Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished (Kestral and JacksareWild)

Belladonna Bane stared at the sightly dog eared pages before her. A soft smile touched her lips before she picked up her blackberry phone and quickly tapped in a cryptic text to her boss Edward Davis. While she waited for a response she continued to examine the papers before her. Her gaze in particular lingered on the details of the person she was going to be visiting in the next day. Not that they knew it ...yet.

He responded within minutes in his usual way. Her thumb skimmed along the surface of the blackberry to bring it to life and scanned the reply. "Pull the rabbit from the hat." She smirked at the simple words and instantly deleted the message in turn as she rose to her feet. As she waked through the police departments office she placed a hand on the Commanders shoulder to give a squeeze and whispered in his ear. "Delete it all and your last payment will be settled." The Commander was a pale man of fifty years in age. His once dark hair was now stained white and silver. He looked up to the feminine demon before him and simply nodded his head at her words. There was no further pleasantries as she walked out of his office and out of the nearest exit. The paperwork she had been given in hand.

Once she had left the area he entered his passwords and completed the process he had already began. Slowly he tilted his head back and brought the palm of his hands against his eyes. He wished for a moment that he never had accepted the demons offer a year ago. Yet he had secrets to keep and she kept them perfectly safe. If only there was no price to pay in the end.

Belladonna drove to her apartment and took the file in. Within minutes a roaring file became the brief home of the shredded paperwork and she switched out of her dark blue dress into a pair of jeans and long sleeved jumper. She made sure the papers burned until nothing but ash was left and the sun had settled ow into the sky.

With a grin on her features she made sure the fire was truly dead and then left her apartment once more. Now to pay Miss Jessica Shepherd a visit. The woman did not know it yet but Belladonna was either going to be her new best friend or worst of enemies.

michelle-rodriguez-avatar-machete.jpg

”What was this girl’s name again…? Amanda…Alicia…An--” Jessie’s thoughts were silenced as her head was yanked down by a very insistent blonde, lips crashing together in a needy kiss that bordered on the sloppy side. In all fairness, they were both preeettyyyy drunk, and the fine motor control capabilities of their mouths had been lost about half an hour ago. Jessie let out a soft though assertive growl as her hands tightened on her dance partner, drawing her in closer and --

“Shep, come on.”

--and fuck... Why was this happening to her?

“Earth to Shepherd!” Jackson barked out, trying to get the attention of his friend who he suspected was ignoring him. He hated being the rookie at the precinct, it entailed designated driver duty almost every other night, unless someone took pity on him and relieved him of his duty. If one of his fellow cops had had a stressful day, they’d all come out to McGeary’s, wash away the woes at their favorite bar, and somehow, like clockwork Jessie would manage to have her tongue halfway down some girl’s throat towards the end of the night.

“What?!” Jessie turned around to face her friend, releasing her dance partner in the process. And of course, the drunk girl waited all of five seconds before she went off searching for a new partner on the dance floor. ”Ugh, no one has any sense of monogamy anymore.”

“Well there goes your date. Good riddance. Now come on, you want a ride home, you better get your ass in the car. My wife’s gonna kill me if I’m out much longer.”

“Yeah yeah yeah, I’m coming.” Jessie rolled her eyes. If ever there was a whipped man, Jackson was it.

“When the hell are you gonna settle down anyways?” Not that it was any of his business…but Jessie had never struck him as the type of girl that would sleep around. How she behaved around the precinct was so different than how she behaved at the bar.

“Never.” Jessie gave her friend a rogueish grin. In truth, she didn’t expect to be settling down any time soon. She always felt like she was searching for something that didn’t exist… But she supposed she might as well have some fun while she kept looking for it.

---

Jessie stumbled into her small apartment on the fourth floor, the 20 minute car ride had given the alcohol just long enough to make it’s way through her system so that she was now properly wasted. She wobbled back and forth as she attempted to remove her boots by the door, finally managing to kick them off so that they landed somewhere near the shoe rack. Then she headed over to the refrigerator to raid it. She had work in the morning and she didn’t want to be hungover and a disaster, so she’d need something to hydrate with and sop up some of the alcohol that was still in her stomach.

A knock on her door made her groan. It must be Jackson, come to make sure she wasn’t dead from alcohol poisoning like some mother hen. Imagine her surprise when she put down her half-made sandwich to answer the door and it wasn’t her burly rookie cop friend, but a petite little brunette. A slender brow rose as she surveyed the other woman. She didn’t think she knew this woman. Did she know this woman? Had she slept with her before while she was wasted? Maybe she should lay off the booze for a couple of weeks… “Ah…can I help you...?"

She had spent the night casually observing the young female, her attempts at playing the game in the bar as well as how much she had managed to throw down her throat as if this was the last night alcohol was being served. At least she seemed to have someone that cared about her. The young man seemed eager to be home and Jessica's current limpet quickly disappeared onto the next drunken female. She was quite certain she had managed to observe the woman without being noticed, then again the woman was too busy having what she deemed to be fun to notice anything beyond her nose.

She did not follow the pair back to Jessica's apartment but instead took her time to allow for the man to leave her and enough time for her to be settled as well. She arrived minutes after Jackson had left and a smile touched her lips as she took in the house and the neighbourhood. She allowed one more minutes to pass before she climbed out of the car and approached Jessica's house before she knocked on the door three times.

Jessica opened the door with a dazed look in her eyes , it became obvious that the alcohol had certainly taken it's toll on her system. There was the distinct scent of food in the air and a smear of what looked to be perhaps mayonnaise above her upper lip. She recognized the fact that Jessica appeared to be at least attempting to place Belladonna in her memory. "That you can actually." Her gaze found settled on the young womans face with a "I don't care." cast to it as she stepped into the doorway. "May I come in?" She asked the question but did not wait for an answer as she moved past the threshold. "I have a business proposition for you and I would advise you to accept it."

She was aware that the woman was drunk enough that this conversation would be forgotten by the morning unless she sobered the female up slightly. "Let's get a coffee shall we?" Once more despite asking the question she seemed already intent on going about such a task and quickly located the kitchen. "Can you remember what your job entailed last night Miss Shepherd?"

Once Jessie noticed that this woman was staring at her face, she immediately wiped her mouth, figuring she had some crumbs left from the sandwich she had only gotten one bite out of. Sure enough, there was mayo on her hand when she drew it back, which she promptly licked off with surprisingly dexterous swipe of her tongue, considering how drunk she was.

“You know when people ask ‘may I come in’, they usually wait for a response before just barging back in.” Jessie growled, more than a little irked that this girl was standing between her and her food. “Hey! At least take your shoes off.” She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose to ward off an oncoming headache. It was an old rule that shoes weren’t allowed to be stomping around in her flat. And since this woman was just wandering about in them, that meant Jessie hadn’t slept with her. That fact was reinforced at being called Miss Shepherd, which no one ever did. It was always Jessie to friends, Shep to work buddies, and Jessica or Miss. Shepherd to people who didn’t know her personally. With a sigh, she followed the other woman off to the kitchen. If she were sober, she probably would have arrested her invading her home. But as it was, she was drunk, and a little curious as to what this was all about.

“Coffee? I don’t need coffee. I have work in the morning.” The coffee machine was already set up and had some grounds in the filter, it just needed to be switched on (which it should be at 5am when she got up for work. Not right now!). Good God this woman was infuriating! “Uh, yeah, I busted a guy for drunk driving. I do that almost every night, so what?” Unsure of who the hell this woman was still, she was not inclined to divulge any further information. She’d heard from the Commander that the guy she had arrested was kind of a big deal, but she didn’t know anything about him or what he did. All she knew was he had been weaving in and out of traffic, blown a .09 on the breathalyzer, and was probably being blown by the call girl he had in his car. The latter would probably explain his ‘Sorry officer! Didn’t see you back there!’ after she had finally chased down and pulled over his Audi R8, which was a sports car that cost almost twice as much as what Jessie made in a year.

“Look if you’re a reporter or something you can get the hell out. I’ll tell you what I tell everyone else, ‘no comment, leave me alone.’” Jessie paused, as if thinking something over. This was dangerous…this woman…whoever she was, she wanted info, she had to. Jessie couldn’t be seen talking with the likes of her. If someone else leaked information, then Jessie would be the one left holding the bag if anyone knew who this lady was and why she was here. “In fact, how about you just save us both some time and get the hell out anyways.” And with that, the brunette came forward and lightly place her hands onto the stranger’s hips from behind, using that handhold to help steer her out of the kitchen and towards the front door.

“Now shoo, before I call a much more sober cop to deal with you.”

Belladonna did not respond to the first question that left Miss Shepperd's lips. She did not care nor did she have time for what other people did. At her comment about shoes she did look down at her feet. At the moment she wore a simple pair of dark blue and white trainers which she kicked off to reveal a pair of bare feet. She curled her toes slightly as she appeared to relax and simply clicked the button to turn on the coffee machine. A faint click sounded from within and then a low hum. "There better." She stated the words as if it was a statement rather than actually asking Miss Shepperd if she appreciated the fact she had taken her shoes off. "You will want coffee and I wager in about half an hours time you are going to actually need this coffee and I suspect you shall be in work before the sun is up."

She fell quiet as she simply waited for Miss Shepherd to put two and two together and whether she arrived at the number four for an answer or perhaps sixteen. She had done as she suspected she would. She mentioned in brief what had happened, though she had at least left out some details Belladonna already knew. The next assumption was that Belladonna was a reporter. That notion always made her chuckle and this time was nothing new. She tilted her head back as she let out a low, thick and throaty laugh. She shook her head from side to side so that her , long, thick and dark curls shook and resettled against her shoulders. It was as Miss Shepherd spoke about not making a comment and leave me alone that she the laugh ended and a smile formed on her lips properly. The scent of the coffee was already touching the air and she felt a warm sensation of heat coming from the machine.

She did not speak until she felt the woman's hand settle on her hips. She could sense the woman's frame behind her and grinned deviously unseen but for a minute at least she seemed compliant and moved willing where she was guided. That was until they reached the narrow hall way that lead from the main part of the flat to the front door. All of a sudden she increased her speed to create a small gap between the ladies and then rapidly spun on her heels to face the dark haired female. She lifted her hands up, both which settled on the woman's shoulder before she spun again faster than any human was actually capable of and forced her against the wall. "Now you do seem to be on my wave length already. I want you to say no comment and leave me alone to any reporter or member of the public or friend that asks what happened. Between your colleagues and those above you, you pulled him over as you saw his tail light went out and you took him and his sister to the station as it was discovered during your chat with him that she had been mugged. While he was at the station with you his car was fixed by his car breakdown company and you are currently in the process of investing his sisters mugging. There was no dangerous driving, speeding, alcohol in his system or female friend. Do you understand?"

She stated the words as if they were actual fact. If Miss Shepherd struggled to accept the new truth she would find out that the truth had already been created at the station along with Miss Shepherds signature on all the forms she had supposedly signed. Her hands had moved further up the shoulder and settled just besides the neck though the grip was firm but without inflicting pain or cutting her breath at all.

Finally! It look like she’d get some peace and quiet. All she had to do was kick this girl out, then she could go back to her sandwich. Then maybe take a nap… She didn’t even notice that the other woman was without shoes, she was so looking forward to having the stranger out of her apartment that she was willing to kick her out into the street barefoot! Though, Jessie never got to carry out her master plan. The stranger faked her out, changed her pace, nearly sent a drunken and now off balance Jessica colliding into her. But instead of colliding, Jessie found herself going backwards until her back hit the wall with a soft thud. Damnit, if she knew who this girl was and knew that she was purely human, this scene would be a hell of a lot hotter than it was now.

Jessie growled, baring her teeth and standing up straight, trying to look bigger and more threatening. It was a deep, primal reflex that was ingrained in most humans, but one that she showed automatically because it had been what she had seen her parents do all the time. Her parents were both werewolves, and even though most children that were born of were couples manifested the trait early on, here Jessie was, 24, and still unable to shift. While her parents had tried to prepare her for nights like this, when things that weren’t human would come, the young officer had never been drunk while having to defend herself. Even though she didn’t know what exactly the stranger was, she knew that she needed to tread lightly because the alcohol was surely going to slow down her reflexes.

She wanted her to lie? Cover up the whole thing? ”Pffft! Yeah right!” Alright, maybe now wasn’t the time for bravado. But she didn’t back down, didn’t shrink away even though she knew she should yield. It was just part of Jessie’s makeup, she couldn’t back down, something inside of her wouldn’t let her.

