Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Seeking Males] Fiction, Fantasy & Fandoms, Oh My! [Literate | Story-Driven]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemlock

Planetoid
Introduction

Hello. My name is Hemlock, so feel free to address me as such, or simply Lock if you prefer something shorter. I’m fairly diverse in terms of the genres I like to roleplay, but my favourites are fantasy, historical (most any period, including time-travel), cyber/steampunk, supernatural and science fiction (more Blade Runner, less Star Trek if you know what I mean). Though I’m not completely averse to modern, non-fiction roleplays, I would rather have a little more “spice” added to the plot in the form of a different time period or an intense action/adventure theme.

I’m rather new to this site, but please don’t let my post count scare you away! I’ve actually been roleplaying for approximately four years now so I’m not exactly new to the whole experience. I am, however, returning from a somewhat long hiatus so I apologize in advanced if my writing seems a bit rusty at first. I’ll do my very best to improve on this, but I’m going to need some literate roleplay partners to do so first. Do you think you can help me out with that?

separator.png

Basic Requirements

I much prefer roleplaying through forum threads but I am willing to turn to emails or PMs if you absolutely cannot bear the thought of forums.
Please be certain to check out my F-List as well.

Story-Driven
I’m looking for story-driven roleplays that demand interesting, goal-oriented plots and dynamic characters; preferably with a fair bit of action, adventure and mystery. Yes, I do expect there to be some sultry, steamy encounters later on as the story progresses and yes, I do enjoy roleplaying these out in intimate detail, but I do not want sex to be the main drive for the roleplay. Instead, I would prefer some tension and/or romance to develop between characters before they start violently ripping their clothes off. There are several exceptions to this, but if there are, they’ll probably be mentioned in a specific plot/craving down below or discussed through plot planning.

Literacy
I understand this has many different meaning for many different people so allow me to elaborate. In terms of spelling and grammar, I don’t expect perfection, but I would like you to be fluent with minimal errors in the majority of your posts. I can write, on average, about 2-3 meaty, healthy, descriptive paragraphs and I expect my partner to do the same. If you prefer to write more, please do so and I will almost always mirror your post size seeing as I am prone to going overboard with my own posts as well (this ridiculously lengthy request thread for example). I write in past-tense, third-person and I would prefer if you did as well.

To clarify what I mean by descriptive, I insinuate that you are able to successfully communicate your character’s actions, internal dialogue and other happenings within the scene. I want you to be able to respond to my character’s actions, don’t just bypass them and move onto the next scene. I also want to be aware of your character’s thought process, or what feelings they are experiencing in the moment.

Etiquette
I expect you to know the basics of proper roleplaying. No god-modding, no perfect characters, no disrespecting me out of roleplay, etc. But most importantly, roleplaying is a cooperative effort so I expect you to put in as much energy into the plot as I do. I almost always expect there to be some out-of-character communication between the two of us in order to discuss plot changes/twists and other things we wish to incorporate in the future. And please, for the love of everything that is considerate in this world, inform me if you are no longer interested in the plot or if you are going to be away for some time. Even if you disappear for months, just be sure to shoot me a PM afterwards. Please.

Characters
I mainly roleplay heterosexual female characters though some might be more sexually flexible than others; in either case, I’m looking for someone who roleplays male characters. In broad terms, my characters are of a neutral power dynamic though they do lean towards submissive during smuttier scenes. I would prefer your own character to be dominating or perhaps neutral but I find power dynamics to be rather fluid so I’d rather leave this for when we get into the details of a plot plan. I am also willing to play multiple characters and NPCs, but please discuss this with me first as I am somewhat tentative of roleplaying more than two or three main characters at a time. NPCs can be numerous.

Also, since the majority of my plots/cravings are of a fantasy/supernatural genre, it’s safe to say that although most of my characters are human in appearance, they are not often human themselves (witches, demons, elves, etc.). When it comes to furries or kemonomimi, I do have some limits. Wings, tails, animal ears, horns, patches of scales and things of a similar nature are all perfectly fine by me. In terms of appearance, I expect your character to never exceed a 10% animal limit. This excludes shapeshifting characters which are allowed as long as they retain their human form throughout the majority of the roleplay.

separator.png

Fandoms

I'm in a lot of fandoms (certainly more than those listed below) but these are the ones I’m interested in roleplaying. Feel free to ask me if I’m familiar with a fandom not listed here if you have a plot for it but note that I am entitled to reject it, or any fandom listed here for that matter, if I am currently not in the mood for it. No matter the case, I'll almost always be roleplaying original/non-canon characters (although I don’t mind if you roleplay canons).
If you see a [*] next to something, it means I would really love to roleplay it.

TV Shows & Films

Game of Thrones
Supernatural
Moulin Rouge*
Lost Girl**
Marvel [X-Men*, Avengers]
Blade Runner
Lord of the Rings
Jumper
Push**

Books

Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices**
Wondrous Strange*
Harry Potter [non-Hogwarts only]
Shiver
Where Dragons Lie
Alice in Wonderland [any variation]*
Sandman [up to vol.2]

Anime & Manga

Reimei no Arcana*
Blood+
Deadman Wonderland
Hakushaku to Yousei
Ningyou Kyuutei Gakudan
Inu x Boku SS**
Fruits Basket
Jiujiu*
Black Butler*
Vampire Knight
Wolf’s Rain

separator.png

Cravings

Please note that these are often updated and added to, as are the plots below. Anything in bold is highly desired.

• [*]Anything to do with fey creatures or elves. Preferably in a high fantasy setting.
    [*]A forced marriage in order to bring two species into harmony, or as a sign of submission from one culture to another. I'd prefer this in a high fantasy setting, perhaps as an addition to the aforementioned fey creatures and elves. Rather smutty, although I would highly enjoy an additional and more complex plot to this.
    [*]A smutty Selkie plot in a historical age. This may have a slight master/slave dynamic to it.
    [*]A plot focusing on angels. Not the modern supernatural, wings-and-a-halo kind, but more the biblical, elemental beings of chaos and creation. Would most likely involve nephilim.
    [*]A dark supernatural plot set in Victorian England or a steampunk universe. Perhaps surrounding a gruesome mystery or involving ghosts.
    [*]A dark fantasy/Lovecraftian version of Alice in Wonderland.
    [*]Something involving time-travel.

separator.png

Fleshed-Out Plots

These plots are always open to discussion and alterations so don’t hesitate to ask. I’d also be fine with adding some smuttier themes to them, they are older plots from non-erotic roleplays of mine so they are rather lacking in lust.
Also, many pardons for the cheesiness of them all, I'm a sucker for these things.

Howl
[ Werewolf/Human | Action | Supernatural ]
My character is a journalist working for the New York Times; her newest assignment is to write a column on the mysterious underground nightclub named “The Bloodstone”. This nightclub seems to have been around seemingly for an eternity and requires extreme VIP passage only. Not only that, but rumours and crime gossip grow around it like a bad case of garden weeds. My character gets in and is interviewing the bartender off-duty when something very, very wrong occurs. She’s rough-handled and tossed into the backroom along with some other guy (your guy, actually) and made to sit in front of a very intimidating man with teeth far too sharp and skin far too pale.

The confusion increases when there’s suddenly talk of vampires, werewolves, spies, stocks and wars thrown around the room like some sort of crummy pulp fiction novel. Except, this isn’t fiction at all. The Bloodstone is actually the headquarters of New York’s Vampire Clan which is currently accusing my girl of spying on them in order to gain information for the opposing Werewolf Tribe. In truth, it’s all a big misunderstanding; the true culprit is your guy, a highly trained Werewolf spy who’s also locked in the backroom with my girl and playing innocent while hiding a USB filled with important files the Vampires would hate to have in Werewolf possession.

Your guy’s lies and my girl’s honesty really don’t work out too well because soon Vampires are lunging for my girl’s throat and both our characters have to attempt a scrambling escape to freedom. Now every New York Vampire is trying to hound down my girl and your guy who was practically forced into dragging her along for the ride, lest she become a blood bag. They somehow manage to reach the Werewolf headquarters and pass over the information but it’s not over yet because the Vampires are dead-set on revenge. Perhaps there was something more in that USB than your character originally thought? While he and his Tribe attempt to figure the encrypted file, my girl’s life is pretty much over and done with as Vampires prowl all her usual haunts thinking she's in cahoots with their enemy. Well, I suppose being stuck living with a Werewolf spy could be a lot worse, right? Probably not as bad as having a human practically glued to your side at all times. Yeesh!

I’ll admit that this is more of a guilty pleasure plot than anything else. I’d really love a dominant, somewhat aggressive, sarcastic, typical bad-ass male for this role.

The Mix-Up
[ Reality | Action | Crime ]
My character is a successful journalist working in the crime department of her city's newspaper. Her newest assignment is to interview a rather seductive vixen recently accused (yet not convicted) of being the murderess behind one of the biggest scandals of the year. She’d had an affair with one of the most famous politicians in government whose son was running for president. The politician was mysteriously murdered after their engagement (and coincidentally when he changed his will to include his future wife) and although the signs were pretty obvious as to who did the killing, there was never enough solid proof.

The politician’s son, however, is planning to take justice into his own hands. His father’s death and the loss of his father’s money have put him behind in the political game and the chances of ruling over the county are not so great anymore. Thus, he has decided on the path of revenge. He has hired your guy—a professionally trained private bodyguard very close to the politician’s son—to kidnap the vixen and bring her to him so that he can force her to return his father money. And then perhaps make her mysteriously disappear.

However, the time in which your guy is supposed to kidnap the woman and the time my girl is supposed to interview her haplessly coincide. Thinking that it would be a quick in-and-out job, your guy originally panics when two women are present at the select apartment. Confused, and rather hurried by the chances of the women escaping, ends up kidnapping the wrong girl. Now the vixen has seen his face and has mistakenly reported to the police that both my girl and your guy were in on her attempted murder. Meanwhile, the politician’s son is pulling out his hair and desperately trying to dodge any publicity on this while sending other people to hunt down his old bodyguard in order to avoid the truth leaking out. How are the two characters supposed to survive this chaotic mess?

separator.png

Greetings Hemlock,
I would be interested in weaving a literary tapestry with you. It would be an untruth if I claimed to be the next James Patterson. In truth, I have been out of the Roleplay community for a number of years, so my composition might be a tad rusty. If you will accept my application of writing partner, I will do my utmost to bring grammatical correctness, detail, and an engaging story line to the table. If at any time you feel I could use constructive or corrective criticism, please feel free to comment. I have been flirting with a steampunk/apocalyptic storyline. Societal collapse brought about by an (insert apocalyptic event). I am not, however, confined to that story arc, or even that particular genre. I am simply looking for a partner to create a world with. Let me know if I peak your interest, and we can begin to throw around ideas.

UPDATE:
Having returned from a rather lengthy hiatus my fandoms, cravings, and plots have all been reviewed and added to. In addition to this, I have made some slight changes to my F-List. Many pardons if my writing seems out of order; I haven't had any opportunities to indulge my literacy habits in the past several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom