Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Touch]His Knight And Shining Armor[Asylum]

IITouchMeII

Planetoid
"We're leaving, Samuel."

Those words went over his Mother's, The Queen, lips as she smiled towards him then turned to his Father, The King, and pressed a palm against his chest. "Do you want to tell him?" His Father shook his head then his Mother hit him with a laugh. Samuel raised a brow at their actions then asked himself what was going on. "You're getting a bodyguard, basically. But he is like the best of the best. He got top honors in his class. You'll be fine with him around." His Mother spoke while leaving their house. Samuel brows furrowed as he followed them out of the house. "What?! Why?!" He stood at the top of the stairs then folded his arms over his chest. "Don't you guys trust me to be on my own?" He asked them as they looked at each other then back at him and replied to his question, simultaneously. "No!"

And after that, they waved him goodbye and left in their limo.

Samuel was beyond pissed and walked back into the house. slamming the doors shut and letting out a scream of frustration. His maid, Cassandra, came from the shadows almost to make sure he was alright. "Yes Ma'am, I am fine. Thanks for asking though." His ears twitched when the door was knocked upon as he smirked while quickly writing somethings on a piece of paper.

He walked over to the door and opened with a smile. "Hey. How are you doing?" He asked so politely then held up the piece of paper. "Here. I need you to sign here, here and initial there." He said while handing him the paper and a pen. "This basically states that you don't need to be here and I will pay you double than what my parents did for you to leave." He said towards the gentleman behind the door with a smile. "Are you going to sign?" He asked while getting impatient and folding his arm over his chest, tapping his foot against the marble floor in his home.

Vincent walked through the halls of the palace, his long black hair hanging down his back. He wore a white button-up top made of silk, with the top two buttons left unbuttoned, and wore a pair of black pants with matching boots. His weapon of choice, a fencing sword, hung from his hip. He was tall, standing at 6 feet 3 inches, and was quite handsome in appearance. As he walked, his eyes soon found the door to the room he was headed to.

"Lord Rosenkrantz, we have a favor to ask of you," the man recalled the King telling him a few hours before. "As you may very well know, my lovely Queen and I will be leaving to take care of some things outside the kingdom. Our son, he's...well he has a tendency to get carried away whenever we leave him alone. We would like for you to be his bodyguard while we're away. We feel that if someone's keeping an eye on him, he'll manage to behave himself." Vincent chuckled softly at his thoughts. The Prince was already in his twenties, but still needed someone to look after him. He knew how Samuel could get if he didn't have his way, and expected to have his hand full while the King and Queen were away.

He cleared his throat as he approached the door, knocking on it briefly before watching it open. The man couldn't help but grin at how 'polite' the Prince was being, knowing he was far from pleased. "I'm doing quite well, Your Excellency," he said with a slight bow. He stared at the piece of paper for a moment before taking it, his eyes scanning over it while Samuel explained what was on it. "I suppose I could sign it," he said, pressing the tip of the pen against the paper before smirking. "But then again, that would break the vows I've made to the King and Queen. Bad things would happen if I committed such an act." He chuckled and folded up the paper, slipping it into his pocket. "Forgive me, Your Excellency, but I will not be able to sign the paper. I'm sure that will be much to your displeasure."

Samuel smiled brightly when he saw the male press the tip of the pen against the paper, only for him not to sign it. He sighed at the male's words then rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders. "Fine then." He said while turning heel and walking away from the male and the door, leaving it open for the male to come inside. "Cassandra!" His voice roared throughout the main hall as she quickly came to his side. "Yes Sir?" Samuel pointed towards the male. "This is who we've been expecting, right?" Cassandra nodded her head and walked over to the male.

Samuel rolled his eyes again while walking up to his room.

Cassandra introduced herself and grabbed Vincent's bags. "Hello, Lord Vincent. Come, I'll show you where you'll be staying." She said while turning heel and showing him towards the room next to the kitchen. She dropped a bag to open the door then picked it back up and walked right on into the room. "Oh, don't mind, Samuel. He's one of those typical I can take care of myself young adults." She said with a little laugh following her words.

Samuel came back down the stairs and stood against the doorway. "So, is this really happening? Is he really going to stay here?" He asked while walking further into his room, looking around it. "Isn't this where those people died? It might be haunted you know." Samuel directed his comment and gaze towards the male then smirked, hoping that'll send him flying out of the house, completely.

"Oh, I am Samuel. Prince Samuel, if you're nasty." He extended his hand while Cassandra shook her head. Samuel raised a brow at the male. "And you are?" Samuel asked with another smirk curving among his lips.

Vincent smirked at Samuel's disappointment. He was quite the entertaining one, and had a feeling the Prince would try to test his patience. His time there would definitely be interesting, to say the least. He smiled politely as Cassandra, watching as she grabbed his bags and started to carry them to his room. "Oh, I can sense that he is," he replied to her. "It will definitely make my stay here quite enjoyable." He followed along quietly, taking a look around the halls every now and then before they reached his room. Once his bags were down, he picked one up and carried it to his bed, opening it up before taking out the contents of it.

"It's really happening, Your Excellency," Vincent said as he sorted out his folded clothes. He couldn't help but chuckle when Samuel spoke about the room being haunted. "If it is, I suppose I'll just have to deal with it, won't I? They'll have a hard time scaring me away." He smiled and carried the now empty bag to the closet, placing it inside before walking over to the Prince.

"Vincent Rosenkrantz," he said with a charming smile, taking the extended hand. "It is a pleasure to finally be able to meet the Prince face to face. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have planned to get me out of your hair. But until then, is it possible for me to get a brief tour of the place? It would a shame if I ended up getting lost and failing to keep a close eye on you. Perhaps you could tell me more about yourself along the way. Since I'll be here for quite some time, it would be nice to get to know the person I shall be serving."

Samuel looked at the knight with a raised brow after his comment about the room being haunted. When he spoke his name, he smiled a little then quickly straightened up while shaking his hand. "Trust me, I've gotten rid of people before." Cassandra was behind him nodding her head as Samuel heard his request then raised another brow. "Uhmm, perhaps Cassandra can..." He waved towards her but she kind of interrupted him. "Sorry but I need to go help with getting dinner started." She responded while leaving the room.

His eyes shot over at Vincent then nodded his head at the male. "Well, since it seems like you really are here to stay, might as well get this over with." He said while waving his hands dismissively around the room. "This use to be my old room when I was younger and couldn't climb up the stairs." He chuckled lightly then left out of the room, waving for him to follow as he went inside of the main hall. "This, of course, is the main hall. Nothing really happens here, just people passing through to go into the kitchen, upstairs and etc etc." He said with a soft smile then cleared his throat while going up the stairs.

"The first door is the guest bathroom, also the maids and butlers use it too." Samuel said while showing him the door in a presenting manner. "See those big double doors at the end of the hallway? That's my parents room." He pointed his index towards the end of the hall then came to his room. "And this, is my room." He said while opening the door and walking inside, waving his hands and arms around the room. "It's not much but it'll do." He lied with a soft laugh following those words. "I even have my own bathroom." Samuel added. He waved towards his bed then added more words. "And this is where the magic happens." He chuckled again while sighing a little then waving for Vincent to leave his room. "Okay, come along."

Samuel lead him back down the stairs and pointed towards two big double, wooden doors. "That is the grand hall, which is currently off limits due to blood being everywhere. It's a long story, Vincent." He exclaimed while shrugging his shoulders. "Well, that's the inside..." He pointed towards the door next to his room. "Oh, that's the kitchen. But anyways, you don't really want to see the outside, do you?" Samuel asked with a raised brow, not really feeling like going outside right now. "And what did you want to know about me?" His brow rose up again in curiosity, waiting for a response.

"Oh, I'm quite sure you have," Vincent said with a chuckle. "But I think you should know, you'll easily become overwhelmed before you're even close to making the thought of leaving even cross my mind." He grinned a bit before letting go of Samuel's hand. He could tell by the way the Prince try to volunteer Cassandra for the tour that he didn't want anything to do with him. He knew Samuel would probably get frustrated with him, but it would only entertain the knight even more. "I'm quite looking forward to dinner, m'lady," he spoke to her before she left the room.

"This was your room?" Vincent asked as he looked around. "Perhaps you'll have to give me some tips on how to deal with any unwanted 'visitors' from the afterlife." He smiled as he followed Samuel out of the room, heading down the main hall, looking around a bit and greeting anyone they happened to pass along the way. Once they made their way upstairs, Vincent glanced at the doors that Samuel pointed to, nodding as the Prince spoke about the rooms on the other side. It didn't seem like it would be difficult getting around the palace. He stepped into the bedroom as Samuel led him in, chuckling a bit. He figured he would have to drag him out of the room at least once during his time there.

"The magic happens there, you say?" Vincent asked, folding his arms over his chest. "I hope the young ladies don't run off to tell their friends about this 'magic' you speak of," he said with a smirk. He walked out of the room with Samuel, turning his attention to the large wooden double doors. He raised an eyebrow, his natural curiosity kicking in. If it was a long story, he would have time to listen. His only job was to look after the Prince, and if Samuel behaved himself, then there really wasn't much to the job. "Hm?" hearing Samuel's question pulled Vincent from his thoughts. "Well, there's plenty that I would like to know," he answered. "I've heard stories about how rebellious you can be. You gave your parents a rather difficult time recently, not wanting to attend the King's speech. Or so I've been told," he said, smirking a bit before nodding towards the double doors. "Also, I'd like to know a bit about what happened on the other side of those doors. Since you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder what took place inside the room."

Samuel laughed at some of Vincent's comments then quickly straightened up as he rolled his eyes. "Okay, that room isn't really haunted. Just wanted to see how tough you were." He said with a smile then raised a brow at a couple more of his comments. He shook his head about the rebellious comment then tried to explain a lie. "Well, I wouldn't be so rebellious if I got my independence, you know? I don't need someone to watch over me." Samuel said with a soft sigh as he waved his index finger for Vincent to follow him outside. Samuel sat on the top stair then patted the spot beside him for Vincent to sit.

"Well, it was kind of hard to believe, surreal almost..." He breathed softly before speaking again. "We was having one of our annual dances and everyone seemed to be having a great time but their was an assassin in our midst." Samuel lowered his head and clasped his hands together while glancing towards Vincent but only for a brief moment. "The assassin was after me, they knew after my twenty-first birthday that I would gain automatically inheritance to this..." Samuel got up and waved his arms out towards the city. "So, now, the city is mine and I am everyone's target." His eyes glanced down towards Vincent as he looked back out towards the city with a sigh.

"Prince Samuel and Lord Vincent, dinner is being served." Said Cassandra, who was leaning against the opened door. Samuel gave her a thumbs up and she nodded her head while closing the door. "Come on, I want to show you something." Samuel said while running down the few stairs placed in front of his home and ran towards the rose garden, though going into the maze. Once he reached the center of the maze, he sat down again on the small, concrete bench and caught his breath before speaking.

"Have you ever came in contact with a girl and felt nothing?" He asked. "I mean, I would dance with a girl but feel nothing. Why is that?" Samuel asked towards Vincent while shaking his head and standing up. "Never mind forget I asked. Let's go get some dinner, huh?" He said while waiting to see what Vincent was going to do.

Vincent smirked a little and nodded. "I suppose it is safe to assume that I passed your test then," he said. "Ghosts have never bothered me. It's when they become dangerous that you should be worried." He walked with the Prince outside, taking a seat next to him on the top stair. "Perhaps your parents just worry about you. You are their son, after all." He looked out into the distance, propping his forearms on his thighs as he leaned forward, inhaling deeply to take in the fresh air. When Samuel began to speak about the assassination attempt, he nodded softly.

"I see," he said quietly. "Now everything makes sense." Vincent recalled the time when he was put in charge of headquarters one day while the leading commanders went to the palace. He thought it was strange how they suddenly decided to go. No one knew for sure what had happened, and the commanders hadn't said a word about it. The only thing he heard was rumors, and he refused to believe them. "Think about it, Your Excellency," he began. "Your parents know full well that you're now a target. They aren't trying to deny you your independence. They're trying to protect you. If they wanted to make a mockery of you, do you really believe they would have personally asked someone like me to guard you?" He grinned when he heard Cassandra's voice, then turned around to face her. "Thank you, m'lady. We will be there shortly."

Vincent stood up, expecting to head inside for dinner, but nodded when Samuel told him he wanted to show him something. He followed after him, going through the maze and stopping once they reached the center. With all of his physical training, he wasn't winded from the running. He looked around as he sat down on the bench, waiting for the Prince to speak. He didn't seem surprised by his words. In fact, he had a look of understanding in his eyes. "It's not really something to sweep under the carpet," he said as Samuel tried to change the subject. He stood up and made his way over to the Prince. "There could be many reasons why you feel that way. Perhaps you just haven't come across the woman who might catch your interest, or...something else..."

After hearing Vincent's words towards him, he had a whole new perspective on things and even him, for that matter. When Vincent started to walked towards him, he couldn't do anything but blush but turned around in a shy manner while turning back towards him. "Yeah, maybe I just found the right one or..." He stood up and walked a little closer to Vincent with a soft smile placed upon his face as he whispered. "Maybe it is something else." Samuel chuckled while punching his arm, playfully and leading him back through the maze and towards the house.

"So, why were you the only one that accepted the offer without a second thought?" Samuel asked with a raised brow. "I know I can be a handful but there is so much more to me than just the rebellious prince." He said as they edged the stairs. There really was much more to Samuel, with him being in one of the most powerful families to ever walk on the country, almost being assassinated and not really knowing if he was coming or going. Samuel was really confused on a lot of things and didn't know what to do or how to act upon them when they came at hand. Maybe that was the reason for him being rebellious, he knew that was the reason.

He ran up the stairs then opened the door, walking in and leaving the door open for him to enter. Miss Cassandra approached them with her hands on her hip. "Now, I called you guys for dinner two millenniums ago." She exaggerated while laughing then waving them to come into the dining, where the table already perfectly set and the other butlers and maids were bringing out the food with smiles placed upon their faces. "Can Vincent sit a little closer? He is my bodyguard after all." Samuel asked as he waved for Vincent to come and sit by him. "Oh, Jeffrey, prepare one of the limos because after dinner, I would like to show Vincent around." Mr. Jeffrey nodded then went on to do what he was told.

Samuel ate his dinner then wiped around his mouth while looking up and Vincent. "So, did you enjoy your dinner?" He asked him with a soft smile. "I hope you don't riding in a limo..." He leaned back in his chair. "Then again, who would? Gives you a chance to be royalty for a little bit." He said as Miss Cassandra appeared again. "You boys finish? How about some dessert?" She asked them but Samuel waved his hand while standing up and making sure that he was still looking up to par. "How do I look, Vincent? Still good?" He asked him while still straightening up a few details upon him.

Vincent couldn't help but grin as Samuel turned away from him. There was something the Prince wasn't telling him, but the knight figured there was no need for him to say it. He had a feeling he already knew. "Maybe so. Only time will tell," he said, smirking a bit while he was punched in the arm. He followed Samuel back through the maze, folding his arms as he walked. He stayed quiet for a moment after he was asked why he was the only one that accepted the offer. He was the best in his field, and even had his own group of men who he trained personally. Even a few of his superiors would refuse a sparring challenge with him because they knew they would be no match for him.

"Because I'm the best at what I do," Vincent said. There was no arrogance in his voice. In fact, he stated it rather matter-of-factly. "Others were asked, but I saw no need in sending several to do a job that I could easily handle on my own. It may seem as if I'm bragging, but I'm only speaking the truth. It has been tested, after all." He looked over at the Prince when he mentioned that there was more to him than his rebellious nature. "I'm sure there is. The citizens will only see what they're allowed to see, and believe any rumors that they hear. If one or two rebellious acts are all they see or hear about, then that is how they will see you."

He followed the Prince back inside, closing the door behind him. He couldn't help but chuckle when Cassandra scolded them for being late. "Please forgive us, m'lady. His Excellency was showing me around and we simply lost track of time." He walked into the dining room, getting ready to take his seat before he heard Samuel ask that Vincent sit a little closer. A slight grin formed on his face, and he moved to sit closer to him. "A tour of the city via limo? How lovely," he teased as the food was placed down for them.

He ate quietly and quickly, looking over at the Prince from time to time and wiping his mouth once he was done. "The dinner was amazing. I may end up being spoiled by the cooking here by the time I leave," he said. "I don't mind riding in a limo. I'm sure it will be quite the difference compared to riding in the military hummer." He leaned back in his seat, watching as Samuel stood up. His eyes briefly roamed over his body when he asked if he still looked good, smirking a bit. "Still good," he answered before standing up. "I'm ready whenever you are, Your Excellency."

Samuel chuckled at Vincent's words about him being the best at what he do and that no one could touch him. At first, he thought that he was being a little bit arrogant but then heard his tone of voice and realized that it wasn't like that at all. His eyes flickered up towards him again when he stood up as he bit his bottom lip. "Uhmm, I..." He stammered through his words, especially after Vincent said that he still looked good. Samuel was at a lost for words right now and couldn't believe what was racing throughout his mind, his body temperature rising faster as he broke eye contact with Vincent and only stared at the ground. "Uhmm, come on then. Let's go." He waved for Vincent to follow him outside and towards the limo.

Mr. Jeffery opened the door up and Samuel jumped in and scooted over so that Vincent would have some room. "Driver, we are just taking a tour around the town." The driver tipped his hat then gave a thumbs up as he started the engine then the limo started moving at a safe pace. Samuel pressed the button to roll the window up and looked towards Vincent. "So, I guess you are highly qualified at combat since you are my bodyguard. I would love to see some of your moves some day." He said while shrieking like a school girl. "There is when I had my first kiss after seeing a concert and there is where I went to a rave and got drunk off my ass and had to leave town a few days." He laughed while looking back towards Samuel. "Where are you from, Vincent?" He asked curiously.

Samuel awaited his response while telling the driver to go to his most favorite place of all time. "Right on it, Sir." The driver responded while doing everything he can to make sure Samuel gets there. "I would also like to get there in one piece!" Samuel scolded as the driver chuckled while driving a little nicer and slower now and not swerving. Samuel sighed then jumped as he realized that his hand somehow had gotten placed upon Vincent's knee. "Sorry." He said shyly while turning his head away, his cheeks burning up another blush again. "Uhmm, there it is." He said as the limo stopped in it's tracks and Samuel literally crawled over Vincent to get out. He looked out at the distance and seen the falls, which was a high, tall waterfall and a rainbow appeared across it.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He asked. He hoped that Vincent had got out with him and heard his question.

"I feel like a kid again since that the only time I've been here." Samuel said while leaning against the railing, closing his eyes with a smile and just breathing in the good air that was surrounding him. His eyes looked towards Vincent again. "Have you ever seen anything this beautiful?" Samuel asked while turning back towards the scenery at hand then smiling while waiting for Vincent to answer.

Vincent smirked, his eyes locking with Samuel's for a moment or two before he looked away. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at how shy the Prince seemed to be around him now. "What is it?" he asked curiously when Samuel stammered through a few words. "Do I intimidate you, Your Excellency?" he teased, chuckling a bit as he spoke. He nodded and followed Samuel out to the limo, getting inside after him and closing the door. Leaning back in his seat, the knight let out a soft sigh, relaxing as the limo drove away from the palace grounds.

"I suppose I am rather qualified," he said with a nod, grinning a bit as Samuel pretended to fangirl over him. "Well, you wouldn't be the first person who's asked to see them." He smirked and looked out of the window as the Prince pointed out some of the places as they rode by them. "I see. It must be nice to have that kind of time." When Vincent was asked about his hometown, he leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms as he started to speak. "Gothenburg," he answered. "I'm sure you know all about that city." Gothenburg was one of the neighboring cities that was under the King's rule. It was considered one of the poorer cities where crime was an everyday occurrence. The King had sent men in to try and fix things, but in the end, the new goal was to keep the crime from spreading to the capitol. Vincent didn't seem to show any kind of negative emotion when he spoke of the city. It was hard to tell if it was because he simply didn't care, or if he was hiding any true feelings about it.

While Mr. Jeffery began to drive less cautiously, Vincent was able to maintain his composure, but chuckled softly at how the Prince was unable to keep himself from tilting from side to side. He soon felt Samuel's hand resting on his knee, only glancing down at it for a moment before turning his attention to the scenery outside his window. "It's fine," the knight said after he apologized. Once the car came to a stop, he opened the door, shaking his head a bit as Samuel crawled over him to get out. He stepped out soon after, his eyes soon taking in the sight of the waterfall in the distance.

"The view is quite magnificent," the knight said as he walked over to the railing. "It's nice to have a place that makes you feel young again." He stared off into the distance before closing his eyes for a moment, then looked over at Samuel when he asked the question. "Maybe one or two things," he answered with a smirk.

Samuel looked at Vincent then raised a brow. "And what are those things that you find beautiful?" He asked while turning back towards the waterfall scenery and closing his eyes again while leaning over the railing a little bit. "I want to get closer." Samuel spoke through his lips as he started to run off a little bit, climbing on top of the mountain, which lead to the waterfall. Yes, this was extremely dangerous but Samuel wasn't really afraid of anything. He stood only inches away from the waterfall as he hoped that Vincent had followed him, since he is the bodyguard after all. "It's even more beautiful up close." Samuel said while sitting down, patting the spot next to him for Vincent to sit. "So, tell me about your life growing up. I mean since you are going to be my guard for a month, I feel I should know at least a little bit about you." Samuel said while eying Vincent for a moment.

"And to answer your question from earlier..." He stopped for a brief moment, letting Vincent's mind wonder a little bit. "I am not intimidated by you at all." Samuel smirked then shied away again. God, was he attracted to Vincent? He hoped not because he looked like he'll break him in half. His eyes scanned over Vincent's body again while trying not to make his motions obvious. "I love this mountain top." He spoke while rubbing his hand against the rough surface.

[Sorry for the crap post. This is the only and last one.]

(Don't worry about it. I'm not really picky when it comes to post length.)

Vincent grinned a bit at the question, then shook his head. "I'm afraid that's something I must keep to myself, Your Excellency," he said, watching the Prince as he started to lean over the railing, soon climbing his way up. He knew there was really no point in trying to stop him. From the moment they met, the knight could sense how set in his ways he was. Besides, Samuel was an adult. He would know better than anyone what was too dangerous for him. And if anything did happen, Vincent would be there to make sure he was safe. Without giving it much thought, the knight climbed up after him.

It wasn't long before they were both situated near the waterfall, and Vincent took the offered spot next to Samuel. "I must say, the view from here is much more lovely," he said. When Samuel asked about his life growing up, he stayed quiet for a few moments. It was something he never really bothered talking about since people never asked him. Or perhaps deep down, he just didn't want to. "I suppose it was normal," he said, staring off into the distance as he spoke. "Nothing exciting happened, honestly." He kept his answer short and simple, as if that was all he was willing to say.

Running his fingers through his hair, he looked over at Samuel when he said he was intimidated by him. "I was hoping you weren't," he said, chuckling softly. He noticed how the Prince suddenly turned away for a moment, the action making him grin. Samuel was quite the interesting one. Vincent's grin widened a bit when he noticed the pair of eyes scanning over his body, but he didn't say anything of it. "It's a very nice mountaintop," he teased.

Samuel sighed softly to himself as he shook his head then stood up, dusting himself off as he smiled. "I think we should get back to the Palace." His eyes gazed up at the sky as the sun had started to set. "Gosh, everything up here is beautiful." He said while pointing at the sun setting in the distance. Samuel reflected on Vincent's answer about his life in Gothenburg then decided not to ask him more about it since it seemed like he didn't want to really talk about it. He climbed down the mountainside and landed on his feet with a thud and a huff. His eyes looked towards the railing as he walked underneath it and made it to the limo. The driver had opened the door for them and Samuel gave him a soft smile and a thanks as he entered the limo.

He reached for the Champagne bottle and a couple of glasses even the corkscrew. He opened the Champagne and poured it into the glasses then handed Vincent one. "Here's to a wonderful evening, would you say so?" He chuckling while tapping his glass with Vincent's and smiling while take a small sip from his glass. "Bet you didn't know I could be adventrous." He said with a soft smile appearing across his lips then told the driver to take them back home, if it wasn't obvious. Samuel chugged the rest of his Champagne down then poured himself another glass as he filled Vincent's glass up. He laughed a little then placed the bottle back down while clinking his glass against Vincent's again. "You toast to something." Samuel requested after taking a small sip from his glass.

They had reached the palace grounds and Samuel was stumbling everywhere after the last few drinks of Champagne. He laughed while walking up the stairs, almost falling and rolling down them. Samuel briefly clutched himself to Vincent then raised a brow while walking up the stairs with him. Samuel opened the door and fell right in and onto the marble floor. His laughter echoed through the palace and Miss Cassandra came scurrying into the main hall. "What in heaven's sake is going on here?" She asked while seeing that Samuel was a little intoxicated. "How did this happen?" She asked Vincent while walking over towards Samuel, checking him out and making sure he was okay. "Whew! His breath smells like he chugged the whole bottle." Miss Cassandra joked while standing up. "Take him upstairs to his room for me. I'll be up shortly with the remedy medicine." She gave Vincent a tap on the shoulder as she hurried towards the kitchen.

Samuel continued on laughing as he tried to get himself up but failing miserably. His eyes scanned towards Vincent as when he tried to pick himself up, he fell again. He was lucky that his parents wasn't present and seen him in this state of mind - They would flip and punish him for eternity probably. "I'm good. I'm good." He spoke while crawling over to the stairs and even started crawling up them but didn't even make it past the first three stairs before he came tumbling down them.

Vincent nodded and soon rose to his feet, dusting himself off a bit. "We'll have to come here more often," he said as he looked out at the setting sun. It seemed that the knight was enjoying being in the Prince's company. It was a nice change from the everyday training he had to go through. He soon climbed down the mountainside, landing on his feet rather gracefully before following Samuel back to the limo. He thanked the driver as he got into the car, letting out a sigh before watching the Prince grab the champagne bottle and glasses.

"My my, I would have never guessed that Your Excellency was a drinker," the knight teased as he took the glass. "I suppose we all have our little secrets. To a wonderful evening," he said, lightly tapping his glass against Samuel's before taking a sip of his drink. "Drinking champagne in the back of your limo is adventurous?" he asked, grinning a bit. "With all due respect, you have quite a bit to learn." He soon finished off his glass, letting Samuel refill it. He leaned back in his seat, thinking of something to toast to. "Hm...to life," he said, smiling as he drank from his glass. The ride back to the palace was a rather interesting one. Even though Vincent was no lightweight, he stopped drinking after the second glass. Samuel, on the other hand, had what was left in the bottle. He suggested that he put the bottle away, but the Prince continued to reassure him that he would be fine.

