Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rise of Darkness (Alvis & Malicious Lullaby)

Her hands slid up his arms and around his neck, inviting him closer and eagerly too. As her body was laid back down, she welcomed his body over hers, her hands slipping from around his neck, down his chest, surprising to feel no barrier of his shirt there any longer. When did that happen? Never mind that, it wasn’t the pressing concern at the moment. There was no pressing concern, just the pressing need for him. Her lips parted from his own for only a smoldering moment, allowing her to adjust her body beneath his, one leg on either side of him, embracing him further. Her hands moved to his shoulders, sweeping his shirt off them with that motion and her lips found his once again, capturing them in a sealed kiss that would decide the rest of this moment. Her skin was flushed, hot and wanting, as was her skin in reality. Even the cool breeze of the night let in from the balcony window didn’t qualm that.

Oh, she was clearly very very eager for this young man, the way she seemed to throw herself into the moment. WHich suited him just fine. He let her push the shirt off of his frame. She had not seen him without, so the dream was filling in the blanks as best it could, giving him a weathered, muscled frame that woudl have fit what she hoped to find beneath his clothes. His hands came up to run along hte sheer shift, rubbing her breasts, before moving lower to hike the material up off of her lower body. His pants came loose, adn he shifted, letting htem fall lower. Still in her own mind's desires, his cock swung loose, eight inches long, and two thick, she apparently had a modestly ambitious desire for the young man. He smiled down at her, and leaned into a kiss, as he rubbed the head of his cock against the entrance to her cunt.

He was more beautiful than she thought possible. Rock hard body that felt divine to touch, oh she wanted to bite his chest, his shoulder, his abs, somewhere on him—not down there of course. His touch made her moan and her body respond eagerly to him, wanting more, needing more and thankfully he seemed to get that idea as he hiked her slip up, allowing her bare legs to wrap around his hips, inviting him in closer. His pants, gone, just like that and she almost wondered before she realized she just didn’t care, once again. Her hips pushed up into his own, her lips meeting his again and as their bodies touched, his cock touching the entrance of her wet core, she moaned into the kiss, her hands moving around his neck, fingers splayed in his hair. She parted her lips from his but they lingered, her soft breathing hitting against the soft plush and she looked up into his eyes. “Faryn…” she moaned his name both in the dream and in reality.

With a sigh he pushed into her. Images and thoughts swirled around, making him groan as much as the act of penetrating her. He ground into her a moment, getting seated, adn then leaned down, the thin shift rubbing between them as he rolled his hips, driving himself into her with that motion, beginning to work on her with a very time honed skill.

The form drifted through her room, and instantly, the form picked out a magical signature that was not supposed to be there. He drifted close to Ewyn, and saw her flushed, adn heard a maoned name. Typical perhaps, but doubtful, not with Yoristan so rattled. The form head directly back to his master.

"Oneiromancy." The word reached Yoristan just as he picked out a signature on the map of lines, quite distant, but radiating a signature that could very well be exactly what the form addressed. "Affecting miss Conal." Yoristan felt his face darken. Not on his watch. And not his student. He swept towards the stairs, already calling huge amounts of power to him. Time to deal with the problem.

Her head tilted back and she welcomed him deep into her tight channel, moaning deeply as he did so too. It was such a satisfying feeling, one she felt in reality, directed down in between her legs which were absently moving, rubbing together under the covers. Her hands gripped her pillow beneath her but she dreamt on, continued on. It was the most erotic dream ever. In it, Ewyn wouldn’t let him go. She held him close, fearful that he’d slip away. She bit down on his shoulder and moaned again. It was a pleasure she never knew but wished she sought out when she first met Faryn. To prolong this, to make her wait…it had been agony, more than she realized apparently. “Faryn,” she moaned his name, her nails raking down his back, she could feel herself already tighten and clench around him.

So much information, but not all of it, even like this, he knew it wasn't all of it, she was holding it back without knowing even as he worked on her. With a grunt of effort, he ground into her hard, bringing her as close as he could along, distracting her, before he called up an aspect of himself that was far more true to life. He leaned up, pinning her hands over her head, and leaned down, kissing her neck, his teeth nipping on the skin there playfuly, before he let out a sigh. Long, pronounced fangs slid out of his mouth, and without batting an eye he leaned down and sank them into her flesh, feeling blood rushing into his mouth. Everything that she was, that she'd done, that she hoped for, longed for, feared, it was all his now, rushing into him as he drank from her.

