Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two friends (Ryanmo97 and Frogger)

Alida glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. "What are you talking about? You can't force me to come with you..." she told him, though her words were taking on an uncertain edge. Just what was he hiding up his sleeve...? she wondered, taking a bite of chicken, and finding it to her satisfaction.

Ryan didn't say another word about the vacation the rest of the night. They talked about everything else and it was about midnight when he headed home. On Monday he put his plan in action. He called Evan at the restaurant and told him that he was planing on taking Alida on a vacation to the nearby mountains, he asked Evan if he thought he could handle the restaurant for a couple of weeks. Evan said that he could more than manage and promised to call in the event of an emergency.

Ryan then went to Alida's house. He packed her bags and gathered up Typhoon and took him to a very nice dog kennel for the two weeks. Ryan then went to the restaurant, he walked in the back way, walked into the kitchen, walked right up to Alida and grabbed her by the arm, "You are coming with me..."

"Huh?" Alida glanced over her shoulder, red hair spilling out of the ponytail and cascading down around her shoulders. With an irritated huff, she gathered the mane together, pulling it back into a ponytail. "What are you talking about? I still have work to do, Ryan... Don't you see all the customers out there? It's not even close to closing time yet..." There was smears of flour and oil on her cheeks and hands, not to mention a determined look in her eyes. Rich scents were everywhere in the kitchen, capable of making a person hungry just by inhaling. "I'm sorry, but I'm really busy right now... Can I talk to you later?"

Of course, she knew nothing of the preparations he had already made...or of his plans.

Ryan shook his head... "Nope... I told you Friday that if you didn't agree to come on this vacation with me. I was going to 'abduct' you... Now, your bag is packed, I put Typhoon in a kennel, and Evan promised to call in the event of an emergency... Now, say good bye to your staff"... Ryan then started to pull her toward the back door of the restaurant..

Those dark green eyes went wide, both with shock and realization. "You can't be serious... I can't believe this! Evan!" Alida looked to her employee for help, only for the young man to smile and wave goodbye as she was pulled out the back door. Her cheeks puffed out, her glare almost deadly. "I swear... I am going to get you for this..." she grumbled, her words containing a hint of promise to them.

"You say that now," said Ryan, as they walked to the car, "But, in two weeks, you'll be thanking me for this..." They got to the car and he opened the passenger side door for her. Once she was in, he got in and they headed off. The hour drive to the cabin was pretty quiet. It was about 6 PM, when they reached the cabin. It was semi deep in the woods. There weren't many neighbors and it was situated near a very nice lake. It wasn't very big but it was two stories with a porch going around the whole first floor... "Here we are..." said Ryan as he brought his car to a stop and got out...

"Doubtful," Alida grumbled, crossing her arms once she was inside his car. Just because his heart was in the right place didn't mean she had to play nice, or at least, that's the way it was to her. The hour drive to the cabin was pretty quiet. By the time they reached the cabin, it was about six o'clock. "Here we are..." she murmured, climbing out of the car and stretching her arms and legs. A nice breeze sent her red hair about her face, which she tried to tame quickly, though to no avail.

Ryan got the bags out and went up to the front door of the cabin and unlocked it. They headed inside and walked into the living room/dinning room. There was a fireplace on one wall with a big couch and on another was a 42" flat screen TV with another couch in front of it. The floor was all hardwood with some rugs in front of the couches. There was a good sized dinning room set in the dinning room area of the rather large room. "So... I don't know about you but I'm starving... How about steak?"

Alida looked around the living room area, trying to find fault, at least somewhere...but unable to find any. It was really a beautiful cabin. A soft sigh left the young woman, just as she ran a hand through her hair. "I'm not really all that hungry... since my work day isn't usually over until another hour or so from now... but I suppose I can cook you a steak. How much are you willing to pay?" she directed her question at him, just teasing.

Ryan rolled his eyes... "Now it wouldn't be much of a vacation for you if you did all the cooking now would it?" Ryan had been up to the cabin the day before and stocked the cabin with food for the two weeks. Ryan then headed into the kitchen. The kitchen looked very modern. There were oak cabinets all around. There was a large stainless steel refrigerator and a stainless steel double wall oven next to the door that lead to the laundry room and stainless steel dishwasher by the sink. The counter tops were all black marble. Ryan was standing at the island in the center of the kitchen. There was a cook top, a griddle and a grill. There was a bar on the other side of the island with a couple of stools. Ryan started to heat the grill.

"The relaxing kind," Alida threw back at him. Curiously she wandered into the kitchen, where she froze, eyes wide. It was a beautiful, space-efficient kitchen, in her mind...the kind she always loved. "I didn't even know you cooked..." she finally murmured, walking over to the bar and taking a seat on a stool. "Or, rather... I didn't know you could cook without burning the food." Her lips curved into a faint smile, though she still wasn't sure whether or not she should forgive him for the abduction.

"Ha... Ha... Ha..." he said, "I don't hear you complaining when it's my turn to have dinner at my house..." Once the grill was hot he put the steaks on the grill.

Alida rolled her eyes. "Usually, you make ramen. Or something so simple, a child could make it," she pointed out, taking a seat at the bar. "Do you know if we have any wine?"

Ryan got a bottle out from the wine cooler... "Here you are... And just so you know... I've been taking cooking lessons... If you want to help you can make the salad..." Ryan then started to cut up some potatoes.

"Mm, I just might do that...after I make us each a glass of wine." Pouring a generous portion of wine into one glass, Alida offered it to him, and patted his cheek once he accepted it. "Cooking classes, huh? Why is that?" she asked, turning around and opening the fridge. It was easy to find the lettuce, the tomatoes, and the cheese... everything she needed to make a delicious salad.

Back
Top Bottom