Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assume

Supernova
Several days ealier...Crouching down Priest Cross gazed at the corpse of a woman, who was torn into two from her waist. Her top half laid rotting as it seemed she had died about a week or so ago before he had came. This seemed to be an occuring theme since Pastor Cross began his journey to the Kingdoms. "Trolls.." Cross whisper as he stood up, pulling out a bible from his cloak, he took off his hood. Saying a small prayer for the women, he stood up as he made his way deeper into the town. This town famous for its church, the priest of this church was a dear friend of Cross. Recently the priest of the church had been mailing countless letters to Cross by pigeons. Warning him of some kind of evil that was going to befall the land. At first he didn't believe him, truly he had to be mistaken, but seeing the town that he had visited about a month ago in ruins now, he finally believed him. Picking up the pace, he saw more corpses, some even more brutally murdered than the woman whom was at the entrance to the town. Cross feared the worse for his dear friend. Quickly he made his way to the church, only to find that it had been completely destroyed. Though that wasn't the most disturbing thing, hanging upon what seemed like the only wooden pole that survived of the church, was the priest. He was impaled upon it. Looking away for a brief moment, Cross squeezed his fist. "I'm...sorry..I couldn't make it in time.." he said as he fell to his knees. After a few minutes he found the strength to finally stand up. Taking down the priest, and gathering up the corpses of the villagers, he buried all of their bodies...at least what was left of them...right behind the ruins of the church. Giving them all a prayer, he promise to not only avenge them, but to make sure that this wouldn't happened to anyone else.

Seeing this massacre shocked and frighten the Priest. Not for his own life, he could care less about his life, but he feared for the lives of the church goers of his town, as well as the orphans that his church housed. He knew he should have probably been back in his own town, guarding it, but he had a journey of his own to make. What good was protecting his church and town, if he couldn't do the same for others. Seeing that he couldn't be everywhere at once, he sent messages to the king to sent aid. Not hearing any responses after a few days, he decided to head to the royal castle himself to talk to the king in person.

"Amen..." The priest said as he closed his bible, finishing his prayer for the fallen members of the town. As he was about to leave the town, and continue his journey, he heard some clapping noises followed by a cruel sinister voice. "Amen...!!! Y'know..that was the last words said by that priest too..before I planted him up on that wooden pole!! Hahahahahhaha" The laughter of the Troll seemed to echoed throughout the destroyed town. Turning around slowly the priest gazed at the troll with bloodlust in his eyes. "Oh..was a friend of yours? I'm sorry!" the troll laughed as he started to dance in circles almost as if he was having fun. "I guess he was a friend of everyone here! Y'know before we came that lady you see outside...was screaming...I'm pretty sure you know what lady I'm talking about!" He obviously meant the corpse outside. "But I don't think she's a lady anymore..haha..oh you could hear her cries! Screaming..for the priest to flee the town. Oh priest...Ro...AHHHHHHHHHHHH" Before the troll could finish the name of the priest, a cross shaped knife flew into his mouth as it was planted right into his tongue. "You will never..mention his name from that filthily mouth of yours.." With his hood over his head, Priest Cross walked towards the troll, he looked more so like a demon than a priest. His eyes filled with rages.

The troll bent over on the ground pulled the dagger from his tongue, but there was still pain as it seemed his tongue was burning. "YOU DAMNED PRIEST...! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU.." the troll said, but because of his damaged tongue his words were just gibberish. Looking up from the ground, the troll was about to grab a club from his waist, but he was too late as the priest managed to draw his weapon even faster, slicing his head clean right off with a short sword that was concealed in his cloak. Moving over to the fallen head, he planted his foot on it, squeezing down on the served head, he quickly removed his foot from the head, picking it up by the trolls hair, with that he left the town with a bad taste in his mouth. "I can't delay this trip any longer.." He knew he had to hurry and fast to the kingdom......

Inside the the castle walls present day The king sat on his throne as a council was being held. Usually during this time of the day, some villagers would come and meet with the king and his council members to discuss the problems they faced. The kings throne was on top of a small platform. Below it right next to him stood, the kings guard. Ragnar. Ragnar had saved the king numerous times in battle some years before during the great war, the king owed his life to him. Ragnar was known as the kings mad dog. All he knew since he was born was killing, and he was great at it.

