Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess (MysticSparxman x Misalavan)

Hearing his question made her blush. "No... I don't... I never have" She answered him. She felt silly and a little stupid for having to say such a thing. Though she turned back toward him and couldn't help but feel scared. It was too dark, and no sound could be heard but the pair of them. She wished now that she had woken him up. She called for him, and swallowed hard when asked what was wrong. Once again she felt her feeling silly. "I just... I'm scared... I'm sorry..." She said she felt tears poking at her eyes. "Please... will you come here... I don't know where I am" She wasn't sure to being outside after dark, let alone being 'by herself' . Her hands were shaking as she listened tot eh sound around her, though there was nothing for her to hear.

He tilted his head to the side slightly as she had responded to his question. He chose not to think too much into it, but after rising to his feet, he slowly started to move in the direction of her voice. As she spoke out to him again, he could hear how scared she sounded. Alexander soon nodded his head as she had asked him to come to her, but then he realized she wouldn’t have been able to see him nodding his head. ”Don’t be scared Maylee….I am coming to you. Just stay where you are, but keep calling out to me. Let me use your voice to find you okay.” He spoke in a reassuring tone as he had said this to her. Alexander continued moving slowly towards her. He still couldn’t quite see her, which was why he was moving slowly towards her. He didn’t want to move in the wrong direction. He didn’t want to move away from her. ”Keep talking to me Maylee, keep talking to me.” He said as he continued trying to move towards her.

Maylee had never felt so stupid in her life. She just couldn't believe how silly she was being. "I... I'm sorry" She said lightly. She reached out with her hands int he way she knew she had come from. "I... I'm sure you rather be doing anything other then baby sitting a silly princess" she let out a soft laugh. She took a step forward as her green eyes looked for any sign if Alexander. "I ... I want to go home Alexander..." Tears burned her eyes. She felt like a broken record, always repeating herself, crying over everything. "I .. I don't know how to do any of the things your going to need me to do." the world around them slept, the only sound from the crickets who played the night song. She wanted nothing more to be at home in her warm bed, safe. It wasn't that she didn't trust Alexander to keep her safe, she just didn't know how to do anything like this. "Can I call you Alex?" The question seemed silly, even to her own ears.

Alexander shook his head as he heard Maylee apologizing to him. He didn't really think that she had anything to apologize for. "It's okay Maylee. You don't have anything to apologize for." He continued walking towards her voice as he had said this to her. Alexander didn't really know how far away she was from him, but he did think that he was getting closer to her. He took a few more steps forward and laughed a little at what she had said. "Oh, don't be silly Maylee. I don't think you are a silly little princess. Besides, I have to protect you until I can get you to my kingdom." He took a few more steps forward and as he did, he thought he was able to see the outline of a figure not too far from where he was. "I-I....know you want to go home....and I really wish I could let you. If it were up to me, then I would let you go home." His tone was soft as he had said this to her, and as he walked forwards some more, he soon came to realize that it was Maylee he had seen. "It's okay Maylee....you can learn to do all of these things, and I can teach you some of the things you need to do." He continued walking towards her, finally coming into her sight. He smiled a little bit as he walked up to her. "You can call me Alex if you would like to Maylee. I really don't mind....but umm.....do you still need to use....the rest room?"

Maylee felt so silly for being scared. She did her best and spoke to him. She held out her hands and took a step toward him when he spoke. Though she made no other moves. Soon he came into sight and she couldn't help but rush toward him. Her arms snaked around his middle and she stood close to him. A blushed washed over her cheeks when he questioned her. She shook her head and stepped away from him. "No... I just ..." She looked down toward he blue dress. At that moment the wind picked up, sending her blue dress whipping around her legs while her hair went flying. Taking a step toward Alex whens he shivered from the cold.

Alex was a little surprised when Maylee had rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around his middle. He smiled softly as he wrapped his arms around her too. He held her close to him for a moment before she pulled away. As the wind picked up and she stepped towards him once more, he again stepped towards her and then he placed an arm around her shoulder and pulled her into him as he saw her shiver. "Maylee...it's okay if you're not used to....umm....well...using the rest room out here. I'm not going to look if you still need to go." He said softly to her.

The wind picked up and she couldn't help but shiver at the cool air. She smiled softly at him when he pulled her close once more, to keep her warm. She blushed at his words and gave a small nod. "Thank you." With a weak smile she stepped away, she only took a few steps and waited for him to turn around. It took only moments for her to use the restroom before she walked back over to him. She smiled as she placed her fingers gently on his back. The feeling sent a tingling through her finger tips and it made her blush. Maylee moved back toward were they had been laying, though she walked beside him. "Alex.... tell me about your parents... you asked me if I had known them?"

Alexander had turned around as soon as Maylee had stepped away from him to go and use the rest room. He had his arms folded across his chest and he remained with his back to her right up until the time in which he felt her lightly tapping him on his back. It was only when she did this that he finally turned around, and as he did, he saw her heading back over to where they had been sleeping. Alexander walked back over there with her, and when he got there, he sat back down on the ground just beside his coat. Alex waited for her to sit down on his coat, and when she had done, he pulled the blanket back up and over them again. As soon as he had pulled the blanket back up and over them, he slipped his arm around her shoulder again. "My parents are Jacob and Kirsten Thomas." He spoke softly as he had said this to her. "They are not royalty or anything like that, but they did like to travel from kingdom to kingdom to help people who were worse off than they were. They would give people things like food and clothes whenever they could. It was all when I was a baby, but as I got older, they just wanted to find a kingdom to settle down in. Unfortunately, they chose to settle in my kingdom. I was around seven when my parents brought me to my kingdom." His tone remained soft as he held her close to him.

Maylee watched as he sat on the ground, leaving the coat for her. She sat slowly and smiled as he covered her up. His body felt warm against her when he wrapped her arm around her. She moved closer, turning slightly and she pressed her face into his shirt. She listened as he spoke and couldn't help but smile. "You parents sound like very nice people" Her green eyes looked up at him. She could make out the curves of his face as she did so. She hadn't missed how he spoke of the kingdom. "You don't like your kingdom.... where are your parents?" She asked softly. There was something deep down inside her that worried of the answer she would be given.
Thinking back to all they had spoke of she couldn't help but worry about what waited for her. Even Alex had spoke of how mean his king could be. She couldn't help what she said next, she could only hope he didn't get mad at her. "Take me home, Alex. Please... you can come with me. I'll tell my father how you helped me, brought me back. You can stay, I know my father will let you. You don't have to take me, you don't have to go back... Please Alex" She spoke truthfully. She would tell her father what ever she had to to save Alex. He was only being loyal to his king, but she knew he could be loyal to her king. He could be loyal to her and he would never have to worry. "You can marry in my kingdom... you wont have to live alone" She offered.

Alexander smiled and nodded his head as Maylee had commented on how nice his parents sounded. He felt her pressing her face into his shirt, but said nothing about it because he didn't have a problem with it. "Yeah, my parents are nice people. They told me that they did go to your kingdom when I was around a year old, so it would make sense if you don't know or remember them." There was a small smile on his face, but that disappeared at her next question. Sighing softly to himself, he looked down at her and shook his head. "It's not that I don't like my kingdom. My kingdom is a beautiful place....I just don't like the way it is being ruled, but I am nothing but a lowly knight, so there is nothing I can do, and my parents....." He trailed off for a moment. "My parents....have been imprisoned by my king. He imprisoned them for doing what they had always done. He imprisoned them because they were helping the people of my kingdom with food and clothes. After he imprisoned them, I was told that he took me and trained me up to be one of his knights." He said to her.

