Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'll Follow You to Hell and Back [DarkMudkip/Jikkah]

Kiyomi nodded and removed her leaf, handing it to Midori, "Please protect it while I'm away." She said and darted off into the field

Midori held the leaf carefully, wondering what this leaf really was. She tucked it carefully into her shirt, making sure it wouldn't be harmed.

After a while, Kiyomi returned dragging a couple pheasants and vegetables in a basket, "I found the birds in the field...and I found a small farm that gave the vegetables as an offering...I could make you a hot pot, if you wish.."

Midori nodded. "That sounds wonderful.. Arigatou.." She said, carefully taking out the leaf. "So... What's up with this leaf..?"

"Oh...this is a leaf from my Birth Tree..." She answered softly, "Messengers of Inarimyojin-sama are born from a sacred tree near the shrine dedicated to our Lord...we take a leaf and it enables us to use our magic..."

She nodded, "Of course, the only way to destroy my Birth Tree leaf is by throwing it into a flame...but I'm careful..." She explained. She smiled at Midori, "So, you don't have to worry about me leaving you.."

((*~.~. Foreshadowing .~.~*))

Midori nodded, then her checks flushed. "N-Not like I was worried or anything.." She muttered, turning away.

((Never you worry~))

Kiyomi walked close to Midori as they travelled through the snowy mountains. She suddenly perked, "Oh, Midori-sama...! There's a hot spring near by if you wish to clean up...! I know how cold it is and I figure a nice hot soak would do us good, ne?"

"A soak sounds great right now.." She said, rubbing her arms to warm them. "How far?" She had grown to be a bit more trusting of Kiyomi, and not as cold.

Back
Top Bottom