Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'll Follow You to Hell and Back [DarkMudkip/Jikkah]

Midori hit the water hard and gasped, which was a huge mistake since she was submerged in freezing water. She sputtered and tried to kick with her feet, panic surging through her and making her cough and sputter, only taking in more mouthfuls of water, being pushed along with the current. She bumped into something hard and tried to claw onto it, but was pushed down, vision fading just as she felt a hand brush her shoulder.

Kiyomi grabbed the fabric of Midori's robes and pulled her up and out of the water, "Goushujin-sama...!" She gasped, hoisting her up on to the tree

Midori coughed and hacked, trying to get the water out of her lungs, hair plastered to her face and clothes soaking.

Midori coughed a few more times before falling to lay flat on her back, breathing heavily and staring up at the sky. "I'm fine."

She rolled onto her side and slowly got to her feet. "Yeah.. Something to eat sounds great." She muttered. "Which way?"

She nodded and moved along the river bank, wringing the water from her clothes the best that she could.

"Yeah.." She said, reaching the merchant in no time, buying a dark red kosode before heading to the tea house to get food and tea.

Kiyomi adjusted the leaf on her head and her ears and tail disappeared, using her magic to make her lantern disappear as she followed Midori into the tea shop, "Since I saved your life, can I know your name now, Goushujin-sama...?"

After ordering her dango, she looked at Kiyomi. "Midori desu." She said softly, sitting down at a table and waiting for her food.

Midori stiffened slightly at the name, but nodded. "I am." She said quietly, meeting her eyes.

"No." She said coldly, eyes flashing dangerously. When their food arrived, she ate in silence, a frown on her face.

"Suruga Province...a noble by the name of Takeno Satoshi..." She answered, finishing her sake, "Ah~ if only there was some sake...~"

Midori made a noise and finished her dango, setting some yen on the table for the both of them before standing. "That's where we'll be going then." She said, putting her hat back on her head and heading outside to the small out house, changing into her Kosode before heading back out to the road.

Kiyomi followed her, once they were more up the road she let her ears and tail reappear, "It will be a long journey from here to Suruga, Midori-sama...I hope that is acceptable...?"

"It's fine, we'll make camp on the side of the road once night falls and continue in the morning." She said.

Back
Top Bottom