Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Older Man [Crusade & loneiysong]

Crusade

Star
Tom Hopkins exited the office inside the mobile trailer on the construction site of his latest project. The forty-three year old father of two twenty year old girls looked around at the fairly empty site. When all was said and done, that empty plot of leveled ground was going to be a warehouse that employed over 200. It was one of the many perks of owning his own construction company. Seeing the finished product that gave jobs to so many. It was really rewarding. Not to mention how great it felt to see the tag, ANOTHER JOB DONE RIGHT BY HOPKINS CONSTRUCTION. He prided himself on his work and it had paid him handsomely.

He was able to pay for his girl's college educations, even if they did live with their mom. The two divorced when the girls were sixteen. The transition was difficult, but since he worked long hours, he knew it was in their best interest to stay with their mom. He did see them on weekends, however. Since the divorce, Tom has dated sparingly. It's difficult trying to put himself out there being his age and as busy as he is with his business. He really doesn't have all that much time for anything aside from work, so his free time he found was usually best suited lounging around. That did absolutely nothing to spare him of the loneliness that came without the company of a woman.

Zipping his jacket, he tucked his head down to hide it from the cutting winds that blew across the city that night. It was pitch black at the site aside from a few lights they'd set up along the perimeter. It was a bitch just walking from the trailer to his truck. He got in and started it as quickly as possible, turning the heat on full blast, hands finding the vents to warm the chill from them. He initially planned on just heading straight home, but as he ventured down one lonely stretch of road, an all hours diner crept into view. Having eaten nothing but a granola bar what seemed to be ages ago, the thought of some greasy diner fare and a jolt of caffeine in the form of stale coffee sounded right up his alley.

Pulling the truck into the mostly vacant lot, Tom again ventured into the cold, this time finding respite in the very warm diner. The older man sat himself down at the bar, idly patrolling the menu as he waited on a waitress to serve him. He slipped his jacket off and draped it over the stool beside him. He wore a flannel button down, a pair of jeans and work boots. His hair was slightly disheveled from the wind, but he still gave off a rugged masculinity many women found attractive.

Samantha Gordon had been in the small town for about one month before she was hired at Gertrude's Diner. Apparently, as Samantha wiped down the bar of the diner, Gertrude was a sexy style pin up gal who know how to cook her way into her retired sargeants heart. There were pictures of a pin up girl doing various things like cooking. It was all whimsical in a very sexy way. Sam had no doubt. The man had been slightly older than her, and Gertrude's friends told her he was too old, but they were in love, and Samantha couldn't fault that. It was cute and beautiful.

Samantha was beautiful girl who stood at 5'7 flat footed. Her curves were what Gertrude's managers wanted when they hired a girl. A girl of pin up mentality to reflect Gertrudes warmth and natural beauty. She had curves in all the right places that promised she was a good time. Her hair was curly red and long. Her blue eyes held all warmth and compassion but also a warning to not cross her.

But she liked quiet town life. It was simple, slow, and just what she needed. She loved to write little short stories and hoped to write a novel someday. She also loved to sleep without noise, study without shouting on the street, and this town was perfect for her. She loved to dress in jeans and a shirt. But for now, she was dressing in a simple blue dress with white collar and a white apron. Her red curly hair was pulled up on top of her head and her blue eyes looked around.

She looked up as the man came in. She had to work nights because she was taking some english and literary classes in a local community college. She moved over to Tom. "Hello, sugar, welcome to Gertrude's Diner. My name is Samantha, can I get you some coffee or a beverage to get you started with?" She pulled out a notebook and pulled a pen and waited for his order and smiled watching him with ehr blue eyes.

Tom looked from his menu up at the waitress and was immediately awestruck by her. He hadn't expected to see a woman of her caliber working at a diner so late at night. He half expected it to be some elderly old fossil who'd worked there since the place opened. It was refreshing to see a young face, one that enthralled him from the very moment he saw it.