“Yeah, well, if she’s his sister, they’re awfully close. I didn’t even see her until she popped up from his lap.” Jessie gave a derisive snort. “You want me to change my story? I already filed my report. It’s too late to start reneging on the details now. So how about you go run along and pester one of my higher ups.” Yeah, go bother the Commander. There was no way this brunette would get to him.

Belladonna had no knowledge of what Miss Shepherd's parents had taught her but she could tell that seemingly it had not been a lot. She simply smiled as if she was looking at a puppy attempting to growl and jump up from it's paws all at the same time. Her hands relaxed slightly on Miss Shepherd's neck. Even with the bare teeth and the fact that she was attempting to make herself look bigger, she had very little affect on Belladonna. In fact with that amused smile on her lips she reached up a hand and brought her index finger against the tip of Miss Shepherds nose and tapped it lightly as one would a naughty pup. Tap..tap..tap. before she chuckled as Miss Shepherd told her to go to the higher ups. "Now aren't you a cutie!" She smirked as she took a small step back with one hand still on the young woman's neck. The tone of her voice indicated she had no fear in her at all and was in fact demeaning the cop slightly.

She pulled out a phone from her back jean pocket, her thumb slid along the surface and the typed in a number before she hit the speaker button and let the phone ring loudly three times. On the beginning of the fourth ring a male voice sounded that Miss Shepherd would recognize instantly as her Commander. "Hello Miss Bane." He spoke quietly but his voice was clear enough for the words to be made out. "Good evening Commander, I hope your evening has been a pleasant one. I am sorry to disturb but I wanted to know if you made any progress on that mugging that your Officer Shepherd brought to your attention?" Her hand suddenly gripped around Miss Shepherds throat just tight enough that she could not actually speak in the back ground.

If the situation had been normal, it would of sounded as if she was purely concerned about the whole situation. "Of course Miss Bane, I have two officers about to bring in the suspect. Miss Charlotte is going to come in and do an identity parade in the morning." Belladonna watched Miss Shepherd constantly as the conversation continued. "Thank you Commander. Her brother shall be happy with the rapid action. See you soon."

With that she ended the phone call and released the pressure of her thumb on her neck. "So, what happened yesterday Miss Shepherd?"

Jessie tilted her head up and snapped her teeth threateningly at the stranger’s finger that was infuriatingly tapping her on the nose like a bad dog. This was completely and utterly frustrating! She could not move because despite her size, the creature facing her was a lot stronger than she appeared. People used to think she was nuts for answering the door with her gun in hand (the stupid doors in her building didn’t have peep holes, it was on her landlord’s ‘to do’ list). But now she wished that she had kept up that habit instead of losing it just because she lived in a nice neighborhood.

Her hands quickly flew up to the ones that were now pressing against her throat. She clutched at the hand that held her, trying to make sure that it wasn’t going to crush her windpipe. But the other woman didn’t seem to want to kill her, just scare her into keeping her mouth shut while she made her phonecall.

”Miss Bane?” The cop tucked away that bit of information for later. She was going to figure out what the hell was going on with or without her boss’ help, because right now, as she heard his voice over the phone, she learned that he was already acquainted with the bitch in her apartment and would be of no help to her. ”What the fuck? The Commander changed my reports?!” Jessie groaned inwardly. She hated paperwork. People would be surprised by the mountains upon mountains of paperwork that the government subjected them to for every little thing. She couldn’t even discharge her firearm without having to fill out about forty different pages of nonsense! But the Commander had changed her reports?!?! That jackass! She didn’t know which made her more irritated at him: the fact that he had been bought off or the fact he had made her fill out forms if he was just going to chuck it all away and write his own best-selling work of fiction.

Jessie relaxed a little bit once the collar and the pressure on her neck was released. Her guard was still up, but at least she felt a little bit less like she was going to be choked to death in her own home, her own safe place.

“No comment. Now leave me the fuck alone.” Jessie growled her reponse. Honesty was in her breeding and she couldn’t force herself to repeat the story that the stranger had concocted. The most she could do was keep her mouth shut and her head down and hope that that was enough.

Belladonna watched those teeth as the woman snapped at her finger tips repeatedly. Belladonna gave her an infuriatingly and purposeful expression that indicated that she found Miss Shepherds attempts at putting her, in her place about as scary as a cat playing with a ball of yarn. Her nose twitched and she seemed to utter awww under her breath. What ever Miss Bane thought of her it certainly was not fear. She saw the anger, surprise and frustration cross Miss Shepherds gaze as she realized that the higher ups or at least that higher up already knew Miss Bane.

"That will do and of course. You have work in the morning after all." She dropped her hand to her side and walked back to the kitchen. She took out a mug and filled it with the black coffee, placed it besides the plate of food and pulled on her trainers quickly. As she walked past Miss Shepherd she gave her a knowing grin. "Good luck in tracking me down and have a great evening. Expect a parcel tomorrow morning."

All that said and everything she owned back in it's place Miss Bane left as breezily as she had come in. She did not wait for questions or concerns. She simply expected Miss Shepherd to fall into line and behave but she also was certain that she was going to be finding Miss Bane as well.

When it came to Miss Shepherd trying to look up Miss Bane on the internet , all she would find is links for hookers, wrestlers, fan fiction and many science stories. Even a couple of children;s programs but nothing came up instantly with a picture of the woman that had visited her. Who ever she was, she knew how to hide.

”Good riddance.” Jessie thought to herself as Miss Bane headed out the door. She had a couple of other choice words for her, but at this point she knew that if she just kept her mouth shut she’d get the intruder out of her house like she wanted to. The moment the door closed behind her, Jessie quickly snapped the deadbolt shut and slid the chain in place for good measure. ”There, that should keep anymore annoyances out.” With a huff, she headed back to the kitchen, grabbed her sandwich, left the coffee, and headed to the corner of the living room that had her desk and laptop. She plopped down, taking a bite from her food, and tried to sober up so that she could do a proper internet search of this woman before the memory of her was as hard to recover as dreams were.

[Miss Bane is a--- luchador?] Seriously Google? Autofill has failed! Jessie searched everything she could think of, pairing the last name with professions: lawyer, bodyguard, politician, etc even. None of her searchers yielded anything useful. With an aggravated growl, Jessie figured she should pack it in for the night. She stumbled off to her bedroom to go take a nap before work, leaving a trail of clothes in her wake between the living room and the bedroom.

