Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thoughts on SMUT v/s Romantic rps

AndNich123

Pulsar
Which do you prefer and why? Both clearly have their own distinct appeals, but what draws you to any one certain type of rp?

It depends on my mood because I like both. I like smutty ones with a thinly veiled plot just to move along to the parts I visualize. Then again, there are some of my threads that have such an amazing plot that it drives seamlessly into what will surely be epic sexy smut! So both for me, depending on my current mood.

AndNich123 said:
Which do you prefer and why? Both clearly have their own distinct appeals, but what draws you to any one certain type of rp?

Well, hey there Tessa. I can guess your preference, knowing what a true romantic you are!

Myself, I'm not big on romance, or the 'man and woman meet then fall in love' type anyway, or of having romance as the central theme of the play. I find it a little mundane and prefer something with a bit more kick. As one component of a larger story it can be enjoyable - particularly if it's a twist on traditional romance.

That's not to say I prefer smut (or that smut can't happen in romance plays!). I think there's more than just two options. I don't enjoy totally smut-based roleplays as I think it's kind of pointless without context. I find the more you know the characters the more enjoyable, natural and 'realistic' the smut is.

I'm drawn more to character and dialogue based plays, where my character is required to use his brain, not just his brawn and/or is engaged in a battle of wits, word-games, mind-games, etc.

To be honest, I would pick romantic rps.

Smut rps are too eh...

Since they are basically cheap and too sexual,for me. >.< I like more story-based rps than smut rps.

However it just basically depends on the roleplay itself. =D

Back
Top Bottom