Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Different views

Trygon

Supernova
There is no such thing as repulsion.

Everything that you find objectionable is because someone once told you that such a thing is odious. A child raised to accept it would see nothing wrong. See; cheese, shariah law, circumcision.

It could be argued that some things are against 'human rights', but that's a nebulous concept and I think it would be better to call them 'civilization rights' as plenty of humans don't have them and they only exist in the first world, and sometimes not even there.

Can you remove yourself from your past enough to figure out why others believe the things they do? Can you suspend your own ideals to understand and agree with someone that you completely disagree with? What gave you a breakthrough in understanding someone or some group in the past?

This has been my obsession for the past year or two. I've found there's very little that doesn't make sense if you consider enough context, and usually when I think someone isn't making sense, I'm just not considering enough variables or there's factors I'm not privy to.

It's worth noting that base stupidity fucks up ALL of these postulations. An idiot will act completely senselessly entirely because an authority figure told them to.

Said authority figure is usually worth dissecting, however. The dances they make the idiots do have far-reaching effects...

---

Disclaimer: There is no subject of debate here. There is nothing to debate here. There is no postulation in the OP to refute. Anyone arguing anything will thus be in direct violation of the stated intent of this thread. If you wish to debate anything related to this thread, please make a new thread.

I've been asked to make my point a bit clearer, as I specifically ruled out debate.

This is a discussion forum about actual experiences of the posters relating to this subject - What you've done, what you learned, what happened, what you may have done differently.

Back
Top Bottom