He tried not to appear so impressed as he flashed her a simple smile and then closed the menu. "I'm going to have coffee for starters. And I think I'm going to go with the western omelette with a side of bacon if you can. Thank you."

He kept things friendly and short for the time being, but he couldn't help but want to strike up a conversation with the girl. She couldn't have been much older than his daughters, but yet he felt this intense attraction for her that he wasn't accustomed to. After all, for the time following his divorce, he hadn't even really thought about other women, choosing to focus solely on work. This feeling was completely foreign to him and he hadn't even really spoke to her yet. It all caught him off-guard.

Samantha smiled and took down his order and moved behind her to the kitchen and put the tab on the belted loop and spun it around hitting a bell letting the cooks know that an order had just arrived. She turned back around and grabbed a clean mug and saucer and looked at him smiling.

"Decaf or regular?" She asked as she put both cup and saucer in front of him. Turning, she got his coffee of choice and filled his cup and then went about to do other things. The diner was fairly quiet and devoid of costumers. The only constant noise was a jukebox that played oldies and the sound of the kitchen. Soon his food could be smelt.

"Regular. Thank you, sweetheart. I need the boost. It's been one helluva long day," he told her, hoping to initiate some form of conversation. It was like the longer he was in her midst, the more apparent it became to him that he needed to pursue something. It was the type of attraction that was hard to ignore, the kind that would have him kicking himself if he didn't act on it.

As he sat there sipping his coffee, the smell came from the back. It smelled amazing. He usually wasn't one to indulge in greasy diner fare, but sometimes the urge struck. Plus, the place was ridiculously close to the job site. He could see himself frequenting the place quite a bit, especially if a certain waitress was on duty those lonely nights.

She smiled as she poured the hot liquid into his cup and looked at him and to the clock. "Well, it is late enough, is this your last stop before home?" She smiled. People who came in this late complaining of a long day usually were at the end of it. She smiled to him comfortingly. "We will get some warm food in your belly, then you can go on home and sleep like a baby." From the way that Samantha talked, it was quickly obvious she was a nurturer. All the good parts of the older waitresses, like brains and the feeling that everything was going to be alright, with the hot body of the young ones.

"Why have you had one helluva day, sugar? You wanna talk about it?" She smiled to him. Setting a canister of creamer in front of him in case he took cream with his coffee.

Tom added a bit of cream to his coffee and took another sip. He smiled at the waitress, finding her as charming as he did attractive. She was exactly the type of distraction he needed. Although he didn't want to harp on work, she asked and he figured he'd answer. And who knew, maybe the fact that he owned his own very successful company might actually impress her.

"I own a construction company. It's one of the first days on this new job we're on. I'm sure you've seen the site, it's a few blocks from here. Hopkins Construction. It's um...just really a stressful time. Always is at the start of a new job. Doesn't help that I'm usually working from the moment the sun comes up to long after it's gone down. Whatever it takes to pay the bills," he said, shrugging before taking another long sip of his coffee, the caffeine providing just the type of jolt he needed.

"You do this part time?" he inquired, figuring she looked young enough to be in school. That was usually the case.

"Yea, I have seen it. Does that make you Hopkins?" She smiled. The bell rang and she turned grabbing his omelet and set it down in front of him. "Well just be sure you take time to relax and sleep is always good." She smiled and canted her head as he asked her the question. She nodded.

"Yep, part timer. I get off here in the morning, go to school, go home, rinse and repeat." She laughed and shook her head. "But I still find time for me. And that is about it." She shrugged and laughed. "Not enough hours in a day I guess."

"Yep. I'm a Hopkins. Tom Hopkins. And you must be Samantha," he said, pointing to the little name tag affixed to her top. "It's a pleasure," he added, breathing in the scent of his food as she set it in front of him. He grabbed the ketchup from the bar and added some to his eggs before looking at her again, nodding as she told him about juggling a job and college.

