Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Scarlet Assassin {Roses & Pokemasterj}

Her heels clicked on the sidewalk as she made her way towards the front of the line. The bouncer took one look at her before raising the velvet rope and letting her through, much to the irritation of the people waiting in line. She sent a smile in his direction as she entered the club.

She knew that she was attracting a lot of attention from the opposite gender as she strode her way through the crowd of people in a navy blue dress, with a very low cut back, and a large blue diamond hanging around her neck.

She strode to the bar and leaned over the shining table, immediately gaining the bartender's attention. She ordered a Cosmo - only to blend in - and casually sat down on the bar stool, while waiting for her client to come.

(I'll post a pic next time)

Blood Stained Roses said:
Her heels clicked on the sidewalk as she made her way towards the front of the line. The bouncer took one look at her before raising the velvet rope and letting her through, much to the irritation of the people waiting in line. She sent a smile in his direction as she entered the club.

She knew that she was attracting a lot of attention from the opposite gender as she strode her way through the crowd of people in a navy blue dress, with a very low cut back, and a large blue diamond hanging around her neck.

She strode to the bar and leaned over the shining table, immediately gaining the bartender's attention. She ordered a Cosmo - only to blend in - and casually sat down on the bar stool, while waiting for her client to come.

(I'll post a pic next time)

There were always issues as of late, it seemed, for Alex Dinai and his employer- who preferred to remain anonymous even to his subordinates, although there were very few individuals who they could truly be. Not that he cared. So long as the pay was good and the danger was low he could be serving a corrupt dictator for all he cared.

And today, the pay was as good as it could be. It made sense considering the... Sensitive nature of the work, at least. Murder was always expensive, and when you're hiring the best assassin out there it gets to be even more expensive. You were, however, paying for quality. Alex sighed as he stepped into the bar and ignored most of the people there, finding them either too uncouth for his tastes or far too drunk to even consider acknowledging their presence. He was here for one reason only, and it was easy to find who he wanted.

He moved to the bar and sat next to the... Extravagantly, to put it simply, woman, ordering a simple drink- a blue fruity concoction that wasn't too strong. He stayed silent, aware of how out of place he seemed in his attire that suited somebody just getting out of a desk job, until a few minutes had passed. "You don't go for subtle, I take it."

She arched an eyebrow and eyed the man's professional attire and stiff posture. "Here you are." She turned and accepted her drink from the bartender. She took a sip from it, but kept her eyes on her client. It was important to keep eye contact - whether it was a client or a target.

Putting the glass down she replied nonchalantly, "Well, subtle's boring." Her red lips curved into small smile, "Scarlet." She jerked her chin up as an acknowledgement and extended her arm. She laughed mentally at how casual and coy they acted, although they were here to dicuss a man's death. Even though that had become an old joke to her after years of being in her profession, she couldn't stop finding it amusing.

Personally, Alex disliked the woman. He disliked the majority of the people he was forced to work with, those who did the messy wetwork and the necessary violence to pad his bank account. But talking to her was something he needed to do, so talk he did. "Here I am indeed." He turned to face her after a few moments and, with a thinly veiled look of disgust, shook her hand, unsurprised to find her grip firm and unwavering. What assassin would have shaky hands?

"Alex. What of the target do you know from the briefing my agent gave you?" He inquired whilst looking about for a moment, relieved to find the crowd devoid of unfamiliar faces. So far, then, it was going well. Nobody who could recognize him.

Scarlet was taken aback by the man's words, but refrained herself from showing it. How could he talk about the 'deal' in such an open space? She arched an eyebrow and sipped onto her drink while pretending to be thinking. Finishing her alchohol off, she faced the man. "Alex..." She dropped her voice to a sultry whisper and leaned toward him till her lips were next to his ear. "Can we talk in somewhere...private? This place is too open..." She trailed her sentence off and straightened. Looping her manicured fingers through his tie, she didn't even wait for his answer.

She easily pulled him off the bar stool and dragged him to the men's room. A few men glanced at the duo in jealousy while she sent a dangerous smirk at their face. Nobody paid any attention after that. Slamming the door behind them, she locked the door while giving him a careless shove to the floor.

Facing him, the seductive and sexy demeanor she had constructed shattered; leaving the cold-blooded assassin in her place.

Her face was void of any emotions as she looked down at him as if he were her mark.

"Sorry to be rude, but let's cut to the chase here. Your asshole of an agent just gave me a time and place and denied any fucking information about my mark...If you all weren't my sister's pick, I'd have killed you all the first."

