Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hitting a home run with the rookie (Charliesweb7 & Crusade)

Tara nodded her head at him. "I know, it is not like we would be the first but I just want to make sure that I do not lose my job." She added. She didn't want to sound selfish but she did want to keep her job. After all, wouldn't he feel the same way? "I am sure we will figure something out. Lets just not talk about that right now." She mentioned, adjusting so that she cuddled up with him more. She then moved away, getting up and heading into his bedroom to grab a blanket. She came back and sat down, pulling the blanket over herself. His hotel room was nice and chilly but a bit too much for her. She then turned her attention back to the movie.

"Perfect," he said softly, watching Tara walk away. He sighed and rested back on the couch, seeing her return a few moments later with the blanket. He pulled it over himself as well and moved close to her again, finally shifting his attention to the movie. He would have a bullpen session later in the day, but for the time being, it would just be the two of them. He felt like Tara could potentially be the first girl he felt right sleeping with and settling down with. She had everything he was looking for and then some. It would only be a matter of time before they found out if dating was in the cards for them.

Tara really liked Evan. And when she had thought of scenarios in her head, she never pictured them dating. Well okay maybe once she did. But she always bounced back and forth between him hating her and never seeing her again to a friendship perhaps. That was all. And now here they were. Tara was rather quiet through the movie. And it turned out that she had fallen asleep. It was emotionally draining what had happened earlier. She looked peaceful asleep against his chest, her body barely moving.

Evan smiled when he noticed Tara sleeping against him. Not wanting to wake her, he eased his body from against her and let her come to rest fully on the couch. Then, he reached down and as gently as possible, lifted her into his arms and carried her over to his bed. If she was going to sleep, he wanted to make sure she was as comfortable as possible. He set her down gently on the bed and lifted the covers over her before taking a seat beside her. What a day, but since feelings had been let out and secrets had been told, things were looking up for both of them. He couldn't wait to see where things were going to lead.

Tara didn't even move when he slowly moved her, picking her up and carrying her to the bed. She hadn't slept well in the past few nights. The issues she had been having with Evan had been on her mind. Also the article. She finally got it approved and the boss liked it. So that was good. After about an hour though she woke up, blinking before then looking around. She looked to him, moving a hand up to rub her eyes. "Sorry for falling asleep." She whispered, yawning a bit and cuddling up under the blankets. She was still a little cold and the bed just seemed to comfy... "Sorry for everything." She mentioned to him. She had done a lot of stuff that she felt bad about.

When she woke, Evan was sat with his back pressed up against the headboard, his phone in his hand. He'd been cycling through information one of the news outlets had posted about him and his team during spring training. They essentially said the way he'd been pitching, he'd be a lock to make the opening day rotation. He tucked his phone away and looked over at Tara as she apologized.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," he said, reaching over to take her hand in his own. "Especially not falling asleep. That movie sucked," he added with a smirk, giving her hand a squeeze. "Plus I managed to get you into bed while you were out."

Tara stretched again, looking up to him when he spoke. "Yeah what was that movie even called?" She asked. She couldn't even remember much of it. "Yeah, the bed is comfy.... but was that a comment like a sexual joke that you got me into bed?" Tara commented, laughing slightly. Tara moved slowly, lightly sitting up and looking to him. "I should probably head back." She added. She didn't want to over stay her welcome by any means.

"I honestly stopped watching it as soon as you fell asleep. The Cabin something or other. I don't know. It was awful." Evan turned to her and shrugged when she mentioned whether or not his joke was sexual. "You can take it however you want to take it," he added, shifting when he saw her start moving away.

"I mean, yeah. If you want to," he said, clearly not happy about the fact that she was going to go, but it wasn't like he could force her to stay with him. "I had a good time."

Tara laughed softly and nodded her head. "Which is probably the reason why I fell asleep." She teased. Tara licked her lips a bit and smiled again. "I will take it as you are doing a great job. I am already in your bed." She said. Tara lightly got up, then looking to him. "I just don't want to overstay my welcome. That is all though." She explained. "I mean, if you want me to stay I can stay for longer. I just didn't want to stay longer than you wanted me to."

"You're welcome to stay as long as you want. It's not like I have anything going on. You could never outstay a welcome. Trust me," he said, looking into her eyes. He didn't want her to feel obligated to stay with him, but at the same time, he didn't want to see her go, either.

"I mean, if you stay, I promise not to bore you into a coma again," he added with a laugh, knowing the movie had done just that.

Tara laughed as he commented. "Yes, that would be nice. I would like to be awake." She teased before then stretching. "I just wanted to make sure that I didn't stay if you were tired or something like that." She told him. She then joined him back on the couch, cuddling up to him. "I hope we are allowed to date. I mean, it is not like I am your coach. It is not like I am going to report only what happens during the game to you." She added. Then again, perhaps they needed to just keep it a secret...but then she could lose her job. That was another issue. All of this was complicated.

Evan nodded as she talked about the two dating. Just the sound of her saying it felt right. He hoped they could find a way without it jeopardizing their work relationship or Tara's job. "I think it helps that we have this angle about my brother's heart, too, Tara. If things get a little risky, we can revert back to that fact and tell everyone we were together just to discuss that. I mean, it's really no one's business what we're doing. I don't know. I just feel like it shouldn't have to be so hard," he said, looking into her eyes. He grabbed hold of her hand and interlocked their fingers. "I'm just glad we're together," he added, flashing her a genuine smile.

"I guess. I mean, we don't have to tell people we are dating. Maybe we just say that we are friends considering this bond we have. As long as I am not in your room at night and all." She added. Sure, it would be that way later on but she didn't want her career to end before it even really started. As their fingers laced, she let out a sigh. It sounded perfect to her. "Will your parents come to vista any time soon?" She asked. She wanted to meet them. It wasn't normal but then again...their relationship was not normal by any stretch either. She hoped that his parents would want to meet her as well. Hopefully they didn't get as mad as Evan did originally.

"They were here for the first spring training game. I'm not sure if they're going to get here for any of the rest until the regular season starts. I'm sure if I tell them about you, they might make a special trip," he said, looking into her eyes. He knew they'd be a little more understanding of the situation and handle it better than he had. At least, he hoped they would. But one thing he did know, they would love Tara. There wasn't much about her not to like and they were always critical of some of his other girlfriends, so finding a good one would be a weight off of their shoulders.

Evan said that they wanted to meet her. Then again, he said the same thing and then got very upset with her. She was just glad they had worked something out. She didn't want Evan out of her life. Even if they weren't dating, she just wanted him in her life. "Well if I could meet them...I would like to. I just hope they don't hate me." She added, shrugging her shoulders and squeezing his hand. She then looked up to him, frowning a bit.

He shook his head and placed his hand on the side of her face. "No. They won't hate you. They have no reason to. My brother helped give you life and they'll just be thankful you're still doing fine. Plus, they'll love the fact that I'm dating such a sexy, good girl for once," he said with a laugh.

Evan leaned in and gave Tara a kiss, his hand that held her own gave it a squeeze. He felt really comfortable around Tara, like the two of them knew each other for much longer than they actually did.

Her eyes met his as his hand cupped her face. "I would hope not." She mentioned. A laugh followed after that. "You make it sound like I am the best girl to ever come around." She added. Which, that was not true. Tara didn't believe she was the best girl out there. She kissed him back before she pulled away with a smile. She adjusted on the couch, then draping her legs over the arms. "Mmm, maybe there is something else on TV." She suggested.

Evan let her body rest against his own as he reached over to grab the remote from the side table. "Here. Good luck. Nothing can be as bad as that movie," he said, taking a deep breath as he rested back. He ran his fingers idly through her hair as they relaxed.

As he ran his fingers through her hair, she began to relax. "You know, that feels amazing but I think you just might put me to sleep dear." She teased him. Tara then smiled and stopped him on the channel. It was a re run of the Big Bang Theory. "Do you like this show?" She asked. She just loved it.

"Right, sorry," he said with a smirk before stopping his hands' motion. He stifled a yawn himself and then nodded. "Yeah, that's fine. Haven't watched much of it, but honestly, anything would be a step up at this point," he said, the movie having almost induced two comas earlier.

It was hard being so close to Tara without appreciating the feeling of her body against his own. Despite how hard he tried focusing on the TV, he couldn't help but have his mind wander.

Tara wasn't saying no to intimacy but she was just saying not at the moment. She wanted to get to know him more. She pulled the blanket over her, arching her back a bit. "So what is something I don't know about you?" She teased. There was plenty she didn't know about him. But she wanted him to tell her something. After all, she knew a lot about his college career and such. But not much of his personal life.

"Honestly?" he said, quirking an eyebrow as he looked at her. He didn't know exactly how personal she wanted him to get, but he figured he'd let her in on a particularly embarrassing fact about himself.

"Well, despite the casanova I am these days, back in high school, I was pretty much a nerd. Yeah, I was good in baseball, but I was so shy that I really had no friends. Didn't go to prom, nothing. Baseball was it. I know, it's lame, but that's something I haven't told anyone who didn't know me back then."

He shrugged and laughed it off, but thinking back on those days was hard. After his brother died, things just kind of fell apart. He became a recluse of sorts.

Tara adjusted, able to look at him better. "Well I hope it is honestly. Otherwise you could tell me that you are some secret prince." She teased him. She was just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Tara could read any article she wanted about him or look on his Facebook. But that didn't exactly tell you everything about a personality. A small frown tugged her lips down when he mentioned not many friends. Was this after his brother died? "Are you ashamed of being that way?" She asked him. She hoped that didn't sound too much like an interview though. "I don't see much of a problem. I had friends in high school but a lot of them treated me like crap. They did the whole fake backstabbing thing so I honestly wish I didn't have any friends." She admitted. High school was not the best time for most people. Tara certainly didn't want to go back either.

"I'm not ashamed," he said, looking into her eyes. He sighed and thought about it for a minute. "I guess it was just my coping mechanism. I cut everyone out and just stayed by myself. At the time, it worked for me, but isolating myself sucked. Aside from my teammates, I had hardly any contact with anyone from school. It made for a really lonely few years. I'm glad college opened me up to new experiences and broke me out of my shell. I'm sorry you had to deal with hard times back then, too. I guess high school just sucks," he added with a shrug.

It wasn't shameful. It was understandable for the loss he had. Each person coped in different ways. But shutting other people out was something common so she didn't think too much into it. Tara moved her hand up to his arm, rubbing a bit. "I bet it got rather lonely..." She whispered. She didn't know what it was like not to have a sibling. She was so used to her brothers that living without them was so strange. "I think high school sucks for everyone. You have pimples, you are going through puberty, life happens and everything. I think people who say they loved high school are lairs." She added, adding a small chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom