Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Alpha and Omega (SilverDreamer x JacksAreWild)

Sasha wanted to guzzle down her alcohol and then go stumble off to her bedroom to hide. Tonight was definitely taking it’s toll on her with all of it’s swiftly changing moments. She was going between terror of the barmaid to lust for Azura over and over again. It was starting to become quite confusing! And she was afraid that perhaps the two emotions would bleed together and then she’d be terrifiedly lusting after the barmaid.

”Oh dear Goddess…” She had seen Azura naked before, they had gone swimming in the river a couple of times naked after all. But now it was different, not she didn’t have freezing temperatures burning her skin so that she couldn’t enjoy the view. And now she was drunk, so her ‘enjoying the view’ was not as subtle as it usually was as she admired the bite marks on the Alpha’s regal neck, and the glorious little bit of cleavage that she would gladly bury her face in and worship for the next five hours if she were allowed to…

“Uh huh.” Obviously a little more than distracted, she looked down at her plate before she was slapped across the face for staring places that she should not be. Sasha was sttaarrvvviinnnggg, and despite her urge to wolf down her food, she knew that she better savor it, because such cooking would not happen again for about a week until they reached the next town. The potatoes were good, but they were potatoes and hard to mess up anyways. But the steak was delicious! Tender and juicy with only salt and pepper on it to amplify the natural taste rather than conceal it, she was sad when it was gone. But she felt better now with food in her belly. “Dessert sounds like a good idea.” Sasha nodded and followed after Azura to turn in her plate and then sit back down at the table. The two enjoyed some light conversation before the waitress appeared again, ready to read off the dessert menu.

“The tender said you’re both interested in some desserts?” She smiled, her green eyes taking in Sasha once again.

The guard nodded. The motion caused her hair to unsettle a little bit and reveal something white in the brown tresses.

“Hold still, you have some down in your hair.” The maid reached up to get rid of the feather that the brunette must have gotten into her hair from one of the inn’s goose-down pillows. When the other woman tilted her head into her touch, she let her hand linger for longer than she probably should with a customer. But the brunette’s companion did not seem to mind and found the whole situation amusing, so the barmaid continued on. “You like that, hmm?” The maid chuckled, running her fingers through Sasha’s hair, taking care to rake her nails along the other girl’s scalp and grinning because the werewolf looked like she was about to melt into a puddle of bliss. She leaned down, whispering softly into the were’s ear. “I’ll gladly ‘pet’ a few other areas if you wish for it later tonight…”

Sasha’s eyes had fluttered shut as she enjoyed the feeling of fingers through her hair. But as relaxed as she had been two seconds ago, the offer of a ‘petting’ in spots that were surely private made her blue eyes snap open. Azura probably caught her look of alarm, but thankfully the maid’s head was still next to her ear so that she did not see Sasha’s startled gaze. ”AHHHHH!!! Sasha was screaming inside of her own skull, unsure of what to say. For a moment she wished that she was more experienced sexually, perhaps then she’d have a better handle on this situation. But right now, it felt as though it were spiraling out of her control. ”Get out here and help me you treacherous beast!!!” Sasha cried out to her wolf, reminding it of the challenge, of the dare, of their pride, anything that she could think of to make her primal urges come out and guide her. Why did her wolf only seek to say and do inappropriate things to Azura and not to anyone else?!

“We shall see… But for now you must behave infront of my charge, it is not fitting for me to flirt with you so blatantly.” Sasha murmured once she had found a little bit of courage. She knew that Azura and any other werewolf in the building could probably hear her words so she didn’t even know why she bothered. But the human had created this sort of intimate whispering moment, and Sasha found herself trapped in it. She turned her head, gave the maid’s cheek a light headbutt to send her on her way. Before she got too far however, she nipped at the girl’s neck, and though she easily could have done it hard enough to leave a mark, she was very careful not to. All she wanted to do was assert herself as the dominant one. That if anything happened tonight, it would be on her terms, not the maid’s. And while Sasha appreciated the flirting, she was the one in charge.

“As you wish.” The waitress purred sweetly and straightened herself up once more. And then she picked up as though nothing at all had happened. “Now…for desserts. We have rice pudding and apple tart.”

“I’ll have the apple tart, please.” Sasha reached for her ale and took a gulp, hoping that a little more alcohol would calm her stirred-up nerves. She really needed to see if she could alter the wager of their dart game. That way she could make Azura suffer as much as she was suffering right now.

"Just one more game, this will be the last game. Then leave the maid and my...no..our...NO! leave the maid and the guard up to what ever trouble they can find. Yes, best idea, everyone in good hands then."She was starting to feel the true affects of the mead herself. She could hear her sentences breaking down into the simplest of forms.

Her eyes landed on Sasha's not too discreet stare and she wondered how Sasha would feel with her glass of water tipped over her head while she was too busy watching to actually be listening. It was such a male act that for a moment Azura wondered if she should kick her under the table before deciding that was certainly a very bad idea.

If that had been a bad idea then the thoughts that crossed her mind while the maid began to stroke her fingers through the dark strands of her hair. Her soft almost gooey voice and the way she simply offered herself as if she were too a piece of steak on a plate certainly were not honourable ones. "It is your own doing.." "I know..I KNOW!" She inwardly sighed and kept that amused grin on her lips, faked the chuckles that came form her mouth at Sasha's distress and then had to freeze her body in place as the human submitted to Sasha. So brazenly, so swiftly. Did she have no self respect..no spine?

She exhaled slowly and bit down on her bottom lip when she was certain her face was going to crack. "The apple tart please with cream if you have any." She kept her voice even and once the maid was gone Azura fought the urge to glare at Sasha for her reactions to the woman.

This was getting complicated, confusing and at this rate damned dangerous. "Let's finish this game while we are waiting for our deserts shall we." She rose to her feet and walked back to the dart board. Her movements this time were a little tighter, a little more straighter rather than relaxed. With a huff she pulled out the darts from the board and held them until Sasha was ready to take her turn. "I think after this game and dessert we should ..get to our rooms and sleep the night through."

“I’m glad my misfortune amuses you.” Sasha murmured after the maid had left, commenting on how Azura had chuckled at the look of terror and ‘help me I don’t know what the hell I’m doing’ she had given off moments ago. Even though she knew that the human was human and she was a werewolf, it still hadn’t clicked that she was most definitely faster and stronger than the barmaid; so she had been hoping that Azura would take pity on her and protect her. Limited experience made her feel helpless and vulnerable with this stranger. Plus the maid’s larger stature was tricking her drunken mind into thinking that she was an actual threat at this point, one that she was incapable of slipping away from.

“Alright.” Sasha seemed to perk up at the prospect of continuing their game. She stood up and followed after Azura, swaying slightly the whole way over to the dart board. Her lips pursed together in a frown at the mention of going to her own room and going to bed after this game. She didn’t want to sleep alone… She had already spent the previous night without Azura, having kept watch outside of the tent, she didn’t want to spend another one without her. The way the Alpha felt in her arms was perfect…as though she had been made specifically for Sasha.

“Aw, is my company so horrible that you wish to leave me all by my lonesome to be preyed upon by a scary maid?” Sasha tried to appear wounded that her Alpha would want to go off to bed so early. (Was it early? Or was it late and she was so drunk and she had lost track of time…) But she could not maintain the act for long, something about being in Azura’s presence always made her smile, scary people around or no. “I like spending time with you…” The brunette said, still missing a filter, and still saying whatever was the first thing that popped into her mind, whether it was appropriate or not. Sasha then seemed to remember that she had darts in her hand and should probably go shoot them. She brushed past Azura and took her spot behind the line. Though, before she threw the darts, she looked over her shoulder at the other girl.

“Hmm…since this is to be our last game together, how about we increase the stakes to make it a little more interesting?” The brunette threw a challenging grin her friend’s way. “Or have you grown scared that you’re about to be get beaten and prefer the safe bet of merely drinking your pint?”