Yoristan rose tot he top floor, past the sealing spells that kept any but himself from it, and angrily waved a hand, torches blazing into silver light. He stepped forward, and the ritual circle inscribed on the floor ignited with power. He strode to the middle, and raised a hand, his voice lifted with chanted words. The vast red crystal began to rise, igniting with his words, and he drew power from it, and fed it into his words. The air around him roiled and pulsed with trapped power, distorting the view of the room. He raised a hand, a sphere of glowing light the size of a grape appearing. It swelled as more power rushed into it. The power flowed easily, and Yoristan grimly let his face spread into a grin. If there was one talent he had, it was ruining someone's day. The ball of swirling golden light reached it's height, he slammed it straight down into the ritual circle. The light flowed out, and down the tower, before racing along the Ley Line.

His eyes alight, the vampiric Oneiromancer smiled. It was all so easy. His companions sighed, and looked away, the man was clearly arroused from what he was doing, adn not only because his dream form was in the process of fucking a young girl. No one suspected anything wrong until a golden light rushed at them all. Everyone scattered, save for the vampire, who was too heavily linked into the line. The light struck him, and exploded, throwing him into the air, flame nad thunder coming from the impact point, shattering his concentration, and throwing pieces of burnt flesh far in the air.

"Faryn" jerked back witha scream, his form melting back intot eh one he'd first worn, before he was jerked into the air, and out of the dreamscape, shattering the contruct, and allowing Ewyn to wake.

Her body jerked beneath his, a sneak peak of a delicious spasm of pleasure that could turn into something more if he kept going. And he did. She threw her head back and moaned deeply, feeling the pleasure radiate through her and in reality, with such a force and connection, she felt it, really felt it, as if he was really there, taking her and giving her the time she should have been given back at the Village Inn. Still though, she couldn’t tell between reality and fantasy. It all felt too real. She could feel everything. From the way his cock thrust deeply in her, the way her pussy walls clenched to him, as if trying to milk him for all he was worth, everything. The stretch of her arms above her head and welcoming the assault to her neck. Everything was perfect, just like she dreamed—literally. “I’m so close Faryn, cum—“ She started before a piercing pain slashed the blissfulness of her dream.

Now, Ewyn started to thrash a little bit as the Ewyn in her dream dug her nails deeply into ‘Faryn’s’ back, urging him to cease the assault on her neck. “Faryn, it hurts. P-Please, stop.” Her voice faltered in her plea. Her limbs felt like jelly now, the more he drank and her attempts to push him off were of no use. In reality, Ewyn was panting hard, her grip on the pillow beneath her head tightening, if nails could cut fabric. Beads of sweat gathered on her forehead, along her body. Not from the heat of pleasure but from the nightmare that was unfolding in her head. She actually cried out in despair but didn’t wake. Whatever was keeping her under…

In her dream, something was happening. A flash of light and then the reveal of his true form. It wasn’t Faryn. It hadn’t ever been Faryn. It was that man from before. How could she not have known? But it all happened so fast, in a moment he had been there, now he was gone and her eyes soon shot open. A rush of air filled her lungs and she sat up. Her body was shaking, the arousal gone but her body felt too hot, too flushed, not in a good way either. It was as if she felt so cold but she wasn’t. Her legs swung over the edge of the bed and she stood on shaky limbs. Where was it? Where was that stupid bell?

Going to the balcony, she stepped out and her fingers grasped it weakly. She rang it, not as strong of a sound as it would have been if she wasn’t shaking, if she didn’t feel horrendously violated and like she just woke up from the worst nightmare ever. Oh, she wished she was back home where if this had happened, she could have gone to her father. He would have made it better. Ewyn was scared. She wasn’t fearless and while she normally went head first in rather than contemplated a lot of things, this had really rattled her bones, to her very core. What had just happened?

