Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guarding Her (Traveler x Angel)

"Yeah, it did," he teased back as he watched her walking to the shower. She was such a hot thing... he could see how someone would become obsessed with her.

Abe called into his office and let them know what had happened so they would send an officer down to take a report. Then he made a couple of meat and cheese sandwiches for them and popped open two bottles of seltzer, which he carried with him up to her room, figuring that she might like a drink about then.

Lana was pulling on a sundress over her head as he walked through the door. Quickly adjusting it she smiled up at him. "I hope one of those are for me because I'm starving." She said with a laugh as she sat back on her bed, patting the space next to her for him to sit down. "So, despite the having my clothes stolen from me, I think so far this has been the most relaxing day I've had in a long time." She told him as she took on of his sandwiches and bit in. "Now I've got to decide between taking a nap and actually doing some work" She told him with a laugh as she playfully bumped him with her shoulder. "What I want to do is take a nap on my swinging bed, but what I should be doing is working on story plots." She said with a sigh as she took a drink

He liked the way the soft colors of the sundress brought out the sunkissed highlights in her hair, and he smiled appreciatively as she took the sandwich from him. He sat down next to her, and bit into his own sandwich.

"Well, it's been a fun day overall, and I liked the excuse to carry you home, so I suppose that goes for me as well." He looked over at her and grinned. "Why don't you take a nap while I look over your plot ideas for you? You know... give you a man's perspective on all this 'romance crap' that I see on the shelves all the time," he laughed. "I mean, you let strangers peer into that sweet mind of yours. Or maybe we could toss ideas back and forth until you fall asleep? Or... I can let you sleep for an hour and then get you up to do some work?"

Lana laughed, "well I liked being carried home." She said as she finished her sandwich. Yawning she reached for her computer, logging in and pulling up the document before handing it to him. " I like the second idea." She said as she leaned against him, resting her head on his shoulder she she could see what he saw. "The first one isn't very good." She confessed as she adjusted her position until she was comfortably snuggled against him. "But I do like the second, I got the idea about a year ago but it's about a young girl engaged to a solider fighting in World War Two. Basically he comes back having been severely injured. But... I haven't come up with much more than that." She spoke through a yawn.

"I suppose the main question would be... do you want them to get together?" Abe put his arm around her as they leaned there, looking at her laptop. "And what was their relationship like before he went to war? Were they engaged? Did they have sex? Were they just friends?" He looked over at her and noted that she looked rather tired. The sandwich probably made her more tired too.

"And... I guess it also depends on what kind of injuries he had. A lot of men who come home broken like that, especially back then, felt like they were more useful to their families dead than alive."

Lana wrapped an arm around his chest, she liked the way his arm felt around her, "Yes, I want them to get together. I think I imagined them growing up in the same neighborhood, dating in high school and getting engaged just before he's drafted." she explained as she relaxed into his side, her body pressing against him and her cheek rested on his chest "I didn't imagine them having sex. I think it would mostly be about her proving to him that she still loved him and needed him. Because... she waited so long for him, worrying about whether he was alive or dead. She's just happy he's home. While I guess going along with what you said, he doesn't think he's worth anything to her now, and who will hire a disabled man? How will be provide for her?" Lana yawned again as she listened to his heart beat, struggling to keep her eyes open with his comforting masculine scent wrapped around her.

Abe continued to talk to her about her ideas, but he could tell that she was drifting off to sleep. So he reached over and smoothed down he hair and smiled, as he allowed her to drift off. He pulled the blanket up and rested his head against hers, but before he fell asleep he set the alarm on his watch for six in case they should sleep too long. They were still waiting for the locksmiths to arrive at seven, and he didn't want to be caught off guard.

He gently pulled her into his arms and closed his eyes, not quite asleep, but resting, as he listened to the soft sound of her sleeping. It was something that he normally didn't didn't get to hear... it was a gift to be here, to hear her... to hold her. He tried to memorize every thing he was experiencing at the moment, convinced that one day he'd have to pull on these memories to get through a difficult time.

Lana slept peacefully in this arms, pressed against his chest. After a few hours of rest, she gradually began to wake up and her eyes fluttered open. A look of confusion passed briefly over her face as remembered how she had fallen asleep. Smiling softly she gently pulled slightly away from him and looked up at his sleeping face. He looked so peaceful and worry free when he was asleep. She smiled and reached up gently brushing her hand against his cheek. He was a very handsome man, she thought as she eyes freely examined his face without having to worry about being caught. She wanted to touch his face smooth out the little creases that had formed on his forehead from worrying too much and kiss the little wrinkles near his eyes. But this she knew she couldn't do, not without being caught.

Abe hummed softly in his sleep, moving closer to Lana and tightening his arm around her waist. He drew in a deep breath an let it out as he lingered on the cusp of sleep. He could feel her finger tips on his cheek and he didn't want that feeling to end. The pull of responsibility tugged him out of his dreams, though, and his eyes fluttered open to look up at Lana.

"Hey," he said, smiling softly. "I guess I feel asleep on the job." His smile widened. "Don't tell my boss... she's a real slave-driver."

His hand moved slowly along the lines of her back, smoothing her blouse down against the perfection of her skin. "What time is it?"

"Shut up!" she replied as she laughed, "I'm a great boss." Lana told him as she slipped her arms around his neck, her hands smoothing down his hair. "The time? I don't know." She said as she looked around for her phone, but rolled her eyes as she remembered she had left it in the pocket of her pants, which had been stolen. Instead her eyes fell on his phone which rested on the edge of the bed just behind his back. Pressing against him she reached out and grabbed it. "It is... 5:35" She stated, before a cheeky smile made its way over her lips, telling him she was up to something. Biting her lip, she slipped her arm, phone in hand, behind his back and down to his ass where she slipped her hand in to the back pocket of his jeans, depositing his phone.

He chuckled as she told him to shut up. Then she picked up his phone and looked at the time, and though Abe was usually very odd about not wanting people to touch his things, he found that he didn't mind it when Lana did it. She grinned at him and then slipped his phone into his pocket, causing him to raise his eyebrows at her and clear his throat.

"You're a cheeky sort, aren't you?" He smiled and looked at her, trying to figure out how much of this was just fun and games for her, and how much she truly felt for him. "We have a bit of time before the locksmith gets here... is there anything you need to get done beforehand? Or... want to do?"

Lana laughed and kissed his cheek, "Only with people I trust." She told him as she kissed his cheek. Lana raised an eyebrow, was he implying something? She wondered as she pulled a bit away from him. As much as she flirted with him, she wasn't sure if she was mentally ready to go very far with anyone. If anything was to happen between them, it was going to have to happen in baby steps, but with it just being an act for him, Lana didn't think they would make it very far. "Not that I can think of... but um... do you know the locksmith?" She asked nervously, "I don't know if I just being paranoid but... I mean what if my stalker knows the locksmith or is the locksmith." Lana looked anxiously up at him, "Not that I don't trust you or you judgement." She quickly added, "I just want to be control of who's in my house, or at least who has a key to get in." She sounded slightly frustrated.

Abe smiled at her questions. "You're not being paranoid. You're finally thinking like someone who is security minded. It's good." He rolled off the bed and stood up next to her. He forgot how tiny she was, but as he stood next to her he was reminded of both how small she was in general and how vulnerable she was in this world. He had to remind himself that this was just a job. She was a nice girl, but once this was over she would go back to her life and forget about him... and he would be assigned another job, and then another, until they were both small bits of memories to each other that didn't have any bearing on their 'real' lives.

"I should do a perimeter check, but you're right. I don't know the locksmith. I can call headquarters and have them tell me who they sent, and we'll verify once the men get here. Come on... Why don't you walk with me while we look around and make sure that everything is alright?"

Back
Top Bottom