never happens again. Also, luckily enough, nobody caught her...yet. I know if I continue to let her do it, it'll only be a matter of time before she does then my life as an action movie starts but that's a whole other thing that probably won't happen because I mean, this is real life and not a movie or a cartoon but then again, she's here which is already impossible in itself so maybe it could happen. Hell, considering she's here, it pretty much shoots most of my self-made theories out the window but there's no chance in hell I'd believe that people would somehow turn into superheroes all of a sudden and the world would be thrown into war about...eh, forget it. Let's just say chaos would reign all of the time, end of story.

Shortly after that whole little conversation, Dash and I went back inside. She was getting hungry and I asked her just what was it that she wanted to eat. She said hay fries. Uh, what? I don't know if she forgot she wasn't in Equestria anymore but we certainly don't have that kind of thing here. I told her that and she said that if I could make her a salad then it'd do. Now that I could do, I have no idea what ponies eat but a salad was something anybody could make. I do just that with a bunch of vegetables that I had in my house which I bought for Dash and it wasn't like she told me what she wanted. Nah, I had to improvise and buy everything I could. It was pricey but hey, I'm making dinner for two now. So I load the salad the best I could with some instruction from her and for myself I do the same thing...man, I soooo wanted to add meat to mine it wasn't funny. My first two weeks without meat and I felt myself beginning to think about a big juicy T-bone steak and I don't even like steak! Yes, believe it or not, I don't so what else is new? Anyway, that's not the focus here. I gave Dash her plate and I gotta say that I was surprised that she didn't just ravage the salad. I guess she still is a lady even though she is an animal and tomboyish...well, in her world, I guess they would say tomcoltish or something like that. I showed her what my tv looks like, it's pretty big. 60 inches, give or take. She said it was her first time in seeing one of those. Once again, I'm not surprised at this because it really wasn't that long since we had television become a standard. While we were eating, I started to flip through different channels. We passed a couple of drama shows that Dash said the whole thing made her want to barf. Now that I could agree on. We passed some reality shows, cartoons and children shows. Made sure to stay away from HBO and Cinemax, despite how Dash looks, she told me her age and that was young and besides, what she doesn't know won't hurt her. I stopped on the history channel as they were going through different planes, helicopters and the like. She seemed to really like that especially adding her own commentary to the whole thing with her saying like. "Psh. I can beat that plane with my hooves tied behind my back and only using one wing!" and boy, is she passionate about her flying. With skill like hers, I'm surprised she wasn't in these ranks of the Wonderbolts already. I wonder how scientists, pilots and the world would take it that a pony of her size could out fly, out maneuver, and do it with less energy almost effortlessly? Ooo, I don't think most of them would like that very much...yeah, I'd definitely be fearing for Dash's life then. Good thing I made her realize the risks involved with coming to this world. I'd hate to see her as some sick science experiement claiming it as being "the benefit of all mankind!". Yeah, fuckin' right it is. Most of those science types really bug me with the way they do things but hey, without them, we wouldn't have all these nice things nowadays so I guess they get a pass. Dash noticed that I was lost in thought about something and she hovered near my face. When I finally snapped out of it, I nearly jumped over my couch because her face was so close to mine. Maybe I overreacted but hell, when you're not expecting something that kinda becomes expected. She laughed at me, of course. I could only roll my eyes and shake my head in disappointed at myself for letting her have the satisfaction of seeing me like that. Kinda surprised me really since I'm usually not surprised by anything, ask my friend. He's been trying to pull jokes over on me for years but he just can't get the right reaction out of me. He told me he's never gonna stop trying until I slip up, don't know how literal that statement was but sure hasn't tried in a while, guess he gave up.

