Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Text Base Game

dev

Meteorite
Hey, so I am a game developer and I want to work on a text based game. I'm looking for few people to bounce ideas off of (or, if you want, help scripting it). I would love to do this as a roleplay, but it would be slightly different. Rather than a linear roleplay it would have branches based on the user's decisions.

Alright so that being said, I am open to any direction for the game. Personally I like fantasy style games, but am open to other genres/styles. However once a genre has been decided, I would like to stick with it. So if something like "every day high school" is decided as the genre, I would like to avoid cyberpunk robots.

So...Who would be interested in helping me develop something like this?

Edit:
Apparently I am not very good at explaining this idea. Here are some bits of information from when I tried to clarify via pm:

I want help with the story. So a lot of out of character discussion about where to lead it and actual roleplay bits based on choices.

Something like the user (player) enters this setting (something to be decided) and sees two people fighting. There would be some lengthy bit discussing what the setting was like and the fight between the two people (in a way, that would be roleplayed out) and the user is then provided with a few choices:
-Side with the first person
-Side with the second
-Leave
Each would have different consequences and roleplay blurbs. Like if the user sides with the first, the second may be sympathetic and give in. Side with the second, and maybe the first becomes more aggressive. Ect.

It is rather difficult to explain, but I'm not looking for people to help with the development side (I want to do all the programming stuff), I am just looking for help developing a story.

---
(This was a reply to that pm: )
Okay so let me see if I understand this.

Say I enter (or my character does) and I see two people fighting. I can either side with the first person, the second person or leave.

Whatever I chose, I will then roleplay out what goes on? Like one scenario is I choose person one, we defeat person 2 and we live happily ever after.

Another scenario, I leave and both people come to an agreement. They end up taking over the world and I am blamed since I didn't stop them.

Stuff like that. Is that what you are trying to explain? But looking for people to come up with the reasons why they are fighting and options to roleplay out?
---
(And the reply to that: )
Haha yes, sort of. When you say you/your character, its really more the person playing the game. Your character would more likely be person A/B and you would be helping to decide things like what kind of city, what kind of scenario, what are the outcomes, what should the person playing the game be able to do? And matters like that.

Here I'll try to list some text-based adventures:
Link
Link
Tbh it is a little difficult to find links to games on the spot, most of what I can think of are sexually orientated and I am refraining from sharing those because I do not want those games to directly influence the play of the game I want to develop. I have not extensively played either of the links I am sending, but after a quick run through of the two of them, the first link would be the one most like (structure and stylistically) the game I am looking to program, but story wise (I was not paying attention to their story, just clicking through to make sure it was a decent example) potentially different (idealistically... I would love for it to be dirty.)

I'm really looking forward to finding a few people who would be interested in helping me shape a story and maybe developing the NPCs (such as person A or B in the example) and how they would react to the user's decision. So as you said, "Like one scenario is I choose person one, we defeat person 2 and we live happily ever after." There would be the initial page that had you (user) seeing the fight, and you select the side with person A, then there would be some other page about how person B gets pissed and storms off and you and person A live happily ever after. But the team would also have to take in to account if they chose to side with person B and how that would change the situation, so that sort of branch would also have to be written.

Back
Top Bottom