Time was something that was very precious to Scarlet. That is why she stood as a proud assassin today: only 26 but over thirty kills. She had other people to kill as well, she couldn't aford to waste a whole night only to listen about a mark's details. She made a mental note to make the man's death excruciatingly slow.

Alex was never one to stick with subtlety. After all, what was the point of wasting his time with discussion and needless banter when you could simply get straight to business? HE rolled his eyes and, unable to reply to Scarlet, followed with ease and avoided bumping into anybody whilst she pulled him along. Obviously, however, Scarlet wasn't one to even waste a second of time. He made no protests and simply let her lead the two, having no presumptions about anything indecent happening. Someone of her nature surely wouldn't do that.

Alex grunted upon hitting the floor and gave the assassin a rather irrate growl, wiping dust off his suit whilst standing up. He'd have to send her part of his cleaning bill also- he was rather proud of it, and it wouldn't do to let it be ruined. His tone was curt and audibly annoyed, not impressed by the transformation of a sultry vixen into a deadly, emotionless killer. "Truly? He was under orders to give you all information. Strange." Obviously he was in a rush, then. Shame about having to kill him, he thought, ignoring the remark about killing him. "Let me think..."

"His name is Adam Denil, part of the Brighter Futures Society. 19 years old- I'm sure you'll have no compunctions on his age- and located in Trina City. I'm sure you know where it is." He smirked, thinking about the rest of the information. "usually holed up in his apartment at 334 Croslane in the southern borough. Light security, but I'm assured that you would have no issues with that. Anything else?" He asked, expression frustrated.

(The pic isn't working)

Scarlet assesed the information and nodded curtly. "Anything else?...Why would you want me to kill him...he sounds rather...clean." She cocked an eyebrow at him.

Scarlet was unlike any assassin in many aspects. She didn't kill anyone without a good reason. If it was something as simple as a heartbreak, jealousy or even rivalry, she would simply avoid the client. If a person was meant to die from her hands, it better be for a good reason. And this guy whom he described sounded clean. She couldn't think of any reason to go kill someone who spends his days in his apartment.

(This should work.)

Ah, of course. Alex had forgotten about her code of ethics. An error on his part, of course, but he was able to correct it quite easily. So long as the reason wasn't trivial, it should work. "Quite simple, actually. He's investing a large amount of money into legislature that will, among other things, bankrupt me." He explained, leaning against the wall as he glanced at the woman.

"I'm not the kind of person who's in the busines of being poor and ruining their families legacy. His death will, hopefully, prevent that." And if not, there were others to kill.

"Money...It's always about the money isn't it?" She clicked her tongue pitifully. Her eyes flickered in sadness for a moment, a memory resurfacing before she pushed it away. "Don't worry, he will die soon. And speaking of money...how much are going to pay?" She let her midnight orbs travel his length. "You make me wonder...Can you even afford me?" She mocked as her feet advanced toward him.

Alex didn't notice the brief emotion that played in her words and danced in her eyes, although even if he had there's no doubt he wouldn't care about it. A brief snort of derision was made at the womans last words, pulling out a small printed off piece of paper, a letter given to him by his employer. "This was the sum I'm allowed to spend on this instance. I'm sure £650,000 is enough to assuage whatever traces of empathy you have, correct?"

She eyed the check skeptically before taking it from his hands and bringing it close to her face. She then verified it with a critical eye and let out a satisfied sigh. The assassin looked up at the arrogant man, her jaw clenching with determination. "When do you want the work to be done?"

Truthfully, Scarlet wanted to go off and do the deed now. It wouldn't let her wallow in the impending sin she was to commit, for nights and days. Anticipating death - for both the victim and the killer - was real murder.

It were the moments of reverie that made her wonder why did she even choose her profession.

For Alex, he wanted it to be done around last Sunday. But, as good an assassin she may be, she couldn't break the laws of time. "Hmm. Sunday evening." So, in two days. He would have an alibi by then- a gala event, nice and public, that he was helping to host. How could he be responsible for Adam's death?

(I'm sorry for being such a dork. I just took part in this stupid exchange program in my college and had to spend my precious free time hanging out with math geeks. Again, I apologize for being a dork.)

She nodded curtly as she soaked in all the information. "Where is he going to be then? I don't prefer public killings." She set him with a stern gaze. Part of her was still a bit hesitant about the time gap, but she swallowed it down thinking of her family. Once, a client of hers had said that she was too 'emotional' for an assassin and cared about her family more. The same client now lay in a hospital bed, propelled into a coma.

Back
Top Bottom