Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hitting a home run with the rookie (Charliesweb7 & Crusade)

Evan had a rough night's sleep and then woke up the next day a little groggy. Later in the day he had a bullpen session, but during the day he was wide open. When he felt his cell phone vibrate on the nightstand, he grabbed it and read the text. He didn't understand what more Tara could have wanted. He was pretty sure he told her everything he needed to. What more could she want?

So, she wanted to meet. Well, then they would meet. But on his terms. He became a dick solely to rub it in their faces. He texted back "Ramada, room 1016. Come whenever you want." He hit send and decided he ought to take a shower if he was going to have company. He did just that and changed into a Bisons t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He'd just wait a while and find out exactly what she wanted when she showed up.

Had he even seen the text? Would he text back? Would he ever talk to her again? There was a million questions she was thinking about while waiting at her desk in the office. He finally sent her a text, telling him where he was staying. Tara got into her car, heading over from the studio to the hotel. She parked her car before telling the guy at the front desk who she was here to see and then headed up. In the elevator, she was trying to figure out what to say. What to tell him. But she was kind of at a loss for words. She sighed again, the elevator lurching towards a stop as she heard the ding. She slowly got out, reading the plaque and heading down the right hallway towards his room. Once there, she hesitated to knock. What to even say? Tara swallowed before then knocking on the door. She took a step back, waiting for him to answer.

Evan was staying in the hotel until he found out for sure he was going to be with the major league team. It would be at that point that he'd either find a condo or a home to buy. He wanted to settle in Boca Raton. It was a nice city and there were tons of nice properties only a stone's throw from the stadium. When he heard the knock on his door, he lifted himself from the bed and walked over to the door. He turned the latch and opened the door, motioning her inside before letting the door close behind her.

He really didn't know what to expect from the meeting, but whatever came of it, he hoped things would come to a fairly peaceful resolution. He was one to hold grudges, but perhaps he could make an exception when it came to Tara. "So, what is it you wanted?" he asked, as if he didn't already know.

She started thinking about when she would travel. She would have to set up something for paying her bills and such. Maybe she would allow her younger brother to crash there for a bit... Who knew. He might have parties. Once he finally opened up the door, she went inside before the door shut. And he was rather cold with the way he talked to her. "I wanted to talk about last night..." She replied gently, frowning a bit as she looked to him. She went over to the small table, taking a seat and then looking to him. "I didn't know when the right time to tell you was." She explained to him. "I honestly never thought I would be interviewing you. I chose baseball because I played softball. I knew about the game more than the others. I chose Miami area to be close to my family. I never once dreamed of thinking my path would cross with yours." She admitted.

Evan pulled up a seat across from her at the table and heard her out. He really didn't know what to expect, but her explanation shed a little light on what was going on. He didn't want to stay bitter forever, but it was clear it wasn't something he'd get over completely in a matter of minutes. He took a deep breath and made solid eye contact as she spoke. When she finished, he nodded as if he understood where she was coming from.

"I didn't mean to overreact last night, Tara. It's just that my brother is a sensitive topic in itself and knowing you kept such a huge piece of information from me for so long really aggravated me." He didn't know how else to explain the reason for his frustration or what else to add, so he stayed mostly quiet, gauging her reaction and hoping they could move on from that little hiccup. He couldn't hold it against her. Yes, she kept it from him but it wasn't as if she met with him solely for that reason. She had a job to do.

They kept their eyes on each other, watching each other. It was almost slightly creepy in a sense. Tara sighed when he said he was aggravated. "I understand." Tara replied. She did...sort of. "But lets be honest as well. How would you have felt if the first thing I said was 'Hey, I am the girl has your brothers heart!' Or something like that?" She asked him. "I wasn't sure when to tell you. I have known since I was like... 18 I think. But honestly, how do you even tell someone this?" She said, biting on her lip. "The way you talk about your brother...makes me feel so guilty. I am alive and he is gone. For the longest time, I thought you would hate me. You would only see the loss of your brother and not how much it helped me. I wasn't sure how it would go at all telling you this. I sometimes went through different scenes in my head of what would happen. One is that you would hat eke forever. Another was that your family was happy to see me..." She explained, raking her fingers through her locks. Tara licked her lips a bit and watched him. "I didn't want to tell you in the restaurant because I was scared to see how you would react..." She admitted.

The more Tara explained her situation, the more it made sense to him. Evan had just thought it was her being a coward and not wanting to let him in on a very important piece of information, but like she explained, how was she supposed to know how he would react? He wanted to think she wouldn't assume he'd take it negatively. In fact, knowing his heart saved a life was the only bit of good that could be taken from the incident. That fact had been a coping mechanism for Evan ever since the accident.

"I totally get it now, Tara. And I'm truly sorry for the way I reacted. You had no way of knowing for sure how I'd handle the news. You really didn't. And I should have just accepted it and been happy that you're still around and doing well. I mean, no matter how you look at it, we're connected for life in a way. You have his heart inside of you. It's almost hard to believe, but I like knowing you're okay. Knowing he saved a life in death was really comforting to me. I always wondered who the girl was and now...here you are," he said with a smile.

Considering he reacted the way he did...it kind of proved her point. What if that had happened in a restaurant? Embarrassing for both of them but mostly her. She looked to him when he spoke, nodding her head. "I have done a lot of stuff I never thought I could do. Travel, run a 5k, graduate high school." She explained to him. "I honestly thought I would die before I got a donor." She admitted. She stood up, taking off her shirt to reveal at tank top. She lightly moved the shirt down and her bra, not exposing as much cleavage but showing the scar on her. "I really cannot thank your brother enough..." She mentioned, not moving the shirt. "You can touch if you want..." She whispered.

The thought of his brother's heart going to someone who was making the most of it really made him feel a lot better. He could tell immediately that Tara cherished it and that made the whole incident from earlier seem really irrelevant. He knew Derek would be happy to know he got to meet her, too.

Once he got that burden off of his chest, he watched Tara take off her shirt. He was a little confused at first, but then it became more clear when she pulled down her tank top and bra a bit to expose the scar. Evan took a good look at it and then stepped forward. He reached out and gently brushed his fingertips over the length of the scar, looking into Tara's eyes as he did.

"I'm glad Derek helped someone like you," he whispered, pulling his hand back to let both of them come to rest on her hips. He pressed his forehead against hers and drew his body in closer. "I'm sorry I overreacted earlier. Forgive me?"

As he touched her scar, she couldn't explain what it was like. It was overwhelming. She wondered if he would want to listen to her heart beat. To hear his brother's heart beating once again. She pulled her tank top up after, then looking to him as he placed his hands on her hips. She looked up to him as he rested his forehead against hers. "Of course." She whispered, moving her arms around him and hugging him. She inhaled deeply, just letting this moment between them sink in. "I am sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I was afraid that you would hate me." She added, hugging him close and running her hands up his back.

"I know. I don't blame you. I really don't," he assured her, his hands working their way up her sides. He held her close but pulled his forehead from hers so he could properly look into her eyes. Evan gave her a faint smile, wanting her to know that he harbored no hard feelings and if anyone was in the wrong for their behavior, it was him.

He closed his eyes and leaned in, his lips finding hers for a tender, short-lived kiss. He wanted to gauge her reaction more than anything. Before he got a chance to tell if she'd liked it or not, he eased his head down just a bit lower and then stopped. "May I?" he asked before letting his ear press against her chest to hear her heartbeat. He just needed to hear it. Just hearing it beat would make everything seem more real and complete to him.

Their eyes locked as their foreheads rested against each other. She looked into his eyes as he dipped his head down and captured her lips in a sweet kiss. His kiss was tender and sweet, leaving Tara wanting more. As he pulled away, she slowly opened her eyes again. She didn't respond to him because she was unsure of what he wanted. But as he pressed his head against her chest, she knew what he wanted. She closed her eyes, hoping that he could hear the heart beating. She lightly placed a hand on the back of his head, breathing slowly. This is something she could have never imagined but it was happening. Tara was just glad that Evan didn't hate her anymore. "I wish I could have met him. I wish it didn't have to be him." She admitted. It was something that haunted her for years. She always felt as though she didn't deserve to live. That his brother should have stayed alive.

Evan definitely found the whole experience soothing. Hearing the heartbeat gave him a sense of closure he desperately needed. Finally pulling back, he kissed the spot over her heart and then stood with his body pressed against her. There was such a flurry of different emotions, he was having trouble keeping them all in check. "I wish it wasn't him too, but I'm glad it was you. I'm glad it was you he saved," he whispered, his hands moving to her hips.

He looked into her eyes again and couldn't help but bring his lips back to her own. He was attracted to Tara in a multitude of ways and he wanted her to know exactly how he felt.

She would allow him to listen as long as he needed. She found it comforting as well. They shared a special bond that honestly couldn't be explained. It was very special but also unique in itself. She was rather glad that she told Evan this early. What would have happened if she waited? He probably would have hated her. It would have been worse if they had fallen in love. That probably would have meant that he would have never loved her again or who knew. Once he pulled back, she smiled gently. "I cannot thank him enough. I have done so much because of him. It is really a blessing." She told him. Their lips connected again and they shared a deep, passionate kiss as she held him close. Her hands wrapped around his back and pulled him into the kiss a bit more. Things seemed to be happening so fast but it really felt right...

After a very long, passionate kiss, Evan pulled back from Tara's lips and found her eyes. He was awestruck by how great of a kisser she was and how connected he felt to her in those moments leading up to the kiss. "I'm sorry if I'm coming off too forward, but I feel so close to you...especially now. Does that make me sound ridiculous?" he asked, not wanting to come across as crazy for her heart being part of the reason he was drawn to her. Evan had always been the type to take what he wanted and sometimes women found that intimidating. He hoped Tara wasn't one of them.

After they pulled away, Tara had to inhale a deep breath as she had pretty much forgotten to breath. He was a great kisser, fantastic even. She stayed in his arms, looking up to him. A smile formed on her lips and she shook her head. "Not at all. I mean, we share something really unique and special. It is hard to explain." She whispered to him. "I do feel close and I am just glad this is working out. Although, I never thought it would be in this way." She replied, laughing and smiling a bit. "But it is nice." She added, moving in and kissing him tenderly before pulling back.

It seemed there relationship had progressed very quickly, but in terms of everything they'd been through in such a short time, it seemed warranted. When she kissed him again, Evan pressed his body into her own. As she pulled back, he leaned in and sent a trail of soft kisses down the length of her neck, his body warming to her more and more by the second. It was crystal clear that he wanted her, but he wasn't entirely sure how far he should take things. The last thing he wanted to do was complicate their relationship.

Evan's hands moved from Tara's hips up her sides. She'd be able to feel the fact that she'd made him hard, his erection pressing firmly against her thigh. He nibbled his way up to her earlobe, his breath hot against her flesh.

As he kissed her again, she noticed his grip was much tighter on her. She inhaled a sharp breath as his lips started trailing onto her neck. Oh it felt so good! But she could tell that things were progressing much....much faster than she really wanted. She felt his hard bulge against her and she lightly pulled away from him, very gently pushing her hands against his chest. "Evan..this is a little too fast." She whispered to him. She was probably going to be laughed at for this... "I am a virgin...so I am kind of not wanting to go there just yet..." Tara replied, glancing up to him. What would he say? Break up with her right then and there?

Evan was looking for a signal and he got it in the form of Tara stopping him. He wasn't embarrassed or even ashamed of what he'd did. He just felt the connection and was going with it, but he had no problem stopping for her. He nodded and placed his hands on her shoulders. "I'm sorry. We were moving a little fast. I shouldn't have taken it that far." He stepped back and ran a hand through his hair nervously, not really knowing where to go from there. He took a deep breath and thought for a moment, wanting to break the awkward silence as quickly as possible.

"Um, while you're here, do you want to just watch a movie or something? No funny business, I promise," he said, flashing her a half smile, hoping she wouldn't hold his forwardness against him.

"I am sorry." She whispered. "I really do like you, I just don't want to take things this far this quickly." She added, smiling to him. As he stepped back, she felt rather bad. Should Tara have just gone along with it? Maybe... "A movie sounds nice." She replied. "Or we could go back to my place for a movie if you want?" She asked. "But since we are already here, might as well." She added, heading over to the small couch and taking a seat, She adjusted, then pulling up her tank top a bit more since it was falling down.

Evan headed over to the couch as well and took a seat beside her. He turned on HBO, figuring they could just watch whatever overplayed movie was on at the time. He turned to her and placed his hand in her own, giving it a squeeze. Letting out a sigh, he looked into her eyes. "Full disclosure, Tara...I'm a virgin, too. It's not something I usually come out and say, but I trust you not to make a big deal out of it," he said softly.

Tara felt his hand on hers, her smiling before he spoke. When he made his admission, she looked to him. "Really?" She asked. Perhaps he was afraid of people giving him heat for it. But she really liked that he admitted it to her. She smiled before kissing his lips softly. "I like the fact that you are a virgin. It makes me feel less scared." She admitted. She squeezed his hand as well. "I won't tell anyone but I am sure we won't be virgins for long." She admitted. They would have sex eventually.

"I appreciate that, Tara. Thanks," he said, smiling before giving her another kiss. It wasn't exactly the type of information he wanted circulating around the locker room. He knew how rookies were treated in general and hearing about him being a virgin would just add fuel to the fire. When she said they wouldn't be virgins for long, he couldn't help but grin. It made him feel less awkward about how he'd handled things earlier.

"That sounds good to me," he said softly, letting his body rest against her own as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. It felt good to just spend time with her in that moment without any more unnecessary drama. It wasn't his brother or the team or anything else getting in the way. It was just the two of them.

Tara smiled and then cuddled into him gently. It was some movie she had never seen before but it had already started so they were watching halfway in or so. "So you think you can handle me being there with you guys every day? Speaking of that...I really have to talk to my boss I mean, I am not sure how we can sneak around without someone noticing and I would not want to get fired.." She told him. Then they wouldn't see each other as often. But they had a while before they really had to announce it. At month at least.

"I can handle it. I mean, I pitch every 5 games if they put me in the starting rotation, so aside from bullpen sessions, it's not like I'm out there playing everyday. Plus, you handle yourself professionally and I'll do the same. We don't have to have it become this overblown thing. It wouldn't be the first time a player has dated someone from the press and it won't be the last time. Just talk to your boss and if you can get the okay, great. If not, I'm not really sure what we do. The last thing I'd want is for you to put your job in jeopardy just to date me," he said, looking into her eyes, not really even acknowledging the TV.

Back
Top Bottom