Alex turned his attention back to her as she had asked him to take her home. He shook his head at what she had said to him. "I want to take you home so badly Maylee....but your father would never allow me to stay in your kingdom. I kidnapped you, and he is going to want my life for taking you from him." He shook his head one more time. "I-I have no choice Maylee....I have no choice but to take you back to my kingdom. I might be loyal to my king....but it's only because he threatens the lives of my parents if I disobey him. I wish I could take you back, I really do. If my parents weren't imprisoned, then I probably never would have taken you in the first place." His tone was soft and there was the smallest hint of sadness in his tone too. "Maylee....being alone is all I have ever known since I became a knight. I don't know if I would know how to live differently."

Maylee was cuddled close to the knight, though she knew it was wrong. If her father or any of their knights found her they would kill Alex before she could speak. However she didn't care, he was warm and he felt saft. Deep down she trusted him to truly take care of her, no matter how stupid it was. She asked of his kingdom, and parents and listened to his words. When h e spoke of his parents she couldn't help but feel bad, she wished there was something she could do with him. It was a moment before she spoke again, asking to go home offering him safety is he took her home.
Tears filled her eyes as he spoke, she could hear the sadness in his voice, but it nothing to easy her own pain. She pulled away from him and fought back the tears. "He would... I would explain to him, he would understand" She snapped. She felt like a spoiled brat, but she just wanted to go home. "You have a choice, you could take me home, we could explain to my father. My father is a very understanding king, he is good to his people. He would never said a knight to kidnap a little girl. He would help you." she laid down, and turned with her back toward even as she shivered in the cold she now felt. With out his warmth there she couldn't help but shake. "Your parents are good people, I think they rather see you save me from the hands of a Monster of a king then see their son turn into a monster as well. " She knew she shouldn't say such things but she just couldn't help it.

As he had cuddled up with her, Alex couldn't stop himself from feeling bad for the young princess. Of course he knew that she wanted to go home, and he just wished that there was something he could do that would allow her to go home, but there wasn't anything he could do. Well, he didn't feel as if there was anyway. It was just like he had told her. If it were up to him and his parents were free, then he probably would have let her go, but he didn't want to be the cause for what could possibly be his parents deaths.

He quickly looked down at her as she had pulled away from him, and because of how dark it was, he couldn't really make out the tears in her eyes. "I know your father would probably understand, but you need to understand that my king won't understand in the way your father would." He pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his knees. Alex rested his chin on his knees, but glanced down at Maylee as she had rolled over and turned on her side with her back to him. Alex could see her shaking a little and he shook his head. He moved out from underneath the blanket and wrapped the blanket around her so she would warm up some more. After doing so, he went back to resting his chin on his knees with his arms around his knees. "Even if I were to take you back to your father, there is nothing he could do to help my parents. There is nothing he could do to get them out of prison." He said, sounding a little more upset than before. Her last comment did shock him though. His eyes drifted over to her and he remained silent for a long while. "I'm no.....monster. I just do.....what I have to. I may not like what my king asks me to do.....but it keeps my parents alive....and that's all that matters to me. I wouldn't expect you to understand." His tone remained soft and low as he rose to his feet and took a few steps away from where they were sleeping. He stopped and just gazed up at the night sky for a moment.

Maylee just couldn't understand why he couldn't see that her father could help. She laid with her back toward him, shaking at the coldness she felt. She knew she shouldn't have said what she had, but it was to late now. His soft tone shocked her, after what she had just said she had expected him to yell at her. She heard him move away and it was all she needed. The tears slid down her face as she cried softly. She curled into herself, trying to stay warm. Her body shook more with her added crying to the coldness. She didn't say anything else, she had nothing else she could say to him. Simply laying there she cried herself to sleep, even in her sleep she didn't feel rest. Cold and hurt her sleep was filled with turning and soft cries. She called for her father help, even calling for Alex at one point. Her dreams filled with the horror she could be facing once they reached his kingdom. It was clear she would be dead on her feet come morning.

Alex remained standing where he was for nearly twenty minutes, but he would look back over his shoulder at Maylee as she had curled up into herself and fallen asleep. It was around thirty minutes after she had fallen asleep that he finally moved. Alex turned back on his heel and walked back over to where Maylee was sleeping. Being as careful as he possibly could not to wake her, Alex returned to his position beside her and lowered himself to the ground. He pulled back the blanket and got underneath the blanket. Alex turned on his side and moved closer to Maylee. As he moved closer to her, he slipped an arm around her waist and gently pressed his body up against hers. Alex pulled the blanket up and over their shoulders and then he ever so gently pulled her into him a little. After doing so, he closed his eyes and attempted to fall asleep. Alex could see that Maylee was in a somewhat restless sleep, so he moved his other hand that wasn't wrapped around her waist and he started to gently slide his fingers through her hair. It was always something his mother had done to help settle him down when he had been younger, so for a moment, it just made him think that it could help her too. Whether it would, he didn't really know, but he saw no harm in trying.

Maylee didn't know when Alex joined her, but she felt his warmth washed over her. Her body slowed with her shaking as he pulled her close. She didn't fight him, though her dream had her restless. Laying there she felt his fingers run through her hair. The feeling brought a sigh from her lips. She had never had anyone do such a thing, but it helped her relax. Her body laid against his as she feel into a restful sleep this time.
She blinked her eyes opened as the sun washed over the trees. She moaned and rolled over, her face pressed into Alex's chest as she did her best to go back to sleep. She tried not to think about the fact she was in his arms, or that he wouldn't take her home. She wouldn't ask him any more, she had promised herself last night. Promised that no matter what she would simply do as he said, let him save his parents. She couldn't risk his parents life, not even if it would save her from pain.

Even though Alex had managed to fall asleep that night, it wasn't the best night's sleep he had ever had. It was actually rather restless for a number of reasons. Firstly, he had some nightmares about what could happen to his parents if he didn't take Maylee back to his king. That wasn't the end of his nightmares though. As soon as the nightmares about his parents had ended, he started having nightmares about what could possibly happen to Maylee after he had taken her to his king.

Since he hadn't fallen into such a deep sleep that night, it didn't take much for him to wake up when the sun shone over the pair of them. Alex opened his eyes slowly and after doing so, he yawned and rubbed his eyes a few times. Still, he didn't move as Maylee had turned to face him and pressed her face into his chest. He couldn't help but feel bad about what he was having to put her through, and he only wished that there was something he could do to help her. As she continued to sleep in his arms, Alex started to think that maybe he could delay taking her to his kingdom. Maybe he could just try and take the longest possible route to his kingdom.

Maylee only slept for a few more minutes. Her body was stiff from the hard ground and how she had fallen asleep. She didn't move though, simply laid there with Alex. Another few minutes passed before she made a move, pulling back she looked shyly toward his face. Seeing he was awake she fully pulled away him, sitting up as she did. She took her time looking around the clearing. She needed a drink and her stomach growled. However she didn't say anything. she thought it be best if she just kept her mouth shut for a while. Her green eyes moved around and until they stopped on Alex. She sent him a soft smile, hoping he wasn't to mad at her for the night before.

Alex sat up as soon as Maylee had woken up and moved away from him. As she had sat up, he started to look around the area, and now that it was light, he was able to see so much more. After studying the area for a few moments, he turned his attention back to Maylee and smiled softly. ”Hey Maylee, I hope you slept okay last night. I know it couldn’t have been easy sleeping on such a hard surface, but maybe we might be fortunate enough to find ourselves a little motel or something tonight.” He shrugged his shoulders a little bit before he rose to his feet. Once he was on his feet, he looked back down at her again. ”Now, why don’t we get you something to eat and drink. I think I should have something in my pack that you can have.” He said, and then he turned and walked over to the horse that was still tied up. Once he reached the horse, he started searching through the pack for some water and something to eat for her.

The pair both sat up, Green orbs turned back to Alex when he spoke. She didn't say anything simply nodded in agreement. She watched him stand before going to the horse to find some food and something to drink. Slowly she stood her self, brushing off the back of her dress as she did so. She walked toward him, reaching out to brush her hand along the horses neck. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened to her own horse. She had had the mare for her whole life, she had been a gift from her father.

Alex started searching through his pack as Maylee had gotten up and approached the horse. As she stood beside him, stroking the horse's back. He looked back to her with a small smile on his face as he rooted through his pack. Alex knew he was going to have something in there, mainly because he had been given quite a lot of things because everyone knew that his journey back was likely to be a long one. "So...uhh...it's a nice day today huh?" He asked her as he tried to make conversation with her. Eventually, after rooting through his pack for a little while longer, he was finally able to pull out a bottle of water and some food they could have for breakfast. He turned to her and handed her the bottle of water and some of the food he had pulled out of his pack. "There you go Maylee."

Maylee looked over at Alex when he spoke. She nodded, "It is". She turned toward him as he held out food and water. She happily took the items with a smile. "Thank you." She headed back toward his coat. "I'm sorry about what I said last night." She said lightly before looking back at him. She took a seat and started to pick at the food. once again she took small bites and only ate half of the food.

Alex was glad when Maylee finally spoke to him. For a moment, he had thought that she wasn’t going to talk to him at all, but he genuinely was glad when she did speak to him. Alex followed after her as she headed back to his coat. He sat down beside her and pulled his knees up to his chest as she had started to pick at the food he had given her. It didn’t really bother him that he didn’t eat right away. He had no problem waiting for something to eat. He turned to look at her and just shook his head as she apologized to him. ”Oh, it’s okay Maylee. You don’t have to apologize for what you said last night. You were upset, and in all honesty, I really don’t blame you for saying what you did last night. You were only expressing the way you felt last night.” He spoke softly before he gently placed his hand on her shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze. ”Look….even though I cannot take you home, I will tell you what I will do.” He took a deep breath before speaking again. ”I will take the longest possible route back to my kingdom. That way, we will not get there for at least a few weeks. It could even take a few months, but anyway, I am going to try my best to find us some sheltered accommodation for tonight, and at some point, maybe we can even get you a horse of your own.” He said, smiling softly.

Maylee picked at the food only eating half. She looked over when Alex spoke, shock clear on her face. He was going to drag out their trip... the longer they were on the road the more likely they be found. She smiled and couldn't help it as she threw herself forward, hugging him tightly. "Thank you" She said lightly. She pulled back and blushed deeply. She looked down at her lap and picked up the food he had offered her, offering it back to him. She was excited, and truth be told she wasn't sure why. "Do you think we can see some other kingdoms?" She asked him lightly. She also knew if he planed to have her riding all over the kingdom, he should get her out of her silky dress.

Alex could see the shocked expression on Maylee's face as he told her of his plan to drag out their journey for as long as he possibly could. The hug that followed also took him by surprise, but he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back. As she pulled away, he looked back to her with a warm smile on his face. "You have nothing to thank me for Maylee. It really is the least I can do if I can't take you back home, and you never know, maybe your people will catch up to us along the way. You will be able to go home and you will never have to come to my kingdom." He said in a surprisingly honest tone. He looked down at the food she had offered him and took it with a smile. Alex started picking at the food as he thought over her question. He ate a little more of the food before nodding his head. "Of course we can visit other kingdoms. I have no doubt that we are going to pass through other kingdoms along the way, so I see no problem in stopping in some of these kingdoms for a few hours, maybe even a few days. I think it would be a good idea too, as it would give us a chance to pick up some supplies. We are going to have to get you some new clothes too. We won't get rid of your silky blue dress, so don't worry about that. Hopefully we should be able to find a city along the way today. Somewhere we can stay tonight."

Maylee could only smile. While Alex played it off as no big deal, she knew it was. If his King found out he could be beaten or worse killed. she offered him the food back and asked if they could see the other kingdoms. Her smiled grew and even in the dark moment of being kidnapped she found herself happy. She did little more then sit there, waiting for him to be ready to leave. After all with out him there was very little she could do.

Back
Top Bottom