Yoristan flowed down the stairs, moving as rapidly as he could, outpacing the form that couldn't make use of hte magic, not when it was incapable of touching hte steps. He moved down the hall, and pushed Ewyn's door open, not caring much about propriety right now. She'd been attacked in a dreamscape, adn that could have a lot of far reaching consequences if he hadn't gotten to her in time. Gods, he hoped he'd ogtten to her in time.
"Ewyn! Ewyn!" He called, hearing the faint tinging of the bel as she shakily tried to ring it. Not what it was meant for, he admit, more for mundane things, but he was here all ready. He went onto the balcony, feeling the chill night air touch him, even through his robe. Ewyn might not feel it yet, but the cold would be getting to her soon enough through that shift. He waved a hand, conjuring a heavy blanket. It wouldn't last more than a few days, but it didn't have to.

He swung the blanket of her shoulders, and crouched slightly, looking her in the eye.
"Ewyn! It's me. It's Yoristan. Are you all right?" He asked her, real concern in his voice. He noted that there were two red marks on her neck, the power of the Oneiromancer enough that she was likely suffering some mild spiritual wounding. And that would take time to heal. Fortunately, he could help with that.

Even as she could faintly hear her name being called, she didn’t stop. It was like she was lost in a trance, her arms close together against her body. The cold was starting to seep in from the night breeze but her body still felt so hot, although it shook more now. She felt a blanket wrap around her and as she was turned, the bell dropped from her hands and made a small clank on the ground beside her feet. She looked up at Master Gall and there was this look in her eyes, or well lack thereof. Devoid of that usual brightness and more dull and she wouldn’t look him in the eye. She kept avoiding it. “Master Gall.” She whispered, looking off to the side. Just for now, she’d be quite a bit shaken up. Something had just happened to her in a way she never thought possible to actually happen before. There were different forms of magic apparently and it was like she had just gotten hit with a dose of the really bad kind. In a couple of days time, she should be bouncing off the walls all over again.

“N-No.” She answered his question finally, looking up at him for a moment before once again avoiding his gaze. “It was a cruel joke. It wasn’t him. It was someone else.” If anything, she was just afraid to go to sleep now.

Gall sighed. He didn't know what was going on in the dream, but from the sounds of it, the Oneiromancer knew enough of his business to be able to pull images from her mind to disguise himself. That wasn't a good sign as far as he was concerned. But Right then Ewyn was going to need some comfort, some explanation, and likely something to soothe her nerves.
"Come inside Ewyn. I'll explain this out to you." He said calmly, moving her into teh tower. They went a floor up to the lounge, seating her on a couch, while Gall sat nearby, not close enough to invade her space, but not so far she couldn't reach him if she needed it. He handed her a steaming mug.

"You were hit by an Oneiromancer. A Dream Mage. They're rare, and dangerous. But I sent him something to dissuade him from ever trying again. Frankly, I'd be surprised if he was still alive at this point." Gall told her honestly. "But more to the point, now that I've been able to see his magic at work, I can weave a ward to keep him out. Or anyone like him. And make a charm for you as well to keep you safe from him wherever you go."

"This...isn't a common thing to happen, and I didn't think there were any of his kind on this side of the world. I'm sorry I didn't get to you faster than I did, but it's over now. He won't be able to hurt you anymore." Gall reached a hand out and rest it on her shoulder.

Ewyn moved slowly but surely with him, leaving the balcony and her room altogether. Going to the third floor, the same floor she liked to swipe fruits from, she sat down on the couch, pulling the blanket tighter around her shaking frame. After he produced a steaming mug of something hot and delicious, so it smelled that way at least, she took it and took a shaky sip, the warmth of it warming her hands and also warming down into her body. It was heavenly as it passed down through her throat, so much so, she closed her eyes to savor the feeling. He began to talk and she opened her eyes once more, looking at him and absorbing everything he spoke.

What a cruel joke. And she had fallen for it. Did she really have such a strong desire to see Faryn again that she was so easily susceptible? With a heavy sigh, she took in another sip, bigger than the first and the hot liquid felt scalding as it went down her throat, causing her to make a small face but nonetheless calming and soothing.
It was scary knowing that this wasn’t something that happened often. That it was rare. So why was it happening now and what did it mean that it was? She wanted to ask him these questions but she couldn’t find her voice to do so. For now, she reveled in the comfort in his words and his gesture and nodded her head, though for the life of her, she didn’t move. “Thank you, Master Gall.” It was a bit of an effort just to say that. Her heart started to beat normally now, having slowed down from the alarm of the entire situation but her eyes were wider than normal, as if she just might not see sleep for a while. “May I have something to eat?” If she wasn’t going to sleep, might as well try to qualm the uneasiness in her stomach. Although the tea was helping. It was tea, right? It had to be. It tasted like tea.