Shortly after dinner, I had Dash pick a room that she wanted to stay in. I had a four bedroom house so I wouldn't be any short on space at anytime and their fully furbished now as well. I asked this question of Dash before but she just stayed in front of a window the whole time day after day. She chose the one next to mine which I didn't mind at all. Just as she was about to fly into her room, she stopped and hovered there for a moment to thank me for putting up with her these past few weeks. I told her that it wasn't any problem and that I should be thanking her. These few weeks were fun, most fun that I had in a while. Seriously, I was living in one of my written stories and I was liking it. I told her good night then she dashed into her room then closed the door then I went to mine then I started writing in a journal like I usually do and that was the extent of that day. Having Dash here is fun and as much as I like it, it can't last. I have to do the right thing and send her home however I can or make it easier for her friends to find her to bring her back to where she belongs. Ugh...I'm going to hate going back to my boring life again but when you live in the real world, it's all your subjected to unfortunately. No use in crying about it, I'm a grown man and not a boy. All good things are not meant to last because if things did last, we wouldn't have hardships that people face everyday. Oh well, it's time I send Dash back and I've already started doing some research. I just hope things go smoothly...and knowing the real world, it won't. Not complaining though, like I said, it might be fun. Have a good night to the person who gets this and is now stalking my every existance."

Signed, Saren Crimson. Letter 2 of 4

Dear, To Whomever it May Concern

"The next day came up and I didn't get any sleep that day. Why? For whatever reason, I started having nightmares about Dash and I. Maybe I'm worrying deep down inside me. That something bad will happen. Things in the world don't stay secret for long, most of them eventually rise to the surface and everyone knows, whether it has something to do with you or not. I knew when I was laying in my bed staring up at the ceiling that someone was going to find Dash sooner or later. She needed to get back home to Equestria as soon as possible. Yet, I was lying there blankly staring at my white ceiling. It was just I hadn't a clue how to do so. Dash told me exactly how she got here but I had no clue to do the impossible and send her back. I remember feeling very bad about it because I don't think I could help her and she was counting on me. Of course she wouldn't say it straight but she really appreciates my help and giving her a place to crash. I do feel proud that I could help her but I hope she didn't set her expectations of me too high. Staring at my ceiling wasn't going to help at all so I could only get up from my bed and slowly drag myself to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. When I got downstairs, I seen Dash trying to open a jar of peanut butter. She tried, and tried, then tried some more. She even used her teeth and it didn't help, neither did her hooves. I wondered just how tight the lid was on this jar. I know the last time I used it, I didn't tighten it up that tight. She was trying with all her might but I don't think she noticed I was staring at her at first. I found the whole moment very cute and I could feel myself smiling at her though I don't think I noticed it at the time. She finally saw me when I foolishly took a quick step forward but before I could say something to her, she flew up from the table to shove the jar in my face and demanding that I open it. She had turned her back because for what I guess, she must've been blushing at how lame she thought she looked in front of me. I would've put it another way but I didn't argue at her, she already made my morning with that. I opened the peanut butter jar for her so that she could get what she wanted out of it and gave it back to her then she went back to making her sandwich. She certainly made herself at home within my small walls which I'm happy for. I'm not a man with a lot of money but what I have, I try to make it work. After a few minutes of messing around with the coffee maker, I had my cup of coffee that I was going to enjoy while I tried to search for anything on the internet that might help get Dash home and so I went to my office to do that exactly. I looked behind me to see that Dash was hovering behind me and not saying a word as she looked around my office. I admit, it wasn't exactly the cleanest room in the house unlike the rest of the house but for me, my office is where I go to unwind and be me. Not that I can't do that with the rest of the house but this place in particular I feel truly at peace. I sat in my black rolling chair and put the coffee mug beside me then I looked to Dash and asked her just exactly did she first end up when coming out of the dimensional pocket between her world and ours. I had to guess if she ended up here after being flung in a random direction, I thought our worlds might just be closer than I thought. Dash hovered back and forth trying to remember then suddenly donned on her that she first ended up on top of a mountain, inside of a cave that had strange markings on the rock walls and that they were glowing because she guessed it was because she teleported there and they were reacting to the magical light aura she still had wrapped around her body from Twilight. Also, she said when she exited the cave, she could see the Astral lights making lines in the night sky above the cave itself, making such a pattern that it seemed as if there was a giant crack in the sky that was trying to repair itself. I found this fascinating because it seems like that little incident most likely temporarily broken down the barrier that keeps our worlds apart or universes. Of course, I'm just making a guess here even though I know next to nothing about science. I mean, I seen Star Trek and played video games that dealt with these kinds of things but I doubt those would come close to actually making a connection of what happened to her.

Now things were starting to roll.

I did remember doing all of this in my head as I was typing everything she was telling me down. Something was still missing. Even if she had become lost within the stream of light and gotten thrown somewhere else other than where she was supposed to, she still should've been able to at least come out still in Equestria. Coming here to a world that had absolutely no connection to magic and the other things she's used to would be an extreme, an extreme that was impossible in itself. So I asked her how exactly did she even connected here to the human world if our worlds are completely different? At first she was at a loss what to say but then told me that Princess Celestia said that there was a connection between here and Equestria. That there was a lot of places in Equestria that could potentially send you here but extreme few connections from the human world to Equestria. When Dash said that, I started thinking about the spell that this Twilight had done to teleport them and asked Dash about it but she didn't know because she wasn't really listening to Twilight about how the whole thing works other than it was supposed to take them to Manehattan. Manehattan, huh? I guess this is one of our major cities but ponyfied. After a few minutes of thinking silently to myself, I asked her if she possibly knew the location of this cave. She had shaken her head because she said she lost consciousness after seeing the outside sky. If that's true, how did end up in the middle of a desert? As I asked her that, she told me that she didn't know and maybe that it was just her doing and that she probably ended up flying anywhere in order to find some kind of civilization. A state of panic, maybe? It was the only thing I could think of considering that she didn't remember where her entry was. Well, after compiling everything that she told me, our only lead was this cave that she came out of. If indeed that the Astral lines are hanging in the sky trying to repair the rift between my world and hers, I'm sure that the hole was still open. There was still a chance that I could get her home if I got her there in time. I told her that and she yelled in happiness before punching my arm. It's her way of complimenting me, I think. Still I felt proud that I seem to have a hold on things.

Now that I had the information that I needed, I decided to ask her questions about the surrounding area to see if I could get an idea what mountains she was in before she flew off hurriedly. I got my answer but it wasn't from her, unfortunately. Dash and I heard some talking coming from the radio in my office. There was a newslady talking about a strange rift-like crack hanging in the air just above the Rocky Mountains and it was stretching a few hundred miles in the air. Dash and I looked at each other because now it meant the world now knew about it and it was going to be hard because not only news were near this rift but so were scientists, military, and government agencies now littered around this thing. They had talked about checking on what's on the other side! No, no, no! I remember slamming my hand down onto the table while Dash growled. They couldn't get near that thing, there was no telling where they'd end up. Hell, there was no clear indication that it'd go back to Equestria but if it did...I didn't want to think about it. There was no time now. I told Dash that she needed to get ready immediately, we were driving out as soon as possible and she didn't think twice about it. She dashed out of my office, some things breaking to the ground but I didn't care about it at the time. I looked at the coffee that I still didn't drink, I was staring at it but I decided not to enjoy it. I stashed the cup of coffee in my microwave and closed the small door. I stood there thinking, the adrenaline running through my veins, my heart beat and the mixture of fear and excitement coming over me. It was official, I lost my mind. I was going to have to beat the military and the world to this rift with Dash in order to get her home. I could only hope that they are waiting still to go inside because it might be dangerous. I took a look around my house as I thought this might be the last time I would see it at it's glory...no, scratch that, I knew this would be the last time I'd see it but not for the reasons I would've guessed. The universe itself had a plan for me, a big plan...so big that I wouldn't be able to wrap my head around it. It seems I was chosen to journey outside of my own world and into another. Yet I did not know this but at the time, in the back of my head, I felt like something was going to happen that was outside of my control. Like my story was just beginning and meeting Dash was just the tip of the iceberg. I had no idea what was going to happen next but my story was far from over. I was content with my life before but now just like I had thought, my life wasn't going to be the same. Problem was, it was about to get more crazier than I ever would've imagined. Dash had came to me but she didn't say anything, she knew I was lost in thought. She knew that I could very well lose my life in this whole thing and she made a silent vow that no matter what, we both was going to make it through this even if I had to come to Equestria with her.

After coming back to my senses, I went upstairs and did everything I could to get myself ready. This was it, no turning back now. I can only hope that if I died during this, Dash would at least get back to Equestria and back to her friends. She was the Element of Loyalty and Equestria needed her element is what she told me one day during our random conversations. I intend on putting everything on the line to make sure that her world has her back and I won't let anyone stop her or me from making that happen. Heh. Look at me, I'm saying all of this and I haven't done anything yet...or so I thought. What we were doing set things in motion on a grander scale that Dash and I could realize. Now the question about all of this was if we were ready for what might happen. Yes, yes we were. It was time I got Dash home and maybe in some small way be a hero in her eyes then maybe Equestria as an extension. Man, the way I was thinking, I thought I would die doing this and boy was the universe had a surprise for me! I came back downstairs dressed in a outfit that made me look like some kind of rouge wizard and I had a staff. Okay, I /used/ to cosplay, don't judge. I felt like a badass for a moment and even Dash gave me a compliment. I grabbed my car keys then we headed out of the door then got into the car before anyone could see us. Alright, it was time for us to go. I said my goodbyes to everything and I even left a note for my friend inside my room in case he came to look for me. It was time for me to be remembered in the annuals of history...too bad it wasn't going to happen the way I wanted to but life is full of surprises. It'd be boring if you knew what would happen at every turn. Also, to you reading this, the next letter is going to be my last. It was fun to write this but until Dash gets where she needs to be, you probably won't see another after the last one. Bye for now!"

Sighed, Saren Crimson. Letter 3 of 4

Dear, To Whomever This May Concern

"The world feels a lot larger than it used to be. Even as I'm traveling on the road, I feel like I'm not all there. Like another part of me is drifting off in another direction than where I'm headed. Looking up at the night sky...I never noticed how beautiful the stars look, dancing within the heavenly light of now constant steady flow of ethereal energy now going through the sky. If you don't know what I'm talking about, think about Aurora Borealis. How the lights always dancing around, twisting, fusing with each other bringing out this impressive array of color that you can't find anywhere else. It's absolutely breathtaking to think about and the night sky reminds me of it. Oh...I forgot, I'm not here to talk about me here. Dash is sleeping right beside me while we're driving to our destination. Never would I have guessed that I get to have my own adventure with a creature that now I accepted does exist. It's been a long drive and I had a lot to think about...so many things I'm going to miss. My friends, my family, even the people that I work with. I'm going to miss them. I hope they do a lot of good with my stories I've written over the past. I don't suspect that I'd be coming from this one unscathed but if I can get Dash back to Equestria then it'd be all worth it. I've never done anything worth the ambition that I had for the life that I live now. I can honestly say, this meeting with this colorful equine was probably the best thing that happened to me so far...This can't be all, can it? Surely there's got to be something more than this? I don't want things to end like they are but I know that I have to. Maybe it's too soon to get attached, I'm pretty sure that I'm out of my mind at this point going to sneak past military lines just to have Dash to get her shot of finding her way home within Astral Plane. A place were all worlds are connected. Many roads, many possiblities. A place that Man will never get to experience in their mortal life. No doubt if we did, we'd infect everything else with our sinful nature and destroy that world that should have nothing to do with us in the first place. Wow...I sound even more depressing than usual, don't I? Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like that but how would you feel that not only you're going to lose the best thing that happened to you but you had the greatest possibility of losing your life in the process. I guess I'm afraid just like any rational person would but on this drive, I've made my peace. I'm pretty sure at this point I can welcome it, anything would be better than what I live now. I wish that I could go to Equestria with Dash, if nothing more than to experience her world with my own two eyes. Though there's no way that it'd happen, this is about her and I have to stop being so selfish. Sorry Dash, I just hope that you'll remember me when you get there. I'm writing these pages for you to remember me by when I'm gone and...despite our short time I'm glad to have met you, glad that you consider me a friend and trusted me. I guess that's why you're the Element of Loyalty, right? Heh. I wonder what Element I'd be if I chose to have one? Honesty, maybe. Well, it's time for me to kick this into high gear and get to that rift before it closes. Once it does, it'd be some time before she'd get back. There's no telling how long she'd be trapped here and if the military gets their hands on her...I shudder to think of that. We're almost there, I've been traveling for almost 6 hours straight. I hope Dash will be ready once we get there because we're at the point of no return now.

From the road, I can see it. This big gaping hole in the sky. It seems to be sucking matter into it, God knows where it's coming out at. I can only hope somewhere it isn't going to hurt someone or somepony as the portal leads directly to Equestria...I hope. Dash said that she got flung here but there's no telling she'd get back to the same place even if she used the same rift that she came in. No, no...gotta stay positive. At least one of us got to be, I understand that Dash is very courageous and unshakable but even the strongest of will has a weakness. Anyway about the hole, it's giving off a lot of cosmic energy in all directions and each time it does, the cracks seem to get smaller and smaller while the vortex in the middle seems to be getting bigger since the space for the rift is getting smaller. Soon enough, Dash wouldn't be able to fit through it and that'd be a big problem as it may crush her. Great...another problem on my hands. There at the base of the cliff and the cave that Dash came out of are the many military tents, personnel, and vehicles. Scientists, mostly. It seems that their trying to discover what kind of danger or opportunity that this kind of energy could have on the world. I know that they know as much as I do that the energy isn't dangerous but benevolent, as it is the life energy of the Astral Plane which can be used for anything and since it is a force of nature and not something you can really stop. That energy might engulf the planet which arguably could mean that the human race will be either be getting one of two things. One, it could mean that this energy will forcibly take them in the next step in human evolution and become heightened in strength, speed, reflexes, durability, and mental state...pretty much meaning we'd become, in more than one sense of the word, perfect. Or they would gain a lot more years to live as a result of the life energy being bonded to the many souls of the planet which we constantly feed off of anyway. Look at me, making all these assumptions and I'm not even a scientist but it's still fun to speculate. Speaking of which, with all the military personnel standing so close to the energy, how come none of them have experienced any changes. Standing this close, especially so close to "Ground Zero" I would think that they'd at least feel something...maybe the shockwaves aren't really giving off as much power as I thought. Good, let's just hope that they aren't thinking about trying to go through the rift itself. Well, it's time I woke up Dash and we're started moving. After I parked the car far away from the location, I shook her awake and immediately as if on cue she shot into the air and put up a ready stance like she was ready to fight. God, you don't know how hard I wanted to laugh but now wasn't the time. I told her to come down and I pointed to the rift, she immediately flew down to me then grabbed my hand then started dragging me. Didn't tell her to stop, I started running toward the encampment made by the military. Dash and I hid behind some rocks, she looked at me and asked me just how was I going to get past them. That was a good question. I mean, this is the military we're talking about here. Not some police force or SWAT team, these were highly trained soldiers we were going to have to outwit here. Yep, that's not going to happen and it'd be completely lucky if we did. Since I honestly had no way of getting around them, might as well try to go through them though I wouldn't get far as Dash would. Hey, I told her that I could be the distraction and she could get in the cave. She flat out told me that it wasn't going to happen and she'd instantly come back and tried to save me if I got caught. Well, that nixes that plan but we had to come up with something fast because that rift wouldn't stay open for long and I doubt that Dash would like to stay here for the rest of her young life...uh, just how old is she anyway? After taking a short second to think about it, she said why don't she just make a tornado around the camp just to shake things up a bit. Now, I had to think why haven't I thought of that seeing that she can break the sound barrier. I told her to do that and as everyone is worrying about the tornado, I can probably sneak my way in.

(Will write more later.)

Back
Top Bottom