"Please your grace..the gods haven't been good with the seasons. There have been no rainfall for a while, and my crops they are dying.." said a farmer, who wanted some water from the storage house in the kingdom for his crops. Sighing, the king shook his head. "Okay..you may have five buckets of water..!" he said waving his hand for the farmer to be removed, from the room. "But..but.." the farmer started, knowing that wouldn't be enough water for his crops, but before he could say anything he was removed by one of the guards. "Next!" he king said, when suddenly the entrance to the room, was kicked opened. Everyone instantly turned to see what was going on. Some guards threw there swords, as well as Ragnar to make sure he would be ready to protect the king. "What madness is this! Who dares enter my royal council room uninvited. "I am sorry..your grace...A Priest enters unannounced..but what he has to say will save the kingdoms and countless villages..." Cross said as he enters in.

The king softly sits down. "A priest..? You don't look like a priest..does this priest have a name?" Taking off his head, everyone was a bit taken back by Cross' appearance. "No..I have long since abandoned my name...the orphans and the churchgoers call me Priest Cross..."

RE: Trolling the Medieval Ages! (Assume x Celebstars)

Standing on the edge of the cliff, the woman stood there with her crossbow on her shoulder. Looking down below, she saw everything that the priest hadn't. It was horrible, the death sickening which made her gag and feel repulsed. These monsters...monsters that were meant to be gone and only talk of legend appeared and swarmed the town like a plague sent from god. People were killed, stabbed and sliced before being murdered in cold blood. Buildings were torn down and burnt to the ground with evil cheers and chanting. Gemma wished she could help them, save them, but she wouldn't be able to. There was to many of them and the cliff was to high up anyway. There was no way down and the route around the cliffs was days long.

Leaving the Cliffside, Gemma wiped away some tears as the smoke behind her climbed in to the sky. It would of been seen for miles, alerting nearly every town and kingdom near by.

Walking through the forest, she didn't understand what was going on and how anything like this could of happened. She knew what she had to do though, report back to the king. Gemma was a scout for him, the very best in all the land. He had sent her to keep an eye on the rumours which were flooding everyone's ears. Trolls had emerged and were taking down every village and town in their path. They seemed to be heading towards her location. Riften was the centre piece in the country. It was where the King was based and served as a protector to everyone else around him. South of his walls was untouched by these creatures, and that needed to stay the case.

Gemma made her way through the kingdom walls and up past the townspeople before entering the castle and speaking to the King. "My King" Gemma said, entering his personal quarters which was off limits to the public. "The rumours are true. Hundreds, if not thousands of trolls have passed the mountain and taken out Skyder in their path." (Skyder of course being the town.)

"Well done Gemma, get some rest. I will speak to you in near time." The King stated, letting her leave. She returned to her chambers with in the castle and wouldn't speak to the King until a few days later.

On this Present Day.... Gemma had no idea that the King's hall had been interrupted by the Priest. She was outside checking the mountain grounds of the Kingdom although she was sure it couldn't fall under attack. It was tightly secured, there was no way up apart from one pathway which was heavily guarded. Only civilians would of been able to pass. These creatures must of realised that otherwise they would of continued to attack after Skyder.

Heading back to the castle, she walked in to the hall and saw the Priest and King talking.

"Cross?" The king chuckled a bit. "You don't seem much like a priest to me!" Cross stood tall with his hands behind his back, he held onto a small brown knapsack, as he offered a small but pleasant smile. Bowing his head a little bit in show of respect he nodded. "I get that a lot, more often than I would like. The children at the church were a bit frighten of me..the first time they met me." Cross replied. "I can see why.." the King joked, Ragnar had drawn back his sword, as did the other guards. It seemed that the man was harmless. "I'm sorry though your grace. I haven't come here to talk about me. What I did come here to talk about is the evil that has fallen this land!" Cross said in a firm tone that seemed to make everyone in the room stand still with goosebumps. "I'm sure most of you, like I, have heard about the rumors of there being trolls that walk upon this land. There are no longer tales that we tell to our children" Some whispers started to grow in the royal room, as members started to talk amongst themselves.

"Silence!" The king said, as the members in the room quickly went dead silent. "I've heard these rumors to be true as well..." the king finally said. "And we are working hard to get something done about it." The Priest gazed upon the king, he couldn't believe what the king was saying. Upon arrival to the kingdom, he had noticed a few things. There seemed to be more guards than usual lined up outside of the castle grounds as well as inside. "And what may you be doing about the situation?" The priest said, with a little harshness in his tone. "What am I doing?! Well what do you think? My kingdom is obviously the top priority! So I must protect it!" The king instantly snapped back at the priest. "Of course your grace...But what about the other villages? Towns? Churches? You do rule over all the lands, don't you? Not just your fancy castle?" The king was getting quite annoyed know. "Now you watch your mouth! You may be a priest...But I am the king!! Keep speaking out, and I will have your tongue!!" The king shouted as he got up from his throne, before slamming himself back down, taking a deep breath before cooling himself down. "I understand, what your concern is, I don't have enough men to go on some wild goose chase to find some bastard trolls! We don't know anything about them. Where they will attack or what they will do!" The king answered.

