Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The viking and the princess (Saber and Miserychord)

"You did not fail Magnus. One man against a dozen of his enemies in a surprise night attack is hardly fair." She pulled on the cloak and fastened it around herself before climbing onto rhe big horse wirh his help. "I will lead him. You just relax." She smiled, giving him an arm to help him up.

“I should have still been able to defend you, this is what I had trained for...” his tone trailed off, but as she got onto the horse he climbed on after her and had an arm around her, though he kept the hand at a reasonable point on her stomach as he leaned forward faintly. “Okay... All on you then, Ariel. Let’s just get a bit of distance between here and get close to the town. We’ll arrive back tomorrow morning.”

She leaned back against him and nudged the horse with her heels to get them moving. She tried her best not to nofice how she fit against him or how his hips rocked into hers as they rode. A faint blush krept to her cheeks but she remained silent, calmly and expertly directing the horse towards their village.

With his body so close to hers he did feel the warmth radiating from her skin, and the way her body pressed against his while they rode. Still keeping against her, his breathing did get a little slower as they rode though that was more trying to lessen the burden of him being against her. “We can probably stop there...” he said, the sun beginning to set and the trees nearby providing dark, gloomy shade. “And then travel to the village in the morning, Ariel.”

She found herself in a comfortable silence with him and even jumped slightly as he finally spoke. She nodded and led the horse towards the grove of trees. Once there, she slid off the animal and moved to help him get down easier. "You rest. I am going to find some wood for a fire and something to eat."

Giving a nod, he soon dismounted the horse and rested, looking at his arm. The bandage was bloody, but he had kept it fairly clean and tried to not rely on it so it should heal within a week or two properly. “Very well, just be safe out there alright?” He asked, his eyes on her. Trusting her to be smart he also knew that she was going to be better than him at gathering and foraging right now, and he would soon sit on the cool grass and wait for her return.

"I will." She left and returned right before the sun completely set. Her arms were full of plants and other things. "I found some wild greens that are safe to eat as well as some blackberries." She sat her load down and worked on making a fore to keep them warm. "I was unable to trap any game but I did find these quail eggs."

“We can make quail eggs with herbs at least. Better than nothing.” If he had a bow he could hunt proper, but for now this would do. “I keep a skillet in the pack of my horse so we can sue that with a fire. It won’t take long to set up.” He’d help prepare a fire as Magnus was a bit stubborn and wanted to use his arm though he did take it easy and slow with how he used it.

Ariel watched him move about to fix the fire. "I also found some yarrow to dress your wound. If you'll let me." She showed him the herb. "I can boil the leaves to make a poultice. It will stop the bleeding and help jump start the healing."

With the fire safely lit and growing in the pit, he extended his arm with a nod. “That will be for the best. Something to ease the pain and keep it clean will meana faster heal for it...” his tone trailed off. “Will you help undo the bandage then? It should be replaced anyway, better for a new one if you’re going to medicate it.”

Ariel began boiling the leaves down while she removed the bloodied bandage. A soft hiss left her as she looked over the wound. "I wish I had some comfrey salve to dress it with. That would help it close on up." She began gently washing the wound, using a strip of her ruined dress.

“What you have now is good enough, if you can tend to it at home i’m sure an apothecary will have a more proper salve. This’ll do on the road and for the night, just try to be gentle with it?” He asked, eyes running over her briefly as he faintly flexed the arm to try and keep it in good condition while she washed it.

"I will be." She murmured before beginning to dress the wound. She lay the warm leaves over the cut gently after she had washed it with the liquid left from boiling them. She tore another strip from her shift and tied it tight before sitting back to look at her handiwork. "Does it feel better?" She asked softly, looking up at him.

“It’s feeling better now, thank you. Still stings but it’s not the worst pain i’ve felt.” He would keep the arm relaxed after her washing and cleaning of it, giving her a quick nod. “When we get back to the village i’ll make sure to replace your dress, I don’t really want to feel like i’m the reason you’re using it all up.” Not that she had much dress left, to be honest. "Let's try to get some rest. You sleep, i'll take first watch and wake you when it's time to switch." While he didn't worry about being attacked again, there were always hidden dangers in the wilds.

She looked down at the tattered remains of her dress as he promised to buy her a new one. It barely covered her most private areas anymore. "There is no need. I have plenty to replace it." She clutched his cloak around her tighter and moved over to lay down on the ground. It was uncomfortable but she soon found herself falling deeply alseep.

As she slept he did exactly what he promised, keep watch. The trees around them helped break up some of the smoke from the small campfire and as the hours waned, he’d keep watch with a hand on the shft of his axe. It wasn’t until about six hours into his watch that he’d nudge her, waiting for her to wake up and prepare before he soon rested, sleeping on one side to keep his body in good condition.

Ariel begrudgingly awoke as he nudged her. It was her turn to keep watch and he needed to rest to heal. She got up and brushed herself off before sitting near their small fire. She wrapped the cloak tight around her to ward off the chill in the air that came with nightfall. She looked over at him occasionally as she waited out the night. His bandage was already turning bloody where his wound still seeped. It worried her and she would be sure he saw a healer as soon as they returned to the hold.

He would soon lie down, resting on his good arm through the night, his arm still hurt and wounded – but he had been hurt in battle before and knew he would recover. But as the hours turned and dawn steadily broke through he would rise with a yawn, slowly shifting to sit up. “Mmm...Ariel, are you ready to go? We can eat while traveling.” He knew he was at least a bit hungry, she must have been moreso. “We’ll get there before too long as well, so if you are prepared to go...” As he shook the fatigue off of him, he would prepare for the journey ahead.

The young woman's head turned as she heard him start to move about. It was just barely dawn and the sun had not risen over the mountains fully. "I am ready and I have already eaten." Her breath ghosted in front of her lips in the chill morning air. The cold told that winter was not long off. Standing, she wrapped the cloak about herself and moved to check his bandage. No longer was the blood bright red, but a rust color, signalling that the wound had clotted and the blood had stopped flowing. "How's it feel?" She asked quietly, handing him her makeshift bundle of berries and nuts.

“Oh, you have? Good.” he gave her a small nod of his head, his breath also showing in the somewhat foggy morning. But as she handed him some berries and nuts he ate the nuts first, chewing them steadily. “Hurts a bit still, but it’s usable for light tasks. I won’t trust it to anything important or stressing for a few days. Still best to have it looked at by the medics when we get back him, worst that’ll happen is it will hopefully just leave a scar, though. Thank you for tending to it.”

Her eyes softened in the dim light of morning and she gave him a smile, rosebud hued lips parting to reveal her brilliant white teeth. "You are welcome Magnus but it is I who should thank you. Had you not come upon us when you did...." she shuddered at the thought and image, feeling those brures hands all over her tender skin. Her upper arm and breast was bruised where he had grabbed her, the imprint of his fingers marring her creamy skin.

“I saw, you don’t need to say if it it makes you feel uncomfortable.” As he continued to the horse he’d offer her his hand as he got onto the saddle, helping her up when she was ready – again allowing her to ride infront. “Take us to the village, i’m sure they’re worried about you and seeing you in good health will be a sign of good fortune at least. Your father will also stop worrying himself to death.” his body would be firm to the touch, hardened and taut muscled underneath his armor.

Ariel climbed onto the horse with his help. She buried her hands in the stallions mane and clucked softly to him once Magnus was seated. Leaning back into his warm body, she tried no to think about how perfectly she fit against him, soft and lush curves against hard and unforgiving muscle. His hips cradled her ass and she fkund herself blushing as she was josteled against him.

His good arm would wrap around her stomach a bit gently, though his fingers would hold her against him firmly to keep her from moving so much – and he found himself just a bit more excited than he should have felt as she jostled against him. But before long they could see the walls of their city, and the guards opening the gates as they approached and saw her. “Princess, your father awaits in his home- head there now.” One of them said, giving her a bow of his head as the gate closed behind.

Her breath would catch as she felt his steely arm wrap about her middle. The heat from his flesh seemed to sear her, in more ways than one. She mentally scolded herself as they came upon the city. She nted the guards words but would see Magnus to a healer before attending to her duties. Nudging the horse in the direction of the houses of healing, she noticed all the looks she was getting. Some scorn...mostly when they would catch a glimpse of her bared breast, and mostly happiness to have their princess returned.

Back
Top Bottom