Yoristan nodded. He raised a hand, and light tinging sound, like the bell sounded. A pair of more solid human looking forms of blue magic appeared.
"Please bring the lady a meal. Something hot." He told them. They both nodded, and rose straight up through the ceiling. They would take care of things. It was what they had been created to do.

"You are my student. And yes, still new to the job, for both of us, so long as you are studying under me, I will support you how I can, and protect you as best I can. That includes teaching you to protect yourself as best you can. So. Once you've got the basics of mental defences down pat, we'll move on to mental defences, to make sure this never happens to you again. And will prepare you for any other attempts to intrude into your mind." He explained. "You'll be safe Ewyn. I promise you that. So long as I call this tower my own, you'll be safe here."

"Is he dead?" A man asked. The smoking form of the vampire was twitching. A boot prodded it, and a rattling sound came from the body. A moment later a young girl was dragged out of a cage, adn brought before the vampire. As she screamed, a ritual knife opened her neck, pouring her life blood onto the body. Flesh began to writhe and knit together, the blood revitalizing it. A few moments later, the vampire sat up, bare to the waist, but healed.
"Were I not as I am, I've little doubt that strike would have slain me out of hand. This...mage in the tower is perhaps more dangerous than we thought." He said, his voice like ice wrapped in velvet.
"He's good at what he does. That's why there's more than one of us. The plan remains unchanged. Get more information."
"Of course sir.

She took another sip from the hot mug, the warmth of it calming her shaking nerves and body. She was no longer shaking and she was able to finally make eye contact with Master Gall but the brightness in her eyes that was usually there, sparkling with some kind of mischief or meddlesome trouble was still dull. That would take some time for Ewyn’s spirit to return back. It was probably glued to the ceiling in her room, jumping out of her from the fright.
Ewyn had calmed down enough that she could speak, voice her concerns, ask the question that seemed to be the biggest elephant in the room. Why?

“Why did this even happen? What was he trying to gain?” Only then she was able to realize she was only wearing her sheer slip, extremely thankful for the blanket around her which she subconsciously pulled closer around her to keep anything from a prying eye.

Yoristan seemed to note that she was developing a bit more attention to her blanket. He did note that teh shift she wore seemed a little sheer, so spoke a single word, and spun his finger. The blanket wrapped around her, flowing, adn reforming until it was a robe, tied at the waist.
"There. Easier for us both." He said with a faint smile. "Now. If I had to guess, I'd say they were looking for information. And found you sleeping, without a ward against the magic, so they came at you. As for why you...just plain bad luck of the draw I fear. It's not that they were looking for you specifically, they'd have taken anyone they found asleep here. I don't sleep very often anymore. So...I know it's probably not what you were hoping for, but it's all I have to offer by way of explanation."

As he finished, the forms returned, carrying a large bowl that stemed. It set it down on the table, and departed. The bowl had a spoon sticking out of it, and had a dark, thick liquid inside of it. Yoristan nodded. Beef stew, heavy stuff. Good for a chilly night. He lifted it, adn handed it to Ewyn.
"Eat. It should help." He said calmly.

Her arms shot out a little bit as the blanket took a life of its own but soon shaped around her like a robe. She sighed softly and contently, bringing her legs up to the side of her and marveling in the warmth the blanket had to offer. From the blanket and the hot tea, she felt like she was coming back to life slowly. As he explained why it all happened, she nodded her head slowly. Ewyn understood why he probably didn’t go to sleep anymore or often. Even if she could defend against intruders in her dreams, she’d stay clear of sleeping still, just for the safety. It never hurt to be safe than sorry. Even if it meant she collapsed from time to time from exhaustion. It’d take some time to adjust.

