Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quae Questum Orbitae (World of the Elements)

Welcome back, Asphodel! You were attacked by a small group of thieves on your way to the coast.

One of them holds a longsword, two have bows, one looks like a sorcerer and the leader is standing behind all of them to tell his henchmen how to attack you. Two arrows are on their way towards your legs though the air.

You decided to stay and fight, do you have a strategy to defeat them?

Talk with her.

"I apologize for bothering you and intend no offense. I was wondering if you might give me some insight into the nature of this place."

Name: Samuel Wolf

Appearance: 6'6" wild long reddish brown hair down to the middle of my back with Amber yellow hawk eyes able to see long distances and with great accuracy, a strong jaw line and slightly angular face with lightly tanned skin. My arms are normal looking except for my nails they can extend to look like hawk claws my face hase a few scars from past battles as does the rest of my body my chest is wide and toned along with the rest of my body I have black Raven wings on my back and a tail like that of a demon just small and black as my wings but powerfull. My ears are that of an elf pointed and very sensitive to sound. My teeth are normal except for my canines there enlarged and very sharp like blades and are used when needed my legs are human looking like my arms and chest but claws can grow from my toe nails as well.

Element/s: fire, darkness, and earth

Jobs: assassin, self-scientist( while I do study science and can operate on others I mainly stick to experimenting on my own body and enhancing it when I can mainly through gene spliceing)

Class: blood manipulator, shapeshifter

Ok, lets see...you start with a magical bag of holding, a water bottle of the eternal spring, food rations for a whole week, light clothes of your choosing and a basic medikit. Weak pyrokinesis, darkvision, blood hardening, blending into shadows, silent movements and self-improvement are the first abilities you have.

You can chose between magic or a special extra since you had to wait so long to start. Magic will give you three spells while the other choice gives you a little surprise. By the way, do you like riddles or prefer adventures with lots of fights?

--------------------------------------------------------

Asphodel, you manage to dodge the arrows and kill two of the bandits while the others got protected by a magical barrier. The blue fireballs explode when they hit the swordman and one of the archers who burst into thousand shards of ice. The other bandit with the bow looks inside his quiver for a few seconds only to shoot an enchanted arrow followed by another one engulfed in flames at you. The mage is chanting some words and prepares another spell to protect his comrades while the leader is still standing there and instructing his underlings.

The mimic is confused for a moment that an adventurer is talking to her instead of trying to kill her. "I only know that this place is like a labyrinth. Oh, be careful when you get to the last room. And make sure to explore everything before you advance. There are some ways that get blocked after somebody walks through the entrance." She looks at you for a minute if you want something else from her and then closes the treasure chest which is her home to continue sleeping.

I'll take the surprise for $500 please and I love both riddles and Fierce battles, I love challenges of all kinds throw what you got at me

The smoke bomb surprises the remaining bandits which gives you a chance to run away. Do you want to hide to rethink your strategy or flee from the encounter? Defeating them all gives you a bigger reward.

"Throw what you got at me" You'll regret those words sooner or later... http://giphy.com/gifs/smile-reactiongifs-B5AVgxf0OzlyE

The surprise is inside three small orbs. The first one gives you telekinesis, the second a lesser elemental dragon who can be summoned ny you at any time (same elements as yours) and a blood elemental (it's a special type of summonable creature, looks like a red slime but it's made out of blood).

You wake up in a room filled with statues of all kinds of creatures like a centaur, minotaur, dragon, phoenix, balrog, beholder and so on. The medusa is missing her head while the hydra has no body. All statues look like they are missing something except for three which are in front of a door. The marilith, a two-headed sphinx and chimera (it has the body of a dragon, the head of a demon, wings of two angels, a snake as a tail and three eyes). Which door do you want to go through?

You have enough time to hide behind a tree or a rock and rethink your strategy before they go look for you to take revenge. By the way, any form of kinesis like telekinesis doesn't consume any mana or so little that your mana regeneration can keep up with it.

Upon seeing the room I would like to go around and examin all the statues and see what parts are missing and see if the statues have anythin in common besides being mythical creatures.

(I don't think I'll regret it, sounds like too much fun)

There are countles statues of all creatures and monsters that you can imagine in this huge hall-like room. The medusa is missing her head, the hydra has no body, the mintaur is hornless, the beholder has no eyes (except for the big one), the phoenix is missing a wing, both mermaid and siren have no tail and so on. I won't list any creatures that are made by me, by the way ;) There is an owlbear with no beak, only the lower half of an eldritch horror, the tentacles of a kraken, a gigantic mantis that looks like it could break into thousands of pieces any moment and many more monsters. Most of them have no head, wings, tails or are missing another body part like their teeth, eyes, hands or tongue. Some others have no body and look like the rest of them got fused together by magic. Only three of all these statues are intact: the marilith, a two-headed sphinx and a chimera. And behind each of them is a door which you can't open without facing one of the three guardians.

(You will sooner or later...)

There is a strange glow coming out of the earth where you are standing. It envelopes you like a cozy blanket at a cold winter day. You touched a rare summon crystal which allows you to summon your creatures three times per day. A landshark appears right next to you in the air before it dives into the ground like it is water. What will you do now?

Revnarh said:
There is a strange glow coming out of the earth where you are standing. It envelopes you like a cozy blanket at a cold winter day. You touched a rare summon crystal which allows you to summon your creatures three times per day. A landshark appears right next to you in the air before it dives into the ground like it is water. What will you do now?

Command the landshark to attack the bandits. Surely they deserve it after attacking me with arrows in the first place.

Summoning my two creatures I send the blood elemental twords the Chimera to see if it has any effect

Taking the mimic's advice to heart he goes about searching the room he is in throughly in order to identify anything else of interest.

The landshark manages to kill two more members of the group of bandits. The rest sacrifices themselves to defeat your unknown creature. Only the leader of the bandits is still alive.

Attacking the statue of the chimera might have been a bad idea, but instead of you your blood elemental gets burned to ash. The stone guardian comes to live and breathes a load of dragon fire at your two creatures. Your lesser dragon was lucky enough to survive, but an acidic ball shot out of the snake-tails mouth disolves his head in a few seconds. Now you need to wait a whole day (in-game, of course) before you can summon your blood elemental and lesser dragon again. The chimera is looking at you like it is waiting for you to make the first move.

There is nothing in this room except for the mimic who is sleeping inside her treasure chest.

Looking at the stone beast I would like to see if it responds to attacks or if it attacks of its own accord so I will walk twords another one of the statues, the double headed Phoenix, ready to dive behind it if the Chimera attacks maybe kf this one comes alive they can fight each other?

The leader of the bandits tries to rush at you, but he gets hot by the lightning of your rod. It only manages to paralyze him instead of killing him. Now is your chance to give him the finishing blow before he can move again and prepare his next attack.

The double-headed phoenix statue is missing its wings. There are only three whole statues that aren't damaged, they don't even have a crack or look like they got affected by time over the many years tuey are standing in this room. The chimera made out of stone is now slowly walking towards you and prepares its fire breath to attack you. Hiding behind the statues doesn't seem to do anything except for them getting broken into thousand pieces except for the sphinx and the marilith.

There's a tip for you from me for you: you shouldn't try to open all three doors at once by solving their task. Two of them require a fight, the third has riddles.

You can go back to the place with the strange door frame that has runes on it or take the other path and find out what is waiting for you when you chose to go that way.

Useing the weak pyrokinesis I want to try and divert the fire breath attack back at the beast or away from me as best as possable while trying to figure out witch statue is the one for riddles untill I can get stronger

Ok, let's see...there are countless of statues in this hall-like room. Only three of them are intact. There is a door for each statue that isn't broken. You can either complete one task or do more at once. Two of them require a fight while the third one is filled with riddles. There is a marilith (a six armed woman with a weapon in her hands), a chimera that is chasing you to turn you into its meal and a two-headed sphinx. Before you can pick another task you should first beat the chimera or either try to open all three doors at once. I can give you one last hint for this room if you want, but you have to phrase your question very carefully because the answer could leave you unsatisfied just like wasting your only wish in front of a cunning and sly genie.

Your pyrokinesis isn't stong enough to block the fire breath forever, but your telekinesis gives you the needed boost to push the flames back from where they came. This surprises the hungry chimera for a few seconds which should give you enough time to form a new strategy.

This is just the first room of your tutorial. Wait until you get to the last one...remember, never tell a GM to let all hell lose and do his/her worst *laughs so evily that lightning and thunder appear in the background behind me*

But don't fall into despair and kill yourself to create a new character, you'll be stronger than all the other starters when you finish this tutorial.

The kunai flies towards the paralysed bandit leader and sinks into his skull which kills him in an instant. You can now loot the corpses and see what they were carrying besides gold. Or do you want to bury them with their belongings instead before you walk away? So or so you get a reward for defeating them: you can either choose a fiery fairy, a returning dagger or a weak kinesis except the ones you already can use.

"oh great to I'll never kill myself I'll fight till my bones are dust and my blood is steam, as for my question I ask this, what does the door the Marilyn statue contain behind it, riddles or fight?"

Seeing the flames pushed back I try and put some distance between myself and the beast befor reaching into my bag of holding and grabbing the flask of eternal springs seeing if I can. Pour out enough water to drench myself for the exception of my wings so I might take flight if need be

Back
Top Bottom