Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Let Me Entertain You (DarkAngel111 & Niah)

Niah

Star
Nina held onto her son's hand with a firm grip, as security led them backstage. It had been a great show, well at least for Michael, the child had been able to see all of his favorite characters come to life. He was just turning eight, but from the age of six had been an avid fan of 'Tumble Town'. A children's show full of songs and fun stories. Every morning he watched it without fail, whilst munching on his breakfast. He knew every song and dance and had his room decorated in all of the Tumble Town merchandise. So when the show announced that they were doing a live tour. Nina knew that she just had to buy him tickets! They weren't cheap, but it was worth it just to see the look on his face. He had become so excited, as all the people that he had seen on TV appeared right in front of his eyes. The songs were cheesy, the dances were lame, but kids loved this type of thing.

Nina's sister; Isabelle had come with them, she had two daughters of her own, twins. So they decided to all come together. Isabelle's husband was working today and Nina... well she had no husband. He had walked out on her when Michael was just two years old. Being a single mother was tough, but times like this made it all worth while. Her son had, had the best day of his life and it was only going to get better! She hadn't told him, as she had wanted it to be a surprise, but she had scored them all backstage passes. Not only did he get to see his favorite characters on stage, he'd be meeting them in person! Michael could hug them and take pictures with them, something that would bring him such happiness.

Nina and her sister were guided through the crowd and soon came to an opening that led behind all of the commotion. Wandering into the depths of the building, where all the dressing rooms were situated. They and several other families were led into the 'meet and greet' room. Inside were a few sofas, some light refreshments and snacks, as well goody bags and balloons. "What's going on?" Michael asked his mother. "You'll see" she replied with loving smile. She hadn't dressed up too much for the occasion. Her light blue skinny jeans were tucked into a pair of brown boots that stopped in the middle of her calf. A pretty brown scarf was tied around her neck, complimenting the cream t-shirt that she was wearing. It had a v-neck line, which exposed just a little of her cleavage. Not too much that it was inappropriate though. Her long, wavy brown hair had been left loose and it fell past her shoulders effortlessly.

Her son had chosen his best shirt to wear, accompanied with a bow tie. He looked like such a little gentleman! He began tugging at her clothes, but before she had chance to tell him to be patient. A green creature came bursting through the door. "Hi children!" The costumed character called to them in a funny manner. Instantly the kids began screaming with excitement. They all jumped up and down, before running to give him a hug. Michael let go of his mother's hand and ran towards him. "Are you ready to meet all my other friends?" The creature chuckled, all the children screamed 'yes' in unison. Nina couldn't help but smile brightly, as she kept an eye on her son, awaiting the arrival of all the other characters.

RE: Let Me Entertain You ( DarkAngel111 & Niah)

James had been a tv star for kids shows since his teens working on numerous kids shows and entertainment sections, in general he had wanted to hit big time but never gotten around to it, although the fact that he had become so famous in the little circle of fans he had unlimited attention, all his shows were booked 100% where ever they went. Usually the Live shows went up high with profits and the backstage tickets were all part of it. Kids would simple drag their parents along to lines at the ticket counters and only a lucky few got back stage passes. James had a little ritual that he used with some of the cutest kids. This was a rarely offered prize and the sponsors bore no expense when James sometimes agreed to allow 1 or maybe two special kids to spend a weekend with him and a few other characters from the show.

Today one of his shows had been a total blasts the crowd was huge and every kid was accompanied by one parent to the backstage. Of course some of the younger kids liked the dressed up creatures more than him as he usually kept his normal appearances on the show. But the older ones in the 8-10 limit usually were the ones who understood the jokes he made and thus loved him for his good humor. After performing for 3 and a half hours on the stage the last 30 minutes to an hour were dedicated to those who had been given access to the backstage to meet their favorite characters in private. As usual the Green monkey was the first one to enter the greeting area and when they heard all the kids screamed YES in unison. That was the que for rest of them to enter from different doors and get tackled by kids.

Of course James loved the kids, after all they were his livelihood but he too liked a little attention and after many years the tween Disney stars were no longer attractive to him and usually he got himself a little more adventure with a mom every few shows he would get lucky with one or two of them. This was where the weekend at a beach house came into play.

Almost instantly James was surrounded by kids hugging him and in slurry of questions tugging at them here and there as they all tried to calm the kids down. Although it usually took a while he shook some hands patted a few heads although a kid in the bowtie seemed to stand out and James instantly picked him up into his arms and said “Alright Now kids, every calm down, if you all keep the noise up every one of my friends will leave. We don’t want that now do we?” He said loudly enough so it was heard by all the kids. “So little fella what is your name?” James asked the little boy he had in his arms. The boy seemed either shocked or shy around him so he raised the boy up and said “So who came here with this fine little gentleman here?” He asked out loudly to the parents to find out a little more about the kid and the parent who had come along with him

The room had several doors leading into it, which at first Nina hadn't even noticed. It may seem strange, one room having so many entrances. However the reason for this soon became clear, as the rest of the cast came bursting through all the different doors. The woman gave a little jump, to which Isabelle began laughing. Nina couldn't help but join in, "shut up" she said jokingly to her sister. If you thought that the children couldn't scream any louder, you would be wrong. At the arrival of everyone else, the children's insanity levels went up a further few notches. They began throwing themselves left and right, running for either their favorite character or the one nearest to them. For a moment Michael became lost in the mob, causing Nina to begin searching around for the little boy. She wasn't one of these extremely overprotective mothers. However she did like to keep an eye on him and make sure that he was ok. Didn't all parents?

However no matter how many times she scanned the floor, searching through the sea of children. Michael seemed not to be there, had someone picked him up? A male voice sounded, asking the children all to calm down. They were getting a little out of hand, it was like women in clothing stores when a sale was on. They were all going mad and she was surprised that no one had been trampled on yet. All the children cried out 'no' at the thought of all their favorite characters leaving. So they began to calm just a little before going back to tugging at various people. Nina looked up to see her son being held by the man who had been speaking. James, one of the main presenters of the show that didn't wear a costume. He was perhaps just under ten years younger than herself, if she had to hazard a guess. He was definitely in his mid twenties, no older. The man was attractive, no doubt about that, weren't all people on television though?

He asked for the little boy's name, however he seemed too stunned to reply. When James called out to the parents, Nina took a step forward, heading on over. "I did" she replied with pretty smile. "Are you going to tell him your name?" She asked her son. The child looked to his mother, still a little shy. "Go on sweetheart." It took a moment, but his mother's soothing voice seemed to give him the confidence boost that he needed. "M... M... Michael" he finally said quietly to James. "I think he's a little starstruck, he loves the show so much." She told the male, her hands running over her son's head affectionately. "You know you're probably one of his favorite people, he's always retelling your jokes to his grandparents." She told him with a small laugh.

James looked over at the female who stood up making it known that she was with the little boy he had in his arms and said “Well come on over here mom, your boy seems awfully scared of me for some reason” He said with a smile as he adjusted the bow tie on the little man His mother started talking to him and clearly he felt a little more confident now with his mother by his side “Well Michael, I am James, it’s nice to meet you” He said with a light smile and shook his hand. James looked at the mother who explained his silence quickly “oh that’s quite alright, I know some kids just get shy around new people.” He said with a smile.

“So I have been told you tell my jokes around to your grandparents? Well how about you mimic me and tell me one of my jokes back?” James said clearly trying to get the boy to open up. Only a few of the kids were still around James the rest of them seemed to be playing with the costumed characters pulling and tugging. James placed him back down on the floor and made him stand up straight “You know Michael, if you don’t talk, I might have to talk to the other kids, that could mean you will probably not get to see me again for long time” he said running a hand through his head. “But if you make a nice little joke for me now, I will take you along for a fun weekend with me” he said with a bright smile.

The boy seemed to lighten up at the idea but at the same time he seemed lost in thought. In a few seconds he reached up to his ear and twisted it around just a little poking his tongue out like his ear was a lever. It was one of the most popular jokes on the show when it started the kids seemed to love it. James remembered it well so he quickly poked the tip of the boys nose making the tongue go back into his mouth as if the nose was a roll back button. James gave the boy a hearty laugh and said “well well, that is one of the oldest tricks I am glad you remembered it” he said ruffling the boys hair up. He turned his attention to the mother who had been standing there besides him all the time and said “I am sorry, ma’am, I hope you don’t mind that I told him I would take him along on the beach house, I can understand if that is inconvenient for you” he said with a light smile “usually I only take a select few kids you know the ones that need a little confidence boost, No one else knows about these, oh and you have to come along” James said with a light smile. He was just starting to notice that Michael's mother was quite attractive, most mothers that were here, were either out of shape or not at all in their wits unlike her. She seemed to be aware of her looks. The best part of it was that he didn’t see a wedding band on her finger.

Nina liked how tactile James was being with her son. Some people were able to entertain children, but when it came to actually meeting them, they suddenly became awkward. Performing on stage to keep them happy and actually spending time with them one on one, were two completely different things. It was nice to see that the blonde male was able to do both. He naturally straightened up Michael's clothes and ruffled his hair. It was sweet and a great way to be around children. When James told her son that it was nice to meet him, Nina rubbed her son's back reassuringly. "What do you say?" She asked him. The brunette was the type of woman who intended on teaching her child manners. So many kids today didn't know how to say please, thank you or excuse me. They didn't know about common courtesy or decency, or how they should respond to others accordingly. Michael may have been shy but he definitely wasn't impolite. Again he made a quiet noise "nice to meet you too" the little boy said.

After being put down, Michael retreated to his mother's side. Holding onto her legs as James continued talking to him. Nina's smile wavered slightly as the man attempted to convince Michael to show him a trick. Although she understand and appreciated that he was trying to bring her son out of his shell. She didn't know whether telling him that; if he didn't talk more James would leave, was the best way to go about it. She hoped that this didn't put too much pressure on her son or make him upset. When James then added an incentive, Nina's eyes widened slightly in shock. Wait! What?! A weekend getaway?! She had heard of the prize before. It rarely occurred, but once in a while a lucky family would get to spend the weekend with their favorite character from the show.

The woman was taken aback though. She hadn't been informed that this prize would be given out today! Had she missed something in the fine print of the backstage passes that she had bought? She tried not to look too apprehensive as Michael began to demonstrate his trick. Nina couldn't help but smile as James pressed her son's nose, causing him to suck his tongue back up. She gave a light chuckle, before turning her attention back to the man. Draping her arms around her son, she listened as the presenter explained himself. It seemed that Nina hadn't missed anything. James told her that no one here knew about the weekend getaway. It seemed that he just sprung it on children who caught his attention.

Well that was slightly unusual. He then added that she would of course have to come along if she allowed Michael to go. Well she hadn't expected anything different. He may have been a celebrity, but it didn't mean that you could just give him your child to take away for the weekend. Of course she would have to go! However it was all very sudden. "That's really sweet of you but, I'm not sure..." Nina began to say hesitantly. Michael looked up at her with sad eyes. "But mummy, I did the joke, just like he asked." Great! Michael had been promised that he could go if he did the joke. If Nina said no, it would be like he was being punished even after keeping his end of the deal. "I know you did honey and it was so good, it's just..." She gave an exasperated look as Michael seemed to be on the verge of crying. Nina knelt down and rubbed his cheeks. "I'll think about, I promise." Michael gave a smile, in his world whenever his mum said 'I'll think about it', that usually meant that he'd eventually get his own way.

"Why don't you go say hi to Stingo" Nina suggested to her son. Nodding to a yellow and purple costumed bug thing. Michael gave a nod and ran off, meeting up with his cousin, who was already at Stingo's side. With Isabelle keeping an eye on the children for her; Nina turned her attention back to James. "Umm... do you mind if I get back to you on this whole weekend away thing? Perhaps I could give your team a call tonight with my answer? It's just all very sudden, I need to think it over and see if arrangements can be made." She would most likely end up saying yes. However she wouldn't be a responsible parent if she didn't at least put some decent thought into it and do her research first.

James seemed to have a liking for the boy he was shy yet he could tell that the little guy was full of character. Something about the boy reminded him of his own childhood he had been a lonely little fella who never talked too many people and usually would shy away from any sort of conversation that involved strangers. Now he was a public figure, no one could look at him now and think of James as a shy little kid. Of course it helped that the boy’s mother was definitely an eye candy. And he seemed awfully attached to her by the way he hid behind her.

“Well How about this Michael, I will talk to your mommy about the trip we are planning together, but I will tell you what, If she can’t make it this weekend, the offer stands for you whenever your mother can bring you along.” He said smiling at her lightly as she ushered the boy away to the other characters. “I am extremely sorry. I should have asked you before I promised him the trip.” James said earnestly as he had not taken into consideration the fact that they might not be able to make it on such a short notice. James waited till the boy was busy with the other kids and smiled at his mother lightly “you know it might seem random to you that I asked you guys for this, but I was like Michael when I was a kid, my father helped me out of the shell that I had around me all the time, and I thought maybe I could help Michael break out of his.” He said explaining himself a little. Even though most parents would leap at the opportunity no questions asked this woman looked a little troubled with the idea at first.

He had before too long another few people lined up to talk to him and James had gotten quite busy once more with another horde of children coming his way. “Oh and don’t tell my team about this, if my director found out I was doing all this he would want to make money off this too” he said simply and honestly. James pulled his card out of his pocket and said “This is my private number, so whenever you decide just give me a call and let me know, I will arrange to have you guys picked up.” He said with a warm smile and held his hand out for her “Look forward to seeing you again” he said looking at her directly.

James was quickly taken up by a few other parents who had seen him give his card to her and said “Alright guys, how about we start picked out a few kids, each will play a character from the show, only this time, Me Stingo, larry And Mr Poppins will be the ones watching you. I am sure a lot of you guys want to be Stingo, So we will do it in turns!” He said clapping his hands together as the crowd quickly shuffled about “So pick a character you want to play and stand next to them. Everyone will get a chance to play this so no one gets left behind” James said with a bright smile

"It's ok, thanks" she appreciated the apology. It had been an awkward situation there for a moment. However Michael seemed to be pleased with the idea of going a different weekend if they had to. Nina suspected that it didn't matter when, as long as her son got to go, he'd be happy regardless. She gave a pleasant smile as James explained why he had offered them the trip. When hearing a little about his childhood, Nina discovered that he himself had been a lot like Michael. As a grown man, he most certainly didn't seem the type to suffer from bouts of shyness. However people changed a lot during the transition from childhood to adulthood. James' father had been the person to bring out his confidence. Something that made Nina feel terrible, Michael didn't have a father figure in his life.

She felt immensely guilty about this fact. Of course it wasn't her fault that his father deserted them for another woman. His dad was the jackass in this situation, not her. However as a mother who adored her child. She couldn't help but shoulder some of the responsibility. Male role models no doubt helped children develop. Was Michael suffering because he didn't have one? Nina tried her best to be all that her son needed, but was it enough? If James could bring Michael out of his shell a little, it would definitely be a good thing. "That would be great... his dad... well lets just say he isn't around. It would be nice for Michael to get some attention from a male role model... like I said, I'll think about it." She replied with a soft but also partially sad smile.

Nina accepted his card and was pleased to hear that he wasn't doing this for some publicity stunt. You know, to make himself look good or earn money. In fact he didn't want those who would exploit his good intentions to even know about it. He was far too kind. She looked into his eyes, "thank you, I'll see you around." She replied, before watching him walk away. Nina then observed as all the children began putting on a show for the actors. Switching characters between themselves, so no one was left out. Whenever it was Michael's turn to speak, he was noticeably quieter than the other children. Such a large crowd was obviously making him nervous. However he gave it his all, doing a lovely performance even though he had stage fright. After doing this, the children played some other games, had something to eat, took some pictures and so on and so forth.

After a couple of hours passed by, the backstage party came to an end. Soon all of the families were leaving, saying goodbye and thanking all of the characters as they departed. As Nina approached the exit, she saw James again. "It was lovely to meet you" she said to him. Her son looked up at the older male with a bright smile. "Bye James... see you soon" he said quietly, a little giggle added at the end. He gave James a hug, before grabbing his mother's hand and allowing her to lead him out of the room. Her sister drove them to her home, Michael and the twins were having a sleepover. Once the children were in bed, the two women relaxed on the sofa with a couple of glasses of wine. It didn't take them long before they began discussing the show. Nina told Isabelle about what James had offered her and Michael.

Her sister then went on for about an hour, telling Nina she'd be mad to pass up the opportunity. She offered to watch her house for the weekend and practically demanded that Nina call up James now and say yes. Nina didn't work on the weekend, so it wasn't as if she had anywhere to be. After discussing it a little more, weighing up the pros and cons and looking into it a bit further. Eventually Nina decided that they would go. It was now nine at night, it wasn't very late but it seemed an unreasonable hour to be calling someone. Believing that her sister was just coming up with excuses to stall. Isabelle snatched the card and dialed the number herself before thrusting the phone into Nina's hands. It began ringing and the brunette quickly put it to her ear, waiting for James to answer.

James was glad that she had agreed to think it over at least. And it was a good thing that the little guy was not too upset with his mother. James knew that he had put Nina in a very bad position with her son and that was not the kind of thing he had wanted to do. Usually he would approach the parents before he told the kids about such trips, but something made him want to see the smile on Michael’s face. James looked at her as she explained the reason for his shyness, it was clear he lacked a male figure in his life now that his mother revealed to him his father had left them when Michael was still young. “I know how important it is for the kid, I am sure you are the best mother but sometimes they need a little bit of a male lead to help them with the confidence” He said reassuringly.

The show with the kids acting out their favorite parts went smoothly for the most part some kids were shy to act out Michael was one of the worst as he had a hard time performing in front of a large crowd. James could almost see a mirror image of himself in the kid. After a couple of hours of complete fun, the families started departing quickly most of the kids were now too tired to hang around and so were most of the actors. Wearing those costumes was hard to pull off for so long. The backstage party was now over and as soon as the last of the families left the crew crashed on the seats and there was a noticeable sigh heard around the room as they started getting out of costumes get some fresh air in.

As soon as they were all done James decided to head back home, this was the last show for them for rest of the month, and he was glad for it as well he had grown tired of the shows back to back, not that he didn’t like kids, it was just taking its toll on him. And he was sure his exhaustion would start showing that in the shows. He got to his house within an hour. Thankfully these shows were happening in his home town and he could easily go home and relax. It took him a hour to get to his place where he immediately kicked his shoes off and went up to his room taking a long shower. Once done, he was ready to relax. It was only 9 30 pm and he knew he had couple of days off so he opened a bottle of scotch, and poured himself a large one deciding to watch a game he had missed earlier on TiVo.

It was the last thing he expected when he was watching the game that his phone would ring. He thought maybe the producers had lined something up for his days off. He looked at the phone and was surprised that it was an unknown number and for a moment he thought who it could be before he answered “James Wytte speaking, Who am I talking to?” He asked into the phone lazily as he took a sip of his scotch and kept the television on mute. He had not expected Michael’s mother to call so quickly as she had made it known that she was going to think it over carefully before she agreed or disagreed to come along.

"Hello James. This is Nina Brooke, Michael's mum from the show?" It was just now that Nina had realized that she hadn't even given James her name back when meeting him. How rude of her and how awkward as well, that she was agreeing to spend the weekend with someone who hadn't even known her name. Normally it would have taken the woman weeks to pick up the phone and give the younger male her answer. She supposed that's where Michael got his nervous behavior from. Nina was perhaps over cautious when it came to these situations. Isabelle was the complete opposite, whenever she needed a push in the right direction, her sister was always there.