At least Sasha could not read Azura easily and truly believed she was as amused as she seemed to appear. That was for the best also especially the way Sasha was talking. She was one honest comment away from giving Sasha what she clearly wanted, what they both wanted and Azura had to admit the only element that was keeping her from doing so was the fact that they were in a public place. A public place though that was becoming more and more quiet. She had been too distracted by Sasha and her inner turmoil to notice that the crowds were thinning. People were either leaving before the storm got too bad, to go home or were heading to their own rooms. The laughter and talking now was fading to whispered words and low chuckles. There was now only five people left and soon that number would dwindle even further. Yet another reason to be honourable in body if not in mind would soon no longer be a cause. Inwardly the wolf side of her nature grinned.

At Sasha's remark about Azura not enjoying her company that at least made her chuckle. "Yes, it be the kicking and punching you inflict on me in my sleep that makes me crave a second night of peace." In fact and truth Sasha had not kicked her, pushed her or struck her in anyway in her slumber. Instead her arms had settled around her in an affectionate and protective cocoon between her and the world beyond the tent. She tangled their legs up together and Azura at times could not move without Sasha moving with her as if some how by instinct or subconscious Sasha knew or perhaps the wolf side of her knew she had done so. Azura had despite moving further away from home, had over the week looked forward to what had become Sasha;s night time ritual. She suspected even if Sasha was bound before she fell asleep she would still work her way to embrace Azura in her sleep.

It was the next sentence that was almost Azura's undoing, she started to walk towards Sasha, her hands lifted for them to be placed on Sasha's hips but the challenging tone that entered Sasha;s voice with her comment about the game thankfully made her pause in step. A vital pause and for now her mind was distracted enough. "I doubt you could come up with a dare enough to scare me...especially seen as the maid makes you so nervous you wish to hide behind me even though you are meant to be guarding me."

“Hey I warned you that I’m very active when I sleep.” Sasha mock-pouted. She didn’t really know what happened in the time between her going to sleep on the edge of her mat and her ending up tangled in Azura’s body. For all she knew she could have indeed been kicking at her friend while she slept. But…every night she had slept before Azura, Sasha had always woken up tired, as though she had been running a marathon in her dreams. But as long as the Alpha was tucked protectively in her arms, she didn’t experience such visions in her sleep. So she assumed that she lay quite still with Azura and her friend was only teasing about the nighttime attacks.

“I am guarding you! Look, you haven’t a scratch anywhere. I make the perfect protector!” Sasha chuckled, ignoring the first half of Azura's statement because the maid did indeed make her incredibly nervous. But! Even despite her nerves, Azura was unharmed! Her skin was not marred with cuts or scrapes...though it was marred with several bite marks and hickeys... "Hmmm…the lack of scratches on Azura's body could be remedied…" An image of the two of them in their wolfs’ forms flashed into her mind, the pair of them clawing at eachother’s backs as Sasha plunged into Azura’s warm, welcoming heat for the first time… She shivered and tried to banish the thought from her mind's eye. Such things were incredibly unlikely to ever happened. They hadn’t even kissed!!

”A kiss…” Yes, a kiss. That was what she wanted for her wager to be! The young guard grinned, quite happy with her plan, and moved closer to her friend. At least she had the presence of mind to get closer to lean in, and whisper into her ear as softly as possible into Azura's ear rather than loudly vocalize her wager.

“I would like a kiss from you if I win...” The young guard murmured, so low that it was barely audible. Her blue eyes flicked around the room, no one seemed to be paying them any mind and the maid was nowhere to be seen. So she took the liberty of playfully nipping at Azura’s earlobe before she pulled away, a grin on her lips because she figured that that would be an adequately scary bet. At least, it always had been when her guard friends had done it to her... Wagers that involved Sasha kissing her comrades had always given her the strength to win whatever game they were playing at in order to not have to pay the wager. Though, it would be working in reverse this time, because she desperately did want to pull Azura in for a deep, heated kiss. It was everything she could do to keep from reaching out and molding their bodies together...so she took a step backwards, away from Azura, and breathed a little easier now that there was a little distance between them once more.

“What do you wish of me if you win?”

Azura smirked at Sasha's words and then chuckled at her comment about there being not a single scratch on her. Which was true...right now at least but the guard had certainly not left her and kept mark free entirely. Azura raised an eyebrow out of curiosity as she noticed Sasha seemingly shiver though she had no idea what was the cause of it. As Sasha drew near Azura had to fight the urge to step backwards to try and keep that element of space between them. She knew everything she felt only intensified and was far harder to ignore the closer Sasha was.

Yet Sasha seemed intent on pushing Azura to the very limit of her ability to behave. She remembered only just at the last moment to not breathe in the woman's scent but the words that came from her friends mouth caused her eyes to widen and her jaw to drop slightly. She should of seen it coming of course. She should of been able to predict that with the way Sasha seemed to have forgotten how to speak without saying exactly what she was thinking. Thankfully Azura at least remained innocent to what else was going through Sasha's mind.

The problem with Sasha's payment was that Azura did not find it scary at all. She wanted to kiss Sasha, she wanted to know how it would feel with their lips pressed against each others, how Sasha's lips tasted, were they soft and moist? Or firm and tender? Her eyes dropped a moment to take in those lips and she swallowed deeply as she fought the urge to simply make the payment there and then. Thankfully Sasha stepped backwards and Azura could breathe properly once more. "Deal." She forced the short and simple word out of her mouth with no further consideration until Sasha asked what her payment would be.

She had to pick something equal to a kiss. Something that would truly get to Sasha's instincts. She considered the query for several minutes as her mind weaved through a variety of possibilities. She then took the darts and made her throw as she continued to over think. This time she managed to get a bulls eye , by sheer luck, a double ten and a nine. It was then her answer came to her. Above else what did she want from Sasha..and then she smiled.

"My request from you is this, should I win..and you do not have to settle it tonight or tomorrow..but before we arrive in Darcia. You shall show me your wolf form because I want to see it and after what I saw earlier and the other night...you will be a beautiful wolf I am sure."

Her payment placed she walked tot he dart board and removed them smoothly before she returned to Sasha and held them out to her with a grin.

Sasha went ahead and took her turn while Azura thought about what she would like her wager to be. The young guard was feeling pretty good! After nailing a nineteen, a sixteen, and a seven, her score was doing pretty good as well! All she had to do was win this game, then she could collect her winnings from those lips that had tempted her for the past week! And then…and then…and then Azura was going to shoot her spirits out of the sky by wagering something horrible like revealing her wolf’s full form.

“M-my w-wolf’s form?” Sasha stammered out, her face falling. Really? Azura wanted to see that?! Sasha gulped, then gave a nervous chuckle, trying to recompose herself. “Oh you don’t want to see that thing…it’s just a mangy ol’ mutt. Nothing to see…”

”Grrrrrrrr.” Well you are, you have dog-breath, no one wants to be around that. ”I do not like to speak with you when you are drunk. You are more stupid than usual.”

Sasha tried to calm her wolf’s wounded pride by assuring it that it was quite handsome. And indeed, her white wolf was very nice to look at, sleek and powerful, with fur as white as pure snow and bright blue eyes… She just wished that it came with a slit instead of a sheath between the legs…

She quietly wished that Azura would change the terms of her bet, but it appeared that there would be no convincing her friend to change anything. So all the young guard could do was hand off the darts and pray that she won this game so that she wouldn’t have to show Azura anything. Her next few shots were marvelous! It didn’t take her long to rack up enough points to get to 400. But the problem was that last damn point…it was like the wedge that the number one occupied was content to mock her. And the more times she tried to hit one, the more nervous she got, to the point that her hands were trembling slightly from nerves. The only consolation was that she managed to keep her darts in the board so that she didn’t have to go through with any other bets.

Sasha took the loss in stride, resolving that if she did have to show Azura her wolf form, she would do it right before the gates of Darcia and then run off back home with her tail between her legs before the Alpha could burst into laughter. So she smiled and grabbed her mug, raising her glass to Azura before she polished off the last of the alcohol in an attempt to calm her rattling nerves.

“Good game Azura.” Ohhhh that last bit of ale had not been a good choice, because now there were two copies of Azura and the floor was moving. Or was she the one that was moving?

Azura was surprised by the reaction, the honest reaction Sasha had given when she realized what Azura's payment would be. She seemed simply heartbroken. Azura found the fact strange. Surely Sasha would be able to control her form while it was merely the two of them. Perhaps she could not truly shift form and was one of their kind who merely managed to change into a mixture of female human and wolf creature. Azura had heard of such happen and perhaps that was why Sasha seemed to cringe at the mere thought of Azura seeing her.

Azura's game was pretty poor and the progress was damningly slow. Sasha had raced ahead once she had got past the two hundred point threshold while Azura simply never quite could get the high points. Either way though it appeared that Sasha was going to get that kiss she seemed intent upon having until she reached that last point. The segment even to Azura seemed to just move around the board out of Sasha's way and refused to give Sasha that one vital point. It gave Azura the chance to catch up and finally win the final game.

She could tell though that Sasha was disappointed and clearly beyond drunk. They both were and the room seemed to spin slightly. Finally the maid called out that their puddings were ready and Azura moved carefully towards the table in hopes she did not end up stumbling and knocking the table and desert over. "Indeed it was..you did very well Sasha. Almost a shame you could not get that one point."

She sat at the table and stared at the pudding before her. The scent of apple, cinnamon and the cream made her mouth water. The closeness of being able to escape Sasha, her scent , the torment and finally sleep peacefully made her rush the last part of the meal. The tart was sweet without being too sour and the cream gave it just the right touch of smoothness. Azura put her money on the table once she had finished and looked to Sasha carefully. "Do you wish for me to..let you be or take you in your room?" She shook her head slightly , that was not what she meant, well she did but she had not actually intended to say it. "I mean to your room."

Some how she managed to get to the table without stumbling and falling, though she did have a more prominent sway in her step than before. Once she plopped down into her seat, she was able to get her apple tart into her mouth without getting crumbs or sweetened filling all over her dress! Eating that little bit of food made her vision a tad less blurry, at least now there was only one Azura instead of two. One Azura that she very much wanted to bring up to her bedroom so that she could do unspeakable things to her… Although Sasha lacked any experience, she had a wonderfully vivid and creative imagination.

The guard felt her pulse quicken at Azura’s proposition of taking her in her room. Even though it had been a simple mistake in the sentence structure, it was enough to rile her up, her pupils beginning to dilate. Perhaps one of the greatest reasons that she wanted to make love to Azura was because she wasn’t like other girls. She was strong, challenging, even in her drunken state she had said ‘take you’ not ‘you take me’. Many of Sasha’s fantasies involved her claiming Azura, but it was thrilling to think of it occuring the other way around.

“Hah! I don’t need an escort. I’m fine, truly. You worry too much” She was the guard here! She’d be the one helping Azura up to her room, not the other way around! “But I’d be perfectly happy to accompany to your room…er…just ah…drop you off at your door…not inside. Come on, I’m not even that drunk.” Sasha smiled drunkenly and then moved to stand to prove her point. Though all she proved was how obliterated she was. She forgot entirely that she was wearing a dress and ended up getting her boot caught on the skirt, sending her toppling over onto the floor before she could even stand up to her full height from her chair. “Oof!” She grunted as she hit the cold floor.

“I think…I’m just going to lay here…the floor keeps moving.” Sasha giggled, apparently unharmed and finding the whole thing funny. Hah! The floor was moving! That was silly… “This was a very pretty dress you made for me Azura, it just seems to be a bit of a death trap.”

Azura did not wish to think about how they must of appeared to others. This time the maid had not hung around very long and was either in a rush to get cleaned up in case Sasha should call upon her or had fully realized that Sasha was certainly not going to be in any fit state other than to collapse in her bed ..if she got that far.

Azura simply leaned back ever so slightly as Sasha proclaimed she worried too much and that she was not that drunk. Azura watched with one eyebrow rather crookedly arched as Sasha rose to her feet..or at least attempted to and then fell down to the ground. Azura merely at first leaned around the table and stared at Sasha in silence for several minutes. She could not actually explain in that moment why she knew in her heart of hearts that what ever her future held, what ever lay ahead with Lazarus. Some how in the last week she had fallen in love with Sasha. It was not a mere crush, not mere fantasies and certainly no longer her emotionally clinging to the one person of home. No, it was love, the love in which someone saw all the flaws in a person and loved them all the more. She felt her heart race and sighed quietly as she also felt it shatter. Love it may be..but mates..they could never be.

Before she allowed her emotions to run away with themselves she pushed herself to her feet and bent over to help Sasha get back up. "I think the death trap is the drunk female within it...not the dress itself. " Her voice was oddly serious for the light words she used. Carefully she guided both herself and Sasha through the minefield of tables and up the stairs. It was surprisingly slow going and the stairs at times seemed to grow higher or shrink at their own will but finally the pair got to the top without falling back down again. "Let's get you to your bed. We have a early start tomorrow."

She whispered the woods faintly as she gently pushed Sasha ahead of her, propped her against the door frame, opened her door and then guided her into the room. The room had chilled drastically compared to earlier on. While she left Sasha for a moment once more positioned carefully against one wall, she closed the window and pulled Sasha's blankets so that Sasha could pull them over her once she was settled.

She was about to bid good night, she knew staying here while Sasha undressed was unwise, even unwiser to offer to help her.She was going to wish her sweet dreams and walk out..she was going to be honourable..she was going to leave Sasha alone..She WAS! Yet some where between walking away from the bed and towards the door, her course changed and she found herself walking directly towards Sasha. She found her hands upon Sasha's shoulders as they gently pinned the drunken wolf to the wall. She leaned in close, drunken blue looking intently into glazed silver. "I ...need to do this...I need to know.." She whispered faintly as she slid her right hand up along Sasha;s bare neck, her nails still extended and sharper than normal, scraped through the strands and scritched the scalp gently. Her lips settled upon Sasha's own gently, tentatively as if Sasha had been a delicate flower, she delivered several kisses along he lips before she focused her attention on turning the kisses into one. Her lips moved gently against Sasha own, while inwardly she craved to deepen it, to hungrily claim them so Sasha would never want to kiss anyone again, she stopped herself when she felt the urge to taste Sasha's properly.

She tilted her head back and growled quietly in frustration. "Damn being honourable." She cursed under her breath and as quickly as she had captured Sasha she released her and walked out of the room, closing the door in her wake.

“I have no idea what you are talking about. I am the epitome of grace and non-death-trappy things!” Another laugh and then Sasha found her entire world lurching upwards as Azura helped her to her feet. The young guard leaned heavily onto her friend, draping an arm about her shoulder to help steady herself. For whatever reason, her legs did not want to obey her and Sasha was finding it very hard to move on her own. “Aw come on…I found my comfy spot and everything…” She cast a sad look goodbye down to the piece of floor she had just been laying on. Even though the, cold, hard, wooden floor had been incredible comfortable for that moment, it would never hold a candle to the spot she had when she was nestled behind Azura! The other female had the perfect body shape... And her scent was so soothing… Well, now it was not soothing at all! Now it was maddening, teasing in it’s lightness. All Sasha wanted to do was bury her face into Azura’s neck and get lost in the familiarity of her scent. And perhaps spend all night kissing and nuzzling said neck…

“Bed? But I’m not tired…” Sasha tried to protest, tried to turn around, but her body was bound to obey Azura’s herding of her towards her room. The truth was, she was absolutely exhausted, her eyelids were hard to keep drooping and all her body wanted was a nice warm bed. But she didn’t want Azura to go, she just wanted to spend more time with the other female…all the time she possibly could, because she knew that in three weeks she would lose the woman she loved forever to some jerk that was only getting the privilege to mate with Azura because of his stupid birthright. Her eyes prickled with sadness. She was glad when they entered her room, the cold air and slight breeze made the tears dry up before any could fall. And the chill helped her focus her attention away from missing someone that was not even gone yet. She needed to say something to convince Azura to stay with her tonight... They didn’t even need to make love, didn’t even need to kiss, all Sasha wanted was to be able to hold her in her arms and protect her. But her brain could not form proper words on its own. Her brow furrowed slightly as she leaned heavily against the wall while Azura closed the window, trying to grasp at something, anything to say.

“What do you need to know…?” Sasha whispered, distracted by Azura speaking. Her drunken gaze took on a look of confusion for a moment as the Alpha approached her. Her sluggish mind couldn’t understand what Azura could possibly need to know. If her friend ever had a question, she need only ask and Sasha would answer her truthfully.

“Azuraahhhh…” A soft moan snuck past her lips before she could even stop it. She whimpered softly, her head tilting back into nails that pleasantly scritched at her scalp. The way Azura touched her…it was nothing short of perfect. It made her knees tremble and she was incredibly glad that she was pressed up against the wall right now, because she would've fallen to the floor without it. Her heart felt like it was going to pound right out of her chest as she stared into those gorgeous silver eyes…which seemed to be coming closer to her. Why were they coming closer...?

The first brush of petal-soft lips against her own made her blue eyes flutter closed. She held still, it felt as though Azura wanted to explore, and so she allowed the Alpha all the time she needed to pepper several soft kisses against her slightly parted lips. When those soft kisses turned into one magnificent one, Sasha finally moved. Her hands came up, gently running along Azura’s sides and then moving to encircle her waist, her mouth opened slightly, tongue ready to begin searching for Azura’s own… And then she was gone!!

Sasha nearly fell over as she was released, her brow furrowed in confusion. Had she done something wrong? What the hell just happened??!?! Before she could question Azura, the female was out the door! The guard needed to pursue her. But first she needed to get out of this snare trap of a dress. It was too hard to walk in it, she’d never make it next door to Azura’s room. Hell, she barely made it across her own room, and ended up toppling straight into her bed. For a moment she struggled with the fabric of the dress, trying to get it off. But after a couple of moments of wriggling about, her eyelids grew too heavy and she fell into a deep, drunken sleep.

---

Faster…it needed to run faster. There was so little time left…

The white wolf tore through the endless forests that it had run through for years. Branches scratched its face and body, its lungs ached and burned, but it didn’t slow down. It couldn’t slow down… This was too important. It had always been looking, searching, but to no avail.

For a long time it had never known what exactly it was looking for… Initially it had just liked to run, enjoying the freedom that the forest provided...

But now it knew. It needed to find the auburn furred wolf. It needed to find its lifemate before she was lost to another…

---

"Mmmpnnngh..." Sasha groaned as she woke up the next morning, feeling like she had spent the entire night running drills with the other guards. Bleary eyes opened, only to immediately shut as soon as the harsh daylight hit them. Her head was killing her. She whimpered softly, drew the blanket over her head, and then tried to go back to sleep, too hungover to even bother wondering why the hell she was tangled up in a silver dress.

Unknown to Sasha, had she simply followed Azura rather than battled the grey dress she would of found Azura stood on the opposite side of the door. She had even turned around and peered at the wooden as if she could see through it and to what was happening within. Moments passed but she remained as if expected or hoped Sasha to follow. In truth she had curled her toes into the wood and her hands were clenched as she fought the urge to simply walk back in. She had forced her body to stillness until she felt it was safe for her to move to her room rather than where instinct told her to go. Ten minutes past and finally she felt able to exhale and slowly walked the few steps to her own room. She walked in, closed the door and then made sure it was locked.

She put the key in a jar on the mantel piece and added wood to the fire that only burned dimly. She craved heat, wanted to make her room warm so that she would not miss the heat that radiated from Sasha's body when she enveloped her in her sleep. She looked to the window as she changed into her night time garments. Finally as comfortable as she was going to be she opened the curtain to watch the heavy snow falling. It fell now in large, thick and clinging flakes. The paths of the town were hidden under amass of snow. Candle ans fires burned through the night as people kept their rooms warm. The sky was thick and heavy with snow and she knew the sky had hours of snow yet to be unleashed. Finally she went to bed and slept and dreamed.

There was some believe that the unconscious mind gave the subconscious part of the mind time to reveal itself. That perhaps was even more true with her kind when if often fellas if she had double the consciousness to sort through, double the thoughts and feelings. Sometimes she did wonder if she was actually developing a multi personality. Yet she knew her wolf and human side had the same desires and designs as each other. There was simply a great deal of difference in how they achieved such. The wolf side lacked all of the moral constraints of the human side. It cared not a drot for politics but it also to some extent understood the definite bonuses that such games could be completed and survival guaranteed without blood shed though it lacked the intensity of a fight and certainty lacked the satisfaction of one. The politics were the way the human side of such races had learned to interact beyond the nights of their wolf forms. A way to live together and continue their bloodlines. Still...the wolf was far more honest, far more aware of the inner desires the human side could be ignorant of or purely ignore.

For just over an hour Azura watched the snow fall, she watched any tracks be filled up anew and watched as the streets fell until silent and empty. It was only then did she go to her bed and only then did she curl up tightly in the blankets that were provided with the room. She made sure they enveloped her from head to toe tightly as if it was Sasha with her but that simply could not and did not compare to how it had felt with her there. The absence of the scent that had kept her awake that night is what kept her awake for a while longer before finally she submitted to slumber.

--------

That night she was stood in the tower of Lazarus's home, her lithe frame balanced upon the railing on a balcony high up in the tower that was an extension of his family home. She could see the forests that surrounded his land and the full moon was rising rapidly. There was not a single cloud in the sky and the bright light lit up the dark realm. Light and shadows came into being and int he distant she could heard many howls fill the air, she could see packs of wolves making their way through the woods, she could practically smell the sex in the air that came from various directions. Yet she remained in her human form , she could hear foot steps of some one rising up the tower. She could hear someone breathing heavily and feel a growing presence. She knew who she wanted to see when she turned, she knew also though who she expected to see. In the distance the growling and howling became snarling and fighting. She could taste blood in her mouth and felt a sharp pain along her back as if she had been stabbed.

She felt herself falling backwards, felt heat sear through her form and then felt the wind engulf her...

-------------------

She bolted awake before she could hit the ground in her sleep. She unraveled the blankets from her form and rose to her feet. She drank water from the canteens and turned her gaze back to the snow that continued to fall.

Carefully she prepared for the day ahead without trying to think about the nightmare that had seemingly shown her fate at Darcia though she knew that was simply her concern should she do what she truly wished to. What she craved and desired. It was her mind making it clear what could be.

Once she had packed up and wrapped up to continue their trip she went to Sasha's door and did not knock on it this time but simply walked in. Sasha appeared to still be sleeping and had not even made it further than her mind after the previous night. "Time to get up!" She said loudly and firmly as she closed the door behind her and readied Sasha clothing and a little to eat and drink. Seemingly what ever alcohol had done to her had passed out of her system already.

Sasha’s ears perked as the door opened and closed without her having to get up to answer it. Had she really been so drunk last night that she had left the door unlocked so that strangers could come parading through her room?! Oh Goddess…what if that stranger was the maid from last night. She cringed slightly at the thought. She was in no state to entertain anyone, let alone lusty barmaids. So she held perfectly still, behaving like a child that was hiding under the blankets, thinking she was safe from view even though the intruder could most definitely see the lump of her body outlined in the sheets. She new that it must be her charge though, Sasha had gotten to the point where she even knew that Azura’s footfalls sounded like.

“Mnnngfh…how are you still functioning?” Sasha croaked from underneath the blankets. Usually the sound of Azura’s voice made her heart flutter, but this morning it was just making her head pound. The firmness in the Alpha’s voice was what beckoned her to obey the order rather than try to convince her that a day off of traveling was in order. So, she gave a rather unlady-like grunt as she tossed the blanket from her head and moved to sit up. Her wavy brown hair was wild, her dress was tangled, and her eyelids were still heavy with sleep. With a yawn and a stretched, she headed over towards the small table in her room where Azura had laid her out a little bit of food to eat and some water to drink. Even though her stomach roiled with the thought of putting anything else in it, she knew that food was necessary in order to settle it.

“Thank you very much, Azura…” Sasha smiled, truly appreciating that Azura was coming in here to help her get ready for the morning. She probably would have just laid down in bed all day and been miserable with her hangover. But after getting the first sips and bites of food into her, she was starting to feel better and her energy was returning to her.

“Did you have fun beating me so terribly at darts last night?” She asked, her eyes looking up over to Azura’s. And then, suddenly, it dawned on her that she could not remember much of last night, especially towards the end. She was still wearing her clothes at least…not like one really had to remove much though when wearing a dress. “Er..did you…did you walk me up to my room last night?” Her brow furrowed slightly as she tried to remember, but it was like trying to remember a dream.

She smirked and then laughed at the grunt that came from the lump under the blankets. She then chuckled as she looked upon her clearly hung over companion. "In my blood I suspect." She murmured softly and tried not to stare at the rumbled woman. Even with her strands a mess and the rippled clothes Sasha looked amazing to her. She wanted to come her hair with her nails and fingers, feel her relax. "You are very welcome. I just hope you feel well as the day goes on. We have no time to waste in our journey. This weather is going to slow us down vastly."

She spoke as she had when they had first left home. Her voice was calm, businesslike and set upon the task at hand but perhaps that was merely the side affect of the night drinking.

Azura averted her gaze as Sasha spoke of the night before. She felt a tightness grip her throat before she forced herself to consider that this was the best way. If Sasha could not remember anything then she was not going to remind her. It was..."for the best.? Her wolf asked with a low growl and a fed up snarl all combined into one. "I did in fact, you seemed to enjoy the company of the maid. Your kiss with her was quite..inspirational." She managed to force the words out in that serious but slightly playful tone."I do hope you remember how sweet and tasty her tart was as you told me..but yes I did bring you up stairs before you got yourself into too much trouble."

"I shall let you get dressed alone unless you require help at all?"
"Please don't ask for help..." "Oh please do..we can remind her then of our kiss...she was drunk but still it felt ..." " SHUT UP!" "Imagine how it would of been had she know what she was doing and you gave her chance to react..." "If you do not silence yourself when the next full moon rises I am going to keep us locked in a cage!"

That final threat seemed to finally silence her inner struggle as the wolf fell quite with a hiss of anger and frustration. "I shall inform the maid you shall be coming back this way in a months time without company and too look for you then."

The young guard was a little put off by how her charge was speaking to her this morning. Even hungover, Sasha could still pick up the formalness in Azura’s tone. It stung a little bit…she was starting to think of them as friends.

”Mates, not just friends. Why would you have us settle for friends?” Because we cannot be anything else. We can’t just run around and claim whatever we want as a mate. There are rules we must obey. And it’s about time we start obeying them. ”I do not like the rules you impose upon us.” Yeah well…I don’t like them either.

“Do not worry…we will arrive in plenty of time…” Sasha could not bring herself to end the sentence in ‘to get there for your wedding’ even though she thought it. It was painfully true, Azura would have ample time to prepare for the ceremony. So fine, if the Alpha was in such a hurry to get to Darcia, Sasha would get her there as it was her job to do. “No…I do not need help getting ready, thank you.” She’d figure out how to get out of that dress on her own. They didn’t have time for any shenanigans.

Sasha continued to eat her breakfast and sip her water in silence. Only when Azura began to recount parts of last night did she give any sort of response, even then, it was not verbal. It was only her ears and cheeks, both of them turned absolutely scarlet at the mention of her encounter with the maid. ”I made a comment about the maid’s ‘tasty tart’…? That didn’t sound like her. While she was aware that she said the first thing that popped into her mind when she was drunk, such crude talk didn’t sound like something she’d say.

“I ah…I’d prefer you not tell the maid I’m coming back… I’d er…like my first time be with someone I love… And she does indeed frighten me with her forwardness... I do not like the pressure…” Sasha smiled a little sheepishly. It felt strange saying such a thing… The boys in the barracks always loved to boast of their exploits with women (the majority of which Sasha felt were much more embellished than what actually occurred). But she had grown up with this notion in the back of her mind that admitting her virginity would make her weak, (though of course, admitting to having any sex at all would make her a whore._ It was usually best to keep her mouth shut about the whole thing… But she really didn’t want Azura telling the maid that she’d be coming back, so it seemed like a good idea to confide in her friend that she had no experience.

Azura seemed to smile contentedly at the knowledge that they would arrive in Darcia in plenty of time. "That is good to know though until this weather calms I think I shall continue to worry." She would worry alright but not for what she hoped Sasha assumed would be her worry. She would worry instead that three weeks was not long enough to be with Sasha, that each night they curled up together in slumber would be limited. That she would never be able to find out what Sasha looked like in her wolf form nor would she discover what Sasha was keeping so close to her heart about that.

She nodded her head slightly as Sasha mentioned what she would prefer to happen in regards to the maid as she spoke about it being her first time Azura was far happier that she had managed to leave Sasha, the kiss and anything that could have occurred after when she did. If she had been Sasha's first, she would want her to remember. She would want it that Sasha would be unable to forget it. "In understand and shall make sure she is not informed." In truth she could understand entirely and at that moment she wished that her own ranking had been different. She would not get the chance to have her first time with someone she truly loved nor without the pressure. She looked over to Sasha and smiled gently. "I hope when your first time...does happen....it shall be with the person you love and...that it will be everything you hope it to be." She had to force the last few words out. "I shall go and pay for the room and go ready the horses while you prepare yourself."

She quickly departed so she did not end up doing something she should not and everything she longed to. She picked up her few belongings and then made her way to the bar. She paid for the rooms and what ever remained outstanding and then slowly made her way through the heavy snow. It was just above her ankles and the streets were empty except for laughing children.

She reached the stables and gave both horses a light brush down, treated them to some apples after they had been given their oats and dressed them up in warmer coats she had purchased from the stables. The chill of the nights would be colder now and she did not wish them becoming sick. As she finished she moved to Destry and stroked her strong neck gently. "I wish I could tell your Mistress everything...surely it would not be such trouble to have her as my own?" She murmured the words faintly and Destry for a moment nuzzled back before she reached forward and gently nipped Three Sock's back leg between sharp teeth, he gave a gentle kick out in turn that almost caught Azura. "Fine fine. Your point is taken!" She stared at Destry a moment before she moved to Three Socks and settled him down after the light nip while she waited for Sasha to catch up with her.

“Me too…” Sasha mumbled. She already knew who she loved, her heart had never been so sure of anything in her entire life. But she highly doubted that her first time, or any time, would be with Azura. As much as she desired and wished it, she was an Omega, and Azura was an Alpha, that was the way things were. They would never be allowed to mate, not unless they wished to risk everything they had.

”We are not purely Omega! We are Alpha!” We are ¼ Alpha, that is hardly any Alpha at all. ”It is enough to make our tail wave proudly and our ears perk towards the sky.” Even if you fancy yourself as an Alpha, I am not one. I highly doubt Azura would enjoy living off of a guard’s salary. I cannot give her the things that Lazarus can. ”What good are possessions when you have no lifemate to enjoy them with? What is the point of being a part of something great, of being a part of the pack, if we are left as only a half?” It is more complicated than that…you know it is…

“I will be down shortly.” Sasha finally spoke up before Azura left. With a soft sigh, she finished off the last of her meal and then went about the task of trying to get out of that damn dress. After struggling with it for nearly ten minutes, she was tempted to just rip the damn thing to shreds! But…remembering how hard Azura worked on it for her, she sighed and tried to get it off once more. When she slowed down and took her time, wriggling back and forth to get it over her broad torso, the fine fabric finally came off. Sasha then folded up neatly and packed it away into the bottom of one of her bags, fairly certain she’d never be wearing that thing again. She didn’t know whether or not she should be relieved or saddened by the fact.

She dressed into her guard’s uniform and then shouldered her pack so that she could leave. Sasha was very careful going down the stairs, peering about and searching for the maid from last night. Blue eyes spotted the other woman, and she made sure to rush down the stairs as soon as her back was turned. Sasha’s face was easily recognizable, but from behind, she just looked like a male guard on the short side with long hair. She managed to sneak out without drawing any attention to herself, then hurried off to the stables to meet up with Azura.

“Ah there’s my girl!” Sasha smiled and Destry immediately turned, nearly knocking Azura over, when she heard her Mistress’ voice. The percheron nickered happily and took a step towards Sasha, nuzzling at her affectionately and nipping at the guard’s uniform, as though scolding her for being away for so long and leaving her with Three Socks. “Hey! You’re going to get your drool all over my tunic!” The guard teased and batted at Destry’s nose. The mare just huffed indignantly at the mention of ‘drool’ and gave Sasha’s uniform one more nip before settling down. “I hope you’re ready for the journey ahead. It’ll be another week before we find a town for you to be properly fed in.” Sasha stroked Destry’s neck gently. She was a little nervous about continuing forward, not for her sake, but for the horses. The snow had covered all their potential food and this next leg of their journey would be hard on them.

“Just let me load up my pack and then we can head out.” Sasha offered a smile to Azura and then went to strapping her bags to Destry. Once that was taken care of, she helped Azura up onto Three Socks, though forced herself to let go of the Alpha’s hand rather than let her touch linger. She needed to be acting more like a guard, and less like a love struck pup. Then she launched herself ontop of Destry and gave the mare a gentle nudge forward so that they could be on their way.

As she nearly got thrown out of the way of Destry as Sasha entered the stables. She smiled as she watched the way the pair were with each other. Even if she had nearly been mown down by the large beast. She gave Sasha's hand a gentle squeeze in thanks as she was helped up onto Three Socks. Carefully she made her way out of the stables and out of the small town. The sound of children's laughter faded away and for a long time it was only the sound of hooves crunching into the snow that sounded from them. Azura kept fairly quiet unless something had to be said, a warning about what was ahead or or when it was found out solid ground was actually a snow filled ditch.

The next two days passed slowly to Azura, they spoke, laughed and to some extent the rapour of before had returned but there was a light tension in the air. Azura was certainly closer to being that serious and straight faced female that she had grown into. It was only of a night time, when they set up camp, when everything was quiet and the pair settled to sleep that Azura felt at her happiest. Sasha still tried to keep away from her but inevitably once she was truly asleep her body would make it's way towards Azura as if drawn by invisible thread. Arms would circle her and legs once more would entangle as if they been knotted together. It was now Azura's most loved time of the day. When she could hold onto Sasha and not feel so restrained. Her hand would at times reach up and stroke through the dark curls for almost an hour before she fell asleep. She would draw in Sasha's scent and once or twice would be carried away and placed a kiss to her neck or Sasha's temple as she whispered words she wished she could say. So deeply unconscious was Sasha, Azura was certain she would never hear or feel what Azura did to her or said.

It was drawing late into the third day of them leaving the town. The snow had finally ceased the previous day but the traveling was hard going, the horses were losing their tempers with each other and the cold seemed to be a constant niggling sensation throughout the day. Neither of the women noticed they had company, perhaps each lost in their own thoughts and certainly more focused on traveling safely, making sure the horses got enough food and were warm enough. They were tired and certainly started to ache when Azura heard a scream from both left and right. Shadows seemed to move within shadows the sound that came out terrified triggered Azura to react automatically and she had Three Socks turn to the left and into the thicker woods. The other scream had been the same fearful sound, the same cry to reach into a persons heart and make them yearn to help if they were so inclined to do so. Perhaps that is what the thieves relied on as Azura left the safety and sight of her guard, perhaps it was not helped by the restlessness of the wolf within who sought a fight if it was not going to get to vent by other means.

Azura brought Three Socks to a sudden halt and slid down from his bulk within moments before she entered a small break in the trees and found herself facing four males. These were not the bandits of before. These were hardened and life long criminals. They did not get caught out by sheer surprises as Azura attempted to turn around to bolt back up there way she had come when she realized her error she faced two others. She reached down to her hip and pulled the blade free from it's sheath before she smiled lopsidedly as if she was a little slow and had not quite realized what had happened. "Now I warn ye, there be thieves in these woods..." It drew a short derisive laugh from three of the five before each of them lunged at the exact same time.

original.jpg

Although their mornings were strained with tension and low morale due to the horrid chill, Sasha was having some very pleasant evenings. Their tent was always warm, made nice and toasty by her body becoming intertwined with Azura’s as she slept. Sometimes she’d dream of getting pet for hours or other wishful things, like the sweet words Azura would say to her if they could only be mates. And in the early morning, Sasha was always up before the Alpha, and though she didn’t trust herself to not wake her up with gentle nuzzles, Sasha would always hold her a little bit tighter and sink into the nape of her neck a little more before she’d get up and make them some breakfast.

Sasha was growing more worried as they pressed on. Although the Destry seemed fine, she knew that the percheron was just putting on a show. The large warhorse required much more food than she had been getting, and Sasha made a note in her mind to ask Azura if they could stay at the next town for an extra day. Although it would cut into their travel time, her horse collapsing in the middle of their journey would be an even greater hindrance. It was only when she heard an ear-splitting scream did her mind right itself and focus on the present rather than their future plans. Sasha put a hand on the hilt of her sword, ready to draw it and defend her charge from whatever danger lay in the woods, but Azura and Three Socks ran off before she could!

“Azura, wait!!” Sasha cried out and turned Destry around to follow her. Just as her horse took a step forward, two of the shadows around her shifted and became men. One of them threw a fake snake at the feet of Destry, expecting her to rear up and throw her rider off. But Destry was used to snakes. She merely trampled the fake thing into the snow and then kicked her hindlegs out to catch one of the thieves in the chest and send him flying. Then she charged forward, bowling over the other one and darting into the woods at Sasha’s urging.

The forest was growing more and more thick, to the point that Destry could no longer pass because all the gear that she was laden with kept getting tangled in the branches. Sasha had to leave her behind and continue on foot, running as swiftly through the woods as her feet could carry her. It was only when she caught the scent of blood in the air did her pupils dilate and a low, feral growl rumbled in her throat.

Don’t…we can’t…we can’t let her see. “You would have her die for the sake of your foolish embarrassment?!?!?!”

Usually, it never hurt when she shifted. As long as she was in agreement with her wolf, the pain of her body’s transformation never bothered her. But this time is was nothing but agony. Sasha screamed, her body lurched forward. The feeling of bones breaking and muscles reforming lit her mind up with pain as her wolf forced itself forward. By the time her paws hit the ground she had turned into a massive, white wolf with blue eyes. She was easily as big as any Alpha male in their pack, perhaps even a little bit bigger. Sleek and powerful, Sasha’s wolf form was quite handsome…if it hadn’t been covered in the tatters of a guard’s uniform anyways. Perhaps now she’d look comical, if she weren’t seething with animal rage at the moment.

The beast didn’t even bother to take the time to rip off the tatters of armor and clothing that still barely clung to it’s body. It was running as fast as it could through the brush, following the scent of Azura and blood. The large wolf burst through the treeline. There was no analyzing the situation, no planning. The wolf ran only on instinct. All it saw was it’s mate getting attacked by a gang of men. It grabbed the arm of the nearest thief that had his arm raised to Azura, biting down and then shaking it’s massive head, tossing the fool about like a rag doll before it let go, sending him screaming and flying towards a tree where he hit so hard that there was a sickening CRACK! as his skull impacted with wood.

W-what have you done…?

