Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The gift of Love myself and sharpii.

StardustSeduction

Banned
Banished
Swinging his legs out over the side of his bed Daniel looked over to his Laptop which he left running over night, the day was december tenth and judging by the time on the clock in the bottom right of the computers screen he had been asleep for roughly 12 hours. Bringing his sinistral upper appendage up in a slow motion he brushed in a messy manor his spiky brown hair exhaling a small sigh Daniel moved his right hand on the mouse then clicked on the mouse's buttons to open up his email account as he usually did every other day.

The email account he used popped up on screen with a suprised look on his face he spoke in barely a whisper just incase the rest of his family was still asleep. "Melissa's sending me an email in the holiday's?" He asked himself as he clicked to open the email from the girl he knew from his school. While he awaited the email to be opened he turned and slipped on a piar of denim jeans then looked back at the screen. "I wonder what she could be emailing me for, she only ever emails me when one of us have skipped school." Clicking on them ouse again he changed the webpage before looking at the email properly just giving it a quick scan for now, Daniel logged himself into his social network and started to read the blogs that his friend had updated on their networks.

It was another typical morning for Constance. Waking up, showering and doing all that girly stuff before she finally sat down at her computer. She had always been a computer addict. Associating herself with plenty of online games and groups/forums, definitely making her way through the cyber world. It was easier than through the actual physical world because she wasn't a very social person. Reclusive, shy, closed up and she was terrible at making friends. The only way she did make friends was through a group at school. Because of it, she had one great friend; the ultimate gal pal.

She ran a hand through her semi-wet black wavy hair--that of which she had yet to comb or style to her preference--and pulled up a browser to start her daily computer whoring. It was then that she got an instant message from her friend Melissa--aka the ultimate gal pal--that said to check her email. Constance needed constant reminders to check that since she never did. Curious, she raised a brow and did so, only to find she actually had an email. Strange, she thought. No one ever sent her emails, not even Melissa. That's what instant messenger was for. She clicked it open and because her internet was oh so slow, she got up and went to her bathroom to blow dry her hair and style it to her liking. So she wasn't a very social person at all but she did have one hell of a unique fashion sense and was obsessed with making her hair perfect. It was her OCD.

Daniel turned to face the window then suddenly looked a little curious it was still early to him so he was wondering who in the hell would be ringing his celluar phone at this time, gripping the phone into his left hand he looked at the caller I.D. then slid it up and spoke. "Hello Melissa, do you have the slightest idea of the time?" Daniel stated with a little hastiness as he swept his right hand through his hair.

The voice on the other end of his celluar phoen his friend from school the girl he knew to be Melissa by now was softly spoken. "Yes I know what time it is Daniel but do you ever read your damned email?"She asked him. A somewhat puzzled look entered his face as he looked at himself in the small mirror on his desk. "Yes i do but when I can be bothered, why does it have anything important in it?" Daniel asked with a hint of curiousity the girl fell silent then hung up suddenly.

It was maybe half an hour later and her hair was finally perfect and done. Usually after she takes a shower, her hair got all stringy and wavy and totally out of control. If she put on a white gown, she may be mistaken for the bride of Frankenstein, though after blow drying it that is. After that, she usually straightened her bangs and flipped her hair a few times to get that naturally bouncy and voluptuous look to her hair. Only then was she ever a happy camper.

Tying her hair up in a messy bun, she sat down at the computer and saw several emails from Melissa, all with cryptic titles for the subjects. Pulling up the IM window from her, she wrote back:

"Is it anything like The Ring where if I open the message, I'll have seven days until I die a deformed death?"

"Honestly? Jeez, paranoid much? Just open the damn email Constance. You'll thank me later."

Minimizing the window, Constance let out a small sigh and just opened the first one. Narrowing her eyes, she sat back, a confused look on her face. It looked like a scavenger hunt type of thing. Like a trail or map; some kind of route to follow and at the end she'd find a heart? "Jeez, cryptic much? What a bunch of--"

Her phone rang and she picked it up. "Hello?"

