Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Using Dice and Math in Forum-Based Role Play

Hello there all! I am currently reaching out and trying to see if there is a simple and convenient way to use the roll of the dice to add a sense of randomness to my role playing here on the Blue Moon forums. I was hoping to get some input from the community on this.

I, personally, think that it sounds like a wonderful idea. For the kind of role playing that I intend to primarily use this account for, using the dice to determine combat situations will definitely add some flavor to the role play and test the writing skills of both me and my writing partners. Does the brave heroine vanquish the tentacle beast that has plagued the small mountain town or will she become another of its victims? Like all great adventure role play, the dice shall decide!

I'd also like some input on how the community feels about character sheets in forum-based role play. I do not intend to utilize full Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder style character sheets with equipment stats, knowledge checks, or any other completely unnecessary and bulky skill systems, but I am thinking that a bare-bones sheet might be fun. The character's base statistics could maybe be used to influence combat rolls and other such things.

Bear in mind that I intend to only use the dice for combat situations and for certain random events. I will not be rolling for simple social interactions or any such thing.

So what do you guys think?​

Back
Top Bottom