She had always been more adventurous and forthright, compared to Nina. To be honest, if she hadn't discussed this with Isabelle, she wouldn't even be ringing right now. It was her sister's persuading that had sealed the deal. "Sorry for ringing so late... I could always call back another time?" Sensing that her sister was trying to back out, Isabelle gave her a little pinch. Nina stifled an 'ow' and frowned at her sister. The other female simply frowned back and mouthed the words 'don't you dare' at Nina. Refocusing on the call, the brunette continued talking.

"I... I was just going to say that I've been thinking about your offer and Michael and I would love to join you for the weekend." Perhaps it was a good thing that she had rang back so soon. If she had continued to put it off, it was very likely that she would have ended up talking herself out of it. She might have put the card in a draw, hoping that Michael would forget about it. However of course he wouldn't of and then she would have had to put up with his constant questions about why they couldn't go.

James was surprised by the female voice and when she told him exactly who she was he recognized her. Of course it was the last thing he expected because of the way she had reacted to his offer at first. "Of course I remember, how can I be of help to you?" He asked her as he wondered what her answer would be to the offer. James looked at the game as he listened to heron the phone "That's alright, Its not that late, you can go head, the next time you call I might be asleep, so it is the best time" he said with a light smile.

James looked over at his shoulder and wondered if she was even going to flinch at his flirting, because unlike most women she seemed unhinging. Lucky she had called to accept the weekend away. "Well I am glad that you decided to come along, its Thursday, would you like to go this weekend or the next?" James asked wondering about the answer himself. He had after all told her they could go any other weekend as well. Now she had his full attention and he was ready to convince her in case she changed her mind.

"Well, I guess, as long as Michael is happy with it none of us would have a problem" He said with a smile "I suppose I will be seeing you very soon then" James said. As soon as she had put her phone down James called his butler to arrange a clean up of the beach house, telling him that there will be guests there. He got onto it immediately. Last time he had been there was months ago, and being at the beach the place would have sand all over it. That was the only drawback of the place. James smiled lightly to himself as he rested on the couch and decided it was probably time for him to get some rest. he got out of the couch and walked upstairs to his room and as soon as he had crashed. He fell asleep.

"This weekend would be fine" Nina replied with a smile. "I look forward to seeing you, bye and thank you again." After that, the mother had gone to bed. Herself and Michael then spent Friday packing for the weekend and a car arrived early Saturday morning to pick them up. They arrived at the beach house around eleven in the morning and after being shown around, they began to settle in. The rest of the day had been spent playing fun games and doing activities.

They had even gone swimming down at the beach. Nina had worn a white bikini, that revealed how in shape her body was, even after having a baby. She couldn't help but also notice how James had looked in his swimsuit. He had a very attractive body, but Nina had tried not to look too much. It was now eight at night and she was placing the covers over Michael, as he slept in bed. Placing a kiss upon his forehead, she left the room and closed his bedroom door behind her. She then walked outside and sat down on the beach house's deck, admiring the view.

James had spent rest of the week resting from his long trip that they had over the few weeks touring different cities and finally when he had rested enough he decided to head to the beach house a day ahead of schedule to get everything ready for Nina and Michael. He had spent most of his day getting everything in the house in order. They arrived at the house on saturday morning by then everything was running smoothly he had hired some help to clean up the place which had been unused for several months now. The day was spent quite brilliantly Michael had started to really come out of his shell as he was not only in the presence of him and his mother.

The games they played and how they went swimming brought a smile to James' face. And when he had seen Nina come out in her white bikini he couldn't help but check her out. She had kept herself in a very good shape. He looked at her for a moment too long before looking away. as the night wore on they sent a very Tired Michael off to bed while James was in his room getting changed. He saw Nina go out on the deck and looking out at the beach. he smiled a little to himself as he followed out after her and smiled coming up behind her with a bottle of beer "I haven't been here for a while so there is no wine" He explained holding the bottle out for her. "Its so peaceful out here, good to get out of the city every once in a while you know, and take a long walk at the beach." He said almost in a daze as he looked at her smiling lightly "So how come an attractive lady like you never moved on?" He asked casually before realizing it was probably too personal "I don't mean to intrude. I was just wondering, you don't have to answer that" he said trying to undo the damage.

Back
Top Bottom