"So, you plan to leave your people to die?" The priest snarled. "Have you taken a look at what the the villages have been like after the trolls came and conquered? The trolls leave no survivors!" The priest said this time talking to everyone rather than just the king as he gazed around the room, pulling his brown knapsack up into the air. "They kill whoever gets in their way, murdering them brutally, in ways you could never imagine. And for those of you who think what I say is false....." Turning over the bag, he dropped the head of the troll that he had killed. The head rolled on the floor, some of the women in the courtroom screamed as the some of the men backed away. The king looked on shocked as he saw his first troll. Turning his back, the Priest threw on his hood as he started to walk out. "Sit on your throne and enjoy your protection...I'll be the one to put an end to this...even if I have to do it by myself.." The priest said as he exited the courtroom...

Cross travelled a few miles away, when the night suddenly started to sit in, walking a few feet away from the trail he decided to set camp up. He approached a few trees as he found a nice one to sit against. Grabbing some branches and twigs, he would get some rocks and he started to make a fire to keep himself warm for the night. Pulling out his bible, he started to read some passages to occupy his mind, as well as pray for the safety of his town and the church.

Gemma was listening to the way the man was speaking to the King. She couldn't help but agree with him, it wasn't right that the King stayed cooped up inside his castle defending his kingdom when in fact he needed to defend his lands. Gemma also knew that they had no men to spare. At best, they would have five thousand men ready but it wouldn't be enough. Their best bet was to defend the kingdom on the mountain. They would have the advantage being on higher ground. When the Priest stormed out, everyone was still in shock looking at the trolls head. Gemma received a motion from the king to remove it, she walked up to it, grabbing it by it's hair before walking in to another room. Getting a candle she burnt the flesh off the troll as it start to turn to ash.

That whole evening, Gemma was thinking of Cross, the man in the hall. She had a burning desire inside of her to go and join him on his mission to try and rid the world of trolls. Picking up her crossbow, she used the strap and hung the weapon on her back as she made her way outside. Not caring of the consequences, she decided to leave and help the man. Passing guards on the way down the path, they asked where she was going at this hour. "Tell the King I join the priest" she said, walking on without a care.

Being a scout, she could track the man's prints in the dirt and it wasn't long before she found the campfire he had set up. "I figured you could use some help" she said, standing near the fire with her arms folded.

"Amen..." The priest uttered after closing his bible, before looking up as he heard a voice. Gazing up at the women before him, he had his hood on. "The watchdog of the king." It seemed Gemma's reputation was known wildly, Cross had seen her once before on his travels in the kingdom. He heard a few rumors about her. "And you figured I needed help for what reason?" The priest was a bit suspicious of her intentions, having just left the kingdoms in a rather unruly way. Looking into her eyes he could see that she meant well. It seemed she had a pure heart. Sighing, he placed his bible into his cloak. "The king seems to value you highly..would you get in trouble for joining me?" getting up from his seated position at on the tree trunk he gazed at her, approaching her softly as he was face to face with her.

"I'm not sure how much help another person will be.....But you're welcome to come along. Just don't get in my way, and if try anything funny I won't think twice about ending your life." he said in a harsh tone. Turning he sat himself back down on the tree. "The journey should be a long one. We should get ourselves some rest." he said as he started to close his eyes. "You can put out the fire.." he told her.

She didn't like the way he was speaking to her. He seemed to dislike her, nor trust her which Gemma could understand. When he turned his back on her and laid down by the tree, she stepped over him and placed the cross bow to his cheek, pressing it firmly. "If I wanted to kill you I could. Don't underestimate me. You threaten me again you won't have any hands to pray with." Leaving his side, she stamped on the fire with her leather boot before going to a tree opposite him and sitting up against it. Putting her crossbow down on the grass she placed a bag she carried to next to it. Inside was ammo and some food, things she would need to survive. "And yes, I would get in trouble. I just walked out on the King to be by your side" Gemma closed her eyes and went to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom