Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Teen Titans (Jugger82, Erit of Eastcris, and FemShep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FemShep

Supernova
The luminescent lights lightened the darkness of night surrounding the famous Jump City. For now everything seemed in order, peace was left undisturbed. No one was calling for help and no one was screaming. Tonight was a peaceful and crime free night so far. Then again the night was still young, trouble could pop up at any second. The temporary peace was thanks to the Teen Titans. Not the original team, but instead a new team...if the term "team" was what you wanted to call it. The original team were the perfect team and friends to each other. They would hit rough times and even went for each other's throats, but in the end they always came back even closer. Unforunately, the Teen Titans grew up into adults and disbanded to become something more then what they already were. It was a shame to toss away the idea of a team of teens fighting together. So even with their dispersal, a new group of teens took their place. Living in the same blue and grey Titian Tower on a very small island a good distance from a town was a small new team of young heroes. While the original team consisted of five titans, this team on the other hand only contained three, but there were some...issues dealing between the new team mates.

One of the three was a young girl at the age of sixteen. Her long flowing blood red hair pulled up into a long pony tail that ended at her waist. Her bangs laid over the left side of her forehead, just barely touching the top of her eye. She stared at the distant brightly lit city with her sparkling sapphire eyes. Her full soft lips frowning and her pale skin glowing from the city's light making the stars go into hiding. She sat on the very edge on the top of the T shaped tower, watching the city like a hawk. After training all day today to master her abilities all she could do was watch for any signs of disturbance that would require her full attention. Her body was quite fit and tight looking with her thin build and hourglass like curves. Her breast were heavy on her young teenage chest and added strain on her back, but she learned to live with it. She was a bit above average for a sixteen year old, almost a full D size. Her rear was also a bit above average for a sixteen year old with it looking so firm and round. The hero outfit she wore wasn't afraid to show some of these features. At the top, her cleavage stuck out a bit, but never gave too much away. The bottom wasn't scared to show her fit smooth legs either even some of her outer thighs could be seen, but still never showing too much of her. This girl was known as Scarlet Night.

Frustrated with her team, Scarlet had yet again another stressful day with her team mates. They were so much different then her. The way they acted, thought, and fought were completely against her methods. For once they could at least try not to have any civilians get hurt! Scarlet tried to relax anymore stress might end up killing her in the end. For a moment, Scarlet closed her eyes feeling the wind softly running through her blood red hair. The sounds of the oceans waves washing away her anger and stress for the moment. Taking deep breaths, Scarlet found it in herself to relax. She had to...otherwise...bad things would happen. She couldn't be scared and she couldn't be angry. Though everyday is proving to be a bigger challenge then the next with the two others on her team.

Elsewhere in Titan Tower, a young man of seventeen—or perhaps an old boy, dependimg on your perspective—was sitting in his favorite spinning chair, sitting with his usual horrendous posture of one knee being up by his shoulders with his other foot tucked under him, as he engrossed himself in his favorite pastime; games. Where Scarlet Night was unusually attractive, as he supposed heroines were prone to being, the Titan known as Jack Frost was somewhere between "kind of handsome" and "I love him for his heart" levels of average. At seventeen years of age, Jack was six foot, three inches, not exactly muscular but not badly out of shape. His auburn pseudo-curly hair was out of it's normal ponytail, and fell in rings and waves around his neck and shoulders; this was what Jack called "down time", when he could let his hair down and relax before needing to tie it up again in preparation for another boring fight and capture. His almond-shaped hazel eyes, surrounded by their usual dark circles that said "I don't like sleeping at night" very plainly, flickered almost imperceptibly across the screen, his large, dextrous hands clicking and clacking away at the controls they knew by muscle memory. He wore a fairly uncommon expression on his face; Jack was not the smiling type. Not to say he was unhappy, he simply didn't smile at the little things. At the moment he was smiling at the futile efforts of the game to pose some kind of challenge to him; he didn't cheat, but as with many things Jack was just naturally talented.

And, as with many things, it wasn't terribly long before he decided to take a break. So he saved, shut off the game, and went walking around the tower, which still had a few relics of the old inhabitants. Jack himself had been something of a fan of the Titans before he'd gained his powers, and never really expected to be one. Even now, a sense of excited awe slowly started to well up in him as he walked through the place. When he'd first arrived, he'd been stunned silent at being there, then went dashing around here and there and everywhere like the delighted little fanboy he was. By consequence of this, he knew the tower upside down and inside out, all the peculiar little nooks and crannies. And where to find his teammates at certain times of day, after a bit of studying their routines. He was in the mood for small talk, and so he went to where he figured his favorite of the two would be.

And he found her, perched at the ledge like some kind of bird of prey watching it's next unwitting meal. It wasn't very windy up at the top just then, peculiar considering the geography, but it was fairly cold, which made Jack grateful for his preferred, most definitely unheroic attire of faded black jeans, a thick black tee-shirt, a black form-fitting thermal and thick socks under heavy black leather boots, all in his favorite coloration. He wasn't goth or emo or anything; just liked dark colors. He took out a pair of matching cotton gloves, getting a little threadbare after a year of use, to cover his hands, which were quickly turning numb with cold. Damn his poor circulation. He folded his arms over his chest and started towards a spot at Scarlet's right. He didn't mind working with her, really, and in fact quite enjoyed her company at times, but in his mind the girl was too naïve, always demanding absolutes even when the situation demanded a choice compromise or utter defeat. Robin had made a strong leader because he recognized that, sometimes, one had to break a few eggs to make an omelette. But Scarlet, admirably and infuriatingly, strived for heroic perfection and tried so very hard to save everyone. And sometimes she exceeded Jack's own expectations and pulled it off. Other times... Best not to dwell on other times. "You know," he said after a moment, his voice an even, velvety bass, almost like he was crooning every syllable, "it's a fundamental rule of nature that those who seek trouble often find more than they bargained for. Your sitting up here and asking for it isn't doing anyone any favors, least of all yourself."

One of Scarlet's flaws was her inability to accept what was necessary for their team's victory. If a solution involved even one person getting hurt, it was a solution she will avoid. Her team mates aren't the same and her problems often lead to more problems, but she was too stubborn to change. The other two might be willing to kill innocent people, but she wasn't. Hearing Jack Frost's comment about her daily activity, Scarlet took her eyes off of the city to look behind herself to see the older teen. It must have been cold up here for him, but for Scarlet, she learned to get use to the chill with all the time she's spent up on this roof. Countless hours spent watching that city and only a few times did she actually find something useful from staying up here. She'll admit he had a good point, but it'll be too difficult for someone like her to be any different then she is now. Though it's possible she could change, but the question was how and who could do it with her stubbornness and change of moral compass.

Jack was the one she would be willing to listen to for now. He was close to her morals expect with the difference of he'll do anything while she'll do little. He had moments with her, Scarlet was impressed with, but other times she was left unamused. He did know a lot more then she did about being a hero or a leader. Surprisingly so since she's seen him playing more video games then she could remember. Being raised in a orphanage, Scarlet had more things to worry about then super heroes. But over all Scarlet thought that Jack was good company when she needed it and honestly thought of him as a good friend and team mate to have on their side.

Scarlet got up from the edge, standing on it instead of sitting almost like she wanted to jump off of it. She turned towards Jack with the wind lightly blowing on them. "I understand what you mean Jack, but I can't keep myself from wanting to watch the city. Honestly I find it relaxing. The wind, the lights, the sounds. It makes me happy, but I suppose it isn't too healthy for me to be out here all the time in the cold. Then again, what else can I do other then train?" She asked shrugging her shoulders a little. Scarlet wasn't known to have too many hobbies outside of watching the city and training. Although recently she's been drawing what she saw for fun and for her memories when she got older. She didn't want to leave the Teen Titans, but it wouldn't be a surprise if they disbanded once they became adults.

Nathan had been listening in on the two for quite a while. He was sitting on his chakram and using his abilities to keep him afloat midair, some ways down from the top of Titan Tower as he listened in. He slowly floated upward, seeing the two speaking finally. "Innocents die. Its something you need to accept. Why let many more people die with a villain escaping when we can capture and or kill said villain with only a few innocents dying? I never understood what you heroes cried about when you couldn't think for the greater good of things." He murmured. Nathan was known to his two teammates as Nyx, not wanting to give them his real name for the time being. He was just someone who was getting easy money and immunity to the law for things he did. "Just get over it and focus on the job."

And there came the third, an individual that Frost saw as a problem he would like to one day solve for the Titans as a symbol of moral fiber. Oh, certainly Nyx was helpful and didn't deliberately hurt innocents—as far as Jack knew—but really, he just let the actual criminals do the dirty work for him. "Yes," he said in response to the other young man's words, "but just because innocents can die doesn't mean they should. And because of that, we should consider it our duty to keep casualties to a minimum." Needless to say, Jack didn't exactly like Nyx. He was good at what he did, and helpful in a fight, but if forced to choose between the two then nine times out of five he would pick Scarlet simply because he'd rather have a teammate with morals to admire than one he needed to keep an eye on. Pragmatism and realism were good, but Nyx could sometimes toe that fine line between pragmatic and ruthless.

He shivered slightly, his hair catching the wind and blowing across his cheeks and shoulders like little strands of earth, the breeze pulling at his sweater and pants to make them ripple a little bit. With a last glance at his teammates, he decided it best to head back inside before he caught something unpleasant. He didn't really like leaving the two alone with each other for very long, mainly because he saw himself as a kind of mediator between the two extremes of ideology which, he assumed, would be hard pressed to coexist without a catalyst, but if he ended up sick he'd leave them worse than alone. So, he went back to the comfortable warmth of the Tower and waited for whatever came next.

Scarlet nearly broke her calm attitude the moment she heard that damn voice of Nyx coming from behind. She looked over her shoulder glaring at him with intense eyes. The exact thing she wanted the say, Jack put into better words for her. Scarlet could never stand for someone like Nyx. She could tolerate and get along with many people, but people like Nyx were people she couldn't stand and Nyx was probably the worse one she's ever met. He was by far the most self absorbed uncaring little boy she's ever met. Jack was one she could easily get along with, but no matter how hard she tried, Scarlet just couldn't get along with this pig even when they first met. He used everyone to his own self benefit not caring who he hurts or kills. Nyx was literally the complete opposite of Scarlet. While Scarlet tried to keep buildings from falling, Nyx would probably be the one knocking them down. At least Jack tried to minimize the causalities. She'd rather be on the side that was rational then the one that was a complete irrational prick.

Once she saw Jack went inside honestly she wanted to follow him, but knowing Nyx he would probably follow her around bugging her until she snapped and fights him for the hundredth time. Scarlet waited until Jack was gone before she sighed and returned her gaze to Nyx. "When will you learn Nyx? One day all the horrible things you've done will comeback to get you and I'll be there smiling, but until then I recommend you just stay away from me before I kick your ass again." She said bitterly then stepped down from the ledge onto the roof.

Nathan grinned as he saw the reaction his two 'teammates' gave him when he first arrived. Oh how he loved to see their anger and discomfort while he was in their presence. He grinned and crossed his arms as he floated above the two of them, and suddenly lowered himself hard, the chakram spinning wildly almost cutting the two of them...but he made certain not to harm them. "I want you two to know that I'm only here doing things that I'm doing because its how I've been taught. Life's hard and I like to take what I like. ITs a dog eat dog world...and as much as I'd like to keep innocents alive, they're nothing more than expendable pawns to me when it comes to catching the REAL bad guys." He grinned as he began to float away from the two of them...giving them space as he sat upon his chakram-like throne. "Tell me something...When are you two going to get so fed up with me that you decide to just kill me, hm? You can easily sneak into my room at night and simply snap my neck. I wouldn't even know. You'd deal with one 'criminal'...yet you don't. Your morals prevent you from killing someone despite the deeds they've done."

"That is going to be your downfall...Tch...look at Batman. How many times has the Joker killed hundreds if not thousands of people throughout the years, when it could only be maybe half a hundred people if he simply just killed the Joker to begin with...Heheh...So many lives would have been saved...why let criminals live if they are just going to go back to their evil ways? I wonder if he could ever look at a Joker-ruined family member in the eyes and explain to him why his or her parents are dead because he let his morals get in the way and think that he could keep a madman like Joker, who has escaped Arkham many times...alive and kept imprisoned."

Scarlet stopped immediately after feeling the chakram almost hit her yet she seemed unfazed. She was use to his moves after fighting him for so long that she knew when she was in danger and when she wasn't. There was no point in just walking away. If she chose to walk away, Nyx will think he won, but if she fought back Scarlet would only be doing what he wanted. With little choice Scarlet stayed and listened to Nyx's words. She knew she could never show him the light he lacked to see. Foolish Nyx, he couldn't see the criminal inside him. All the women he used, all the damage he's done, all the people he's killed. Yet he shows no remorse. What's the difference between him and the other villains? Perhaps reason, maybe even intelligence. At least the Joker come up with cunning plans. There was no sign of cunning or wit coming from this villain pretending to be a hero. But a good question was, why not kill him? He deserved it and now he's asking for it. Scarlet already knew her answer.

For a moment, she was quiet then turned to look at him over her shoulder. "Perhaps you're right. It is a dog eat dog world that's the cruel world we live in, but why let it stay that way? If we can stop the rapid ways then why not? If you want to lower yourself to the level to that level,fine. Then you're just a pathetic blind wounded mutt whose only instinct is to attack even when someone is trying to help you." Scarlet turned to look at him with a softer, but still a serious glare seeing how smug he was in his "throne". She started saying as she walked towards him "I could kill you. I could snap your neck and that'll be the end." Just as she approached him, Scarlet put her hand around his neck yet showing no aggression. "Just one big crack and it's all over." She gripped his neck tighter, but pulled her hand away. "But there's no point. I'd be no better then you are. Why would I kill something when it only makes me just as bad as you. There are things worse then death. Living can be far crueler, but I won't go there. Criminals and people like you are broken. Broken morals, broken hopes and dreams. Why kill something that can be fixed? Unfortunately not everyone can be fixed, but it's worth trying. They're still human, they're still a living being. Does that mean nothing to you?" Her eyes were more pained then serious, almost desperate for something then anything.

He simply had his smug grin the entire time she spoke to him, not even becoming fazed as she gripped his neck tightly as she explained how she could easily snap his neck. If he would die, then so be it. He had no fear of death, and he especially had no fear of Scarlet at all. When she removed her hand from his neck, he snickered and began to eye her with devious intent as she continued to explain that she would only lower herself to his level if she would go as far as to kill him. He shook his head and shrugged as he heard her. "I don't care for other humans. The only thing that matters to me, is ME. You two are lucky to have someone as powerful as myself to fight alongside you...otherwise you Titans are nothing." He said with a grin as he floated closer toward Scarlet and stepped off of his chakram, and moved to hug the girl from behind just to tease her. "Of course I could easily just kill you as well...but why waste the life of such a beautiful and wonderful creature that I oh so love to tempt and tease?"

God did Scalet hate that smug grin on his face. Everytime she saw it Scarlet couldn't stand to see it and normally she'd loose her cool. One thing she did admire about him is his bravery against death, but at the same time it was upsetting. For a guy who cares only for himself he sure doesn't care if he lives or dies; maybe he had a real reason behind it. No matter the look he gave and the words he dared to speak ignited her fire. "You're not that great! Me and Frost are just as good without you! In fact we'll be even better because we wouldn't have to worry about you killing everyone you psychopath!" Seeing Nathan floating closer to her Scarlet glared at him and expected him to pick a fight with her, but instead she felt his arms wrap around her from behind. She wasn't use to a man treating her like this even if he's been doing this to her ever since they met. So her cheeks blushed brightly and used her physic powers, making her eyes glow red, to forcefully pull him off of her. "Get off of me! How many times have I told you to never do that!?"

Suddenly felt the girl use her own psychic abilities to pry him from her body. He simply snickered as he crossed his arms and looked to Scarlet with the same grin he always had. "You'd think you'd just allow me to do what I want when it comes to hugging you from behind. Obviously I'm not learning to stop." He said with a grin as he gave her a small wink. "And why should I leave? I bet I wouldn't be allowed to leave even if you guys wanted me to...Go on and admit it. If I were to leave, then I would have no restraints. I would be out there, truly with the status of criminal as I take what I want and not give a damn about who I harm in the process...You two are my restraints that I ALLOW. If you two were not around, who would stop me from truly causing damage like I want to, hm?"

Nathan's grin and wink with his teasing comment, Scarlet's embarressed blush didn't die down. There was no way this creep would ever touch her like that again without her attacking him especially with Frost around. She didn't want to arouse any ideas of anything happening between them. Scarlet glared at him then folded her arms and looked away from him in disgust from his comment. "You better start learning before I do something about it!" As much as she listened to his response, Scarlet glared at the ground knowing he had a good point. As much as she'll hate to say it, it'll be better if he was staying with them since he technically was restrained by her and Frost. She growled softly and frustration then shouted with glowing eyes. "And that's the only reason why I put up with you! If it was just me and Frost none of this will be happening right now! If you weren't part of the team I would have put you in jail more times then you can count!" Scarlet took a moment to take a deep breath and calmed down, her eyes returning normal. "Besides, why do you stay in the team. What can you possibly gain from staying with us? It's not like you're under a blood contract."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom