Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rough Around the Edges (Valkeryiefirestorm x Angel123)

The rest of the night went by slowly for Lana, she got ready for bed and got under the covers but it seemed like hours before she was actually able to fall asleep. Even after she did it was a restless one and after waking up for the fifth time she decided she might as well just start her day early. Quickly she dressed herself, braiding her hair and slipping on her shoes before stepping out of her bedroom door.

Kallen was walking by at the time she opened her door. He stooped and looked at her "can,t sleep?" He asked her. His face was once again covered so that his green eyes where only visible. He stood there his coat tail barley touching the ground.

Lana shook her head as she looked up at him, frowning when she saw he was yet again covering most of his face "What about you?" She asked as she began walking beside him, her hands folded in front of her as they walked. Her eyes on the floor, her body was tired but would not sleep, she sighed and tried to suppress a yawn.

"I barley sleep, if I do it is broken sleep" he said to her "I fell I am vulnerable when I am at sleep you know" he said. he nodded when he saw one of the female servants off the castle. she smiled at him "morning kallen long night?" "barley ariel just quiet a rather uneventful evening which is odd for this place" he said to her .She nodded and saw the princes and curtsied to her "Forgive me Princess I did not see you there next to General Kallen, did you sleep well you highness?"

Lana nodded understandingly then stood quietly as he talked to one of the servants. "Fine, thank you." She replied quietly not exactly liking the way she smiled as Kallen but she brushed it off as her being overly sensitive. "I don't think we've met." Her tone was quite as she smiled gently at the servant, "and how was your night?" She asked politely as she stood next to Kallen, if he was friends with this girl, then she should at least put a bit of effort out to get to know her.

Ariel smiled at lana "pretty boring princess" she looked at kallen "are you going to the pub later kallen?" She asked kallen shook his head 'no' "I have a duty to uphold and to know my future wife" "oh who?" Ariel sounded a bit disappointed. Kallen smiled at ariel " the princess" ariel blinked

Lana frowned as she heard the disappointment in her voice, it most definitely was not her imagination, Ariel was sweet on Kallen. She didn't like the thought of that. Although, she may not be in love with Kallen, she did expect him to be faithful and did like the idea of of a servant flirting with him. "The announcement was made last night, I suspect the word will get around soon." She said awkwardly, "Well, um, I was just heading down to the kitchen for some breakfast, so I'd best be off." She said glancing from Kallen to Ariel, unsure if he would stay and talk or join her.

Kallen nodded to ariel "I best be off as well give my regarfd and well wishes to your mother ariel" ariel nodded "she has been asking about you kallen you are like a son to her" he nodded "ill stop by sometime this wekk to see aunt" ariel nodded and curtseyed at lana before gathering up the cleaning supplies that where on the floor and walked off. Kallen chuckled "sorry about that ariel is well like my adoptive cousin"

Lana nodded thoughtfully, "I think she's a bit sweet on you." She told him with a playful smile and a nudge of the shoulder. "So, have you had breakfast yet?" She asked as she walked slowly next to him, "I was going to see if maybe Marie down in the kitchen would make me a basket of things, so I could eat on the hill near east tower. You can see a very pretty sunrise from there." She explained as she slipped through the kitchen door.

"Yeah I know but I look to her like a sister" he said to her "and no I had not had any breakfast yet would you like me to join you lana?" He asked her as he saw her go to shoulder the door which he tried to beat her by opening the door for her.

Lana laughed and smiled up at him as he pushed the door open before she could attempt it herself. "I would very much enjoy your company, however I am aware you are a busy man, and don't want to take you away from your duties." She replied diplomatically as she grabbed a basket she kept in the corner of the kitchen for times like these.

"I'm sure your father would understand that his future son in law wantinng to get to know his daughter his furtue bride." He said to her "and besdies all I have to do is tell my sergant where I am at if trouble should arise that he can not handle dear lana" he said to her and went over to a large bowel and grabbed two mangos and two pears "would you mind placing these in your basket lana?" He asked her.

Lana nodded and took the fruit from him. "You have a point." She said with a smile as she set the fruit in the basket. Grabbing a loaf of bread and a chunk of cheese, she wrapped them in a soft cloth and added them to the basket. Lana paused for a moment as a thought occurred to her, closing the basket and turning around she looked up at Kallen, "I know you must have quarters here in the castle but do you also own an estate? I don't mean to pry." She added, "I was just curious because I do know that some knights own cottages of sorts that they go to in the months they have free." She explained as she slipped her arm through his so they could be on their way.

"Yes well its more of a 11 room place with a very large master bath and 10 smaller bathroom. With a stable garden and a so called outdoor pool. I let ariels and her mom live there. You see I inherited that place my parents died when I was very young. Ariels mom shelly took me in shelly was my dad sister at the time she was not pregnant with ariel whom came into this world when I was 9" he told lana

"Oh, so she is your cousin!" She said, her voice sounding a bit revealed to learn this new piece of information. "her mom is your dads sister?" She clarified as they pushed through the castle gates and walked down a narrow path leading up to a small hill near the east tower. "What about your mother?" She asked curiously, she steps slowing as the hill steepened.

He nodded "my mother died in my arms when our village was raided when I was 11. I was the only male in the family home my father was at war and my eldest brother we lost to a plague. I picked up sword that day to defend my mother but someone came in from the back and killed her. I ran away that night after I buried my mother under her favorite orchid tree" he told her

Back
Top Bottom