Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Answer to an offer of power

Which power?

• Luck Manipulation

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Shadow Manipulation

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Earth Manipulation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ice/Water Manipulation

• Sonic Voice

• Other

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Vixen_Mistress

Supernova
So I am currently playing a game called 7th sea, and the GM just posed a question to me, and I know what I want the power to be, but I am uncertain of how to word it so I can get something similar to what I want. Here is what the GM asked me, and he is very clever in giving what is asked, but if the request is not given very carefully worded there can be many drawbacks.

"t is... exactly what you say you want. Montegue wanted to travel anywhere instantly. Castille wanted his "firey passion" to burn so brightly it lit up the night. Vodego wanted controle of his own destiny. Isengard wanted his enemy's to fall to dust. Mirago wanted to know the secrets others kept hidden. Ursuranos wanted, well, noone remembers, but it doesn't matter. I won't give you the details till you play, but for the soul of your decedent, I guarantee you'll get exactly what you asked for. All I ask, is that you tell me what you want..."

So I was considering a few different powers, which are the following.

Sonic Voice (Siren, Toreador from Vampire The req, or Hail from Lost girl, for a few examples)
Shadow Manipulation (Somewhat self explanatory, but being able to move through shadows would be nice too or harm people via their shadow)
Earth Manipulation (Ability to control earth; sand, stone, rock, lava, dirt, or other minerals)
Water/Ice Manipulation
Luck Manipulation (Either Helping herself or helping others around her.)

Any ideas on how to word these in order to get across what I want? The character herself has an interesting back story, but I will shorten it a little to give a quick glance of it all. Her mother died giving birth, she was sent to her father who left her once she was about seven or eight, from there she lived with her Aunt, who contracted a disease and died while she tried to reach her father for help, who never showed up. From there she became angry and upset, searching for her father since he never showed up at all for the funeral or any if it, leaving her to take care of everything. She has now set out to hunt down her father, and during a near death experience (to be determined by the GM) she is given a chance for power and plans to take it, and she only has to give up a decedent, which may or may not be her first born child.

Any other powers that you could think of would be nice and appreciated, but I am looking for wording it so I can explain what it is that the character wants.

Shapeshifting. You can change your organs to breath fire like a dragon or to spit poison at your enemies like some snakes, turn your body into diamond to become imune against weapons, turn into a chimera human with gorilla arms and human-cheeta legs or grow a pair of wings to fly. Need a weapon? Turn your arms into blades! I could continue for hours, the possibilities are nearly endless.

That is interesting, and I appreciate the suggestion, the problem is my GM will be creating the sorcery himself so I don't get to say that much detail. But how would you ask for something like that power without going into that much detail, being broad while trying to narrow it down. His example in the quote are of people who have requested power and were very broad in their term of what they wanted, such as the Castille wanting his "fiery passion" now can control fire to an extent, in order to control it, there has to be fire preset for him to use, but from there he can shape it however he likes. Mirago could move through mirrors and even hurt people through their reflections, using the mirrors in many ways.

Well, you can ask you Gm what his/her definition of shapeshifting is or you can chose telekinesis or luminokinesis. The first one is kinda obvious. Telekinesis can be used to lift and use objcts like throwing rocks, waterbending from Avatar or shooting with guns without even holding them like Magneto from one of the X-Men movies (not to forget the use of swords and other weapons without using them). Plus you can levitate and fly when you train it. Oh, not to forget the telekinetical punch/kick or the force field!

Luminokinesis is the telekinetical manipulation of light ( the opposite of umbreakinesis; I'm trying to spread these two words). Blinding enemnies with a flash of light sounds boring? Shoopdawhoop. Lasers. Gather the light that surounds you and use it like a laser beam or like a sword (use the force!). I can give you more ideas/examples if you want.

By the way, are you playing D&D? I did not know that you can get such a power-up in D&D. You should take the luck manipulation so you can manipulate your or your teammates die rolls. D20, D20 everywhere! ...Not really, I just like to exaggerate sometimes.

Luck manipulation is control of probability. Even an amateurs understanding of quantum mechanics reveals it's way stronger then anything else on that list.

Thank you, I figured Luck Manipulation would be what I went with, and as for the question about what it is, it is not D&D, it is a game called 7th Sea.

Luck manipulation is perhaps the most useful superpower. I mean, there's a probability for just about anything and you can enhance or reduce the odds of that outcome.

Other than luck I was figuring maybe also being a jinx for my party as well as enemies. Just for the sheer fun of the possibility.

I like shadow manipulation, mostly because I find mystery sexy and alluring. So having control of shadows, means I can surprise people. :)

If you want sheer overwhelming cheese? Luck.

Granted, I don't know the rules/setting, so I'm not a good person to ask. But, does water extend to blood? If it does, go that. That way, every living enemy always has your weapon of choice for you to use against them :)

Back
Top Bottom