"I really respect that. A lot of these kids just have their parents pay for everything they need and they don't really learn what hard work gets you. Guess I'm guilty of doing that myself with my girls, but I admire you for working and going to school. I did the same thing once upon a time. I turned out alright, I guess. Aside from the few gray hairs and the bags under my eyes," he said with a shrug, laughing before sampling his omelet.

"Very interesting that you deduced that since I introduced myself already." She smiled and looked at him. She then sighed and looked up. "I have been independent ever since junior high. My parents have never been around and my aunt tried but kids were not her forte." She smiled and then looked at him and shrugged.

"That's alright. Grey shows wisdom and the fact you don't dye it shows you don't give a fuck which I admire." She smiled. Because he talked about daughters, she assumed that she was married.

Tom hadn't expected such coarse language to come from his innocent faced waitress, but it was late, no one was around and he appreciated the fact that she spoke openly to him. "Well, I'm sorry to hear about your parents. My girls stay with my ex-wife, so I don't get to see them as often as I would like, but what are you going to do? Sometimes things just don't work out." He gave a mild shrug and gave her another good look. He still couldn't get around how attracted to her he was.

"What are you going to school for?" he asked, wanting just to keep her around. He figured the more they would get to know one another, the better chance he had. He realized it was a longshot from the very start, though. He was pushing fifty and see was a sexy college girl who could've had any guy she wanted.

Samantha saw the slight offense of the language and blushed and looked down smiling. "Sorry, I always forget to edit my motto and make it PG." She smiled and chuckled softly. She then looked at him and bit her lip and frowned. "I am sorry, at least they know you care. I mean, someone who doesn't care doesn't just send money for school." She smiled comfortingly to him and then sat back looking around. It was dead at the diner.

"I am going to school to get my masters in Literary arts and a minor in English." She laughed and blushed. "I am a huge fan of the written word. No other medium can put you in another world completely."

Samantha found herself attracted to Tom. She was not sure what it was. It had been forever since she last had a boyfriend and she found herself wondering what it would be like to have an older man take care of her and hold her when she got lonely at night.

Tom shook his head and laughed when she mentioned making her motto PG. "Fuck it. I like it," he said, flashing her a smile before taking another bite. He listened to her speak of college and he nodded his head approvingly. Way back when he was going to school, he contemplated English. He'd always been a big reader, his face always in a novel. He was a lot more of a bookworm back then. He still picked up a book every now and then.

"Since you're such a fan of written word, how about you grab me your order pad and we can communicate through little written messages for the rest of my meal. I want to impress you somehow," he said sarcastically, liking the playful rapport he shared with Samantha. Not only was he incredibly attracted to her, but he was getting good vibes from her in general.

She laughed and leaned a hip against the counter and watched him. "Sugar, what makes you think I am not impressed. You don't need to write of affections or love when it is coming off you in such strong waves, I don't know whether to tread water or give you the bill." She teased right back. Samantha realized it was borderline flirting, but she did this with every lonely guy that came in didn't she?

No not truly.

She smiled and turned and poured him more coffee. She then went back to cleaning and stocking cups under the counter.

Tom smirked and took a sip of his freshly poured coffee. "Did I make it that obvious? It's just that since the divorce and with how much I've been working lately, I haven't had time for much of anything, let alone putting myself out there again. So, being in the presence of someone as beautiful as yourself, I feel obligated to flirt mercilessly,' he said with a laugh, giving her a quick once over.

He must have been crazy thinking a woman her age would want anything to do with him. She was flirting, but that seemed ingrained in waitresses who banked on tips to get them by. He just hoped something could possibly come of it because he couldn't remember ever being so attracted to someone before.

Tom grinned and then finished off the rest of his food, taking a deep breath once the mammoth omelet was gone. "So, what time do you get off? I'm going to be around these parts for a long time now that we just started construction. Maybe this old man can take you out sometime," he said, knowing he was probably crazy for even bringing it up. After all, he was at least twenty years older than her and he was sure she was just being nice because that's what waitresses did.

Samantha chuckled when asked what time she got off. "Around 6. Enough time to go home, take a shower, then head to school." She smiled as he asked her out. She had tried going out with younger men that had always disappointed her. But then again he had girls around her age. She warred with the thought until finally she smiled and nodded looking at him. "I would very much like that." She soon confessed and pulled out his bill and scrawled her phone number along the tipp and ripped it and gave him both.

"That's my phone number, don't loose it." She winked and looked at his plate and cleared it.

"Never," Tom said with a smile, a little surprised that she'd accepted his offer. He took the piece of paper and tucked it into his wallet before pulling out the money for the check and enough for a very generous tip. He placed all of it on the counter and then lifted himself to his feet.

"It's been really nice meeting you Samantha. I'll keep in touch," he said with a smile, tucking his wallet back into his pocket. "Maybe I can take you to the senior center on our first date," he added sarcastically. He nodded towards the door. "I should be getting home, though. It all starts again tomorrow morning. Have a good night," he said, heading out the door into the cool air to head home.

"Sounds fun." She waved at him. "You too sugar!" She watched him leave and smiled. She then looked around and went back to work. She was let off early so she went to her apartment to rest and get some last minute studying in. She laid on the couch and thought of her older Romeo.

She continued her day as normal.

Tom grinned as he headed out to his truck. He'd just done the improbable and was on top of the world in that moment. He hurried home for some much needed rest and awoke the next morning for work feeling relaxed and refreshed.

After a shower, he headed back off to the job site and got to work again. The day was long and as stressful as always, but it helped knowing at the end of his shift he could stop by the diner or give Samantha a call. He couldn't wait to see how things might actually end up when they spent time outside of the diner.

During his lunch, Tom decided to shoot Samantha a text. "Hey sweetheart. When are you free to see me? I can't stop thinking about you."

She sat at home reading literature when her phone buzzed. She smiled picking it up and reading his text. She thought about it. She soon sent him back a text.

"I have been up all night and just finished classes. I will be free at 5. But for now I was thinking of sleep." She cleared lunch and grabbed her book moving to her bed that was just a mattress on the floor. She closed the heavy blinds in her apartment and laid there thinking of Tom. She wondered what it would be like to kiss him. To feel him crawling over her naked body. Feeling him sink in her.

She blushed and reached down and began to stroke herself as her thoughts continued.

Tom smiled as he read the text and then sent one back quickly. "Okay. Let me know when you're awake. Sleep well." He ended it at that, not choosing to mention that just merely texting her as he sat at his desk and gotten him hard. He couldn't help but think about her constantly, still wondering if she'd agreed to see him as a kind of pity date or if she was genuinely interested in him. He hoped the latter, because he knew in the back of his mind he could please her better than anyone she found around her own age.

Tom wanted to be afforded that opportunity. Badly. He finally tucked his phone back into his pocket and looked over the blueprint with a sigh. It was going to be another long day.

She fell into a deep sleep thinking of him. When she woke up, she was wet and extremely horny. Groaning she found her phone on a stack of books and texted him that she was up and asked him what he would care to do? God she kinda wished he was here now touching her, doing whatever he liked to her. Getting up, she took a quick shower in which she pleasures herself, shaved herself bald on her pussy, and made herself smell beautiful.

She hummed as she dried off keeping her phone on so she could hear him when he called. She walked to get some tight jeans that made her ass and legs look good a bra and shirt and went to brushing her hair.

Tom kept glancing down at his watch as he patrolled the work site. Things were starting to take shape and it made him feel like he was actually accomplishing something, which made him feel like it was worth it. Finally. As things died down and he glanced at his phone, he saw that Samantha had texted him.

"I'm going to be done here in about an hour. I can stop by and pick you up, but there's not going to be a lot to do this late. I mean, I can take you back to my place if that's not too forward. I'm up for anything." He sent the message, hoping he wasn't coming off like a creep, but he really just was desperate to see her. He'd been thinking about her all day and was literally counting the minutes until he could leave the site.

Back
Top Bottom