Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rise of Darkness (Alvis & Malicious Lullaby)

Faryn held her, liking the contact, the closeness, but damned if he knew what had just happened. He wasn't going to be saying anything to her, since if she didn't know and he didn't the result might actually just be scary for him to contemplate. And he didn't need more fear in his life. Besides, if it was the place, they'd likely know the next time they got together. And he had little doubt that they'd be doing this again. And probably soon. Unless her teacher kept her sequestered away in the tower for awhile. Time would tell He smiled, adn then just relaxed, holding her close to him.

They stayed like that for a long time, before Faryn noticed that the sun was starting to fade. He shifted, lifting her up, and setting her outside of the water.
"We have to get moving Ewyn. This place isn't safe after dark." He warned her, sounding utterly serious and faintly worried. He started getting dressed quickly, before turning to help her. He nodded, and started leading her out. They got maybe a dozen steps when a keening wail hit the air, and Faryn froze.

It was blissful, incredibly so. Being this way with him, marveling and reveling in the warmth his body had to offer and even more so just liking how his body felt against hers, arms wrapped around her, arms wrapped around him. That cheesy thought entered her mind like her body was made to meld into his but she dispelled it quickly, such a childish thought. And she wasn’t about to get ahead of herself. Silly things can enter the mind under some intense post-coital circumstances. She’d definitely hope she would be able to get out more often to see Faryn. Of course, on official business to Master Gall but Ewyn could mix a little pleasure in with the business…never hurt.

Ewyn didn’t even realize where the time went, far too content in his arms, not even noticing that the sun began to fade until he mentioned it. Sensing the seriousness of the alarm in his tone of voice, she didn’t make any arguments opposing his suggesting and clambered after, her legs still a little bit shaky but more from the position she’d be in, not so much the deliciousness of their romp. She dressed quickly, little flicks of her wrist having her corset tied quickly, hair tied back as it remained not entirely dry and moving quickly with him. All until a startling wail made her stop frozen and shocked beside Faryn. She was scared, really scared. She never ventured out much. She went from an Academy to someone’s tower and liked to think she was relatively safe in that carriage all by her lonesome. Right now? Well this sounded like it’d be worse than that nightmare.

She got the uncomfortable chills and her body began to tremble a little bit though she didn’t move, didn’t try to breathe and her words came out in a very quite shaky whisper. “W-What was that?” It seemed fear was a good agent. Unbeknownst to her, her defenses were up even if she was about a minute away from totally cowering. Ewyn hadn’t checked to make sure she had all the charms that Master Gall had given her before she left but she never took them off. It was there. All of it. And she felt it rising. Thank goodness for the power of fear…

Faryn looked around the trees.
"I have no idea." He said quietly. As he spoke, a form leapt through the trees, and landed in front of them. Just over six feet in height, it was long, and lean. Dark blue skin was stretched tight over muscle, and arms too long to be human ended in overlarge hands tipped with wicked claws that oozed a green slime that looked incredibly poisonous. It's legs were a match for it's arms, long and lanky, looking like they would be good for long, leaping strides that would make them fast as hell. Topping it all was a head that had overly large fangs that dripped the same slime as the claws, the lower jaw large enough that it looked like it might be able to take off an entire hand. A long, prehensile tongue lashed out at them. It repeated that keening wail, and leapt forward. Faryn moved to defend Ewyn, but the beast seemed to reboudnd of some kind of barrier.

Yoristan nodded as the sun went down. He'd made leaps forward in terms of defnesible options for his tower, but he felt terribly drained. If they came for him tonight, he'd be almost powerless. But the tower should hold out until morning, when he'd be recharged, and ready to face them. Otherwise, he'd have a massive host of abilities and tools to lay waste to opposition. He went into the tower, adn heead to his room. Time for some sleep. He paused, and then waved a hand, opening the lower levels of wards on his room only. He wanted to know. If someone else was trying to sneak Oneiromancy into his tower, this was the time to find out. Ewyn wouldn't be here to be vulnerable, and he might be able to learn something himself.

Ewyn’s hands at her sides turned into fists, subconsciously summoning and awakening, like gathering it all up together. She began to emanate of the energy she was building up, the more her heart beat increased, the stronger it became. Just as the creature jumped out in front of them, she gasped, her hands releasing their clenched fists, absorbing both of them into a shield, she still not yet realizing. All Ewyn was are of was her energy rising, her senses alarmed and that creature before them was threateningly terrifying, her knees just might have buckled right then. Just as the form tried to attack, she closed her eyes before hearing a small thud. She opened her eyes and saw the creature couldn’t push through. When she looked down, she could see the little wisps of her energy, suddenly aware and she remembered back to what Master Gall taught her, honing it, harnessing.
“Oh my stars…it worked.” She whispered. She couldn’t wait to tell her teacher. Provided of course she and Faryn survived.

Faryn watched as the creature battered away at the barrier, before turning and scopping Ewyn up, and starting to run.
"Less gawking, more moving! Whatever you're doing to keep it away, don't stop!" He shoute as he took off down the trail. He had a deep set fear of what was behind them, the kind that felt bone deep, right to the core of his mind, an instinct as old as caves and fire. What was after them was a predator, one far more lethal than anything that Faryn had ever seen. Because this thing seemed ot be able to think. It was trying to edge around Ewyn's shield, keeping pace with them with long, loping strides. It gave another of those keening wails, and it spurred Faryn to run a litttle faster. ANd then his heart sank into his stomach. Because the call it gave...was answered by more of the same.

“Right!” Priorities! As he picked her up and began running, she kept her focus, although her eyes were plastered to the creature as it chased after them, keeping up pace, getting alarmingly close but constantly rebounding against the shield she had around them both, making them very difficult prey! It was scary, like she could feel its breath when it panted, feel the pressure of its wail and for a fleeting moment, she dropped the shield when she heard more wails. Not by this one, but by others. It chilled her bones and she felt a sickening shudder wrack through her. “No.” She whispered. She closed her eyes, her heart pounding in her chest and her levels of energy rising up once more. Her hands clenched into fists and just as that creature could have struck, she released the fists, and it rebounded once more, but harder. As if she pushed it out, rather than just surrounding them. It shielded them of course, but it got a stronger reaction on collision. “Did you hear that?” She asked. “That sounded like…not just one…” Her words came out like her teeth were chattering together, she was shaking but kept the shield up, felt the hum of it and her pulse beating harder in her head. It was daunting and began to sap already.

Faryn kept his mind on running. No time for fear right now, only for running! And running fast! He could Hear Ewyn gasping, and was exceedingly grateful that she was with him. The monster would have overtaken him long before now without her shield. He lunged to one side as another one came through the trees ontot he trail, nearly splitting his leg open with a sweep of claws. He just ran, trusting in Ewyn to keep them both safe. They exploded out of the woods and ontot eh plains, his legs still pumping furiously. The monsters stopped at the edge of the woods, and gave utterly inhuman screams, the sound causing Faryn to stagger, wanting to cover his ears, but he couldn't with Ewyn in his arms. Seeing that they wouldn't leave the woods, he sank to his knees, his legs trembling. He set Ewyn down, adn blew out a long breath, trying to get his wind back.

To keep the shield up was relatively easy, with the right amount of focus and harnessing the energy properly to the targeted pinpoint. Doing anything more, unfortunately she didn’t know how to make them go flying or teleport them or attack the creatures. Attack. What was it she read on attack spells?
Ewyn was going to have to make this up to Faryn somehow. Poor guy was running his legs into the ground, through it and deeply and she felt like a squatter in his arms, even if she was keeping them alive too at this moment. Just not so much physical, but mental. But it was exhausting, taxing.

He stopped then and she stood on her own two feet. Keeping the shield up, she watched all around in rapid succession as the creatures came about, closer and closer to surround. Glancing back down to Faryn, he looked so tired, spent and trying desperately to get some air back into his lungs but at this rate, they wouldn’t have much of anywhere to go as they were becoming very quickly surrounded. Swallowing hard, her eyes frantically watched as the creatures got closer and closer, from all around them.