---

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Clat-tat-tat-tat-ter! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Jessie groaned, all her blind swatting at her alarm clock had managed to do was knock the damn thing off of her nightstand. She rolled over, precariously perched on the edge of the bed, and fumbled around for the device. She finally found the horribly loud thing and silenced it, picking it up and putting it back down onto her nightstand. The bright red numbers read 5:00AM. ”Great….” She needed to be ready and out the door in an hour and fifteen minutes. So with a groan, she left the warmth of her bed and headed off to the shower to wash the sleep from her body.

Jessie was a creature of habit. Her mornings went the same way every day: shower, breakfast, read the paper, get dressed for work: wavy brown locks pulled back tight and out of the way, dark blue uniform pulled over a Kevlar vest. Badge, gun, night stick, and she was ready to go.

Though, today was different. Today when she was finally dressed in her uniform and had grabbed her keys and was halfway out the door, she nearly stepped right ontop of a box that had been put outside. Memories of last night flooded her mind and she grimaced, looking at the thing as though it were a deathtrap. Finally curiosity got the better of her good sense and she brought the parcel into her apartment so that she could open it up and see inside.

Once Belladonna was in her car she sent a message to Edward, it did not matter whether it was the middle of the night or dawn. When she had news, he expected to know it as soon as she could inform him of it. "The rabbit is pulled and tagged."
That message sent she did not wait for a reply before she pulled out and made her way home. Once there she showered and changed into a simple pair of loose , black pj bottoms and a simple vest style top before she collapsed into her bed and within seconds she was fast asleep.

-----

Her alarm brought her out of her rest at five am. With a yawn, a stretch and a change of clothes she was ready for work. Already three messages had been sent and four received. Each one deleted once the conversation was over.

She made her way to the congress building and along with the receptionists, ,secretary, interns and those low on the rungs of the ladder she started her day. She had a small office , in a small corner of the building, in the basement which was always either too hot or too cold but she was hardly ever there. It was lost in a maze and hidden away from all the other offices. Here she was a no body. Just a simple face among a sea of many. That was just how she and her boss liked it.

She checked what ever mail had already been brought through for her and dealt with it quickly. There was always actual work to be done but this was not truly what Edward had hired her for nor paid her for. It was simply the picture he wanted everyone to see her as..until it was too late anyway.

She looked at her watch at just a few minutes after six and knew Miss Shepherd was likely finding her parcel. The box had no name on it, no words at all in fact and certainly had no way to return it. If Miss Shepherd tried to run prints on it, they would come up with nothing. Inside was several, neat and clean wads of cash that added up to just shy of six thousand pounds. What was also in there at Belladonna's specific request was a dog collar and a lead. Even worse the lead and collar were chain linked.

Belladonna was quite certain that little touch would push the woman a little closer to the edge and she would certainly be offended by the cash. Unfortunately now for Miss Shepherd there was very little she could do about it. If she spoke out with the truth no one would believe her against the Commander.

Her simple task complete Belladonna left the office and carried on with her true job.

“That bitch…” Jessie growled when her dark eyes settled on the lead and collar that was placed neatly ontop of the stacks of money. She pulled everything out of the box and flipped through the stacks, checking for bugs or trackers. Finding none, she put everything back much less neatly than it had arrived and then shut the box. She tucked it under her arm and went to her bedroom, shoving it under her bed for safe-keeping. For whatever reason, she felt as though last night wouldn’t be the last time she’d be seeing Miss Bane. So on the off chance that the woman actually showed up to her apartment again, she was going to chuck the whole parcel at her fat head and then slam the door in her smug face.

With that taken care of, Jessie headed in to work. She did a search in the police database of criminals who were female with the last name of ‘Bane’. That yielded a whole lot of nothing. She avoided the Commander for the rest of the day, which wasn’t very hard, because she got the feeling that he was avoiding her as well.

Today was trial day, she had to go give her testimony in person about a domestic violence from months ago. So thankfully her morning was spent doing a search on the guy she had pulled over last night: Rupert Thorne. He was a high ranking politician, and now it was starting to make sense why Miss Bane had been so eager to make his problems disappear; he’d lose his job if people knew what he was doing to call girls while drunk.

But this whole thing still didn’t sit well with Jessie… So she took down the guy’s address and then deleted the search history on her work computer. She’d have to go tail him after work, because right now, she had to get to court before she was late.

The rest of Miss Bane's day had passed without any flies in the ointment. She had only one more mouth to keep quiet and that task she was certain would be easy enough. The sister of Rupert had been far harder to track than she had expected her to be. When she had been tracked down she was difficult to arrange a meet up and even more worrying even Miss Bane's contacts ran into a brick wall in gaining any in depth history on her.

Finally by about nine in the evening Miss Charlotte called her and agreed to meet her at a closed down gay bar just outside of the city. She was neither surprised nor scared by the preferred meeting place. In truth she had met people in far worse places. She had dealt with people as they got high on drugs and even while in the process of being fucked or getting a blow job. The dark side of human nature no longer surprised her. The way of humans that bedded so many of their own kind, even more than one at the same time she had grown used to. The human race was a strange one in her opinion. Not many seemed to believe in simply having one mate.

She had no idea why she was thinking on such except perhaps because of those she dealt with day in and out. She drove to the area but was ever cautious. She opened her window ever so slightly and looked out for any others that could be in the area. Her windows were darkened and her doors were always locked when she was in the car. Something felt wrong. Like many animals she could detect in off note in circumstances and this screamed out to her loud and clear.

Some where along the line she must of made a mistake. She carefully climbed out of her car but left the door unlocked as she silently stepped along the streets. She seemingly had arrived while three men were already involved in a prior appointment. She could hear the grunts of a female and for a few seconds it sounded as if they were enjoying her company. Perhaps the call girl had decided to work while waiting for Miss Bane?

She rose up the fire escape so she could not be seen easily with the distance of a street between them as well as the shadows that seemed to spread out around her. A puzzled look crossed her features as she watched Rupert's car pull up and double checked her watch. She was a grand total of twenty minutes early. What she expected to happen never did ...Rupert climbed out of his car and she heard him make a joke to the men that he was willing to wait until it was his turn...The moaning instantly stopped and the tallest of the three males turned to face him.

Belladonna felt her jaw drop at the sight of the Spanish beast. He was six foot four, bald, darkly tanned and had a strange selection of tattoos along his neck and shoulders. That danger light brightened in her mind and she did nothing to draw attention as the beats pulled out a gun and clearly shot Rupert in the head after saying something about too long on making payments.

It was only as Ruperts body hit the ground did Belladonna notice that not only she had seen the killing. Miss Shepherd must of been trailing Rupert because her car had nestled discreetly into shades of unnatural darkness.

"Don't get involved, don't get their attention...get down and stay down.."

She whispered faintly and hoped the woman some how heard her. Unfortunately Miss Shepherd was a cop and justice seemed to over rule survival. "Fucking hell!" Belladonna gritted her teeth as she watched one of the car doors open.

Court dragged on for what seemed forever. It was always the same: sit there and try not to fall asleep while she waited until it was her turn to give her testimony. Her mind just kept wandering back to Miss Bane, to Rupert Thorne, and to the call girl the whole time… Jessie was thankful when court was over, by then it was almost time for her shift to end. She headed back to the precinct, grabbed her notes on Mr. Thorne off of her desk and then headed home. She’d have to try to figure out something with the call girl tomorrow.

That evening, once she was out of her uniform, the events of yesterday were still bothering her. So she left her apartment, hopped into her own car, and then went to tail the politician. It was

“Put the gun down!” Jessie shouted as her car door swung open. ”This may be the worst idea you’ve ever had in your entire life.” the little voice inside of her head decided that now was an appropriate time to chime in. Of course this was a bad fucking idea! But she couldn’t just not try to do something. Even without a gun and a vest, she still felt bound to assist an unarmed man. Unfortunately she was too late, the trigger was pulled and she flinched as the noise hit her ears and the body hit the pavement with a sickening thud.

Of course, the large Spanish man immediately took an interest in her. He seemed very interested in the fact that Jessie was half Latina, and a lecherous grin covered his face.

“This one’s mine.” He murmured, handing his gun off to one of his buddies and then running forward. The bald man soon wasn’t bald any longer, he shifted, turning into a massive, dark brown wolf and hurling himself towards the woman, eager to claim her as his own.

”Ohhhhhh fuck…” “Eheheheh…nice doggy…” Brown eyes flicked over to her car…it would take too long to get in and start, the wolves could bust through her windows by then. So she did the only thing she could do, she ran. Jessie turned on her heel and sprinted away, down a dark alley, with a snarling werewolf chasing after her. ”Come on come on come onnnn.” Where the fuck was a fire escape when you needed one?!

Finally she spotted a rusty ladder that was low enough that she could grab. She jumped, grasped onto the bottom rung, and then hoisted herself up, legs flailing as she hurriedly clambered up the ladder until she was far enough to get a foothold. She stopped on the second floor grating, smirking as she looked down at the wolf that was growling and snapping it’s teeth menacingly at her.

“Hah! Fuckin’ mutt can’t climb now can you?” Jessie grinned down at the wolf triumphantly… which turned out to be a big mistake, because he quickly reverted back to his human form and moved to follow her up the ladder. Jessie quickly turned and headed up the next one, scrambling as quickly as she could in an attempt to get away. Though, once she got onto the roof, she wasn’t sure what the fuck she was going to do. She knew that the werewolf would be able to track her no matter how far she made it…but the only thing she could do was run and hope he was as clumsy as he was big and fall off the ladder.

Belladonna rolled her eyes as she heard the foolish woman talk. She carefully rose to her feet trying to make certain she drew no attention but Miss Shepherd was centre stage. Belladoona could likely strip naked and do a dance on the stairs she was currently upon and still not get more than a flicker of an eye in her direction. It was the perfect time to escape, perfect time to let all the loose ends be tied up by themselves. She could warn Edward of the changes in circumstance and be on her merry way. She started down the way she had come, down the stairs carefully and kept close to the buildings so she was not caught in the open. Her gaze drifted to the unwise woman and the wolf as he followed her. By the looks of it he had no intention of killing her but what he had in mind as her fate was worse in Belladonna's opinion. She had almost made her way past the pair without drawing any attention at all when she heard the female curse down to the were. If she had, had any sense she would of simply kept on running and left him to realize his error. It may have only given her a extra minute or two but that could be vital.

"Leave her, she was foolish enough to try and save a dead man...She is nothing but trouble already happening..no point us getting skinned along in the progress..."Bella's movements carried on for the sake of her own survival, slow and masked as much as she could. Yet when she reached the fire escape of the building she past the one Miss Shepherd was rapidly now climbing towards she paused. She knew playing in some one else s sand box was the worst of ideas and meddling in business that belonged to that group was more dangerous than normal..and yet.

She stopped in her tracks and looked up the fire escape. "She won't be grateful...she will blame you..."Yet Belladonna knew she did not know everything and Belladona was quite certain that Miss Shepherd was one of them..or at least had the scent of one. With a sigh she quickly climbed up the steps and crouched as she rapidly made her way across the rook. She waited until Miss Shepherd jumped the large gap between the two buildings and was running on to the steps. She heard another jumper and suddenly stood up. She reached out her hand and managed to just turn her nails into claws. Sharp points met skin as she swiped and the man suddenly dropped like a stone. A look of surprise and confusion crossed his features before gravity took over and he was making his way back down to the ground.

She did not look over the edge of the building to see how badly he was hurt, unless he was dead he would not take too long to get back up and he had two friends. She rapidly turned tail and ran back the way she had come. Without truly pausing she gripped the woman's arm as she caught up and without asking for her say so she yanked her along side her. "You can thank me later." She hastily muttered as she directed Miss Shepherd to her car. "Get in."

The words were a growl of an order as she heard the two other men start to realize something had gone awry. She climbed into the drivers side and started the engine.

Despite all the curves that Jessie had to lug around, she had a surprising amount of muscle under all that softness. Fast and strong, she hurriedly clambered up the metal of the fire escape with a speed that would have made her old drill sergeant proud. Higher and higher she went until finally she came up to the rooftop and now there was nowhere to go but forward. ”Fucking hell, why is my life like a bad action movie?!” To the left, the second building was too high for her to make the jump, but to the right, that one seemed to be low enough that gravity wasn’t going to screw her over. She darted to the side, speeding off towards the ledge. She could hear the footfalls of the massive wolf behind, but she knew better to look back. Look back and you die.

She jumped, flying through the air and ending up on the next rooftop. Her legs failed to stick the landing and she ended up tumbling and rolling forward before she could control the forward momentum enough to get back onto her feet. This was it, she was going to die, there was no way that she was going to outrun that wolf forever. She was already starting to get tired, and that fall had cost her precious seconds. The young cop expected for the next sound she heard to be a panting wolf in her ear while she felt claws on her body, tearing away her clothes and subjecting her to a fate worse than death. Then he’d probably kill her anyways, just to add insult to injury.

But that alternate ending to her life never happened, instead, she heard a soft, fall away thud. And the next hands that were on her were human and female. She looked over, surprised to see Miss Bane here. And while she should probably a little more thankful that the other woman had saved her life, she was so high off adrenaline and nerves that she was pretty pissed off at everyone and everything in the world.

“Thank you?! This shit is all your fault!” Jessie hissed angrily as she was dragged along by the other woman. Seriously, this was all Miss Bane’s fault! If she had just left well enough alone, Rupert would have been tossed into a safe jail cell for the night. The politician would not have been here in this sketchy part of town, with a bullet lodged in his frontal lobe. The memory made her shiver slightly. She’d served in the military straight out of high school before becoming a cop. She’d seen people die, she’d pulled the trigger herself a couple of times…. But it never got any easier.

At the command to get into the car, Jessie hesitated. Was she really going to let herself get dragged into a vehicle by some crazy woman? A glance down the street and the memory of two other men that were also probably werewolves flashed through her mind. Yes, yes she really was going to get into a car with some crazy woman. Jessie ducked into the passenger side and buckled in. Knowing her luck, she’d probably get thrown through the windshield and die in a car accident if she didn’t.

“What the hell is going on?!” Jessie asked as soon as they pulled away from the curb. For someone that had just seen a man turn into a creature of myth, Jessie seemed to be doing pretty well. She was more concerned with the fact that she had seen a man just get blown away on the sidewalk than that she had seen someone shift right before her eyes. “You…are you one of them?” She honestly couldn’t tell. She knew what her parents smelled like, but other than that, she could not distinguish any sort of scents. She could get as far as knowing Miss Bane didn’t smell entirely human, but for all Jessie knew, she could be a vampire, demon, or some sort of halfling.

Belladonna simply paused in her actions for long enough to realize what Miss Shepherd was doing. She heard the other door open and before it had closed and she was fastening her seat belt Belladonna was already pulling out of the parking space and gunning the engine towards a popular and very public area.She knew if the men followed they would not risk being discovered and that would prove vital in escaping. "Don't thank me at all. I care very little for whether you do so or not. Mr Rupert would of been a dead man had I gotten involved or not, all he is now though is a victim of a gang war rather than the victim of some call girls pimp."

She did not look to Miss Shepherd once as she spoke, her gaze firmly focused on the road and making tight twists and turns until they were in a well lit bar and club area. The three wolves had slowed and eventually disappeared from sight as the human crowd grew. At her following question Belladonna looked over to Miss Shepherd with a look of surprise and amusement on her face. "Oh me? Why I am clearly your fairy god mother and clearly someone has been kept in the dark on your family lines."

She scanned the are carefully and after a few minutes she pulled over and climbed out of her seat. She began to clean down the car and remove any personal items. " We need a new car." She said quietly once Miss Shepherd had not too gently been removed from the car. "I hope you know how to play hide and seek properly. " She then sought out car out of camera shot that would be fairly easy to steal.

“Really funny, wise ass.” Jessie growled. Great, she was stuck with a comedian for a savior. But if Miss Bane didn’t want to tell her what the hell she was, then fine. It wasn’t like it would do her any good to know, it would merely just satisfy her curiosity. The brunette grunted softly as she was tugged from the vehicle, her eyes darting about. They were safe, for now, but for how long?

“What is this ‘we’ nonsense?” Still, she followed after the other woman as she moved towards cars that weren’t visible to the cameras, aware that while this was all very illegal, being alone right now would be very deadly. All the facts pointed to one glaring truth: she needed to hide and she needed to be in Miss Bane’s company. She couldn’t go back to the precinct, if the Commander could get bought out by Miss Bane, he could probably get bought out by anyone else. And if the wolves went sniffing around, they’d easily find the one female Latina cop in all of the UK. Without Miss Bane, Jessie would be left in the dark without the light of information to guide her. And unfortunately, this dark came with monsters of myth that would gladly tear her to shreds.

So the cop did the only thing she could do: she helped Miss Bane steal a car. Once they located an older model who’s owner figured it was such a hunk of junk that it didn’t need to be locked at night, Jessie climbed into the driver’s side and popped off the bottom panel by the steering column. Car companies make the wiring more or less universal for the sake of keeping mechanics from tearing their hair out, so within a couple of minutes, she had found the correct wires and had started up the car. “There, now that I’ve committed grand theft auto, you wanna drive this thing?”

Belladonna did not retort to the wise ass remark. She was too busy making sure they were not being honed in on by the three males. Taking a cop from a scene before they could be dealt with was one matter. Taking a potential mate be it unwilling or not was another and Belladonna had managed to do both all at the same time. Neither of which were exactly options that lead to a long, happy and peaceful life!

"This we nonsense as you put it is the fact that right now you know you have approximately as much chance as surviving this without me as a rat does at a exterminators home." She shot a look to Miss Shepherd as she spoke of her driving again and then sighed quietly. " Did you not learn to drive before you became a cop?" She shook her head faintly but once Miss Shepherd was out of her way she got into the drivers seat and this time put her seat belt on. She waited until her companion was settled once more and this time drove out of the town at a slow rate. Just as if they were friends going home after a long night. "We ..have about three hours maximum to get to your place and mine. You will only have time to pick up a few personal items. No mobile or anything though that can be used to track you down."

When she pulled into Miss Shepherds street she cruised along it a few times to observe anything unusual looking before she pulled up two houses away. "Make it quick..oh and do not forget the lead I got you." She gave Miss Shepherd a small smile as she climbed out of the car and sent one last message on her phone. Once Miss Shepherd was out of sight she moved towards the nearest sewer drain and threw the phone into the stinky depths. All the information on the phone had already been wiped and all they would find was a single saved draft if the phone was even working by the time they tracked it. That done she put the cover back in place and climbed back into the car to wait on her new friend while she played look out.

“I don’t have a very good sense of direction…” Jessie murmured the confession, her cheeks turning a little pink at the embarrassment of having to admit a weakness to a perfect stranger. Of course the cop knew how to drive!! …She just had the sense of direction of a potato. It was hard for her to believe that she was descended from a long line of warriors and hunters when she couldn’t even find her way home without a GPS. Thankfully Miss Bane appeared to have a better sense of direction than she did, because the other woman got her back to her apartment without too much trouble. After making sure the coast was clear, Jessie nodded and began to head out the door.

“Now is not the time for you to worry about fulfilling whatever kinky fantasies you have in that head of yours.” Jessie smirked at the reminder of the lead. The teasing comment was too much to resist. Of course the over-sexed cop would tie the two different types of submission together.

Jessie hurried into her place and ransacked her room as she quickly grabbed the things she’d need. Change of clothes, her personal identifications, any and all cash she had laying around (including the 6,000 pounds under her bed) on a whim, she actually packed the lead and collar, jamming it into the bottom of the bag. She quickly changed out of the clothes she was wearing now and into her police boots (which were surprisingly comfortable and good to run in), a pair of tactical pants (that almost looked like regular street clothes), and a dark blue button down, because she’d read once that the color blue is perceived as ‘non-threatening’ by humans.

She didn’t take much in the way of personal items. Just a watch her father had given her for completing boot camp, a charm with St. Anthony from her mother (because Jessie was forgetful and always losing things), a couple of pictures of her, her family, and her friends, and finally an old necklace with a North Star pendant on it. The final trinket was more or less worthless, but she’d been told that it had been in the family for a long time and it didn’t feel right leaving it behind.

The young cop shouldered her backpack and grabbed her phone. By the time she had gone downstairs and was out the door, she’d already called Jackson, telling him she had a family emergency and would not be able to come into work for a couple of weeks, maybe a couple of months. She told the same story to the Commander, who wasn’t buying it but couldn’t really say much of anything against her story. And then finally she called her parents, who were used to hiding from werewolf hunters by now. They were going to stay in their cabin in the woods until the whole thing blew over.

She chucked her phone into the dumpster outside of her apartment and then trotted over to the car that Miss Bane still occupied. After throwing her pack into the backseat, she slid into the passenger side.

“All set…” Jessie said as she buckled in. “Soooo….” She looked over to the other woman. “Now that I’m stuck with you…do I get to know your name?” And then, figuring that getting information out of Miss Bane would be easier if they traded, she quickly added. “I’m Jessie…I know my file says Jessica, but I prefer Jessie.”

Belladonna decided it would be wise not to react to the fact that seemingly Miss Has No Clue did not have any sense of direction. Perhaps Belladonna had made a mistake and the scent belonged to someone who knew Miss Shepherd well. Perhaps her descendants had simply mated with humans for the last several generations and now all the animal instinct had been lost along with the facts of where she came from. Either way it was certainly not time to try and ask questions or give advice when clearly Miss Shepherd had not seen a wolf in her life until tonight it appeared.

At the remark she was thrown back about kink Belladonna smiled before she pouted. "Yet here I was hoping to have you in the collar, calling me mistress before..." She let the sentence run out with a simple raised eyebrow before Miss Shepherd disappeared to her home.

Her gaze continued to scan the area until Miss Shepherd reappeared and got into the car. The moment the door was closed the car was in motion once more. Belladonna smiled as she looked over to Jessie. "If you wish to be on personal terms then by all means. My name is Belladonna. Belladonna Bane. Miss Bane to most of those I know."

That question answered her gaze returned to the dark streets and she made her way to her apartment. "You seem quite calm for what you have seen tonight. I hope you can managed to keep that way even when the blood boils ..and.." She paused a moment to consider the next word with Jessie not knowing what she was. "Hormones surge." She was perplexed though as to how the woman had not shifted once when she smelled so. "You are going to have to come to my apartment with me. It is a high rise and I do not wish to let you out of my sight for too long. We will have to go through the back door to avoid the cameras and the security guard there. "

Within forty five minutes of leaving Jessie's house Belladonna pulled up out side of a collection of buildings on three sides. All of them were twelve stories high and made int he same colour and shape. She ignored the secure parking for residents and drove around the back tot he staff car park. "How are you for running up stairs? We have ten flights to go. You can sleep in the car afterwards. if you need to."

That said she turned off the car, took the key but left the car doors unlocked in case they had to get in urgently and lead Jessie to the back door. She pulled out a security card from her purse which she should not technically of had and let the pair in. With a grin she took the lead up the stairs, paused just for a few seconds at each floor to inhale and listen before she carried on upwards. Finally when they reached the tenth floor she pulled out a key and moved towards one of the four apartments. She indicated with a point of her finger for Jessie to remain by the front door.

Once that message was loud and clear she moved in and gather the items she required. She packed up a small wash bag, some practical traveling clothes and walking boots. She then picked up a secondary mobile, a tablet and an ipad, each were put into a sink and filled with boiling hot water. She regularly cleaned the three so that was of little concern but it was better to be safe than sorry and then she smashed the three under her foot. Next she walked into her study and entered a code into her pc. A strange grinding noise came from the tower as she wiped the hard drive and left nothing but a empty crater in it's place. Finally she picked up any items that could lead them to locate any other homes she may have had and some cash. While she was in her bedroom she considered selecting another item. One that if she was going to be on the road for a while would be needed to prevent her getting cranky. She slid the long, rectangular box into her back pack before heading back to Jessie. "All done. Let's go."

“Yeah well…parents are both werewolves, seeing people turn into four legged creatures of myth doesn’t really bother me. I guess I got the recessive gene or something though? Because I’ve never been able to shift...” Jessie shrugged her shoulders. Sometimes, she wished that she could, being so powerful would be appreciated, especially in her line of work. But having stayed with a pack for a little while when she was younger made her glad that she couldn’t. Surrendering to animal urges during her heat and mating with a male didn’t interest her. Infact just the thought of male genitalia made her nauseous. ”Blech…so gross…”. While she wasn’t a stranger to a strap on or any other phallus-inspired sex toy, being confronted with the real deal made her want to vomit. “So ah, yeah, no blood boiling and hormone surging for me.”

