Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Across the Veil (NornSavant x Strangefate)

Violet had not expected to have the decision turned back on her. She had not even really expected Etaine to listen at all. The young woman now stood indecisively before the fae, her slender arms crossed over her chest, wincing at every fresh cry torn from their assailant's stretched form. She couldn't let her die even if she'd meant her harm in the end. Very likely the woman had only intervened in a mistaken effort to save her life.

What could she possibly say that would sate Etaine's vengeful gleeful bloodlust? Violet did not think she'd be willing to simply let her go without punishment. What punishment would suffice though? What wouldn't ultimately be a death sentence in this harsh brutal world behind the safe lines? She did not wish to see the woman hurt but would anything that did not involve pain even come close to satisfying her cruel guide.

"Please, Lady Etain, as…as a favor…I beg you not to hurt her any more. Yes, she tried to kill you, but you lived. You have already repaid pain with pain…" Violet tried to rack her brain for some brilliant compromise but all she found there were jangling nerves and fear. Some poor excuse for an envoy, she thought bitterly, they never should have picked me. "Perhaps…perhaps she could work it off? Like a debt?" Violet did not think this such a bad idea, although she recognized there was a sliver of selfishness to it. She so badly wished to talk with the woman, to share the company of another human being, one who might even be able to teach her something about this strange place in terms she understood for a change.

One who admittedly might also rather slit both their throats than submit to it.

"She…she might be helpful. For me. To learn…and help us understood each other. She must have lived out here a long time and she's obviously no real threat to you." Violet gazed up at Etaine with pleading eyes. "Please. If not that, then let her go. Certainly she's already learned her lesson. At the very least don't kill her. I have nothing to offer in exchange but anything you want from me, Lady Etaine, please... I could not bear it…"

Back
Top Bottom