Once they arrived back at the palace, Vincent was the first to get out, and just watched as the Prince stumbled about as he climbed out of the car. "If only you had listened," he said, shaking his head a bit. He walked upstairs with Samuel, hands placed on his shoulders to keep him from falling backwards. Vincent chuckled when he held on to him for a moment, soon helping him get inside and releasing his shoulders to close the door. "That wasn't so...bad..." he said, his eyes soon spotting Samuel laying on the floor, laughing. The knight moved to pull the Prince up to his feet, sighing a bit when Cassandra approached them. "He decided to be 'adventurous' by drinking," he said. "He seemed fine in the car, but I suppose that's because he wasn't given the challenge of walking."

After struggling to keep Samuel on his feet, Vincent scooped him up into his arms with ease and made his way upstairs. "You should be thankful your parents aren't here to see you like this," he said. "Any chance you have of getting your 'independence' would be out of the window in a heartbeat." He walked into the Prince's bedroom and carefully laid him down. "Miss Cassandra will be here shortly. Until then, I believe it is best if you stay put."

Samuel couldn't help but laugh then shrieked a little when Vincent picked him up.

"Oh, I'm flying." He said while flapping his arms up and down while laughing. When he felt his body hit his bed, his stopped laughing then turned towards Vincent while sitting up after hearing his words. Samuel reached out and grabbed Vincent's hand before he left then spoke softly. "Don't leave me." His voice was a little shaky as he let go of his hand then turned away from him as he sat down on the edge of his bed, presenting an available spot next to him for Vincent to sit. A soft sigh escaped over his parted lips as he looked towards Vincent. "You don't know what it is like, being a Prince. I thought it was going to be all fun and games but it's nothing but do this, do that and get dressed because we have to be there." He covered his face with both of his hands. "It's so stressful." He commented. "I wish that assassination attempt was successful." Samuel said depressingly while laying down on the bed now.

"Ignore me..." He said with a slow breath. "I'm just venting in a drunk manner." Samuel added while getting off of the bed and started taking off his shirt then unzipped his pants, taking them off in the process. "Oh, sorry. You don't mind, do you?" He asked while shrugging his shoulders and turning back around as he walked into his closet, wondering on what to sleep in. He had endless of choices but needed a second opinion. "Vincent!" He called his name out while waiting for him to enter his walk-in closet. "What do you think? Blue and white or green and black?" His eyes snapped over towards him and hoped that he wasn't uncomfortable with him prancing around in his underwear. He grabbed both of the hangers to show him more clearly as he but his bottom lip.

Samuel threw the hangers down the walked over to Vincent, arms folded over his chest. "You like me, don't you?" He asked with a raised brow. "Well, whether you do or not, I like you." He winked while unfolding his arms and pressing a palm against his chest and pushing him against the nearest wall. Samuel chuckled lightly while kissing Vincent's lips softly. He has been waiting for this moment for a long ass time now. Samuel even reached his hands up to cuffed Vincent's face.

Vincent stared at him for a moment as he felt the Prince grab his hand, asking him not to leave. He nodded softly and sat down beside him, sensing the pain in his voice. The knight knew that drinking could bring a person's true feelings out. It was obvious that something was deeply troubling Samuel beneath the playful exterior. "Don't ever wish that," he muttered. "If you were dead, you would no longer be able to enjoy the things that are close to your heart."

He sighed a bit, running his fingers through his hair. "I understand," he said, watching as the Prince got off the bed. He found himself unable to turn his gaze away as Samuel started to undress right there in front of him. If he was caught blatantly staring, he wouldn't deny it. "I don't mind," Vincent answered, staying seated on the bed while the Prince headed to the closet. He hadn't planned on leaving, not until Samuel had asked him to. Since the Prince seemed like he was preparing for bed, he figured he would be asked to leave shortly. Hearing his name being called from the closet, Vincent stood up and made his way over, smirking a bit when Samuel asked his opinion on which set of sleepwear he should put on.

"I suppose green and black," the knight said. "However, I fail to understand why what you'll wear to bed is important. No one else will see it." He chuckled a bit before raising an eyebrow, wondering why he suddenly threw the hangers down. "Maybe I like you, maybe I don't," Vincent said teasingly, letting himself be pushed up against the wall. He felt the Prince's soft lips pressing against his own, and soon moved his hands down to the other's waist to pull his body against him. Several moments passed before he broke the kiss, looking down at him.

"Miss Cassandra will be here soon," the knight said. "Perhaps you should sober up a bit just to make sure you meant that." His hands slowly wandered to the Prince's backside, squeezing it lightly. "I wouldn't want to take advantage of you in such a drunken state."

Samuel was shocked that the knight, Vincent, had kissed him back even pulled him closer to his body. He moaned lightly when his backside was squeezed lightly and nodded his head when Vincent said that he wouldn't want to take advantage of him. He almost fainted at those words, finding them sweet and caring and didn't really know what to do. Samuel couldn't even look at Vincent at this point as he turned his head and looked down while grabbing the green and black sleepwear. "By the way, it matters because you never know who you might meet in the middle of the night." Samuel chuckled but still not making eye contact with him. He placed his sleepwear upon his body and shifted it to make it look just right on him. "Can you leave, please?" He asked of Vincent, almost having tears fall from his eyes.

He walked over to his room door and waved for Vincent to leave. Whenever Vincent left, Samuel would lean against the door and sigh as he couldn't believe that he had just kissed his bodyguard, who didn't back off at all. Was that weird? He asked himself then shook his head while getting up off of the door and getting underneath the covers and turning onto his side, staring at his window. A knock came across his door, which startled him a little as he hoped it wasn't Vincent and that he had forgot something. "Come in!" His voice called out as Miss Cassandra came bursting through the door. "Child, I should whip your little behind for drinking. What were you thinking?" She asked him. Samuel shrugged his shoulders then sat up in his bed, his back pressing against his seven pillows.

"I'm sorry, Miss Cassandra." He said softly while still thinking about Vincent. He still couldn't believe that Vincent kissed him back but doesn't that mean that Vincent would have feelings for him. She gave him her old sober remedy drink and he took it from her, taking small sips. Samuel never asked what was in her drinks because quite frankly, he never really cared since they always made him feel better. She made sure he finished the drink before tucking him in the bed and getting up. "Sleep tight, little Prince." He smiled then turned back over to his side. Miss Cassandra turned off his lights then left.

He sprung up in his bed and scrambled the covers off of him as he peeked his head out of his room before making small steps towards the railing of the stairs. Samuel saw Miss Cassandra going into her room and knew that she wasn't going to come out till earlier the next day. Samuel walked down the stairs as he went over to Vincent's room and didn't even bother to knock upon the door. He walked right on in and climbed into his bed, underneath the covers. Samuel smiled as he hoped that Vincent wouldn't mind that he just came into his room and bed without permission.

Good thing it was night time because Samuel don't think that he could ever face Vincent again.

Vincent let Samuel go as he turned away to grab the sleepwear, wondering if he said something wrong. The last thing he wanted to was hurt his feelings. He noticed how the Prince couldn't bring himself to look at him. "Of course," he said. Without another word, the knight took his leave, frowning a bit as he made his way to his new room. With a sigh, he closed the door behind him.

"I can't believe that happened," he muttered to himself as he removed his fencing sword from his hip and placed it on the desk. He then started to undo his shirt, tossing it into the clothes hamper before lighting the few candles set up around his room. The knight had requested to have them, saying he preferred candles over lights and that the aromas relaxed him every night. Once they were all lit, he walked over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of silk burgundy pajama pants, soon changing into them. He soon heard a knock on his door, and he walked over to open it. "Do you need anything before I check on Prince Samuel, Lord Rosenkrantz?" Miss Cassandra asked with a smile. "No thank you. It's kind of you to ask, though," Vincent said with a nod. He closed the door after she left, then picked up one of his books from his desk and sat down on the bed, back resting against the headboard.

It was only a few minutes later before he saw his door suddenly open with Samuel making his way into the room. Before he had the chance to say anything, the Prince was already getting settled into the bed. The knight stared at him quietly, wondering what he up to. "You know, you could get us into quite a bit of trouble if anyone decided to stop by the room," he teased. "I don't mind the company, though."

Samuel heard his words then turned in the bed to face Vincent. "Trouble is my middle name. If you haven't learned that by now." He laughed then winked while placing another kiss upon his lips with a little love added this time. Did Samuel really love Vincent after just meeting him? A little bit, yes but he know not to far head over heels for him just yet because he willing be leaving soon. With a sigh, he turned back away from Vincent then grabbed his arm so that they could cuddle. He loved being in his embrace and couldn't help but to melt in his muscular arm. He fidgeted a little bit but settled down and just slept there with no fear at all. It was like being around Vincent actually made him safe, well, it did but he didn't want to tell him that, just yet. "My company is sometimes the best." He said in his sleep while pulling his arm around him again.

After a few or so hours of slumber, a knock came over the door, which caused Samuel to shoot up out of the bed and run into the bathroom. Miss Cassandra cracked the door open to ask if everything was alright and she would wait for Vincent's answer before closing the door. When Samuel heard the click of the door, he came out of the bathroom with a sigh then walked over and sat on Vincent's bed. "I'm so stupid." He said while placing his face in his palm then looked up at Vincent. "I shouldn't have came in here last night." His eyes then peered out in front of him as he got up from the bed then walked over to the door. "Breakfast should be ready shortly..." He opened the door then turned before closing it. "If you want to join us." He finished saying while closing the door and leaning up against it, biting his bottom lip with a smile. "Samuel!" A voice called out, which made him snap out of fantasy land and come back to reality real fast. "What are you doing?" Miss Cassandra asked him. "Uhm, I'm planning my next attack on the knight." He responded then saw her shaking her head and waved for him to come to breakfast.

Samuel nodded his head and headed towards the dining room, where he sat at the end of the table. Miss Cassandra knocked on Vincent's door to let him know that breakfast was ready. "So, what's for breakfast?" Samuel asked Mr. Jeffery. "Why it is your favorite, M'lord. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon and a fruit mix." Mr. Jeffery responded with a firm nod and while placing the plate and bowl down in front of him. He also sat a place for Vincent, who he hoped joined him shortly.

"I had a feeling it was," Vincent said teasingly before returning the kiss, letting his fingers lightly graze Samuel's cheek. He placed his book down and slipped underneath the covers to join the Prince. He chuckled softly as Samuel pulled his arm around him, and he gave him a gentle squeeze, pulling his body closer to him. The knight let his hand gently caress the Prince's stomach while he placed soft kisses along the back of his neck. "I believe your company is always the best," he whispered as he closed his eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep. He had never been intimate with another male since females were normally the ones who would chase after him. It was still rather refreshing, however.

He slept peacefully through the rest of the night and part of the morning, only opening his eyes when he heard the knock at the door. He moved his arm away as Samuel shot up from the bed, grinning a bit and shaking his head. "Good morning, Miss Cassandra," he said, yawning as he sat up. He ran a hand through his long raven hair, moving some of it from in front of his face. "Everything's fine, I just woke up actually." He smiled and watched as she closed the door, then looked over at Samuel as he came out of the bathroom and sat down on the bed. "You're not stupid," he said, leaning in to playfully rest his head on the Prince's shoulder. "I'm glad you stayed with me. I can get quite lonely sometimes." He gave Samuel a quick peck on the cheek before getting out of bed, watching as the Prince got up and walked to the door. "I'll join you soon," he said as he grabbed some clothes from the closet.

Vincent headed to the bathroom, taking a quick shower and drying off before putting on a red silk shirt and a pair of white pants with black boots. He got out and hooked his sword to his hip, then headed to the dining room. He made it just in time, seeing Mr. Jeffery place the food out for them. "Good morning, Mr. Jeffery. I hope you're doing well today," he said, smiling as took his seat at the table. "I hope you had a good night's sleep, Your Excellency," he said, keeping things normal between himself and the Prince. He knew things could go downhill if anyone knew about their secret budding relationship.

Samuel eyes looked up when Vincent had entered the dining then quickly snapped down towards the floor as he couldn't even look him in the eye. When he heard his voice, he blushed and smiled shyly then turned back towards him with no expression placed upon his face. "I did, thanks." He said with a smile then raised a brow. "I thought you would've been gone by now. He said since he had to keep their little night meeting and kiss a secret but couldn't help but to almost melt every time he was around. His eyes lighted up when he reached up and tocuhed Vincent's hand as his smile brightened up as well. "Today, I think I want to show you the garden beyond the maze." He bit his bottom lip then removed his hand from Vincent's as Miss Cassandra walked in.

Samuel cleared his throat while getting up from his chair, nodding towards Miss Cassandra as he headed upstairs to his room. There, he showered and fixed himself up then brushed his teeth. He walked out of his bathroom and dressed himself in his equestrian gear as he grabbed his helmet and held it against his ribcage with his arm. Samuel walked down the stairs and towards Vincent room and opened the door without a care in the world. "I've changed my mind. Let's go horseback riding." He said with squeal then nodded firmly towards him while closing the door behind him. His almost melted against the door but couldn't since Mr. Jeffery was walking by. "Oh, Mr. Jeffery, please inform Mr. Jose to get my stallion ready for riding." He asked politely. "Yes, Sir." Mr. Jeffery responded with a slight bow as he changed his direction and went out the back towards the stables.

Samuel stood by Vincent's door and waited for him to come out.

He wanted to see him in his equestrian wear so bad. Whenever the door to Vincent's room would open, Samuel would turn around with a smile and ask. "Ready to go?"

Vincent nodded and smiled politely when he head that Samuel had a good night's sleep. He was quite certain he did, considering the fact the Prince was cuddled up with him during the night. "Please forgive me if I seem rude, Your Excellency, but it will take more than a handful of ghost stories to scare me away." He smiled and began to eat his meal, taking Samuel's hand and kissing it softly. "I'd like that," he said before turning his attention to Miss Cassandra as if nothing happened. They way they carried on in front of everyone else would leave them with no indication of what was going on between Vincent and Samuel.

Once their meals were finished, Vincent thanked the chefs and smiled, soon heading up to his room. He was just about to sit down before Samuel suddenly walked in. "You seem to enjoy welcoming yourself into my quarters," he teased before nodding softly. "I'll get ready then." He walked over to his closet and the equestrian gear he brought with him. It didn't take him very long to get ready, and he soon opened the door. He glanced around, making sure no one was in sight, then suddenly pulled Samuel into his room and shut the door. Without a word, Vincent pinned the Prince against the wall and kissed him deeply, letting his hands rest on Samuel's hips.

"Come by here tonight, once everyone is asleep," the knight whispered against his lips. "What we do will be entirely up to you..."

Samuel eyes widened as he was pulled by Vincent into his room and pinned against a wall. When Vincent kissed him, he couldn't help but kiss him back but with deep passion as he dropped his helmet then raised his arms up to cling around his neck. He heard Vincent's words then nodded while responding softly. "Okay." He said while fixing himself up then turned back towards him. "Oh, hell, why wait til tonight?" He asked, not really wanting an answer as he kissed Vincent hard, even threw his tongue in there for some action. Samuel raised his hands up and started to unbutton his outfit, basically ripping it open when he had almost all the buttons unbuttoned. His eyes met with his as he took his finger and caressed it against his cheek then pushed away from him. "Whoa. Sorry. Uhmm, I'll meet you at the stables." He said while picking up his helmet and leaving the room, turning around. "Just ask Jeffery where it is." He said, trying to get calm after their little passionate moment.

Samuel nodded towards him then closed his door, leaning against it before sliding down it, biting his lip. He couldn't believe that he was falling for his bodyguard and that the feeling was mutual. He thought that he was dreaming especially when Vincent kissed him back for the first time. Samuel got up off of the floor then went to the stables, almost in dreamland as he hummed songs and danced along the walkway that lead towards the stables. "Hey Jose." He spoke as he made it to the stables. "Hello there. My, you are bright today. Someone special entered into your life?" Jose asked him. Samuel giggled while tapping his arm lightly, shaking his head. "Oh, Jose, you crack me up." His eyes flashed towards Jose, who helped Samuel up on his horse. "Jose? Little grabby hands there, are we? You know I can have you fired for that, right?" Did he just contradict himself? No because he made the move on Vincent the first two times and Vincent is just retaliating on the emotions. Samuel blushed thinking about him as he couldn't wait for the horseback riding with Vincent to begin.

[In my next post, I got the ultimate twist. -Grins.-]

Back
Top Bottom