The wolf could feel the human part curl in upon itself. It was too fragile, too weak to handle killing in defense of their mate. Snarling and bristling the wolf moved itself in position between Azura and now five very startled looking males.

Everything after their initial movements seemed to slow down down. Azura could predict most of their plays and while they were certainly talented there was one flaw in their plan. Well a few but one became obvious. There was one man amongst them all that moved a little out of tune to the rest, a little off beat which suggested he was new to the group. After Azura had managed to avoid several slashes and blocked a few other attempts at grabbing her, she seemed to fall into a pattern and she waited three rounds before it was changed. She lifted her foot up and struck the man in his stomach, he lost his balance and in turn for a moment the groups unity broke. She heard a curse as the new being bumped into a second and the pair hit the ground. The other four were ready for such and simply tightened the circle they had formed around her. The speed of their strikes became faster as they sought it appeared to tire her out. She needed just a few seconds of vital peace and concentration to be able to summon her wolf form but that was not gifted to her.

She heard something int he distance and that slight distraction gave one man an advantage against her. She felt thin metal slip just a little against her skin through the thick covering of her clothing. She felt skin be cut and heated blood rise to the surface to mat the woolen material that made up some of her clothing. A ear piercing scream broke the heavy pants that filled the air as the men seemed certain to have their victory. Seemingly believed that Sasha was done far. "Do not harm her too much...she has far more to give than her belongings and these cold nights....it takes body heat to keep alive." She could not distinguish one man as the leader not even after one of them had broken the other wise silence between them. Azura felt a sharp pain run through her heart and for a moment all fight seemed to leave her and she could not quite feel the urge to fight back if Sasha was already gone...yet she knew Sasha would be furious if she simply gave in.

It was just as she brought up her blade and struck the mans head with it, the tip of it caught his chin and deeply which would leave a scar she was certain, she heard heavy paws hitting the ground. A smile touched her lips but that smile faded into confusion as the wolf came into sight. The wolf surely was not Sasha, the wolf was bigger than she was and bigger than many of the alpha males she knew. Had Ty followed them? It was possible though that was concerning. She could not help but wince as she watched the white wolf capture the first man, she saw the swings f it's large head and could practically taste the blood in the air. As the man's body was flung through the air and hit the tree she recognized the sound of the crack. While she had hoped the white wolf was Sasha though she could not understand how the way the hue to the eyes changed at the act proved it was. She saw the light within dim and watched as something else fully took it's place.

Since the appearance of the wolf and the brutal kill of one of their men, the thieves had fallen into still shock . Azura dropped her weapon as Sasha's wolf form stepped in between them. For a moment she reached out to gently stroke the wolf's neck but paused as she saw the shock fading in the mens eyes and revenge took it's place. She could not allow Sasha to harm her self any further and she let out a low growl of warning before she brought the shift to her form. There was no scream and the change happened and ended within seconds of it's beginning. Her large form stood besides Sasha's own and she took a step forward then another. The newest of the men seemed to decide the coin they could make was not worth the cost and bolted while two men surged towards Sasha and two towards Azura. While their arms raised up to try and thrust the blades into her form, Azura managed to stretch out long fore legs and heavy paws to swing the blades out of their hands. She heard them land and saw the men pause. They knew hands would do no damage to the broad framed wolf before them and each bowed before they followed the wisest mans lead and followed without further menace.

Sasha had not been lying when she said her wolf’s form was more wild than she would have liked it to be. The massive canine snarled and snapped, ready to tear every male apart should they be stupid enough to take another step forward. The scent of Azura’s blood was still fresh in the air and it quickly looked at each sword, trying to find the culprit that had dared harm a hair on it’s mate’s body. If Azura hadn’t shifted and batted the swords of the men away, the white wolf surely would have torn apart every single one of the thieves. But as it was, Azura managed to scare them off without any further violence, disarming the men whom immediately turned tail and ran. The wolf ran after them, only a couple steps, enough to bark and growl and make sure that they left and never came back.

Satisfied that the men would not return, the wolf turned back around to face Azura and trotted over towards her. Those blue eyes were bright with intelligence, but they lacked the playfulness that Sasha’s own always seemed to contain, probably because Sasha had retreated so far into herself to cope with having killed something that her wolf was now mostly in control of them. Still, the beast looked happy over all, contented now that it’s mate was safe.

Panting softly, the wolf began to rip off the pieces of clothing that had not fallen off of it yet, finding them to be too uncomfortable and too hot. As soon as the tattered leather pants came off, it became clear that Sasha’s wolf was not only the incorrect color and size, but also the incorrect gender. Between it’s legs was a sheath, though right now, it did not seek to mate with Azura, as tempting as it was. The Alpha’s wolf was the most beautiful creature that the Omega had ever seen…but it would wait. It would bide it’s time and spend the next month chasing away potential suitors. It would follow Azura and be her shadow while it tried to prove to her it was the best choice to mate with. And then next month, when she was in heat, it would mate with her. Plans were so much easier to make when in this form, they weren’t contingent upon complicated ideas such as ranking and contracts.

The white wolf made its way over towards Azura, tail up, ears perked forward. The wolf didn’t cower or give any sign at all that it would submit to Azura. It stood like an Alpha, tall and proud. Only when it saw the bloody front arm of the females arm did it bow down. The white wolf leaned forward and began to gently lap at the wound, trying to help stop the bleeding with it’s saliva.

Azura's form relaxed ever so slightly once the men had decided their lives were certainly worth far more than what ever coin they could collect and any desire for the females to have kept them warm through the icy nights had been obliterated from their minds. She could hear several horses took off back towards the town perhaps. None of the men grunted or seemed to have been thrown off by the horses and Azura assumed they had managed to bring their own. Clearly it appeared neither Azura or Sasha had been focused on being in danger and such mistakes could of been fare more costly.

Finally she turned her silvery gaze to Sasha. She waited patiently for Sasha to take a more submissive stance, it was not a specific desire but what was in truth ingrained and expected from years of such teachings. When it became obvious that such was not going to actually Azura lowered her head ever so slightly but her tail rose higher in the air. For the second time in a row of changing it had grown to it's full length. The lowering of the head was not an act of submission especially as the growl sounded from her throat. It was a single warning and reminder combined but it was quickly cut off because the change in position brought in line of sight something that certainly should not of been there. For a moment she simply stared even her wolf conscious which was by far more in control was baffled by the sight. As the wolf moved closer and began to lick the wounded paw Azura lifted her head up and trailed her nose along the broad shoulder of Sasha's form. She drank in the scent and while it was slightly different to the one she knew (or had thought she knew so well) it was certainly her Sasha.

She allowed Sasha to lick the wound five times before she distanced herself even though her wolf wished to move closer, to rub her head along one of Sasha's sides, to lick the snout and nip at her ..his neck. "Only a little...we could give in..just a tiny amount..."The temptation was there but Azura knew that Sasha was not fully there. It was the wolf of her that was in control and while it was clear that she..he currently seemed utterly affected by her (and the buried human conscious was a little uncertain whether to thankful or concerned about such) there was no promise that such would last long and if there was one thing both counter parts of Azura wished for above all else, should she and Sasha ever be able to mate..she wanted Sasha there in full mind...not as withdrawn as she was.

It was only with that thought in mind was she able to move away fully and give them both personal space she wished to narrow instead. Slowly she started to change her form back to it's human shape. The wolf argued slightly but allowed the change without causing any pain or aggravation. She curled her body about itself so that when the transformation was complete she was covered up to some degree. She settled upon what was left of her clothing and one the change was completed once more she pulled the ripped and shredded attire about herself. She managed to cover up her shoulders and breasts but what was left could not quite cover everything and she folded her arms about herself as if that made any difference.

Finally she stood up right and faced the wolf she was certain she was going to have to force to heal while getting Sasha to come out of her hiding spot all at the same time. First she decided to attempt the gentle approach.

Her pinned up hair had fallen free in the change and now hung loosely down past her shoulders in soft curls and ringlets that swayed gently as she moved towards the wolf. "Sasha? Sasha dear...you can come out now. They have gone. We are safe now." She slowly lifted one hand up to gently stroke along Sasha's neck to the beginning of her chest.

The wolf whined softly as Azura pulled away. He hadn’t finished cleaning her wound yet! But he did not press forward and force his attentions upon her. Even though he was bigger and stronger than Azura, he would not take what was not given. Instead, he would prove himself to her so that she would willingly submit to him. While not particularly romantic, that was the way it was supposed to be. Females had the final say in who they allowed to mate with them…the massive male wolf was just going to help her towards the decision of choosing him by mauling her betrothed or any other male half to death.

The white wolf just watched the Alpha curiously as she pulled away, trying to figure out what he had done wrong. He thought he was being a fine potential mate, but apparently that was not the case, because Azura’s wolf left him and the human side returned. Even though her human was not as pleasing to look at as her wolf, the male was content to watch her and listen to her speak, his ears twitching happily at the words he heard but chose not to understand completely. Azura’s voice was like music…he liked that. Sweet music whose words could be ignored and only the instruments appreciated…

He murred happily at the fingers running through his bristly fur. He sat down on his haunches and leaned into the touch so that he could properly enjoy his pets. Of course they were safe now! Azura’s wolf and him made a fantastic pair, there was no threat that they couldn’t handle. See? He’d be a good mate! He’d walk by her side and guard her for the rest of his life. He’d defend her and their pups from anything when the time came. He wouldn’t stand idly by and attempt to negotiate or subdue threats like the human side would. He’d just give intruders a warning growl and then when they didn’t leave, he’d bite their arm off. So he wasn’t about to change back and give up the control of the body he was finally allowed to have a hold over. Blue eyes kept drifting over to the cut on Azura’s arm… The human side had almost failed them…

He didn’t want to go back inside and let the human part back out. He was tired of the shame his female counterpart felt, tired of the how she hid her heart because of her fear. And he was tired of being hidden himself! He was always forced to hide in the stables with the big horse whenever the full moon was out and all the wolves would celebrate. He never got to celebrate, oh no. He’d wake up collared and chained to something in the same stall that the big horse occupied, allowed to be out of the house, to listen to the calls of other wolves, but never allowed to join them.

Besides, the human side didn’t want to come out either. It was too busy sniveling in a dark place inside of their mind. And as far as the wolf was concerned, it could stay there for the rest of their lives.

A long, drawn out inner sigh rippled through her form as she watched the wolf simply settle upon the snow covered ground and leaned into the strokes. She knew then that the wolf was not going to simply heel and obey and neither was Sasha. Both wolf and human form were stubborn as mules! She though could feel the cold of the snow and air chilling her bare skin. Whether it was time for a heart to heart or to try and bring Sasha back this was certainly not the place and while the wolf remained in control physically and mentally it had a vast physical advantage to her against the cold. "Fine, stay that way. I do not know about you but I am getting cold and we should go and find the horses and I need to.." She glanced down at what remained of her clothing and shook her head. "see if I can mend these at all..to some degree." She knew the cause was practically useless but ti would give her something to focus on. She was now wondering about Sasha's wolf form and to what extent the changes went to. Did ..the wolf form produce eggs or sperm..? Could she fill Azura with seed or would it simply be an empty act.

She continued to stroke through the fur for a few moments longer before ceasing and turned away from the wolf. She picked up what items they had both lost and made her way back where they had come from. She quickly located the horses and rose up onto Three Socks before she glanced backwards to see if the wolf was following. She expected she knew the answer but none the less the wolf was an unpredictable creature especially without Sasha holding the reigns. " We need to get off this road and find some where to settle. "

She leaned back in the saddle a moment and considered what they should do. She could vaguely recall seeing a map of the way and there had been a large home, an estate perhaps for it to be important enough to be on the map. It was off the route at least a mile but she hoped that would be enough and the thieves if they returned would assume they carried upon the pathway. "I hope you are going to behave enough to at least follow where I lead."

With that stated sharply she gently nudged Three Socks to lead , thankfully Destry followed in behind, seeming utterly comfortable with the wolf. Azura had to guess where the house would be but thankfully natural instinct seemed to aid her and after an hour the house came into sight. She sighed with relief as she examined it. It was dark which suggested it had been left , perhaps for the winter. It had stables in which Azura quickly settled the horses. She found bags of dry oats, they were a little dry and stale but they would service. Azura gave Destry double portions and broke the icy surface of the water buckets so they could drink. For the night they were settled at least and the food would do the pair more good than without.

Once they were done Azura broke one small window and slid in to the building. The house was bare but large which would be useful. She found several drawers which she searched and found a key. She hoped that the key would be the one to the front door and thankfully it was carefully she let the door open to allow Sasha in. "Do not damage this place." She said firmly as he walked in with his head still far too high to her liking right then. "Are you enjoying yourself in there?" Suddenly she felt angry. Angry at herself for running off int he first place, angry at the wolf for not submitting but mostly right then she was angry at the fact Sasha had kept the truth from her for so long.

"It is easy in there isn't Sasha.... though I am not sure I should use that name at the moment? So much easier without judgements and morals and politics clouding everything?"

The wolf grabbed a couple of articles of clothing in it’s massive jaws, trying to copy Azura, trying to show the human side that he was good and helpful besides being strong and handsome. And then he followed her along to find the horses, a couple of steps behind and off to the side, just like a shadow would follow. The big horse was easy to find, she had gotten her packs and reigns caught up in the brush and was now whinnying in irritation that she was stuck. The horse didn’t shy away from the wolf, she had seen it many times before and knew that it was Sasha. Though, she did seem to be a little confused as to why her Mistress was in the wolf form instead of the human one.

Follow Azura? Of course he could do that! He was to be her mate after all. Following came with the territory. He would follow her sometimes, and she would follow him other times, that was how it worked. Honestly these human forms were stupid. How did they not feel the threads that bound their hearts together? It was probably all that ‘higher thinking’ that clouded their brains and their hearts. They liked to pretend that their ability to speak and do more complicated rituals made them more ‘refined’, but the wolf just thought ‘refined’ was a polite way of saying ‘oblivious to everything’.

He walked by the smaller horse that kept giving it nervous glances for the entire way, boots and something that looked like it may have once been a shirt still in it’s mouth. When they came to a clearing and a cabin, he followed Azura about as she completed her tasks with the horses and even tried to follow her in through the window of the cabin. Unfortunately, his broad shoulders could not fit through the portal. He whined loudly and huffed as he peered around the inside of the cabin. There didn’t smell like there was anything strange inside, but still, he did not like it when Azura was out of his sight. She he dropped the boots and cloth from his mouth, letting them land on the floor before he began pawing at the windowsill. Unable to tear apart the wood to make the window bigger, he withdrew and moved towards the front door. The wolf scratched at the door and barked, waiting none-too-patiently to be let inside and take up his proper station at Azura’s side.

He pranced inside the house happily, tail wagging, ears perked. Although his fur was thick and helped keep out the cold, bursts of wind could still chill him to the bones. He huffed indignantly at being told ‘not to damage anything’. He was a proud wolf! Not a common dog that chewed on everything. With a sigh, he sat back down on his haunches. He heard the name ‘Sasha’ and while he would respond to that name, he knew by the tone of Azura’s voice that she was not talking to him, she was talking to her. Why would anyone want to talk to that thing anyways? She hardly ever listened! Talking to the human side was like talking to the wind…at least that’s what he thought anyways.

”Yes…it is easier in here…” Good, then stay in there, we like it out here.

The wolf barked happily that all was settled. The human side would stay inside and he would stay out here. Good, now they could carry on with their lives. He moved forward, giving Azura’s side an affectionate headbutt. He then curled himself around her, trying his best to share his body heat and keep her warm. The only awful part about this form was that it lacked thumbs and he would not be able to build her a fire to keep her from getting cold. But he would try his best by letting her share his fur and body heat.

Back
Top Bottom