"It's not a bunch of boo-hockie Contance Llew Forbes!" Then a dial tone came. Laughing a bit, she shut her phone and shook her head. Melissa knew her way too well. It was a little scary.

"Fine." With that, she printed the map and got ready for a long day. If this was Melissa's way of getting her out of the house...well it better be worth it.

Sighing Daniel slid his phone down and put it back on the table, laying his hand back o nthe mouse he moved the cursor over the bar which opened the window containing his email inbox and clicked on the button which opened the window, then started to read the emails he had recieved staring with the very top one and working his way down to the one Melissa had sent him.

Contained within his email was clue to some sort of paper trail memorising it he stood up and closed his curtains, and sat on his bed and started to think about it softly talking to himself. "Beneath the tree there you will see a little present from me, within this gift you will find the secret to the lift for your next clue." Sighing a little he looked at the clock. "I wonder what she means by that?"

Given her lack of coordination as well as her lack of direction, following this map was quite difficult. Figuring it'd be easier to do this on foot rather than hijack her mom's car, she was sure she was lost, but everywhere she was going was perfectly in sync with the trail she was following. Maybe she wasn't a total loss after all. It was just common sense.

Constance passed by plenty of shops, restaurants and other stores, eventually passing by the entire shopping area altogether. Passing the busy roads and only nearing her destination. It sure was a good thing that she loved to walk otherwise she'd be all up in Melissa's face for the pointless walk. Okay well every walk was beneficial but it'd be pointless if she found nothing and missed out on plenty of computer time.

Looking from the map to the area ahead of her, she saw a park. She knew this park; everyone did if they at all had any kind of good taste when it comes to parks and recreational fun. As she walked further towards it, she glanced back at the map. There were two trees. One marked with someone's name the other marked with her's. She'd like to think it a coincidence that the trees were named after her and some other guy but she had a feeling it wasn't. But because she was sort of trained to not really pay attention to things that didn't have a concern to her, she didn't think at all on it when the tree was named for Daniel. Standing right before the tree now, she looked over it, finding a hole in it. It was big enough for just a hand to reach into it and that's what she did, though very carefully. Never would know if this tree inhabited any sort of killer bug. Oy...a nightmare. And with that sudden paranoid thought, she reached in quickly, felt for something papery and grabbed it out and ran off, not wanting to linger around for any bug to attack her.

"Ok so the email mentioned trees, that could only mean the park." Daniel muttered to himself as he slipped on a pair of black sneakers, shifting to the door he moved his dextral upper body appendage coiling the digits of his right hand around the nob of the door then turning it. Looking back over to his bed since it was starting to get dark it would'nt hurt to take his torch since the wooded area of the park would be slightly unlitten yet.

The journey to the park was fast for Daniel a mere 10 minutes, he had rode there on his younger brothers BMX, every one in this town who had some sort of social life knew about this park from the best of friends to young lovers anyone who was anyone had visited at least once. Getting of the bike he began to push it towards the wooded area he knew it to well he and his brother used to play in this park alot as kids.

Looking around the the trees with a flash light giving him all the light he had apart from the odd cars speeding by on the road nearby, sweeping the are the light caught two trees side by side with writing carved into them, Daniel looked at the writing on the first tree it was a girls name, and the second tree had his name carved into which made him mumble to himself. "Mellissa what are you playing at?" Looking at the tree with the girls name on it brought a thought to Daniels mind to wait around see if this girl was being sent on the same wild goose chase as he was. Looking around as he waited he noticed in the distance leaving the park was a figure he could not make out if it was a female or male though.

It would seem that darkness cascaded over the one blue sky in a matter of moments. that only proved her lack of direction and getting around, all results of being such a reclusive girl and the fact that she just may not really know her way around this town as much as she'd like. But no matter, using the map in her hands, she managed to get back on course towards her house. Perhaps her next clue or whatever would lead her to find the ultimate treasure.

Stopping for a moment as the curiosity of what was inside this envelope was getting to her, Constance stood under a tall street light on the sidewalk so that it's light hit on her to give her some idea as to what she was ripping into. Opening the envelope, she read it and raised her brow. If anything, Melissa always had a knack for the riddles and unexplained since this clue was so totally beyond her. Scratching the back of her head, she pulled her phone out and called Melissa. Thankfully for Constance, her crazy friend did pick up.

"Constance! Oh my god! So did you find the first clue?"

"Yes, and I was wondering if you'd maybe shed some light as to what it means."

"Oh come on! It's not that hard at all, really. Look if you know me and my whimsical ways, then this clue is a total no-brainer. So get on with it missy! You don't have all the time in the world!" With that said, the line clicked and Constance let out a frustrated sigh and shut her phone. She just took the walk of shame back home and threw the envelope and clue on the ground and lay on her bed. She'd never figure it out!

Didn't Melissa know how much of a defective person Constance was in every aspect of life and talen?

Pinned to the tree with his name on it was an envelope, snatching it down he quickly opened it then put the flash light in his mouth so that he had some light to see the writing on the paper which had been concelead in the envolope on it was another clue which only made Daniel do the obligotory cursing under his breath. His words were obviously in-audible to anyone but himself, reading the clue in his head he suddenly began to pat his pockets down looking for his cell as it began to vibrate then the ringing tone came slowly louder.

"God damnit Mellissa whats with this wild goose chase you call a treasure hunt?" Daniel asked the girl on the other end of the line in a rather nasty toned manner. "Just follow the clues for the ultimate prize Daniel, best be quick before Constance gets there." taking a deep breath as if he was going to chew her out, but Daniel didn't have the time too Mellissa had hung up on him again, Daniel sighed and pushed the bike back towards the path mumbling yo himself along the way. "What is Melissa playing, whats is this ultimate treasure she could have got?

Laying on her stomach, she stared at the clue for about thirty minutes. And then it hit her. The only way you can find me is if you look deep within the waters of the Riverbend. Of course! Melissa was right. It was so simply and given the fact that Melissa was quite the loony woman, it made sense that she'd have to take a dip into the Riverbend and there would be the clue. Right?

Grabbing an extra change of clothes because she'd be soaking wet, she left and ran in the cold to the Riverbend. Of course it had to be crazy since it was freezing and Melissa wanted her to take a dip in there for a clue? By the time she got there, she looked around and then saw something shiny in the water. it looked like a clue. She took her shoes off and dove into the water, a splash of cold surging through her body. It hurt but she saw the shiny thing and she wanted to get it. When she grabbed it, it was all wiggly and slippery. Hitting the surface, she shivered and her teeth chattered and she looked at what was in her hands. "A fish?!" She whispered, freezing.

She threw it back in the water and started to make her way to get out of the water. Oh what she'd do to be on fire right then and there.

Daniel arrived just in time to see a figure in the water he stood near the bridge and watched for a few seconds his figure shadowed due to the time of day sure the area was well lit but even he as brave as he was would not go swimming in the river at this time of year, he'd managed to deciever mellissa's clue rather easily after all she pretty much was on the same wave length as he when it came to it.

After a few second had passed the you male looked down then began to walk down towards teh rivers edge, once there he asked the figure which he could now make out as female albeit a slightly wet one by now. "You know when you go fishing you're meant to use a pole and bait, they normally get scared by someone swimming." he then gave a small laugh.

Constance managed to get out of the water, hugging herself real tightly. Her knees were shaking, her teeth were consistently chattering and she felt like a total idiot. She was going to murder Melissa, if it was the last thing she'd be able to do. Stupid clue; stupid scavenger hunt. Then again, she was sort of stupid, herself. She walked to her clothes and fished out the clue, holding it in her shaky hand. Perhaps it wasn't very literal.

Just then, she looked up, hearing someone approaching, seeing a male figure before her. Laughing slightly, rubbed her arms. "N-No kidding..." She shivered. Grabbing her clothes, she hid behind a tree not far from the guy and quickly changed. the minute her warm and dry clothes touched her body, she was a lot less shivery.

Walking from behind the tree, she looked at him. "My uh...crazy and whimsical friend can be a bit misleading." She laughed. "I'm Constance."

My names Daniel, you're friend sounds just like my friend, she;s got it in her head I have nothing better to do than go on this mad treasure hunt she designed." Daniel said as he looked to the ground after the somewhat awkard moment her being in wet clothing which clung to her body and made her figure stand out like the picture of perfection blending into the scenery raising his eyes back up to look at her. "What was it exactly that you were trying to find in there anyway?" Daniel asked as he continued to look her up and down he was fascinated by her that was sure she was incredibly beautiful it was clear that she was out of his league.

The wet clothes had clung tightly to her body and given that she was standing behind a tree and it didn't exactly cover her completely. Sadly though, she'd even have to take her undergarments off since they were soaking wet. No duh. She bent over a little bit to wring the water out of her hair to the best of her ability, all the while she was shivering. "Well...I was definitely not trying to gather some fish, that's for sure." She laughed a little bit, picking up the dry pair of jeans and putting them on. She didn't have dry undergarments with her which was okay. She sometimes liked to go 'commando.'

Grabbing her dark blue sweatshirt, she put that on and then tied her still wet hair up into a messy ponytail and stepped out from behind the tree. She felt so warm in the dry clothes but her feet were freezing! She rushed to her shoes and socks and put them on, the one thing she had to take off before she went diving into a big pool of stupidity, all on her part though.

"No um...I was looking for this clue. My friend is as crazy as I am and she has me all over town. But I think I will have to kill her for such an hard clue." She said, shaking her head as she put her thick woolen socks on and then her shoes. Standing up, she looked at him. "What about you? Did you find what you were looking for?"

"I did'nt, nothing new there just typical of my friend no doubt she'd do somethig crazy like hide it in the water." He said playfully as he looked at the ground noticing she had just gotten changed infront of him without a care that he could see her still behind the tree. "Your names very pretty Constance. I can't help but feel I have heard it before."

"It seems that our friends have something in common. It'd be freaky if they were the same person but that's highly unlikely." She laughed. She could feel her hair dripping water onto her sweater and it was cold water too. No doubt that it'd be hilarious if her hair suddenly froze because it was still wet and the temperatures were all that so freezing. It wouldn't be so bad compared to Michael Jackson's hair catching on fire. Ouch.

When he complimented her name, she couldn't help but smile. Anyone who said that--and it was rare--it always made her smile. Somehow she felt that her name was so different that it gave other kids the obligation to make fun of it. Her name was so similar to Constant it's like why would anyone want to name their child that. Stupid name. But then compliments like his just made her feel better about her name. "Thanks. That means a lot, honestly." She said softly.

Daniel flashed a pearly white smile at the young female as he looked from her feet back up her body, her perfectly formed body which was created surely to be an angel. "I clearly think we need to keep better company don;t you think Constance." Looking past her and more at the back drop now the male gave a somewhat melodic laugh." "So since it's clearly cold so what do you say I treat you to something warm to drink, before we both continue with our wild goose chases?"

Constance giggled a little bit. Her giggle wasn't anything creepy or so girly. It was a little small laugh and it was adorable because of the fact that it sounded sort of like a five year old. "Probably. But then again, I don't think we'd be ourselves if we kept any normal company." It was clear that they both were two very unique individuals and changing any of the decisions they made in the past...well they wouldn't be themselves if they did that. She at least knew that she wouldn't be and even if she was rather reclusive, she was happy with who she was.

The sudden thought of getting something warm to drink made her insides just crave that warmth. She was still freezing and after a dip in a pond in a under 20 degree weather, you would be too. "Ooh, that's a very tempting offer that I cannot refuse. I know a place where they serve the best hot chocolate! It's freaking gourmet" She said a bit excitedly. Maybe he knew it too. It wasn't like it some secret.

Back
Top Bottom