Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Daddy's Little Lie(assume x celebstars)

Assume

Supernova
Placing his feet into his cowboy boots, Randy got up from his chair in the living room, as he headed outside. The weather was getting a bit bad. The wind had started to pick up and it looked as if there was going to be a rainstorm. Luckily, Randy had gathered the horses into their stables, and locked up the hens in their coop. Making his way into his pickup truck he started it up as headed for town. Randy needed a few supplies form the local connivence store to make some dinner. Today was a regular day for him, beside wearing his sheriffs hat that had his badge, he had on his normal clothes. A light blue button up shirt that was tucked into his dark blue work Jeans, and his black aviator style shades.

Driving into town, he found a good parking spot. Getting out of the truck, he gazed up at the grey clouds. "Come on..just hold back the rain for a little bit. I'll be in and out in a second.." he said in a his southern accent to himself. Upon entering the store, he was instantly greeted by the store clerk as well as the two shoppers on line. Being in a small town, everyone basically knew each other, and seeing that he was the Sheriff, it meant that everyone knew who he was. "Afternoon, Sheriff" the clerk said giving him a nod. "Hey Joe!" Randy said with a smile as he headed down the Isle to pick up some milk, rice, spices, and other things he needed.

After a few minutes of shopping around, as well as grabbing a cart, he made his way to the checkout. "Packing up for the weather!" Randy joked with the clerk as he started to scan the items. "Its going to be raining cats and dogs out there soon." Randy shook his head, as he lifted up his cowboy hat.

She had been travelling for a few months now, hitching rides and staying in motels. Sometimes she would have to sleep rough, curling herself in to a ball on a bench or in an alley to keep herself warm. People would treat her with no respect, others giving her a helping hand in her quest to find her long lost father.

One day, Chloe had woken up and found that her mother had left her. She was sixteen years of age and had been abandoned with only a note left on the table saying "Gone on holiday, wont be back until I feel like it. Go see your father, he lives in the town of Alban."

Since that day, the young woman had set off on that very mission.

Arriving in town, she was tired after walking so far. Two nights ago, she had met a nice woman who had cleaned her up and given her a fresh pair of clothes. These consisted of white sneakers and socks, a light blue denim pair of shorts and a blue top. Looking up at the sky, she could tell it was going to rain so started to jog, no matter how much her legs hurt. Arriving at a store Chloe took shelter underneath.

Pulling out his wallet Randy paid the store owner as he collected the bags into the cart. "See you again soon Sheriff." Joe the store owner said. Walking out with the cart, Randy piled the bags into the back of his pickup truck. "There.." he said clapping his hands together, as he moved to take the shopping cart back into the store. "Thanks again Joe, see you later." As Randy was about to leave the store he watched as a young girl suddenly entered in. The two men instantly shot each other a strange look. She was young and beautiful, but it was obvious that she was a strange to the town.

"Hello Ma'am?" Randy said looking at her. "Everything okay?" From one look at the girl, he could tell that she was exhausted, and being the sheriff of the town it would be his job to give her aid. Though what Randy didn't know was, the girl in front of him was his very own daughter. From an ex girlfriend that he had knocked up when he was sixteen. He had a lot of things going for him, and to have a baby at that age would only ruin his life. It was something that he never talked about, nor was it something that he was proud of.

"You're not from around here are you?"

As she was in the store near the entrance, she saw the eyes of both men glare at her, the Sheriff's and the store owner's. Chloe ignored his "Hello" and kept herself quiet until she saw his hat and realised he was the sheriff. "I'm from New York" she said, "I'm here to look for my father. My mother said he was here." Holding her chest with her arms, she was feeling chilly given the turn of weather.

"I don't know his name though, but she did give me his address." Going through her backpack after placing it on the floor she then handed him a note with the scribbled writing on. "Do you know where this is?"

Looking at him, she waited for an answer as did the store owner who seemed to be in shock at the situation.

"New York? Heh, that's rather far! What are you doing down here?" The sheriff chuckled a little bit, until she said that she was looking for her father. Suddenly he shot her a confused look. "Your pop?" Looking at her as she handed the note to him, he open it up. Quickly he turned a bit pale before suddenly snapping out of his little trance. It was his address, after all he hadn't moved since he was a boy, all he did was take over his family farm. "Ummm..." he said instantly closing the paper, as to make sure the clerk wouldn't see the address.

"I'm not sure this house exist anymore.." he said quickly lying. "Why don't you come with me though? I can't leave you to continue wondering the streets. Its a safe town here...but you'll catch a cold, especially with the rain coming soon." he told her. The store clerk looked on a bit confused but gentled nodded. "The Sheriffs the best man I know in this town. He will make sure you're taken good care of, and I'm sure he'll help to find your father!" Joe said.

Randy gave him a small nod, as he wrap his arm around Chole. Shooting her some small glances he couldn't help but notice, that she indeed looked a little like her mother at that age, was she really his daughter? "So..why did your mother send you to look for your dad?" The sheriff said as he helped her into the truck, before getting into the drivers sit and quickly driving off.

When he spoke of the house and it no longer existing, Chloe looked downbeat, like her journey had been wasted. As he offered her a ride, she got in to the truck with him, giving a quick wave to the store clerk like she knew him. "She sent me because she walked out, she just left me in the house on my own with a note saying go to your father. I had to look at the address, had to find it. She didn't leave me it." Leaning on the door, the girl looked disheartened, like her life was over. "So now I have no mother and no father."

The girl was shivering as rain poured down on to the windscreen of the truck. "Can I just stay here in town for one night Sheriff? I will be gone in the morning. I guess I will have to make my way to my Grandma's house. I think that is in Washington."

Looking at the poor girl, he knew that she travel quite far, and if she really was his daughter there was no way he was going to let her travel all the way to Washington. "No.." Randy said softly as they travel down the highway. "You can stay, but not for one night.." he said softly. "I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night knowing that you'll be roaming the streets to find your Grandma, who you 'think' is in washington." Randy said firmly. "You'll be staying at my house, until we can figure something out okay? I mean look at you..you look terrible. As soon as we get home, you can take a shower and I'll give you a nice hot meal. I have a few spare guest rooms, you can stay in one." Randy said making his decision.

"But tell me one thing, the name, what's the name of your mother..." Randy asked, feeling his heart sink in his chest. There was no way it could be Angelica? She looked so much like Angelica, but still it could be some strange coincidence.

"I'm only trusting you because your a sheriff, I haven't met anyone as open and as offering as you. I had to pay for rooms on my way here. Only the last woman was kind enough to help me. I suppose people are nicer in these parts" Chloe said, watching on through the window as they made their way down the highway. "My mother's name? Angelica" she said, "Why? Are you going to ask around, see if anyone knows her? Seems a bit of a long shot but your the sheriff."

The girl could only go on what he was saying, she didn't have anything other in these parts now, meaning it was a wasted journey. "I should of gone straight to my grandma's house instead. I was stupid to come and see my dad."

"It sounds like you had a hard time coming here." he said softly smirking. It wasn't until she said her mothers name, that he went pale. "No, I was just..." he said pausing for a second. "Curious..that's all. I don't think I remember anyone named Angelica ever...living here.." Randy said completely lying to her, but at least he knew that she was his daughter. "No, you're not stupid, if anyone one is stupid its your mother for leaving you by yourself!" he said in a rather angry tone.

"Sorry.." he said softly. "Well, maybe you could stay here with me? That is if you'r grandma doesn't work out. You're welcome to stay with me permanently. I could use someone around the old ranch, you can help take care of the animals, and do some cleaning. I can pay ya if you want as well." he said trying to make the idea of her staying with him sound better. "Or I can just look after ya like a daughter.." chuckling it was an ironic thing to say to her. "Don't have a wife or any kids, so the ranch does get a bit lonely."

Back
Top Bottom