Jessie gave a sidelong look to Belladonna, sizing her up. Blood boiling and hormones surging huh? Was this girl a werewolf then? Or did she just work so close to them that she knew their cycles so well. The wolf’s mating season was coming up soon, Jessie knew that much, it always came at the end of winter. Was Belladonna going to need someone to help her deal with that hormone surge? ”Heh, yeah right.” The girl was cute, but her snooty professional attitude rubbed the cop the wrong way. It made it hard very hard to appreciate just how beautiful Belladonna really was. The more she thought about the other woman’s profession the more disgusted Jessie grew, so she pushed all those thoughts out of her mind and tried to think of something else. Thankfully she didn’t have to think all that much, they arrived right at Belladonna’s neighborhood, which of course, was amazing, and probably filled of apartments that Jessie could only dream about living in.

“I think I can handle a couple of stairs.” The cop rolled her eyes and got out of the car. “I’m ex-military. Or did you not read my police file close enough?” Jessie was definitely physically fit…you just had to do a little searching under the tits and ass to find the muscle underneath. She wasn’t going to need a nap after climbing up a couple flights of stairs. Though she might need a nap to make up for the lack of sleep she had gotten from Miss. Bane’s visit to her apartment last night…

Jessie trailed after Belladonna as the woman headed up the stairs, stopping when she stopped, moving when she moved. When they finally got up to the final floor, she cocked a brow. Really? She wasn’t going to be allowed inside to scope out the stranger’s place and see what kind of woman Miss Bane was when she went home? Well fine, she’d be a good lapdog for now and stay outside to keep watch and just make up a backstory for Belladonna as she saw fit. All she could think of were business-type things when she thought of Belladonna, and figured her place must look boring and like the conference room at the precinct, only much, much nicer.

At least she didn’t have to wait long for Belladonna to come back out. And at least no one had showed up, not even the other woman’s neighbors. Jessie nodded and led the way downstairs, proving she could at least handle coming back the way she had came. Right as they neared the door, she slowed down and quietly opened the backdoor, looking around a little bit and then opening it wider. There were just a couple of staff members smoking some cigarettes, no big deal. So she led the way back to the car, hopped inside, and waited for Belladonna to get in and take them to wherever the hell they were going.

“We need a plan you know…we can’t just keep running forever.”

The knowledge that the woman actually experienced such before was not surprising. The fact that both were Were's and yet she still could not shift was. Belladonna could not recall anything about a older brother or sister. Some times it was only the first child that gained the trait. She smirked faintly at her retorts about her history. "Just because you were fit then does not mean you are fit now , no matter how slim you look."

She was also quite aware by the look on Jessie's face that she certainly had no intention or interest in playing kinky games at least not with her any rate and Jessie was far too moralistic and full of the black and white way of thinking for Belladonna to consider her more than merely someone to banter with. Besides she had seen the way Jessie had been in the club. She certainly preferred more monogamous mates rather than one who seemed to pass her time by chasing any pair of legs in a skirt around the room.

She smiled as the woman remained where she had indicated but from where Jessica stood and what she could see she was not missing too much. The house was immaculate and the scent of vanilla seemed to fill the air. There was no true personal items such as photos or ornaments. Just the bare minimum but at the height of luxury none the less. In truth it appeared more like a show home than where someone lived and relaxed.

Once they were back in the car Belladonna smiled once more towards Jessie but said nothing for several minutes as they pulled out of the car pack and back onto the open road. "Oh I already have a plan in motion. I always have for such times. We are going to go to my home." She stated oddly considering where they had just left. "It is going to take us about a week to get there though. How do you feel about flying by the way?" She said the question with a raised eyebrow and a small quirk to her lips. Clearly what ever plan she had going through her mind she was waiting to see how Jessie would react to the thought of being mid air.

Belladonna looked forward to the notion of getting to her home. It was nothing like the house she had just left. That was a place she lived but mostly worked from but home was special to her. It had everything that was hers there that she valued too much to travel with. They should be safe there for a little while at least until Edward could get in contact with her and she he as well as other contacts she trusted for a variety of reasons not to sell her out to the gang. She had some research to do also.

“Didn’t we just come from your home…?” Jessie blinked, confused. After a moment of thought, she supposed it made sense. If Belladonna and whoever she worked for could just throw 6,000 pounds at Jessie as a bribe, then surely the woman could afford keeping a summer and winter home, or whatever her arrangements between the houses were. The cop sighed and leaned against the headrest and shut her eyes as they drove along. The vibrations and hum of a car always made her sleepy…it was actually pretty relaxing…

“A week?!” Jessie groaned, her brows furrowing at the news. Great, she was going to spend her birthday traveling to who the fuck knew where and hiding in a house with a woman she tolerated only out of necessity. Taking off on her birthday was one of the few indulgences of free time that Jessie allowed herself… Usually the cop buried herself under work so that she never had to notice how alone she was. Sure she had friends to spend time with, but something deep inside of her craved a person to come home to on a regular basis. Unfortunately she’d never met a girl that could hold her attention for all that long, and so she just brought a different woman home each night through the revolving door of her bedroom. She didn’t get too long to lament on spending her birthday in hiding, because Belladonna just loved to pile on the bad news.

“Flying…? Can’t we just…you know…drive?” The brunette smiled hopefully. It wasn’t that she was afraid of flying…it was just that she was afraid of the plane falling out of the sky and then dying in a fiery blaze of metal and smoke.

"We just left my work based home, the home that almost any can find out about if they have enough clout or at least money. That is where everything of irrelevance goes to and is a easy target. Mostly because those within are more powerful than I am and even those after us will not want to gain their attention. They won't do anything foolish.." Belladonna spoke confidently on that matter as if it was fact rather than conjecture but she knew it was true."Yes, a week. We can not go the utterly direct route in which we could of been there within two to three days. We still have to be careful and keep to the shadows of the world."

She looked to Jessi confused at the reaction to flight and laughed low. "Well you may wish to hope that is the worst thing that is going to happen to you. We have to fly and we have to get the right documents also. Our birth ones are going to be no good as anything other than bread crumbs."

She suddenly smirked as if she was having immense fun. " Did you pack that collar and leash? We are going to need it to get some of what we are going to require." She looked to the road ahead of her once more as she left the clean and bright city and turned intot he darker streets where people hid in the shadows. "Also..do you have a preference for latex or leather?"

Back
Top Bottom