Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nightstalker ~ Gypsy Prisoner ~ DarknessEmbraced666

The Judge heard her words and shook his head, walking casually across to the wardrobe and opened it up fully. Inside were clothes that she had worn when arrested. "Should find something you like in here."

Slowly she stood up and moved over to the wardrobe and looked inside, seeing her clothing. "And my jewelry?" she asked him after not seeing any of the bangles, the hair ornament, necklace nor earrings with the clothing. She was more concerned about the jewelry then the clothing and if she didn't get it back, she'd be very upset.

The judge grinned slyly as he moved back across to near the bed, opened the top drawer of the small cabinet taking out two items. From his pocket he took out the rest. "It is all here, I am not here to harm you but protect you from something far more evil out there."

Natayla watched him move to the cabinet and retrieve two items then remove the rest from his pocket. She shifted her arms a bit to make sure one of them covered her chest well enough before holding out her hand. When he told her he wasn't there to harm her but to protect her, she scoffed. "Not harm me? Really?" she asked him while glancing at her chaffed wrists and remembering the night before. "And what's out there that's far more evil?"

Judge Ross Pascoe heard her questioning words, moving back across towards the door and stepping into the hallway he spoke. "We can speak more during and after breakfast."

Natayla frowned slightly at his words before turning from him and looking through the clothing in the wardrobe. Reaching inside, she grabbed her blouse and a long skirt that was inside the wardrobe and quickly changed into it with a sigh, happy to be in less constricting clothing. of her jewelry, she put on her necklace and earrings before following him. As she walked behind him, she tied her hair up with the sheer scarf that had been tied around her waist the day before.

The judge walked casually back towards the kitchen, several of the windows open to allow the cool morning breeze in. Birds could be heard chirping in some of the trees outside as he pulled her seat out before taking his own seat.

Natayla silently followed him to the kitchen and paused to look out the window, gazing up at the singing birds that were in the trees with a sigh before moving over to the seat which he pulled out for her and she sat down, pulling her seat in. She looked down at her hands as she sat there, some of her bangs falling in her eyes.

The judge glanced across at her as she sat there, taking a small bite of his food followed by a few sips of his juice he spoke. "You will be a little happier knowing your friends did not leave. You can spend time with them but please do not leave here or the town."

Natayla looked up sharply when he told her the others did not leave town and she frowned slightly. "Why did they not leave?" she asked. "If they do not leave, they will not earn money. Performing is how we make our living. Whether you think we cheat, swindle and lie to people for their money, it doesn't matter." she said softly, concern shining in her eyes as she looked at him.

The judge listened to her words, his eyes meeting her gaze as he spoke. "Yes I understand your way of life, they stayed to make sure all licences are in tact and will be performing around town."

"They are scheduled to perform in other towns though." she said to him. "And being a gypsy. It's not just a way of life. It's who I am as a person. I was born one and I will die one. Just as my parents had." As she spoke, there was pride in her voice. She leaned back in her chair and watched him, some of her bangs falling in her eyes, shadowing them.

His own eyes studied her as she leaned back, breakfast almost fully forgotten as he took a few sips of his juice. "Yes I know all about your life. The evil is still out there for you and your friends. I can only do so much to help you out."

When he mentioned the evil again, she frowned slightly and shook her head. "You've still not told me what this evil is." she said to him. "What is it?" She reached out and picked up the glass of juice that sat in front of her and took a drink while waiting for his answer. "And why do you want to help me?"

The judge knew she would ask again, moving back slightly in his chair he began. "The evil is everywhere for you and your family of gypsies and other travellers. I am referring to those who just do not like you besides the few that have made it no secret they believe you are all witches and should be burned. Why should I not help those who are similar to one of my parents."

She arched an eyebrow and sighed. "We are used to people not liking us." she said softly. "We've dealt with people disliking us for many, many years. It's never going to change and we don't care if it will. We're happy was we are." At the mention of her people being witches, she smiled slightly. Knowingly and she shrugged slightly with a sigh. "Let them think what they will." However, after hearing that her people were similar to one of his parents, a look of surprise passed over her face. "What?"

The judge listened to her words moving to a standing position taking his plate and washing it off before leaving it to dry. Opening the small cabinet near the fridge he took out the picture of him in his earlier days as a performer, clearly marked as a gypsy. "Yes my father's side more so we were gypsies until I came to this town. I had to change a few things. We all can live with the evil and hate but not when some make it clear they want you dead like I have seen on the posters in a few neighbouring villages of you."

She slowly reached out and took the picture of him and looked at it, her fingers slowly moving across the picture as she listened to him speak. But at his last comment, she looked up quickly and frowned. "Of me? Why of me?" she asked him. "What have I done to be targeted so?" She put down the picture with a sigh and shook her head.

The judge heard her sigh and noticed the shaking of her head. Moving across towards her he lightly reached out to touch her shoulder as he spoke. "For something they believe you have done, I know it is false but can not get them taken down neither can the authorities there so it is safer for you to stay here."

Natayla felt his hand touch her shoulder and she tensed slightly as she listened to him speak. The woman sighed softly and closed her eyes while bowing her head, some of her hair falling in her eyes. "I... I would like to see Clopin." she said softly. "I wish to speak with him." She slowly turned her gaze to the judge, looking up at him from under her bangs.

The Judge heard the sigh and her words before their eyes met, his fingers gently moved from her shoulder to lightly touch her cheek before brushing the hair away from her eyes. "What would I gain from this, you running away again"

"Gain from this? You said I could see them." she said while pulling back from his touch. "Clopin... he's the closest thing that I have to a real family." She lightly touched the ring on her right ringfinger. It had been the only piece of jewelry that the guards hadn't been able to remove from her. She had kept her finger curled into a tight fist and even when they tried to pull it off, it didn't budge so they left it. It wasn't an expensive ring but it was high in sentimental value. It was made of silver and had brother, sister and family engraved in the silver metal.

The judge felt her pull back from his hand, not wanting to push it any further at least for now he sighed a little and moved across to the bench. "Yes you can see them, return here though or else the guards may do it and they will treat you roughly. I don't want that."

Natayla arched an eyebrow and looked back up at him after twisting her ring around her finger a couple of times. "If you're so worried about it, why don't you just have Clopin brought here?" she asked him while sitting back once more and looking up into his eyes. The young woman reached up and adjusted the scarf in her hair so that it held back her bangs again.

The judge's eyes met hers as he studied her face, moving from where he was back to the table he sat down and spoke softly. "No I would prefer it this way, will show more trust on my part."

Back
Top Bottom