Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I can love you better (MLB x Vita)

The hours had come and gone, the movie had helped ease his mind as the relentless violence against a once implacable foe and one liners roared across the screen to the epic scores of a finely tuned orchestra, plus having Ashley cuddled up against him, even in her current condition alleviated some tension he hadn't been keenly aware of.

Eventually the movie rolled through to it's credits as the chipper heroes said their farewells. Rafael flipped off the TV and settled back into his moderately comfortable spot upon the couch. The welcoming pull of sleep drawing him under and like before, his dreams were marked with homicidal clowns and things that bumped in the night, like lawyers.

He awoke to a hiss, perhaps a self imagined sound that emanated from his dreams. The first thing Rafael noticed was how much darker the room had gotten and just like that he started to berate himself for sleeping that long, it was going to screw up his already screwed up sleeping schedule. Though he soon realized that Ashley wasn't there and it didn't take him long to find her, double over and holding herself up. "Hey, what are you doing?" He was by her side once again to hold her upright, "Let me help you over to the counter, you probably just want to stand, huh?"

He didn't exactly give her enough time to answer, "I think your meds have started to wear off. I'll have to get them for you."

She would have smiled at how fast he got to her if she wasn't hurting. As soon as he was supporting her weight, which wasn't much to begin with, her own body gave in on her. He wasn't giving her much room to speak, as he led her to the counter. Really she was just trying to be a good guest, but he would probably just yell at her if he knew that. "No Raf, I don't want to sleep anymore," as a doctor he would naturally want her to take the meds, but she felt he was more adamant about it since they had been friends for so long.

When he tried to walk away to get the bottles of pills, he hand held as tight as it could to the sleeve of his shirt. She pulled him close as she leaned back against the counter. Ashley rested her forehead on his chest, her hand still gripping the sleeve. "I can deal with the pain for a bit Raf, don't make me sleep anymore."

Looking up at him, she smiled. The swelling on her cheek and eye had come down significantly. It was still bruised, but a lot better then yesterday.

"Alright, fine." Rafael would say with a soft frown, he wasn't exactly happy with where this was going, but given their past history, once Ashley set her mind on something, it was nigh impossible to change her. "Only because you're stubborn, but if it gets worse, I'm putting you back on those pain killers."

He would help her get to where she wanted to go, which was the kitchen, "We have to take your pain into consideration, I don't want it to get any more worse than it is, plus there's the chance of secondary and tertiary injuries if you continue to be a hard ass." The last was said with a smile.

"I promise I will take it easy," she added just for his benefit. She would keep her promise, as long as Raf would continue to compromise that is. Taking the support from him, she walked into the kitchen, though really she had no reason to be here. If she were to keep her promise making breakfast was out of the question. "I know Raf, but I just got you back," she winced only a little, "I don't want to spend the first few days sleeping." She smiled at his last words, he was just full of contradictions. First he wanted the old Ashley back, now he wants her to tone it down. There was just no pleasing this man, "you know you can't have both right? You can't have the old Ashley but not want the stubbornness, it just doesn't work that way." She laughed a little, but groaned when they action hurt her ribs. "Ok back to the sofa I guess, this standing thing just isn't doing it for me," her hand squeezed the arm he was using to help her.

"Good." Rafael spoke before an earnest sigh escaped him, "I can't help but worry about you." He admitted this easily, "Ok, since you want to be stubborn. I'm going to help you by watching you walk back to the couch." He stepped away to get the phone, keeping an ever watchful eye on Ashley, "I guess I should order pizza and I don't care what time it is, it's always a good time for pizza, damn it."

He wasn't on the line for long, the pizza joint knew him by name and his order never really changed. Two double cheese pepperoni pizzas and two liters of Sprite. The soda was a guilty pleasure since he knew full well what the carbonated sugar did to your body chemistry, "So they'll be here in an hour or so."

Rafael was nearby just in case, "So, get your ass back onto the couch. Also you can't complain to much about your natural pain management choice. I'll try not to make you laugh, but if it becomes unbearable, I'm going to make you pop some pills. I mean, how else am I supposed to feel you up?" The last was said with a teasing smile.

It was slow going but Ash made her way back to the sofa on her own. It made her wonder why she bothered getting up from it in the first place. "Thanks, Raf, really looked like you were worried there," she smiled at him. What would she do without him, what did she do without him for that long stretch. She made a promise to herself to not let them lose touch ever again. She settled into the softness of the sofa, waiting for Raf to join her. Then she said something she had never heard from him. They had always joked around about stuff, but sexual things had never came up. She actually felt a blush rising to her cheeks. "I wasn't aware you would want to feel me up Raf," she tried to make it sound teasing just as his had. The actual curiosity was there of course, wondering if he was actually serious.

Rafael came back to the couch with a big bowl of Blue Corn Tortilla Chips and a jar of Salsa, even though he had placed in an order for Pizza, he figured more food would do them better. Plus Ashley needed the extra calories as her body needed the boost to help her heal through her injuries. "Aw, you're blushing."

He couldn't help but tease her as he placed the bowl and salsa upon the table before them, "Hell yeah I'd want to feel you up." Rafael said without any hesitations, "I hinted at it a few times when we were hanging out, years ago. I just didn't want to get hit by you." He made a pained face, remembering one punch she had given him as he had 'accidentally' touched one of her breasts, the squeeze might have ruined the accidental intention, "You hit hard."

He was besides her once more, taking a chip and dipping it into the Salsa, "But you were always dating other people whenever my relationships were going down the shit and yours were on the upswing." Rafael shrugged then, "So yeah, shit happens."

Ashley brought her feet up on the cushion just as Raf sat down next to her. Taking a chip from the bowl she brought it to her mouth. His mentioning of her blushing only deepened the blush in question. "I guess I just always though you were kidding. I mean you did like the slutty girls, the ones that threw themselves on anything with a dick." Reaching over she grab another chip, eating it before she continued. "I never really thought I was your type, since I had respect for myself. Also I would hit so hard if didn't hang out with you. All that practice on ex girl friends helped a lot."

As he continued she realized that Raf wasn't kidding around. The conversation had turned from playful to serious rather quickly. She shifted in her seat a little, wondering just how far this would go. She recalled a lot of the relationships he had when they were growing up. He seemed to always pick the ones that would only hurt him. She had pointed this out a few times, he never took her advice on the matter. "Bad timing then right," she asked as she scooted closer. She stifled the groan, from the movement. She wasn't about to let him throw more pills at her. Not yet at least, she wanted to spend time with him not drugged up on pain killers.

Ashley couldn't help but wonder what all this meant. She was still married to Scott, and as much as she knew she shouldn't go back to him she was always big on staying faithful. There was also the small voice that kept telling her Scott could change, that maybe if they just got him some help things would be better. She cuddled closer, bringing Raf's arm around her.

Back
Top Bottom