Ewyn took in a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her hands clenched together, the shield still up, but building in energy and strength, like the rebound was going to be greater but it’d be more than just a rebound. She could feel her energy skyrocketing, channeling every bit of it to the last bubble and with steady breaths, she was trying out something she had only read about. Something stronger that she had no practice of. It had already become taxing to keep the shield up for so long. She hadn’t practiced that either, keeping it up the way she did right now. No, that was new. But now she was putting ever last bubble of energy into this one. More wails, they were getting louder, nearer, more bone-chilling and blood-curdling. One more deep inhale and another deep exhale.

Boom. Her eyes opened, her hands unclenched from their fists and she took one step, just one step that sent a force so strong, a loud boom of energy and power, it hit against the creatures and sent them away, far, really far. Okay, not so far that they were displaced but far away enough from them, to allow them to get to safety. But that one step alone drained her. Her arms shook, her legs shook, hell, her entire body shook and her eyes started to flutter close. The shield tampered after the large blast, a couple of drops of blood fell from her nose and it was starting to feel like she wasn’t standing straight. No, soon, her back hit the grass with a soft thud.

Faryn looked back, seeing the monsters scattered back by some sort of bang, some blast that Ewyn had done. But then she was on her back, blood on her face. He shifted over, seeing it was coming from her nose, adn turned her head. Last thing she needed was it flowing back into her throat. That would be a pretty terrible way to end the day, if he did say so himself. After that, he let himself fall to the ground beside her, panting, his legs on fire. Carrying her weight was easy. Running? He was a little out of practice.
"Damn it. I think we might have been trouble there for a second." He gasped out.

Yoristan let himself sleep, holding a small glass orb that glowed with a pure white light. When he opened his eyes, he was standing in his sanctum, the top floor. And he was facing a pale man.
"I wondered if you might be bold enough to try this." The man said as he approached with a saunter. Yoristan smiled.
"Now I understand. Vampire. Probably the only reason you're alive." The mage responded. The pale man faltered, just a step, but there it was.
"The girl gave up so much of herself. Your tower is not going to hold."
"A shame she hadn't gotten a look at the wards until after you came. And you should know, I opened the wards specifically to have this chance to talk." The vampire stopped advancing.
"Wha...you think you're in a position to bargain with me?" His voice was incredulous. Yoristan smiled.
"No! You misunderstand me completely!" He said in a jovial tone. His face went cold, his voice matching. "I'm here to warn you. Stay away from my tower, adn my apprentice. If you enter the lands I'm protecting, you'll not enjoy it."
"What, will you send another crafted blast down the Ley Lines? Tell me mage, how many more of those do you have stored away?" Yoristan barked out a laugh.
"That wasn't a prepared blast! That was on the fly! Only my own power! And no real time to prepare!" He held up a hand, adn a pure white glow came to it. "Next time, you'll see how much of a punch I can throw when I've had time to line it up." The vampire took a step away.

It felt like something out of a bad dream. She was still buzzing with high awareness but slowly decreasing. She could hear it in her ears even as she lay there, blacked out completely. Once that buzzing pitch died down to absolute silence, her eyes opened, wide and full of fear and she sat up quickly. It was as if what just happened, hadn’t happened in her mind. That they were still being under attack. A delayed reaction of a sort.
“What are we doing?” She asked quickly, turning her attention to Faryn, oblivious to the blood stains that dripped down her nose. “We’re under attack! We have to go! We have to run!”

Faryn looked at Ewyn, and knew he was exhausted when the thought of the fact that she was cute when she was frantic came to him. He sighed, and rolled to a sitting position, pointing behind him.
"No. They're not leaving the forest. See?" He said tiredly. The monsters lingered near the treeline, snarling, as though something prevented them from leaving the woods. But her point wasn't wrong. He heaved himself to his feet, and tried to keep his breathing even. "But we can go. Get to the inn. And you'll need to let Mage Gall know that this happened. He takes care of this sort of thing." Faryn put an arm around Ewyn, partly to help support her, and to give him a point of balance. Stupid over exertion with his legs.

Chains whipped out of nowhere to enfold Yoristan, binding him in place as the vampire approached. Long fangs gleamed.
"You were a fool. Within this realm, I have the power. And you will yield your secrets." He drawled, confident now. Yoristan sighed, and shook his head.
"This realm? Is within my own mind. And you seem to forget. That for a mage, their power is not within their bodies." The chains binding him shattered, each link breaking at a precise point. "It is within their minds. You are trying to assault me within the centre of my power." The broken links all bent with the groan of straining steel, stretching out to make straight, shapened spikes, hundreds of them. Yoristan smiled, adn waved a hand, the spikes lashing out to impale the vampire. Not a single one missed. With a snap of his fingers, the steel went molten, and flowed, the vampire screaming as the metal crawled across his body to form a case of steel. The vampire toppled with a heavy clang. Yoristan walked towards him with a grin. "So. What shall we talk about?"

She looked around and calmed herself down, her heart rate calming down as well. She sighed deeply ran her hand through her hair which she didn’t even want to see right now. Her hands came down and she brushed the back of it under her nose, coming away with the blood that was there. Her eyes widened in alarm. What had she just done? All she knew she was tired but still felt like she had something buzzing in her. Probably the adrenaline of the entire situation; fear was a master manipulator.

Standing, she nodded to him, deciding to remain silent. She put her arm around his back, using his support to balance herself and also give him any help he might need before starting on. “Did I do this?” She asked in a soft whisper. “I don’t remember.”

"You did somthing different. It went...well, it made a bang sound. And it pushed them back, bought us a little more time. I wasn't really watching, I was trying to make sure I didn't trip or something." Faryn said with an edge of being worn out. He turned them, changing their direction a little, until he felt a stone under his foot, and smiled, looking down. A flat paving stone carved with symbols. Something else his mother had taught him. Staying close to those would help protect him while he was out and about. And they were strewn all over the field. So long as he could keep himself oriented, they could skip from safe region to safe region. The more he thought about it, the more he felt that these stones might be the reason that the monsters had not followed them. "We'll be fine now." He breathed.

The walk took them longer than he would have liked, but he managed to get his wind back, adn be able to walk without risking keeling over, and offer Ewyn a bit more in the way of support. They reached the inn, which was abuzz with activity, as per usual for the night. He spied the innkeeper, and then jerked his head, gesturing that they ought move off to the side to talk shortly. Faryn led Ewyn to her room.
"Are you going to be okay?" He asked her.

Different? Bang. Sound? Maybe that’s why it felt like her legs weighed a thousand pounds, it was torture to keep her eyelids from closing since all she wanted was to sleep everything off and there was a nagging voice, constantly reminding her that she had blood on her face in front of the man who took her virginity really not so long ago. But the latter wasn’t quite high up there as far as priorities went. And at the moment, her brain was in shut down mode. All of her studies proved useless if she didn’t have energy to summon the knowledge. But thankfully, walking wasn’t rocket science. It just felt incredibly taxing, though as their walk wore on, Faryn’s strength seemed to be improving and she found herself better supported by him. Thank goodness because it felt like her legs were officially dragging.

They were out of the woods, metaphorically, out of danger and closer to the Inn. For when they finally arrived, she just nodded to Faryn, walking into her room and making a tired and exhaustive bee-line to her bed. She lay down, not bothering with anything else and rubbed her nose, rubbing the now dried blood off. The side of her face was squashed into the pillow and she very easily drifted. “Thank you Faryn.” Was all she could get out before she was gone, lost in the valley of sleep. Ah, such a lovely place to be. She’d be up to par with rejuvenated energy in no time!

Faryn smiled as Ewyn conked out quickly, and shook his head. She'd be fine by morning. He hoped. He closed her door, and turned to find an unimpressed innkeeper.
"Faryn, I put up with a lor from you. You do good work while you're here, adn whatever you do when you go haring off to help people with Fae trouble brings in good business. But you abandoned your job tonight so you could go spend time with the new girl?" The man said quietly. His anger wasn't a raging thing beyond control, just something that simmered below the surface.
"We were attacked." Faryn said bluntly. The anger faded instantly.
"You two all right? Do we need to call in the healer?"
"No. She...maged up a ward for us, but...it's not the normal stuff. Not rabid animals, not bandit, not even Fae. Sir, something is going on out there, and I don't know what." The innkeeper nodded.
"Get some sleep then. Write out what happened, and send it back to Mage Gall with his apprentice tomorrow."
"Yes sir." Faryn turned, and clomped off to his room. Sleep sounded like such a good idea right then.

Morning dawned, the light slowly creeping in the wondow. When Faryn woke, he found that a lot of his body ached from all that he'd been doing last night. He pushed himself up with a groan, and rubbed his eyes, getting the grit out of them. He dressed quickly, clean clothes feeling excellent, before he half stumbled out of his room. The inn was still quiet, adn he made his way to the common room, and called out to the cok. Breakfast would be good, adn then he'd see about waking Ewyn, assuming she wasn't up already.

That night wasn’t a dreamless sleep. It wasn’t terrifying either. It was simply the entire event replaying back for her to see in her subconscious, vividly too and like she could actually feel the drainage of energy, the amount it took to create that big of a boom that she did. Goodness, did she really and actually do that? And then morning came. It certainly hadn’t looked like she was dreaming. It looked like Ewyn sleeping really hard. There was a wet spot of drool right by the corner of her mouth, her hair was a glorious hot mess, worse than ever it seemed since it hadn’t exactly been properly tended to after the hot springs and there was the faint sight of dried blood right under her nose that she hadn’t wiped. She looked to be dead asleep right now and man was she loving it!

There was even a little bit of a soft snore coming from her which was highly unladylike but Ewyn never prided herself in being much of a lady. She was raised by an elder mage who knew next to nothing about raising a young girl. She wasn’t raised like a boy but she was put to her studies and skipped out on the good graces of what a lady should be. It didn’t faze her and anyone who did know her, wouldn’t be able to imagine her as any more of a lady as it is. That was Ewyn’s charm. And at this hour, she most certainly was not awake. Not a chance. She hadn’t moved while she slept, why was she going to wake earlier than she had to right now?

Faryn felt almost human again after he'd eaten. Gods, but he'd needed a good nights sleep and a full breakfast. The innkepper was likely still out cold. He rarely woke before noon, to let him be alert for the evening rush. Still, Faryn stretched, adn knew that he should get Ewyn up. The last thing either of them would be wanting was for her to get back to Mage Gall late. He clomped to her room, and pushed the door open. And she did look like she'd simply crashed, and crashed hard. He shook his head, adn crossed to the bed, and tapped her gently. When that didn't rouse her, he sighed, adn quickly yanked the pillow out from under her head to wake her.
"Rise and shine Ewyn. It's almost noon." He said with a hsake of his head.

It didn’t seem to faze her. The tap to her shoulder. Yanking the pillow from under her head did, making her head flop on the mattress and she groaned softly. Hearing his words, she grumbled and turned onto her side, her back to him and she curled towards the other pillow that had not yet yanked away from her. “You really need to work on your bedside hospitality Faryn.” She mumbled. Although it did soon register that he said it was almost noon. She sat up quick before palming her forehead with both hands, a soft groan coming from her. Her head was pounding, her body ached and she was deliciously tender in between her legs. Although that lovely memory was squashed away by how…kindly she was woken up.
Is this when things became severely awkward? Or was this the last time she’d be sent to the village? How lovely…

"Raised by blacksmiths, remember? Weren't exactly big on tact and politeness." Faryn said with a smile as she sat up. "Now, we'll need t get you fed, and ready to go, and you still need to get whatever you were coming into town for. I'm going to step outside so you can get changed, and I'll make sure your breakfast is set out." He said calmly, before giving her a cheeky smile. He leaned in and put his hand behind her head, adn kissed her, pouring a good amount of care and affection into the gesture, letting it stretch on a moment before he stood, before she could get any ideas about pulling him onto the bed and revisiting yesterday. Things to do, and a schedule to keep. He winked at her, gave her hand a squeeze, and slipped out of the room.

He made good on his promise, getting a good sized breakfast set out, along with a willow bark tea, since she'd looked like her head was bothering her. He made sure it was all ready to go, laid out and set. And then got a mug of tea for himself, and sat down to wait for her.

All that came from her was an unintelligible grumble as her fingers kneaded her throbbing head. All she would like was to go back to bed and sleep the rest of the day off, yesterday having taken quite a lot out of her more than she expected. “No, but you have the tough of the heavens…go figure.” She snorted but regretted the action immediately when that only served to discomfort her sinuses and the aching pain. She took in deep breaths to calm the rapid pulse in her head, so not to tip it into dizziness, which would tip into nausea.

As he spoke, she didn’t look to be acknowledging, not wanting to nod her head, but she did understand what he said. Ewyn had pushed herself to the side-edge of the bed, about ready to stand up when he came closer. She opened her mouth to thank him when he suddenly kissed her, the kiss taking her mind away from the pain in her head and letting her melt all over again, enough to make her grip onto his shirt as if to pull him down closer to her. To pull him into bed. But her grip wasn’t very strong, simply light and he was probably wise to pull away before it could be more. The moment his lips left hers, she felt an aching, thinking it was an emptiness for the loss of his lips but really, it was the aching in her head.

He left and she rose to her feet slowly but surely and commenced a bath and dressing. It all took about fifteen to twenty minutes, probably longer if her stomach didn’t keep growling. The bath was so comfortable, warm and she could fall asleep again and it felt like an asinine procedure to dress herself since she didn’t relish the idea of putting on a corset. She had to though and the moment she tied it up before putting the dress over it, a deep violet with long sleeves that flared an extra inch at the end, she felt short of breath when she hadn’t been before while wearing a corset. It’d pass. It was just an aching head. Ewyn tied her unruly hair back with her green ribbon and then walked to the door, the scent of fresh breakfast wafting through the door and she sighed contently, like she just might drool. She was starving.

Opening the door, she smiled kindly to Faryn before eyeing the food with a lust that she had reserved for Faryn the day before. She wanted to make love to that food and let it fill her deeply to happy contentment and full bliss. “All of that is for me?” The tone of her voice showed just how excited she was. How hungry she was.

Faryn smiled as she eyed the plate. He had loaded it up pretty tall, he had to admit.
"I've heard that mages like to eat a lot. Keep their strength up. And you didn't seem to be too shy of food in the past so..." He winked at her, adn slid the tea closer to her. "And that should help with your head." He told her with a wink. It was going to be a long day, he knew that. He'd likely have to get some extra work done arounf the inn to make for his absence yesterday. Still, he had a sheaf of papers and a charcoal. He was writing quickly, the note that the innkeeper had asked him to write for Mage Gall. Once that was done, he did a quick sketch of the monster, before tucking that away, making sure not to let Ewyn get a look at it. The sight could well put her off her appetite. Now that he was done the offical business, sealing the note and picture into an envelope, and leaned back, paper and charcoal still in hand as Ewyn ate. He smiled, adn began to sketch again. His father had no talent for drawing, adn could barely write. His artistry with charcoal and words came solely from his mother, who had always shown incredible talent that her children tried to emulate, but could never quite make it.

After a few moment, he started shading different places on the sheet before he heard the innkeeper calling him. He smiled, adn tossed the page onto th seat beside him and stood.
"Be right back." He told her with a wink. The paper on the seat was a sketch of Ewyn. Not one of her eating or the like, but instead it showed her crouching down, a smile lighting her face brightly, and a small brownie in her palm. It looked...perfect. A flawless recreation of the scene.

“You’ve heard correctly. Although, mage or not, I think I’d still have a robust appetite.” She smiled. “Thank you Faryn.” She took the plate and her tea inside, by hand rather than with a flick of her wrist since she had nothing to do that with, just enough energy to function, like a regular human. Sitting down, she took to the tea first since he said it would work for her head. Thank goodness. She cooled it with soft breaths before taking tentative sips so not to burn her tongue. It tasted delicious and it soothed her joints and aches, allowing her to part with the mug long enough to begin eating. Ewyn was so consumed with her eating, noticed nothing. Not Faryn and his writing or sketching, just the fact she needed food to be able to function like herself all over again. She was accustomed to using high amounts of energy daily and to have used it all at once, it left her in a rather vulnerable state. She wasn’t up to her usual wittiness. Her most witty remark that morning was a grumble.

Only when Faryn was called for business, she looked up, mouth full of food, cheeks puffed out and she nodded her head before about to resume eating, resume stuffing her already stuffed faced when her eyes caught sight of the paper he had left. She put down her apple and finished what was in her mouth before standing, walking over to the paper and picked it up. Her cheeks heated the second she recognized herself in the picture and she smiled shyly, her eyes skimming over the immaculate detail of herself, the area they were in and the adorable little brownie she had been holding. She put it back down, her cheeks so red but she didn’t mind. She resumed eating, cleaning her plate clean and cleansed her palate with the tea, sitting back, comfortable and awaiting her favorite Faryn’s return.

Faryn nodded to the innkeeper, agreeing to his terms. It would be a simple task, just a little more communication between them about his... Fae related activities. That was fair, and Faryn was just glad he wasn't out of a job. He turned to go back to teh table, when he saw Ewyn sitting back down with a good deal of colour in her cheeks. Well, it wasn't like it had been a big secret or anything. And if he was being hoenst with himself, he'd have been giving her the picture anyway, whether she'd seen it or not. So this just sealed it. He went back tot he table and sat down, smiling.
"Good to see you were hungry after all." He mused idly to her, picking up the picture, and tapping the blunt end of the charcoal against it, as though contemplating adding something to it. After a moment, he folded a few bits of paper to make something of a case to keep it secure and undamaged in travel, and winking at her. He slid the picture across the table. "Something to keep me in your mind."

She looked up when he came back, finishing up the last of the delicious tea which had already worked wonders on her headache, that and the fact she actually ate. After all the energy used yesterday, both from her private time with Faryn and then their little dangerous debacle in which she gave it all up in a big boom, and all on a relatively empty stomach? Food and wonderful tea was a natural reliever.
She smiled at her new favorite inn keeper employee and sat up, placing the now empty mug down and nodded her head. “Starving. A lot of energy to recover after…extraneous events.” Her eyebrows wagged a little bit when she spoke those last two words.

Her gaze fell down upon the drawing he did and it made her cheeks heat up once more, wishing she had her tea still to cover her blush up with. “Thank you. I-It’s…” She cleared her throat, as if finding it difficult to compliment on a drawing that was of her, having captured her likeness to a T, she had never seen herself in that light. She actually looked…decent. “…very thoughtful of you.” That was a severely horrendous effort. “I-I mean that your drawing skills are phenomenal. You actually make me look like I’m…” She trailed off again, clearly finding it difficult to find the right words without being presumptuous. It was clear she didn’t spend many days thinking of herself. Everything else but, really. “…a woman.” An epic fail.
“But I’ll be thinking of you warmly, often actually.” Her cheeks turned red again. Was there no way to do this properly without clamming up intensely?! She wanted the ground beneath the chair she sat in to swallow her up. “No chance of a quickie before I go?” Did I really…?

Faryn smiled at her, and honestly had the temptation to take her back to his room, one last time before she went. But he also knew that he'd always be looking for one last time before she left if he didn't let her go now. Besides, he didn't want her landing in trouble with Mage Gall. He leaned forward, taking her head gently in his hands, and pressing his lips to her forehead. He backed up and smiled at her.
"Gives you something to come back for. Though maybe next time with less monsters." He winked at her, and smiled, before leaning back in to give her a proper kiss goodbye. "Don't forget to grab whatever it was that you came into town for. Besides me. Until next time Ewyn." He stepped away, winking again, as he collected her dishes, and had to sweep off. Work to do.

Back
Top Bottom