Before she could ask what they were even looking for by intruding in her dreamless sleep, her food arrived. The scent of beef stew wafted through her nose and her stomach growled most unladylike but she didn’t even care. Her eyes were wide and big, glued to the bowl of piping hot stew, a sparkle of Ewyn’s spirit back. All because of…food.
Eagerly, she took the bowl after placing her mug down and she lifted the spoon with a hefty helping of soup and blew it on carefully before putting into her mouth. Withdrawing the spoon out, her eyes closed as she let the delicious savory hot liquid go down her throat. “Oh my stars…I have died and gone to live with the Gods, this soup is heavenly!”

"That would be because it's a stew." Yoristan said with a smirk. "But I had a friend help make the cooking constructs, and they've never failed to make a fine meal. The bell summons them, and they'll make whatever you like by and large. And they're available, day or night." He stood up with a nod. "But I have some wards to put up around this place, and a charm to make for you. If you feel up to it, you might find it interesting to watch the work being done, else, you'll learn about wards soon enough." He stepped away, adn moved tot eh stairs, not paying attention to if she followed or not. Redoing the wards was a big job, and he'd need all of his focus, especially after that punch he'd thrown through the Ley Lines. He unsealed the uppermost floor, figuring that he'd make good on his word if she wanted to watch him work.

He smiled as he saw that the torches were still lit in the ritual room, and he took a deep breath, tapping the reserves of power he still had left to him. He reached deeper, finding the thrumming power of the Ley Line, and tapped it gently, siphoning off enougy power to do what needed doing.

He raised his hands, adn a brilliant network of silver lights spread out around him, moving in the shape of his tower, the light connected by slender threads. He saw the point that the spell had penetrated. And the residue that was left was enough to tell him a lot about the skills of this mage. He was good. Very good. He'd bypassed the passive wards without touching them. But the residue was what he needed. He reached out a hand, and the threads of dark, oily looking power lifted. It made his skin crawl to touch it, but he lifted it before him, adn spread it out. It was a large network of black points, threads between them in differetn patterns. It was like picking apart the weave of a tapestry. And once you knew how the weave worked, you could better deal with it. He moved his hands in an intricate pattern, little points of light appearing in front of the blackness, in opposite positions, making a ward specifically against this kind of magic, and tehn waved a hand, sending the new weave into the main one, the image of the tower shifting as it took in the new ward. He nodded, adn looked at the sky. It had been almost three hours of work.

“Soup, stew, potato, potahto.” She mumbled, too busy to eat to really care about the difference. It was delicious and this just proved that eating fruits all day long certainly didn’t last long enough if it felt like she hadn’t eaten in years. Ahem, days, but of course. She mumbled her ‘thanks’ about the cooking constructs but she hardly looked up from her meal. Big gulp after the other. And when she got beef chunks, she chewed not at all like a lady, not at all like she had a secret, but like she was starving, because she was. That and well it was so delicious. Just as he offered for her to take observation as he redid the wards, she was already done with her stew, her stomach so full, she thought she might burst. If anyone were to poke a hole in her, all that would come out would be the stew. Better than entrails, blood and other guts.

Standing, she put the bowl on the table next to the bowl of fruit and took her mug of still hot tea. She followed Master Gall and then watched in astounding amazement as he began to work on redoing the wards. It was fine magic with exact precision, like he knew exactly what he was doing. Well, that’s because he did. Ewyn didn’t realize the time going by, she forgot about her tea and it was even better that she could seemingly see what he was doing. It was awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping amazing.

This was why she adored magic. It was amazing what one could do with it, kind of like what an artist could transform a blank canvas into. Magic.

Yoristan turned to see Ewyn standing in silent observation. He swept out a hand, and another weave, this one looking identical to the last one, the ward protecting against the dream intrusions, and he wrapped it into a cylinder, brefore pressing it between his hands, forcing it smaller, until it was a tight ball of silver light. He extended a hand, and it shot out to Ewyn, hitting her in hte centre of her chest, adn spreading out around her, wrapping her in that light, before collecting around her wrist, and soldifying with a loud crack. On her wrist was a small silver braclet.

"That isn't permanent, but it will hold for a month or so. By then I'll have had time to build you a proper charm that will never wear out." Yoristan explained. "Now. I don't blame you if you're a little leery of sleep right now, but you will be safe from it now. Either get some rest, or look into stduying. I still want to get you up to speed with some basic defences."

Ewyn watched him and she raised a brow at what he was doing now. When all of a sudden the ball of light he created shot to her, she stepped back, as if suddenly afraid when it enveloped her. Soon, on her wrist was a silver bracelet. She lifted her arm and pulled back the sleeve of her blanket robe and her eyes widened. He just did that right now, like it was nothing, as if he was just plucking a ripened fruit from a tree to throw at someone! She was officially in awe. It was one thing to simply study the magic, read about the histories and origins, it was another thing to actually watch it. It was always amazing to watch, like watching the first of the fireworks set off into the sky, signaling either the beginning or the end of a glorious celebration.

“Thank you, Master Gall.” She said softly, looking to her bracelet before to him again. She was tired, especially the heaviness of that stew which made her feel all sorts of lethargic but she was afraid to sleep, even if he claimed that she was protected. That fear was enough to keep her wide awake. “Perhaps, if I might suggest, maybe you can show me them rather than reading up on them? Forgive me, but I realize now just what a difference it all is. Reading is one thing, but actually seeing how it’s all done, now that is something else entirely. And if you were not too busy, perhaps you could spare some time to show me? Teach me? Please?” If ever there was a time…

Yoristan nodded.
"I'll help you. But I still espect you to read it, learn the theory behind it. It will help in the long run. But! The circle is still charged, be a shame to waste it." He told her, stepping close to her. They were maybe an arms length apart.

"Close your eyes. Try to clear your mind. You know the feeling when you use a minor spell, like one to heat water, that feeling of power working according to your will. Will is what makes it happen. So. I want you to imagine...a fence. Straight and tall. Made of wood, blocking out all kinds of things. Now, keep that in your mind, and push your will into that idea, the thought of your will. Open your eyes when you feel like the power is starting to flow out of you." As he was speaking, he knew she was getting it, because a faint, glowing barrier was starting to form in front of her. It was weak, adn wavering, but it was actually impressive for a first attempt. With some practice, adn some refinement, she'd have a good barrier to hide behind.

“Of course. I just figured that will all the fine energy around, now might be a good chance as any to try it out. To put my knowledge from the reading to good use.” She shrugged her shoulders a little bit before he moved towards her. She was ready.
Ewyn did as he said, closing her eyes and letting mind be cleared. It was a bit of a difficult task for the most part considering her mind was still bustling with the events that transpired still so recently, the dream, the experience, the horrifying reality of it all. Someone was out there trying to bring darkness to this realm. They didn’t know who exactly or why.

But she managed, clearing her mind of everything. She did as he said, imagining a wooden fence. Fine wood, crafted and picketed together by twine, dug deep into the earth. It was a solid structure that couldn’t be broken through by anything, not even the strongest of creatures. Except for her will, pushing into it, allowing the energy inside of her to gather at its peak. It felt like her body was humming. Her hands at her sides came up, palms closed, she could feel the energy radiating, vibrating almost, through her. Her eyes opened and her hands opened and by sheer force of will, that faint glowing barrier turned into something more, stronger. Not extremely powerful but more than a flicker. It felt empowering but also consuming to hone her energy, to strengthen her magic. Already though, it felt taxing. To channel that much energy at once. It was different than channeling into an exerting exercise outside.

Still, it was magical.

Yoristan nodded.
"Good, good, keep it up as long as you can." He paused, thinking about whther it was wise to skip ahead so to speak, but if there was a risk of attack in the area, she might need the edge. "Now, can you still feel all that magic in the air from the tower? The heightened ambient magic? Thik about it. You should be able to feel it trying to seep into you right now, since you're pouring so much magic out. Let it in. Relax, and let it in. You should feel better, adn it will take the strain off of you." As he was speaking, he saw her body relax some, and her fence steadied. He reached out, and knocked on it, the sound ringing in the air, and his hand causing little ripples to move through the image. "Congratulations Ewyn. You've taken your first step into a larger world. A world of magic."

Toristan was surprised at how fast she'd picked up on this, but he knew that fear could be a powerful motivator, and she'd been scared good and proper before this. Still, it was heartening to see.
"Now, your homework is going to be reading up on this kind of barrier, finding ways to do it easier so you don't have to exhaust yourself when you use it. And practice it often, until you can do it like it was second nature. Once it's easy for you, we'll work on making it better. And I might be able to make you a few tools to make it easier on you. Do you think you might be able to rest now?"

The encouragement was grand to hear, motivating her well to not let the taxing feeling ruin it all and pushed through. It was a hearty feeling knowing she could prove herself to her teacher, as if proving herself worthy. That even in the aftermath of such an incident, she could still push herself, be true to her potential. And she did and that lifted the fear, her simple will replacing it.
A soft sigh came from her and her eyes closed once more. Rather than blocking out all external focuses, with that single breath, she opened herself, not to just anything, but the ambient magic that pervaded through the tower, the reason she actually felt comfortable here, indoors. It felt like a wave of relief surging through her and it was a welcoming feeling to be perfectly honest.

Opening her eyes, her arms relaxed, her fingers and palms no longer stretched out and with an exhale out, the barrier faded. She smiled at Master Gall and bowed her head in a grateful manner. “Thank you, Sir.” She said softly.
New instructions, new homework reading but all that she was more than willing to do. The more she understood, the better her chances for applying it to her magic. “I will do that. Again, thank you. And thank you for earlier, the whole saving thing.” She pulled tight on the blanket robe around her and relaxed her shoulders. She felt very tired now and maybe, just hopefully, she could enter into a dreamless sleep, to prove his charms worked. “I think I can. If not, I’ll simply read. I’ll retire now to my room. Goodnight, Master Gall.”

Yoristan nodded, bowing his head to her.
"Good night student Conal. Rest well." He told her. As he watched her leave, he raised tehwards that would keep anyone but him from climbing the stairs. He turned back to the ritual circle, adn saw a faint green glow in the centre. It wasn't intrusive, but it was asking permissionto enter. He opened a small gap in the wards, allowing the access. The form that shaped up was tall, nearly as tall as he, and wrapped in close fitting metal armour, stained a deep blue, like the night sky. A silver mask with naught but eye hole in it covered the face of the being.

"Called you much power this night." The form said, the voice still clear despite the mask.
"I did. I don't know if this is an isolated incident. It could be a much bigger problem. I assume that's why you're here?" Gall said calmly. The creature nodded.
"So I am. What do you wish of me?"
"Find me information. I need to know. I do not ask you to fight my battles. But I need to know what I am fighting, and if the Oneiromancer was alone. Your people can move in places I cannot. So...will you help me?"
"Aye, we will. Pacts were sworn, oaths exchanged, and debts must be paid."
"Thank you. Fare thee well."
"And you, Yoristan Gall." The creature melted back into the floor. The board was set, and now he had a few pieces of his own on it. Now he just needed to know what game he was playing.

She made it back to her room where she shut the door and padded softly to the bed. Removing her blanket robe, she crawled into bed and set the blanket over her, turning on her side. Much to her surprise, when her eyes closed, she fell asleep quick. Either she was no longer afraid or that little tidbit exercise with Master Gall did leave her tired all over again than she had been previously. She slept well, peaceful and completely dreamless.

The next few days, Ewyn followed well with her studies. The few days that had gone by since the incident, that brightness that made Ewyn who she was, returned and her ever excitement to learn returned, as well as her zest for life in general. It seemed with the practical assessments given to her by her teacher, she was fairing pretty well in her studies and her magic. Since she was able to better harness all of her energy at once, the more she practiced, even on her own when she’d take a break from the readings, it wasn’t as taxing as the first time. Each time she practiced, it became less and less taxing, didn’t tire her easily and also became increasingly easy.

Few days more later, marking about a week since the actual incident, her mind kept drifting towards Faryn. Could she see him again and want to see him again with all that had happened in that dream? The answer was always yes. She thought of him more often now and it was already starting to come in the way of her studies, sort of. She knew that if she wanted to actually go to the village again, she had to keep up her end of the bargain and do her work that Master Gall gave her and any other expectancies from her. She couldn’t fail him and she felt she was doing so well as it is. But that day, after figuring out where he usually hailed inside the tower, she approached the door and knocked on it softly. She had one request. She wanted to go to the village for the day. She’d finished the assigned reading he had given her the day before and was ready for any assessment he’d require before he sent her off, if he let her. Ewyn needed to put her mind at rest and ease. And the only way to do that, she needed to go to the village.

Back
Top Bottom