Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Snowed In (Ryanmo97 and BoundBeauty)

Katie thanked him for the soup. "Yes! Thanks, a lot." It was nice to finally be warm. "Oh.... I'll hang them up." She said, brushing it off. She didn't want him doing anymore for her.

She went to take a spoonful of the warmth in the bowl and smiled delicately. "This is really good."

She looked out of the window, curious about how long the snow would fall. "Does it often snow really hard like this up here?" She asked, curiously. "I haven't seen heavy snow like this ever. It'll be clear in the morning, right?" She inquired.

Ryan bit his lip... "Um... well... you really should have checked the weather report before you came up here... We are going to get three feet of snow tonight and another three tomorrow... You won't be going anywhere for quite awhile...."

Katie's jaw parted in shock. Three feet? And another three feet? That was six feet! She blinked, thought about it some more, then looked at him. "What?!"

She didn't have much time to spend here, despite the luxury of staying here. She had a job, and family, and friends.... not to mention she was intruding on this guy's life.

"I really should've looked... I'm so sorry for dragging myself in here." She said, trying to be apologetic about the whole situation.

Ryan gave her a smiled, "Hey... Don't worry... We'll make things work... I promise..." He gave her a little hug... "I don't know what your going to do about clothes though... Are you any good at sewing?"

"I wasn't entirely planning on a surprise vacation here." Katie said with a shrug. She ran a frustrated hand through her hair as she looked at the pile of her clothes making a line which traced her steps to the bathroom.

She set the bowl aside and got up out of bed To pick up her clothes. She looked closely at the rip and went into the bathroom to hang up her clothes.

Upon walking out she just smirked. "I guess I'll be learning how to sew."

Ryan followed her into the bathroom... "I didn't mention this because you didn't really ask but... The real reason I moved up here is because I lost my wife in a car accident a few years ago... The reason I bring that up is because... I could never bring myself to get rid of her clothes... You and her looked to be about the same size... Since we are going to be together here... If you want to use them... you are welcome to..."

Katie wasn't sure if his gesture was sweet or morbid, and in a way, it was both. She felt really bad for him. It had to be hard to loose a significant other so abruptly.

"I'm sorry to hear." She said faintly. The room fell with a heavy silence again. She took in a breath. "She was a lucky girl to land a man like you."

Was that consoling? Katie never knew what to say in these types of situations.

Ryan smiled, "Thank you... Annabelle was quite a woman... So... I'll see you in the morning..." Ryan gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked out of the room.

Back
Top Bottom