Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Grr I'm aggressive! no wait i'm submissive!

Ivory11

Star
just a little thing I noticed while on here and browsing through the Female requests.

I see a title that indicates she wants to be aggressive, she knows what she wants, a title like "the Lioness is on the prowl, who's gonna be her prey?" and the first line of the request thread is "I'm submissive ONLY" and all I can think is "that's false advertising!"

anyone else get that feeling?

It may indicate the player knows what she wants, but the character is submissive. You can still play an aggressive submissive. I have a foul mouthed brat of a character who, outside the bedroom, can be very dominant and aggressive. Inside, she's submissive with an attitude.

I can understand where you're coming from, though. It almost seems misleading, especially when one plays a certain mindset or type of character and is seeking something specific in a partner.

I really wonder where this 'sub with an edge' archetype came from. I would decimate a sub who acted like that during a scene, and I think most other doms would too...

It's not generally accepted behavior, I mean. I've seen it pay off - A brat is a good way to weed out the more would-be among doms, but that's it's own weird domination game completely separate from the accepted notion of 'submission'. And yet, online, you find nothing but unwilling subs.

Dominant personalities that lack the wherewithal to enforce their will? Bizarre internal moralizing? Non-consent fetishism? No idea. Weird as hell, though.

It all depends on the roleplay. The roleplay I use her for is roughly consensual. The Dom and the sub are both agreeing to it, and she just happens to mouth off a bit during sex to get taught a lesson. She'll mouth off purposely just to get dominated, and the Domme knows that. Its mostly for the physical aspects, too. The sub enjoys being tied or bound, and also enjoys feigned resistance to be punished.

If the roleplay was non-consensual, I would expect my character to get the shit kicked out of her, and she definitely would shut up after that.

Oh of course, cuz all submissives are brainless, personality-less doormatts that want to suck every single persons toes and jump when you use old rapey Twue Dom tricks

It's a complex issue, considering there is so many archetypes and stereotypes (especially for women in any fucking subculture) if you don't like it, don't play with them. Simple as.

I consider myself an intelligent, bratty sub. I am of course capable of deep, sedated and humble submission and obedience, but not any old fucker gets to have that because they say they're scarey or Mister Sir Fucksalot. A dom/sub relationship isn't founded on a mean 'decimating' dominant and a weak complacent submissive??? And this general idea is what makes the BDSM community so fucked up and a disadvantage for newbies who get jumped on by sexual predators and wannabeDoms

Being assertive, confident and strong are not Dominant exclusive behaviours or attributes. I'm all of these things, even though my preference is to be taken advantage of. I ENJOY when a dominant lets me mouth off, maybe finds my attitude cute like you would a ferocious barking puppy. I get a little thrill from getting a reaction from dominants but not in a manipulative way- in a cheeky way, and the realisation I could be in trouble. 'Light' trouble, not 'you've pushed past the line' trouble.

It's about personal preferences, but how about we all realise we're adults and invest more in communication with our partners rather than bullshit

In short I take it as what they/their character wants is to be broken down/manipulated/coerced into doing something "Sub Like", I understand that as I like to play sub roles as well yet rarely are my submissive characters just vessels to be abused at will, I like some depth to it all.

Also keep in mind this is Role Playing, many people like story line and character development to go along with their kinks, so it all works in together to form a story even if at times it seems like a contradiction.

Come to think of it, I don't play clear cut Dominant characters either, I like conflict and a variation in motivations and personality.

Back
Top Bottom